AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.
House: Halcyon

AS Afflatus 20 OTP Quiz One

Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:13 am

Kiyoshi x Hanamiya- Kuroko no Basuke

1. Who would hog the blankets at night?
They’d most definitely share blankets equally.

2. Who tends to fuss over the other the most?
Kiyoshi, definitely, fusses over Hanamiya more.

3. Who does the cooking?
Hanamiya; no actually, they take turns.

4. Who would finish the other’s pizza crusts?
Kiyoshi would.

5. Who would take care of spiders and such for the other?
Kiyoshi.

6. Who is most likely to make up/forgive first?
Kiyoshi.

7. Who is the pet more attached to? (or hypothetical pet)
Hanamiya, it’s his doggo.

8. Who keeps their space cleaner?
They’re both kind of messy sometimes.

9. Who cries at the end of romantic movies?
Probably both of them, though Hanamiya would try and hide it.

10. Who takes longer to get ready for date night?
Hanamiya? He gets distracted by his pup.

11. Who tends to be more inappropriate?
Maybe both of them, though they don’t really swear if that’s what you mean.

12. Who is the silly one?
Kiyoshi.

13. Who apologizes first?
Both of them, at the same time.

14. Who is more likely to bring home a stray animal?
Maybe both of them, honestly.

15. Who stays up later?
Hanamiya ends up falling asleep on Kiyoshi, so Kiyoshi.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

AS Afflatus 20 OTP Quiz Two

Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:21 am

Yang x Blake- RWBY

1. Who would hog the blankets at night?
They’d most definitely share blankets equally.

2. Who tends to fuss over the other the most?
Blake seems motherly, so Blake to Yang.

3. Who does the cooking?
They take turns.

4. Who would finish the other’s pizza crusts?
Neither.

5. Who would take care of spiders and such for the other?
Yang

6. Who is most likely to make up/forgive first?
Yang, we’ve already seen a variation of that in the show, sort of.

7. Who is the pet more attached to? (or hypothetical pet)
Both of them, actually. As much as a cat can be.

8. Who keeps their space cleaner?
They’re both clean enough.

9. Who cries at the end of romantic movies?
Blake, and Yang thinks it’s adorable.

10. Who takes longer to get ready for date night?
Yang doesn’t care about her hair, so Blake.

11. Who tends to be more inappropriate?
I call doubt! Neither one of them swears or makes sexual jokes or anything.

12. Who is the silly one?
Both of them can be.

13. Who apologizes first?
Both of them, at the same time.

14. Who is more likely to bring home a stray animal?
If it’s a cat, Yang.

15. Who stays up later?
They do at the same time.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt

AS Afflatus 20 Prompt

Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:26 am

The sun didn’t rise today
(i actually got two ideas, so combining them.
WARNING: mention of dog death like right at the beginning, a person getting hit in the eye as well, more like accidentally stabbed trying to get her pen back)
bit of a fictional element here. I don’t believe in reincarnation, but I like to write it sometimes.)

The sun didn’t rise for Lucky that day...The dog, once acclaimed to be the luckiest in the world, was dying. He’d been attacked by the boar mother that had been focused on Jesse at first. The redheaded girl was kneeling over him, tears wetting his fur and making his cold body colder, not helping the effect the falling rain had. He closed his eyes slowly, raising his head just enough to give her a final lick, then dropped his head to the ground. Heaving a large breath, it was his final one and his heart beat no more...

Months and months later, Jesse still had boughts of darkness closing in and depression, never seeing the sun rise. It was something she used to do with Lucky, but not anymore. The girl hardly noticed when a random boy in her class snatched her pen, but when she did and grabbed for it, it became a wrestling match. It ended in the pen puncturing her eye, the girl crying out and the teacher rushing in. He’d been talking to another teacher, and now Jesse was rushed to the nurse while an ambulance was called, the boy sent to the principal’s office. Jesse was taken to the hospital, where they put her under and worked on her eye, but in the end sight couldn’t be saved...

