AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!
bows.and.arrows
Orange Belt
House: Halcyon

Member Interview

Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:54 am

• 1. What is your favorite dessert?
    cheesecake
    2. What is your favorite color?
    blue
    3. What is your favorite book?
    bluestar's prophecy
    4. What is your favorite place to be alone?
    in the car
    5. What is your favorite fictional character?
    crash from finding carter
    6. What is your favorite fast food place?
    arby's
    7. What is your favorite movie series/universe?
    ehhh
    8. What is your favorite class?
    american history
    9. What is your favorite game?
    atm, harvest moon: a trio of towns
    10. What is your favorite song?
    atm, i wish i never met you by domo wilson
    11. What is your favorite genre to roleplay?
    romance
    12. What is your favorite social media platform?
    instragram
    13. What is your favorite style of art?
    chibi
    14. What is your favorite time period in history?
    WWII
    15. What is your favorite beverage?
    i live on dr pepper.
algorythm
Black Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: member interview

Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:01 am

• 1. What is your favorite dessert? probably ice cream...even in the dead of canadian winter haha
    2. What is your favorite color? to wear probably grey, black, red and yellow (hopefully not at the same time). in general, I'm pretty much okay with anything. ig I like the primaries and black most.
    3. What is your favorite book? life after life by kate atkinson is a recent favourite. and I'm a toddler (ask anyone who knows my preferred sleep schedule) so the fablehaven series by brandon mull.
    4. What is your favorite place to be alone? my room, my life is essentially in here. libraries are a nice public place to be alone though.
    5. What is your favorite fictional character? ichi from ichi by shinohara hana came to mind even though I haven't read that manga in a while. george o'connor's interpretation of hera is pretty great. seraphina from seraphina by rachel hartman. I like strong(-ish?) women, sad situations.
    6. What is your favorite fast food place? ...burger king? mcdonald's? mary brown's? idk man I just like fries and sometimes I crave putty filled chicken nuggets, or a bacon cheeseburger, or actually decent chicken fingers. fries are the important bit though.
    7. What is your favorite movie series/universe? underworld because kate beckinsale duh. mmm star wars. THE BARBIE MOVIES (I can't even assure you I'm kidding). and not to be that bitch, but marvel pre a couple recent movies.
    8. What is your favorite class? probably english or art. the sciences are dope minus labs.
    9. What is your favorite game? I don't really play if I'm being honest.
    10. What is your favorite song? glue by plt, lover boy by phum viphurit, baby by shininryu (ft. jooyoung) and/or let me in by h.e.r.
    11. What is your favorite genre to roleplay? the gross stuff lmao. pg wise love historical (including mythology and all that good stuff) and angst.
    12. What is your favorite social media platform? I spend too much time on snapchat and instagram but that's just because it's the visual version of white noise.
    13. What is your favorite style of art? specific styles of semi-realism, asian (inspired) stuff because I'm most of the boos you can think of, styles with clean lines, then rococo and baroque a lil bit.
    14. What is your favorite time period in history? I find most ancient civilizations interesting, so anything pre-colonialism?
    15. What is your favorite beverage? water or iced tea
Memory.
Black Belt

ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ: ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ʀɪsᴇ

Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:01 pm

─────────── (ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʀᴏsᴇ, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢᴏᴛ ᴜᴘ)─
    Word Count: 1,047 TW: Mentions of blood and death
    Characters: Unknown/anonymous
    • In hell there had been no sun or moon. No rights could be wronged, or vice-versa. The weather down there had been arid, the souls of the people having been either burned or obliterated by the torrid heat. As a child he couldn’t understand it. Couldn’t understand why people would choose to suffer, especially if they knew that the afterlife could have been filled with an ataraxic, blissful image -- whatever image that person chose it to be. He couldn’t put his finger on it, couldn’t fathom why the promise of angels would go ignored for so long. Why people would choose to live without the sun or even just a lunette of the moon. Though, he supposed that those angels held a certain sense of odium to that of the beings of the natural world.

It was where he found himself, looking down at the man with sullen eyes, and wondering when he would get up from the cold, graupel sheeted ground. There was a misery behind those eyes, dejecting the sorrow sight of what they had encountered. He allowed for the Kalopsia to overtake him, and instead of noticing the blood on the man’s shirt he only noticed how prepossessing the deep red looked against the white. Instead of focusing on the features of the man that seemed to be more cannescent than usual he focused on the color of his eyes, and how captivating he remembered them to be in the middle of the night. Instead of the future without him he thought of the past with him.