She refused to wear her glasses after that, her eyesight having already been terrible, so people assumed she was totally blind. She wore sunglasses anyway, so no one ever questioned it. Her parents signed her up for a helper dog, not exactly a guide dog but one that could help her keep from bumping into things and maybe get her confidence back. After two years, she finally had that dog, a shepherd that had been being trained for that time. She’d actually gotten to come visit and have him get to know her, as well as see that she was the one he needed to help. However, she’d never once actually pet or hugged the dog. Now, as her parents watched, she sighed and finally touched him, gasping at the familiar feel of fur. “L-Lucky?” she whispered and the dog yipped, nuzzling her. “I...I’m calling him Bucky.” she announced, smiling for the first time in awhile. Her sun had finally returned.
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴏᴛᴘ ǫᴜɪᴢ #2

Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:06 pm

Mothrul of Dushnikh Yal & Ri'arji Siraonihr
  • Who would hog the blankets at night?
    xxxxxIt would definitely be Ri'arji. Due to her nature as a feline, she is constantly searching for material to build a comfortable nest for the night; wrapping herself in Mothrul's blanket or completely disappearing under them sounds very much like her. Ri'arji likes being comfortable and while she's not prone to whining if she has to sleep on a cold floor, she'll use any means necessary to make herself feel snug. If the night is very cold, though, she'll try her best not to leave Mothrul exposed.

Who tends to fuss over the other the most?
    xxxxxMothrul, probably. He's been quite defensive of the khajiit from the very beginnings of their friendship and still views Ri'arji as a physically weaker creature, in spite of her agility. He looks out for her safety and doesn't let anyone suspicious get close to the feline if he finds them to be unusual. The female is protective of her friend in her own ways but often lets him do as he wishes without interfering too much. She believes in him and knows that Mothrul can keep them safe.

Who does the cooking?
    xxxxxBoth of them are more or less crafty when it comes to food. Over the years spent living under Riften, the khajiit has learned how to make a decent meal out of various scraps she could steal or find lying inside of the many barrels and bags present near the canal. Being a man of many experiences and liking to travel around, Mothrul is familiar with surviving away from any major cities or towns and learns how to make quite a few meals with the meat and herbs he gathers through his journeys. While Ri'arji's food isn't as nutritious or healthy, it's quick to make and keeps them fed for a day or two. But the khajiit prefers watching Mothrul cook.

Who would finish the other’s pizza crusts?
    xxxxxThey don't usually have this problem. If either one of them doesn't like something, they will just refuse to eat it. Life is already difficult in the wilderness of Skyrim and no one has the ability to be picky about their food or resources. If the taste is really bad, though, they would try to mask it with some ale or mead.

Who would take care of spiders and such for the other?
    xxxxxOnce again, neither of them are fazed by such creatures. Battling larger and uglier things than small spiders on a daily basis, both Mothrul and Ri'arji barely lift an eyebrow at the sight of bugs or other unsightly critters. But if something one of them hates quite a bit appears, the other will quickly dispose of it for good.

Who is most likely to make up/forgive first?
    xxxxxRi'arji isn't the one to hold grudges for a long time. After completely healed from her addiction, she is a sweet and compassionate girl, who doesn't want to stay on bad terms with one of the few friends she has in the province. If something goes wrong between them, she would most likely be the one to apologise, even if their argument isn't only her fault. Of course, she isn't as quick to forgive and can sometimes remain upset for a few days even if she tries to hide it from Mothrul.

Who is the pet more attached to?
    xxxxxWhatever pets they might have in the future, they would most likely be a bit warier of Ri'arji, given that she isn't exactly humans and sometimes frightens animals because of her odd smell. And while Mothrul is more humanoid than she is, they are both often regarded carefully by the many wild beasts of Skyrim.