Despite his track record, he never knew the man to be dangerous or deserving of the worst things possible. Like a multitude of other people, the man had hopes, dreams… maybe even a little more. A more than beautiful, more than capable creature within himself. Perhaps he didn’t have many goals or aspirations either, how could anyone truly know with such a shortened lifespan? Other humans. In broader details he was like many other humans -- how he had reacted to certain situations, the ways in which he interacted, how easily they all crumble -- so much so that the differences were nearly impossible to spot. Though, as an emotional being himself he had refused to let the generic be the end of the conversation, and instead honed in on the most minute details -- his smile, the anxieties that troubled his mind, all of the times he had gotten scared or mad for one reason or another, the small waves of akrasia -- all of which bewitched and enraptured him: Captivating to the eye despite how perilous he had become. And in all, he had found the man to be as concupiscible, just as he had about the arcane species that was himself.

Being perilous had never been a problem, nor had it ever been a gripe of his. Bell ame. A beautiful soul. A soul that had captivated, enraptured him to the point of devastation. The whelve of emotions in the pit of his stomach bubbled, making him breathless. A tear from the tears he refused to meet slid past his eyes, before making its way down the structure of his cheek and meeting the soft, delicate snow.

One of the memories in which he held dear was going to the lake late at night, and staring into the moonglade of the water. The sight had always been beautiful, endearing… romantic, even. At least in his eyes. In the eyes of the other it might have been seen as monotonous, or even tedious; but either way they were moments in which he had cherished and reveled in the most. The emotions in which he generally held towards the other man were echt, and the memories riant.

Featly, the man moved to put his grey blanket from around his shoulders over the corpse -- not that it would do either of them any good, if perhaps not to cover up some of the mess.

The thought of the other man’s moira had never been one to occur to him, or how one's fate could have a direct effect on heartbreak. And how other people could remain so wabi-sabi about moments such as, he did not know.

That day the sun to his world never rose, never got up off the graupel. A mind that used to be filled with thoughts of light and apricity was now cimmerian, helpless under the weight of potentially losing a loved one. Life leading up to the tragedy seemed like habromania. Had the man even been real? Or had he been so unhappy that he simply conjured a thought of him? Questions to which he didn’t know the answer, or to which he seemed to not want to know the answer to. Whether caused by illusion or delusion, he thought himself to be an eccedentesiast so skilled that he even managed to fool himself. If only thoughts of painful memories could be abluvion like glass bottles on the seaside. If the world was his, he’d make it at least a feasable thought that could be grasped by anyone.

The death of a person in which he felt comfortable enough to call his other half brought on a sense of isolophilia wrapped around the letters of monophobia, as if he were doomed to live out his life as a type of preta. As if he had never been put in such a situation before. The man had been a rock, someone who filled in some sort of lacuna in his life, and now all he could hope was that the other had felt the same about him.

Due to the unchangeable skyline, the moments felt lost, almost zenosynic in a way, and his own mind was once again stravaging far because of it, as if the hands of his mind were losing its grasp on reality. The world that he once viewed as elysian was now white and gray, covered in the blood in which it had claimed. In a place where time was stuck with the memories of what used to be. And once again, he could only wish that disenthralling himself from those thoughts meant that they would be forgotten for good. And much like the sun, forgotten forever.
Memory.
Black Belt

ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ

Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:01 pm

• 1. What is your favorite dessert?
    Ohgosh, I think maybe crepes if they count

2. What is your favorite color?
    Black and grey, but also various shades of greens and blues

3. What is your favorite book?
    Right now I'm into astrology books and manga

4. What is your favorite place to be alone?
    In my room, or outside if it's raining

5. What is your favorite fictional character?
    unsure

6. What is your favorite fast food place?
    Every once in a while I'll go to Chick-fil-a

7. What is your favorite movie series/universe?
    Narnia

8. What is your favorite class?
    At the moment it's History 110, which starts in Kemet and goes outward from there.

9. What is your favorite game?
    I don't play very many games anymore, but I love Cards Against Humanity

10. What is your favorite song?
    Put Your Records On - Corinne Bailey Rae

11. What is your favorite genre to roleplay?
    I love writing and role-playing most any genre

12. What is your favorite social media platform?
    None of them

13. What is your favorite style of art?
    Art Deco

14. What is your favorite time period in history?
    ohgosh, anywhere between the Renaissance to the Victorian Era

15. What is your favorite beverage?
    Either tea or hot chocolate
angelofwarfare
Purple Belt
House: Vipera

member interview

Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:32 am

1.)What is your favorite dessert?:

oh lord. I love so many desserts. if I had to pick just one, it would be anything with chocolate in it. I love sea salt caramel chocolates, dark chocolates, and kinder chocolates. if it is pie, I love the key lime pie. if it is cake, the chocolate beast. if it is a pastry, the chocolate cigar.

2.) What is your favorite color?:

my favorite color is wine red. I also like darker colors like gray and black. sometimes, I like light shades of pink and green. 

3.) What is your favorite book?:

unfortunately, I do not read a whole lot of books anymore due to time constraints, but I can highlight two that are my favorite that I have read a while back? the two books that I think were a fun read was ghosts of onyx by eric nyuland and daughter of smoke and bone by laini taylor. a book that I have only read a few chapters into fairly recently and I believe for it to be good thus far is ancillary justice by ann leckie. if you have any books with fantasy or sci-fi elements to it, please recommend me some. c:

4.) What is your favorite place to be alone?:

tbh, my room, driving alone in the car, or going on a mini excursion someplace such as a park in another city on my own. 

5.) What is your favorite fictional character?:

an damn. this is a toughie. my favorite female fictional character is daenerys targaryen and angela ziegler. mt favorite male fictional character is garrus vakarian from the mass effect trilogy. he is my space bae.

6.) What is your favorite fast food place?:

ummm...either taco bell, kfc, or pollo tropical.

7.) What is your favorite movie series/universe?:

star wars. also disney movies if they count??

8.) What is your favorite class?:

my favorite class that I have taken would be microbiology. we got to cultivate live bacteria in a lab, viewed them in dyes under microscopes, etc. it was very fun, and I learned a whole lot about bacterium strains and how they affect our world. one serious and arising issue is how these bacteria are becoming stronger, and our antibiotics aren't working effectively against them. it is an interesting topic if you ever need a subject to research for an essay.

9.)What is your favorite game?:

board game or videogame? I have always liked playing dominoes with my grandfather from one side of the family (even though he would like to cheat by slipping a domino into his shirt pocket or put the wrong sided dots to another). I also liked playing the german board version of  'sorry' with my grandmother when she watched me and my brother. no mercy from her, she would always annihilate us. lol. my favorite videogame....god. I can't name one. daaaaamn. I do like the halo series (even though it went to shit), life is strange, destiny and overwatch.

10.) What is your favorite song?:

I can't really just pick one. there is so many great songs out there. though, a current fav has to be lovely by billie eilish and khalid because I can personally relate to it. I feel like billie really put her emotion into this. it feels real and relatable.

11.) What is your favorite genre to roleplay?:

fantasy (modern or medieval-esque) or science fiction (as long as it is not hard science).

12.) What is your favorite social media platform?:

reddit

13.) What is your favorite style of art?:

baroque.

14.) What is your favorite time period in history?:

medieval/middle ages.I used to go to renaissance fests.

15.) What is your favorite beverage?:

don't laugh. chocolate milk.
angelofwarfare
Purple Belt

otp questionaire one/style one

Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:32 am

nadia x xyander
(from "transcendence")
xxxx Image xxxx "you should see me in a crown" ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ xxxx
"Today, we welcome two very special guests to our show. A pair of Guardians that aren't exactly the typical heroes painted in the  legends of light bearers that your grandmother speaks so fondly of. In the age of dark gods and malicious beings, a certain grouping of people arises from shadowed lands.Please give a warm welcome to them."

"Oh, this is an interview? I thought this was an intervention for his plans of world domination. "

"Well, we already made an effort to be present here. Let's hear those questions."

1.) Who would hog the blankets at night?:

An all-knowing glance is sent towards the huntress followed by a crack of a smile that tugs at the corner of his lips. The titan does not speak right away, yet the answer is written on the expression that he wears. He waits to hear such an answer to come from her, as he leans slightly forward in his seat. "Well, why don't we ask the blanket thief over there?", Xyander soon voices, to which the huntress attempts to keep a straight face."It's me. I steal the blankets at night.", the huntress begins to speak softly in return, as she shoots a glance back over to Xyander."What can I say? Hunters are known for their thievery.", she adds soon after before she fixates her attention back onto the interviewer.