Who keeps their space cleaner?
    xxxxxMothrul, probably. He's a warrior and has to know where his items are in order to quickly retrieve them. Ri'arji has never been overly tidy, but whatever system she used to have before moving to Riften has already disappeared. Living underground, everything was stashed in various places to avoid being stolen and the youth had a good memory but didn't know why she put similar items into different places. And while Ri'arji tries to arrange the few things that she still owns, it sometimes backfires on her. Out of the two, she's definitely the less tidy one and doesn't take a lot of pride in that fact, even though she's working hard to get more organised.

Who cries at the end of romantic movies?
    xxxxxNeither of them. Continuously facing death and pain throughout their journey, both of them had become somewhat indifferent to sadness or emotional things happening around them. They're more likely to laugh at the idiocy of their friends instead of shedding a tear when someone is moaning about their failed love life.

Who takes longer to get ready for date night?
    xxxxxOnce again, they're both pretty quick to prepare for most things in life, be it infiltrating a masquerade or just continuing on their journey. Spending a large part of their day in armour, both Mothrul and Ri'arji have become quite familiar with it and know how to quickly dress and undress if the need calls for it. While a date for both of them sounds like a shared hunt or an adventurous journey through an abandoned Nordic ruin, neither of them has to prepare a lot for such things.

Who tends to be more inappropriate?
    xxxxxRi'arji, most likely. Being from a completely different culture and having spent a large part of her life in a different province, she isn't used to how some people can bluntly speak about consummating their relationships and sometimes confuses various meanings of certain words which end up in humorous situations where she means one thing but says something completely opposite. Mothrul speaks very little and understands the culture better than her, so he doesn't have this problem.

Who is the silly one?
    xxxxxThe khajiit is a bundle of joy whenever she isn't plagued by the itch under her skin that comes with her addiction. She often tries to make those around her life and is an insightful one. If someone is down or upset, she'll often start doing something funny to lighten the atmosphere and is generally found in a very good mood, especially after the initial high of the drugs wears off. After warming up to Mothrul, she often tells him stories about the idiocy her younger siblings used to do back in Elsweyr and making both of them feel giddy whenever she tries acting out the stupid and courageous tricks her younger brother often did in the rainforests.

Who apologizes first?
    xxxxxThe people of Elsweyr like to live in harmony with one another. And while it's not often possible, Ri'arji has already learned that she won't achieve much if the orc isn't helping her conquer the obstacles in their way. She doesn't like fighting with him and is often the first one to apologise whenever she messes something up or things go wrong because of her negligence. While Mothrul is very forgiving when it comes to Ri'arji, he sometimes gets mad at her and needs to cool off.

Who is more likely to bring home a stray animal?
    xxxxxBoth of them, most likely. Mothrul had almost adopted Ri'arji after stumbling on her inside of the Ratway and the pair had been more or less inseparable ever since. And while the khajiit doesn't often like to take care of others, she'd find it difficult to ignore a stray cat living in an empty barrel or some other critter that would obviously need her attention. Having lived on her own for quite a while, she doesn't want anyone to feel unneeded or useless as she had felt for a while.

Who stays up later?
    xxxxxMothrul and Ri'arji have their own reasons for staying up at night. Being a nocturnal creature, the khajiit often goes on walks around their camp or the city and watches the stars until she can barely stay awake, not wanting to return and be plagued by nightmares. Mothrul, being as careful as he often is, sometimes stays up just to keep watch and make sure no one creeps up on them during the night. They sometimes spend the night just chatting with each other about nothing.
important
Brown Belt

member questionnaire activity

Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:53 pm

• i. what is your favourite dessert? i love cheesecake, tbh. not a fan of chocolate, but i love cold desserts. lemon-flavoured things are also a huge favourite of mine.
      ii. what is your favourite colour? orange!
      iii. what is your favourite book? oh jesus. i haven't picked up a book in gods know how long. umm?? i think rn it'd be trigger warning by neil gaiman
      iv. what is your favourite place to be alone? well seeing as i'm alone for the good part of the day, i just sit on my ass in the main room. i value my alone time a lot, but i don't mind spending it with emily, either. i don't really go off in a room and seclude myself tbh. besides, i've got the house to myself all day five days a week.
      v. what is your favourite fictional character? please do not make me play favourites ): but um geralt of rivia is hot asf and i also adore ciri so there's that
      vi. what is your favourite fast food place? pls mcdonald's
      vii. what is your favourite movie series/universe? i don't really watch movies tbh??? rn my favourite tv series is white collar tho
      viii. what is your favourite class? i'm not in school, but when i was taking classes it was definitely my forensics class.
      ix. what is your favourite game? too many to name. i think skyrim and witcher iii wild hunt are a hard tie, with the AC games following shortly thereafter. oh, and RDR2.
      x. what is your favourite song? i will scream at you i do NOT pick a favourite song i refuse. rn i'm going through a thing where i'm obsessed with listening to anything by nothing more on repeat, tho
      xi. what is your favourite genre to role-play? fantasy, sci-fi, horror, you name it. i eat that shit up man.
      xii. what is your favourite social media platform? i don't like social media, tbh.
      xiii. what is your favourite style of art? impressionism
      xiv. what is your favourite time period in history? hahaha i love anything from 13th century to the 19th century so don't play with me. love historic periods waaayyy too much
      xv. what is your favourite beverage? alcoholic? hard tie between rum and bourbon. non-alcoholic? water, certain types of juice, coffee, and energy drinks :/
amnesia.
Black Belt

↪ member questionnaire

Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:55 pm

• 1. What is your favorite dessert?
    xxxxxxlemon sorbet hands down
    2. What is your favorite color?
    xxxxxxtoo many i have the feeling i'll be saying that a lot in this questionnaire but i really like pastel blues, purples, pinks - and i know it's technically a shade but for clothing i like different shades of black or grey
    3. What is your favorite book?
    xxxxxxit's been a while since i've read anything outside of what my university sets for us but i quite liked 'the devil in the marshalsea by antonia hodgson', i've had too many favourite books over the years
    4. What is your favorite place to be alone?
    xxxxxxdefinitely my bedroom
    5. What is your favorite fictional character?
    xxxxxxi have too many favourite fictional characters tbh
    6. What is your favorite fast food place?
    xxxxxxi don't really eat fast food all that often but i'm a basic bitch so it'd have to either be mcdonald's or burger king
    7. What is your favorite movie series/universe?
    xxxxxxi tend to get distracted pretty easily so it's rare i'll actually pay attention to any movie series, but at the moment/for a while now it's been marvel movies even if they have changed so much from the comics
    8. What is your favorite class?
    xxxxxxcurrently it's historical literature, i just find it interesting to see how the popular styles of writing have changed over time
    9. What is your favorite game?
    xxxxxxohgod, i can't choose. i think it would have to be a tie between the devil may cry series, the assassin's creed series, the last of us, resident evil and the far cry series
    10. What is your favorite song?
    xxxxxxthis tends to change pretty much every week, but at the moment i think it'd be vacant by echoes
    11. What is your favorite genre to roleplay?
    xxxxxxi love writing for pretty much anything and everything - fantasy, realism, fluff, angst, horror, action, historical, medieval, i really can't think of my favourite genre rip
    12. What is your favorite social media platform?
    xxxxxxi don't really use social media all that much so ??? i kinda like instagram i guess??
    13. What is your favorite style of art?
    xxxxxxeither realism or watercolour
    14. What is your favorite time period in history?
    xxxxxxhm, i think either the egyptian period or victorian, though for literature i like the romantics to victorians
    15. What is your favorite beverage?
    xxxxxxeither raspberry tea, lemon iced tea or fudge hot chocolate
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ

Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:07 pm

━━ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ʜᴀʀᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ғᴀʟʟ ━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ━━
  • What is your favourite dessert? I am a big fan of caramel. I don't really care if it's sweet or comes with a bit of salt; I love it all the same. A lot of more popular sweets like chocolate, mint-flavoured goodies and cheesecakes make me feel happy and I enjoy eating them, too.
    What is your favourite colour? Black! I'm going to wear a different colour whenever they invent something darker than black, honestly.
    What is your favourite book? There are so many of them. My absolute favourite one has to be Forest of the Gods by Balys Sruoga, a Lithuanian author; I've started reading his creations when I was still in middle school and he holds a very special place in my cold, dead heart. But like many people of my age, I'm a fan of the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling and the Lord of the Rings saga by J. R. R. Tolkien. Bless all three of them. ♥
    What is your favourite place to be alone? During the colder months, I like to barricade inside my room with some cider and snacks. I can distance myself from the world with some music and hope that no one barges in. But when it's warm outside, I sometimes just take a bus to wherever and sit until everything feels better. It's usually a park or a forest that I visit and hope to get away from people. I like quiet, derelict places.
    What is your favourite fictional character? Oh, my... this is a difficult question. Over the years I've found so many great characters that remain in my heart to this very day. I've grown up admiring characters like Draco Malfoy and Severus Snape, Aragorn II Elessar and Legolas Greenleaf - I even rooted for Scar from the Lion King movies in the past and I still do, honestly. But, honestly, I'm prepared to give myself up to [Brynjolf from Skyrim. :/
    What is your favourite fast food place? Eh, McDonald's has always been a saviour in those days full of hunger and practically no money.
    What is your favourite movie series/universe? I'm going to write a novel to these questions, I swear. Honestly, there are quite a few universes or series that I adore - my biggest love is for anything SAW-related. Things like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and Godzilla come at a close second and all of them have a very special place in my heart. I'd also mark shows like Hannibal, House M. D. somewhere into that mix of greatness.
    What is your favourite class? I'm a linguist and bloody proud of it! Back in high school, I loved learning new languages and ended up learning English, Russian and French until graduation. During university, I also took Latin and loved every second of it. A close second during the school years was History but my teacher managed to somewhat lower my motivation with his discussions and quizzes. Nowadays, I'm a slut for Criminal Justice.
    What is your favourite game? Lineage II - there's no competition. I've played this game since I was a 7 y. o. and I'm not tired after almost two decades. Of course, games likes Skyrim, Alice: Madness Returns and the franchise of Assassin's Creed are very close, but no one will ever beat my baby.
    What is your favourite song? I've been addicted to listening to Miracle of Sound's Age Of The Dragon for the last couple of days and it's going to go into some playlist of mine very soon. I don't really have a favourite song and I mostly get addicted to a song for a week before moving on.
    What is your favourite genre to roleplay? Definitely a mix between fantasy mixed with psychological horror. Imagine mixing Alice in Wonderland with a franchise like SAW and writing about the gory, depressing outcome. That is my dream roleplay and I want to have it created one day.
    What is your favourite social media platform? I'm mostly on Facebook throughout the idea honestly. It's always open on my computer. But whenever I'm on my phone, I prefer to browse tumblr and Instagram. I'm rather inactive on places like twitter. And I really dislike Snapchat. :c
    What is your favourite style of art? I'm a fan of realism. Back in the day, I used to like cartoons but not anymore. I guess I've grown out of them.
    What is your favourite time period in history? I'm a complete sucker for anything medieval-themed. I'm not against writing about early civilisations or the present age, but everything Victorian-themed will always get love from me. While I understand that life wasn't all that pretty back then, that entices me to no end. I'm a fan of historical roleplays in general and I'll always choose something in the past over the future or the present, honestly.
    What is your favourite beverage? When it comes to alcohol, I'm mostly a cider girl. I also like drinking beer but mostly light ones as dark is a tad too bitter for me. But I'm also a big fan of tea and coffee as well as juice and simple water with some leaves and fruits thrown into it.
Savannah-the-Caracal
Black Belt
House: Amaranthine