2.) Who tends to fuss over the other the most?:

For a moment, the duo seems to have pondered over the question to conjure an answer. A second or two is spared as they look to the other, and then it is the titan that supplies the interviewee with the answer. "While be both tend to fuss over one another, I believe that I am the one that fusses over her the most. Even though there has been times that I did not visibly show such concerns over her.", Xyander replies as he briefly glances over to the huntress that is seated beside him. "...with ahamkaras and taboo subjects involved, someone's got to care for this short stack.", he adds soon after with one of his hands planting onto the side of her chair to drag her seat so that she would be closer to him. This causes for the light bubble of laughter to erupt from her from such an action that he has performed.

3.)Who does the cooking?:

It is at an instant that the huntress summons a response to the question by shifting around in her seat and raising her hand to direct the interviewer's focus."That would be me! I do the cooking. Though, he really can't eat anything that I make for him due to a condition that he has..." , the huntress responds, but before the interviewer can implore on what she means by this 'condition', she is quick to intercept."Next question?"

4.) Who would finish the other’s pizza crusts?:

"Well, the same kind of goes with the last question. He doesn't really eat a whole lot. So, if I seem him struggling with some pizza that he got stuck with, I will be glad to help him out a little. It is the least I can do for him.", the huntress tells the interviewer, only to catch a glimpse of a smirk that lines his lips."You will literally eat anything that is soaked with grease and generally unhealthy for you."

5.) Who would take care of spiders and such for the other?:

It seems that the singular word of the mentioning to 'spiders' sets the huntress with an uncomfortable stance that is visible in her tensed shoulders and how she seems to send a glance past the interviewer. They weren't going to bring out a boxed enclosure of tarantulas were they? The titan tries to contain the smirk that dares to make its appearance."While she can usually take out a spider, she despises them. Therefore, I am unusually sent in to slay the spider. I don't usually leave empty-handed without a reward of sorts for this valiant quest.", Xyander murmurs softly with dark eyes moving back onto the huntress whose freckled cheeks are dusted with a hint of red.

6.) Who is most likely to make up/forgive first?:

"It would most likely be her. She isn't a fan of arguments and disputes in the first place. She would be the one to make up and to forgive me. She's got a kind heart. Not many to this world that are like her.", Xyander speaks softly while he casts a brief glance over to the huntress that peers up at him. There is a warmth that ebbs from that small hint of a smile that she gives him, but she does not say a single word to him. Yet, such a smile falters for a second only for a playful smack to land onto his shoulder."How can she with my irresistible charm?"

7.) Who is the pet more attached to?:

"Oh, Domino loves Xyander! Ever since the first day that she came home.", Nadia begins to say while such a question reels a warm memory on the first day that the kitten has been brought home."I found her snuggling up with him the next morning. She loves us both, but I believe that she has a preference to Xyander. He's a good snuggler, so I can't really blame the cat for liking him better.", the huntress decides to toss into the conversation with a briefly explained element to one of the reasons why the feline has a preference to the broad shouldered man.

8.) Who keeps their space cleaner?:

"Well...we both are neat freaks when it comes to such a categorization. We do not like to lounge nor work in a messy environment.", Nadia begins to say, while she tries to juggle from out of the two of them, which was the one that kept their space cleaner. "Sometimes, I do have books scattered about or another assortment of items that I just haven't gotten around to clean up and organize. So, I am going to give that one to him. He's the crown neat freak from the two of us.", the huntress adds soon after with a light shrug of her shoulders.

9.)Who cries at the end of romantic movies?:

The dark god bites back a laugh, but he dares not to even turn his head even the slightest towards the huntress's direction. Oh, this was the far easier of questions that could have been asked. A stark contrast between night and day. "That would be Nadia.", Xyander begins to say as he spares the petite woman a sideways glance. "Hey, remember that one movie where the dog ran away from home, and in the end of the movie, they found the dog stuck in a ditch in the middle of the woods when they thought she was dead. So, they brought the dog home to rest by the fireplace and-", the titan begins to speak of one such movie, which instantly gets shut down by her own remark. "Noooooo. Don't you dare!"

10.) Who takes longer to get ready for date night?:

"By the Gods, her. You would think she is summoning a portal way to an ascendant realm in the bathroom by how long it takes for her to get ready.", the titan feels free to speak on such a question, but goes ahead as to provide a further explanation to this curious query."...but she does look divine. You should have seen her that night at the gardens. Unearthly.", Xyander says with his softened gaze flickering over to the huntress shortly after he has uttered this."Guilty as charged. I make it worthwhile though.", the huntress feels free to supplement.

11.) Who tends to be more inappropriate?:

"Ha! That's an easy one! It's him! He's a dirty old man! Ever since day one!", Nadia exclaims as she jabs a thumb towards his direction."Ohhh, I know he did it on purpose too! He'd start laughing whenever I got embarrassed or find some other way to tease me. He's a real jerk at times. Any ladies want to take him? He's free to a good home.", the huntress speaks with a sprinkling of humor near the end to her sentence.

12.) Who is the silly one?:

"Alrighty. I'll admit to this one. It's me. I'm the goofy one from out of the two. He's waaaaayyy too serious to kick it back and relax for a little while.", Nadia goes on to tell the interviewer followed by a cheeky smile that illuminates her complexion."Wouldn't you agree? Life is too short to take everything so seriously. It's better to be a little silly than to be an absolute bore.Mix things up a bit, you know?", the huntress includes with a slight tilt of her head following soon after. It is then that the titan slides an arm to rest at the top to her chair with a hint of a smile pulling at the corners to his lips."You sure are something special."

13.) Who apologizes first?:

A couple of moments consisting of a mutual silence falls between them with this question taken in consideration. They rarely ever did have their quarrels whether it be something that was minor or major in matter. There has only been a few incidences, but they have been resolved in a timely fashion. Therefore, an answer to this question is soon produced."Well, we don't really get into arguments. We get along pretty well. Though, I believe that if we did get into an argument, she would be the one to apologize first even if she was not in the wrong.", Xyander replies soon after as he shifts slightly in his chair.

14.) Who is more likely to bring home a stray animal?:

"Nadia is like the Disney Princess of animals. I swear, they all approach her. We actually found Domino in an alleyway. She was a small and frail kitten that had been abandoned by her previous owner and left out near some dumpsters. As soon as she set her eyes on the feline, she brought the cat home to nurse it back to health. And there is the story to how we got a cat."m Xyander provides the shortened version of the story to how exactly they have came across the cat that conquered the domain of their household. "She's pretty cute. The cat I mean.", the titan jokingly adds into the conversation with causes for a feigned frown to brush across the plush lips of the huntress.

15.) Who stays up later?:

"He stays up later than I do. Matter of fact, he doesn't sleep at all.", Nadia begins to say softly with one leg that crosses over the other."I mean it in a literal sense. He doesn't require sleep.", she adds soon after to clear even the slightest haze of confusion from such an answer.I am a bit of a night owl myself as well. I tend to stay up till the early morning some days when it is needed whether it be research or some other task that needs to be done.", the huntress feels free to give with her own habits when it came down to sleep patterns."Sometimes, it comes back to nip me right in the behind. So, he makes sure that I get my full night's rest.", mentions before she looks over to him with a light trace of a smile.

xxxx "i'm going to run this nothing town" ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ xxxx Image
angelofwarfare
Purple Belt

otp questionare two/style two

Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:33 am

auriel & aiden
(from "we all have our secrets")

xxxx Image xxxx "things fall apart" ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ xxxx
"A shape-shifting dragon created by a cold-hearted goddess from another realm and a skin-thief from the earth who does not have an inkling of the realm beyond the veil. Well then, I cannot wait to see how this tale unfurls itself."

1.) Who would hog the blankets at night?:

ah, this would definitely be Auriel. having the alternate (but locked away) form of a giant reptile with wings and breathes fire, she is considered to be 'cold-blooded'. she needs a viable beat source because her own body temperature reflects on the environment. so naturally, she is the type to hog the blankets. or at least, make this the excuse as to why she snatches up the blankets.

2.) Who tends to fuss over the other the most?:

they both equally fuss over one another whether it be a wound that is festering that needs to be tended to, or a subject matter that one disagrees about the other partaking in. typically, it is Auriel that fusses over any injury that Aiden has suffered through, and it is Aiden that fusses over her when there is a potentially dangerous plan that she goes through that he may disagree with.

3.)Who does the cooking?:

Aiden. she is absolutely terrible at cooking without the proper instruction. to be fair, she hasn't really learned how to cook in the first place? there were certain roles or molds that her kind has been 'fitted' into, and they were not allowed to dabble into another's role. she loves it every time that he cooks because it makes it a whole lot more special because he has made it.

4.) Who would finish the other’s pizza crusts?:

this would be the task for Auriel. her stomach is basically a bottomless pit. this girl can eat because of a very rapid metabolism that she has. so a few hours after one meal, you can expect for her stomach to be grumbling or her hunting down a food source in the confines of the fridge or the pantry.