Member Interview

Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:14 am

1. What is your favorite dessert?
Rainbow Sherbert Ice Cream <3
Hmmm depends on my mood really. Sometimes it's this shade of green, other times its this shade of purple.
too many to narrow it down: Ready Player One, the entire Wings of Fire series, and...Warriors: Tigerheart's Shadow
Home, usually at the dining room table with my laptop X3
Lloyd Garmadon (Ninjago), Blue (Wings of Fire), and Michelangelo (TMNT)
I'd have to say either Wendy's or Sonic
Movie? Hmmmm....either Ready Player One or Middle Earth
Art~
Clue hands down (also known as Cluedo)
At this exact moment in time they are:: Breaking Free (High School Musical), Yakko’s World + Wakko's America (Animaniacs), Faith of the Heart (Russel Watson), I Know You Know (The Friendly Indians), and Take Back the Night (CaptainSparklez & TryHardNinja)
Fantasy
here - Tumblr is the only really social media-esque account I have, so...yeah gonna have to say Tumblr lol
Cartoony. Mainly because I can't draw realistic worth squat.
oof...maybe medieval times? idk
probably root beer tbh mainly because it's a rare treat x3
hyena
Brown Belt
House: Sagacitas

Member Interview

Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:19 pm

• 1. What is your favorite dessert?
        Not an easy question, but I love black forest cherry cake or cookies and cream ice cream.

Blue! Mostly darker blues and blue-greens. Most every piece of clothing I wear is blue.

The Art of Racing in the Rain

In my room generally or in the museum where I work-- not because I intend to take any of the specimens when no one is watching, I promise. I just really love having the quiet moment on my own to really take in everything I can about our articulations, mounted insects, and fossils.

Dang, this is an insanely difficult question, and I'm having trouble narrowing down to less than a dozen answers. Some that are on the top of my mind are Toothless from HTTYD, Nate Ford from the show Leverage, Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn, Sam from Uncharted 4 and 5, Rocket Raccoon, Tony Stark, Peter Quill, and... so many others

Probably Chick-fil-a! Great food though I don't love all of their opinions.

Marvel is my favorite universe easily.

Entomology and Animal Behavior have been the best classes at college! Though really just biology in general is amazing.

Horizon: Zero Dawn, Last of Us, God of War, the Uncharted Series, and Pokémon. Naturally.

Oh man, too many to name, way too many. Some I've been listening to lately are Howl and Dog Days by Florence and the Machine; Gospel by Panic! at the Disco, Bad Liar by Imagine Dragons, Something Like This by Chainsmokers and Coldplay, and Beautiful Trauma by P!nk.

Sci-fi or fantasy definitely!

Does Deviantart count?

Dude I don't even know, art is cool. I love going to art museums and seeing the ancient Egyptian works.

In human history, Ancient Egypt. In world history, I can't entirely pick out a favorite time, but think the entire stretch from the Cambrian explosion to the Ice Age? Basically everything that has cool animals that we don't have any more; though I also love the animals we have today. In other words, I define my world by animals.

Hard cider or tea.

ArcaneWitch
Green Belt

Member Interview

Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:51 am

────❝Come all ye fairmaids, where ever you may be
who loves a jolly sailor, that plows the raging sea❞──

1. What is your favorite dessert?
Raspberry Sorbet
Blue and/or Black
YOU CANT FORCE ME TO CHOOSE BETWEEN MY
CHILDREN! Any of the Percy Jackson/Heroes of
Olympus.

My room
Meliodas in Seven Deadly Sins
Arby's
Uhhh....I don't watch movies heh.
History of course!
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
I don't have just one heh.
Horror/Fantasy
Facebook
Anime/Fantasy
Ancient Greece
Earl Grey Tea