5.) Who would take care of spiders and such for the other?:

none of them are afraid of these arachinids. so, either one of them would dish out some damage to these household adversaries. unless, it just so happens to be the spiders that crawl around in the old ruins of the forest in the realm. it is then that even Auriel would actively avoid such a place.

6.) Who is most likely to make up/forgive first?:

gosh. this is a hard one. I imagine that it would be Aiden to apologize first, since he has empathy while she does not (in the beginning; it's a looooong story). 

7.) Who is the pet more attached to?:

Aiden has a dog that he picked up from off the streets. I believe that the dog would be more attached to him not only because of the fragmentation of the soul that he carries (that belonged to his previous owner), but also because he has been around him for more longer. this does not mean that the dog does not show affection to Auriel. the dog has taken a liking to her as well.

8.) Who keeps their space cleaner?:

hmm...Auriel tends to keep her belongings organized and clean. a lot of her belongings from her previous moves remain in boxes, because she couldn't be bothered to unpack it if it meant that she may have to move again in a couple of months. so, it would leave her own space clean (albeit empty). she likes to keep some level of organization, or it may leave her in disarray to where she put a certain item.

9.)Who cries at the end of romantic movies?:

neither one of them. they really aren't the types that would cry so easily. so this would not be the case for either one of them, unless it struck some sort of chord with them. they really try not to show such weaknesses (at least in the beginning).

10.) Who takes longer to get ready for date night?:

well, women typically do take longer to get ready for date night. she definitely fits underneath that category. she dresses to impress, and the only man that she is impressing is Aiden. she would want to look drop dead gorgeous for someone that has went through hell and back for her.

11.) Who tends to be more inappropriate?:

Aiden. definitely Aiden when it comes to suggestiveness. Auriel may say something like,"oh wow. look how big that is." in reference to a tall building and he's probably tempted to say something a tad bit inappropriate in response. sometimes, it flies over her head because of mistranslation (with english not being her first language) while other times she is able to catch it.

12.) Who is the silly one?:

Auriel can be 'silly' by unintentional means. like, if she saw an item that she has never seen before, this may cause for her to act child-like in nature. for instance, if she saw a bouquet of flowers, she may be thinking, "that's weird. why would they put fauna in a bundle like that? why don't they just...well...eat it?" not knowing that bouquets were popular to be given as gifts when in the realm some are used for medicinal or culinary purposes.

13.) Who apologizes first?:

if she is the wrong, Auriel will most likely be the first to apologize. or, if neither one of them apologizes to the other after a dispute, she would be the one to make amends/settle the peace, even if she had a valid and was on the right side of things. she could not keep such angered tensions between the two of them for long, because secretly, she hates to be alone.

14.) Who is more likely to bring home a stray animal?:

well, Aiden technically did bring home a stray animal, but this was before he has met Auriel. I'd imagine that he would still be the most likely to bring in another stray, since some (if not most) animals do not have a liking for Auriel because they can sense her alternative form. animals typically perceive her as a threat/danger similarly to a predatory animal.

15.) Who stays up later?:

naturally being nocturnal (more active during the night), it would be Auriel. yet, she has adjusted her sleep cycle so that she would sleep during the night and awaken in the morning. there has been times that she has broken such a cycle, and found herself active during the nightly hours, but she typically sticks to the other routine for productivity.

xxxx "but nothing breaks like a heart" ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ xxxx Image
angelofwarfare
Purple Belt

prompt

Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:34 am

"I've never felt more alive."
2,084 w.
Hidden text.
xxThe lonesome guardian had been given the calling of the 'dullahan'. Such a namesake that is scrawled in the pages of mission reports that are tucked away in obsidian folders that shall never see the gentle rays to the light of day ever again. Dullahan. It was strangely fitting for a person such as they. It was a namesake that was widely-known around these parts. Not a soul spoke of it as if to repeat it was to bestow a malicious curse onto oneself.  Supposedly, it was a calling that derived from irish mythology. A headless horseman whose mount and rider is swathed with a darkness, and that they had been the herald of death. The conversations amidst the mundane staff members of the tower as well as the guardians themselves spoke of such a namesake as if it was taboo in nature. The hunter, however, saw this differently. How high was this other guardian sitting? Did they think of themselves as a god amongst men? It baffled the hunter as much as it irritated him. Such a namesake has been mainly a component of hushed talk throughout the tower and the last city. It came to the point were the majority of the guardian populace has at least heard of this dubbed name. Ridiculous. How utterly ridiculous and pitiful this guardian must be to think of themselves as higher than anyone else. What about the valiant deeds that he has done? What about the warlock that he has befriended ever since the beginning of his own career that was notable in his scholarly duties? Where was his title? A bitterness settles and melts on the tongue to the hunter. Never has he seen this 'dullahan'. The only mentioning of such a prestigious and clandestine was through the whispered words of rumors and tales that encircled the being. Were they even real? Did this guardian even exist? He has his doubts. It could have been a fable conjured on one dull evening that a guardian decided to pass around. It is what he has initially believed, until he had the randomized encounter with intercepting their pathway. It has been pure coincidence. The hunter that dons his light-weight yet formidable armor strides into a tavern that bustles with its evening activity. A warlock whose robes rustle for every lengthened stride he takes follows in his footsteps. The establishment was filled to the brim. The stools that are tucked closely to the bar have all been occupied. The tables that are nestled closely near the rustic brick walls and the expansive bow windows do not show any signs of departing any time soon. It seems as if fortune was not on their side. While the ever observing eyes of the hunter skims over the general vicinity for a possibility of a few spare seats that may become available within the next few minutes, the warlock believes for this effort to be fruitless. "Caine, we aren't going to find a place to sit down. Perhaps, we should find another tavern that-", the warlock begins to say as he glances briefly over his shoulder to the exit of the establishment. The stubborn hunter wasn't having it. "Lucas, over there. There is a table at the back with only one occupant. We can just grab a mug of beer from the bar and sit down there. The place is packed. Surely, they would not care.", Caine replies shortly after as he saunters over to the bar to place the order of two chilled glass mugs of beer from the tap, with the warlock following his partner reluctantly. When he passes the mentioned table with the sole occupant, a sense of dread knots in his gut. Something wasn't right.

xxA spare few seconds is spared to glance over to Caine as he converses to the bartender with the order of drinks for the two of them, before the warlock sends a subtle glance over to the sole occupant of the table near the dimly-lit corner of the tavern. They were a guardian much like themselves. The armor that was instantly recognized to be classified as a hunter's drapes over their body as if it was a second skin. An elegance and fluidity encompasses every movement that she has made whether it be to scroll through the hand held and touch screen data pad that was placed flat against the table or to gently grasp the chilled mug of a dark beer to press against her soft lips. She was exotic. Entirely different from the many guests to this tavern. The huntress sticks out like a sore thumb. Tresses of red that is parted and braided to the side, eyes that resembled the pale moonlight, and the build that more so resembled a titan rather than a hunter. Yet, there was something off about her. The warlock did not like this. Not even the slightest, but there was no convincing the hunter that accompanies him. Two chilled mugs are carried by the hunter, and he transfers over the other mug over to Lucas. "Caine, we can just stand next to the bar until there is an empty seat available. Five minutes or so, and there should be some spots available. It shouldn't-", Lucas reasonably explains to his companion, but the stubborn hunter shakes his head in disagreement. "Or, we can sit down right now and not have to stand at all.", Caine retorts as he idly makes his way over to the table. "Hey, sugar. Anybody sitting here? Place is packed.", Caine interrupts the silence that is casted over the huntress. A flicker of an irritance is evident upon her complexion, but she merely dismisses the ignorance to this poor fool. Instead, she openly invites the two guardians by waving her gloved hand towards the empty seats. Caine sits down immediately at one of the seats, but Lucas shows a reluctance in performing such an action. Something was wrong. God damn it. Why wasn't Caine listening to him? Can he not sense it? It is immediate that Caine scans over the armor set to the huntress almost as if gauging her and her capability. She was no rook. The stylization and the formidability of the armor proves it. It does not seem to be composed of the affordable material openly available for all of the hunters underneath the vanguard's lead. The material choice was not recognizable. Custom made perhaps? It piques his curiosity, which leads for Caine to inquire the huntress about this exclusive selection of armor. "Where did you get that? The armor? Never seen it before. Are you a smith?And the small emblem right there? Near the neckline? What is that?", Caine asks from out of the blue, but it does not garner the huntress's full attention. Only a morsel of attention is paid back to the huntress by answering these series of questions with a bland tone of voice as if it was more of a dull chore to do so. Her silver eyes do not lift from the illuminated screen of the tablet, as she speaks with an eloquence woven into her silken voice. Yet, such a beautiful thing does not conceal the fact that there was a biting coldness of a never-ending winter that raged at her core."Do I look like a smith to you?", the huntress responds as her patience is quickly waning. "It is tailored to my liking. I am not going to speak of its manufacturer. Why waste my time in something you will never be able to possess for the entirety of your life?", the huntress speaks soon after, which strikes a nerve in Caine.

xxWho in the fuck was she to talk down to him like that? Caine grinds his molars together to keep his short-temper in  check, even though he would love nothing more than to push in his own opinion. "Is there a problem?", Caine murmurs with a sprinkling of a bubbling anger reflective in his tone. "Doesn't need to be.", the huntress murmurs followed by an arch of the brow. He couldn't just sit here, and allow for this other guardian to openly downgrade him.The chilled mug is set down onto the table so that Caine is no longer of possession of it. His lips part as if to speak, only to hear the other half of the answers that she surprisingly has provided despite the ill mood she presented."The emblem represents the name used for reports. I go by this instead of utilizing my real name. It is the type of files that are off the record. You shouldn't be concerned of it, but since you are ever so curious, it is a dullahan.", the huntress murmurs with the touch screen tablet casted aside. It is then that the ice cold gaze meets his own. There is no warmth that radiates from those pools of silver. She is the dullahan? Seriously? Her? What was so special about her? She didn't look to be any better than anyone else. "You speak so highly of yourself, but you aren't any better than me.", Caine damned nearly snarls with the corner to his lip curling soon after. Yet, he is taken aback for a spare second or two when he hears her retort."I am. I am a whole lot better than you. The graves tell me so.", the huntress speaks almost cryptically in mannerism. It soon turns the once collective hunter over to not filter a single word that flows from off of his tongue."Caine, for the traveler's sake, let's head over to the bar. I think I see an open seat near the-", the warlock speaks in a hushed tone, but this is easily dismissed from the angered state of his companion."Speak straight. You itching for a fight? Why don't we take this outside?", Caine spits out while he leans a little forward to size up the huntress that sits directly across from him. It is then that the warlock manages to discern what exactly felt off about the huntress. By then, it was far too late to save the hunter from a sealed fate. He was beyond saving. A great darkness blooms. It is concealed by something that he could not decipher, but it is there. It is present for those few seconds that passed them by. Without warning, Caine slumps forward onto the table with one of his trembling arms knocking over the glass mug that is sent to shatter against the hard flooring of the tavern. His body twitches and convulses with eyes growing wide like saucers. It sends Lucas into a panic. What the hell was going on? The warlock is swift to set aside the mug with his hands gently planting on his friend to prevent himself from injuring himself. It is then that he hears the huntress speak once more."A fight? Honey, you and your friend would just be a warm-up. If you ever do come across someone with a morsel of a fighting spirit, then please do send them my way. I always love a good challenge.", the huntress speaks cooly despite the rapidly declining state of Caine. A few seconds later, he is relinquished from such a state with his body trembling akin to a leaf and a fear that dances in his wide eyes. "Y-Yor...", the warlock breathes lowly as his head shakes in disbelief. "The vanguard...they will catch onto you....don't stray from the pathway of the light. You know what they do to those that fall past the grey.", Lucas adds soon after, being the reasonable of the trio, as he assists the hunter to stand from his seat."Why would I ever do that? I have never felt more alive." , the huntress cooes softly which sends shivers crawling down the spine of the warlock. "Come on, Caine. This way.", Lucas speaks lowly to his ally as he ushers the hunter from out of the tavern. Neither one of them does not spare a glance to the huntress. The occupants of the tavern hardly notice such an event unfold. For those that did catch a glimpse, they pretend as if they had not seen a single second of it with the underlying fear of being involved. That was the 'dullahan' and the every word that she lived up to be.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴀғғʟᴀᴛᴜs ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ

Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:01 pm

. Image
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    mentions;; eleanor, luther | tags;; blood, death, violence | word count;; 1,021

Numb. That was all he felt, standing in the debris of what had once been a home filled with joy. Much like the fires dancing eerily in the corners of his vision, her elegant locks were glowing as she turned to look at him. Her lips curved up, revealing a flawless smile, a deep redness staining her grin. He couldn't move, couldn't turn away as the cold sank into his limbs, wrapping its fingers around his bones. Even in the presence of what could have made ancient warriors scream and curse, all he could do was look at her; death came to him in the form of a redhead with mesmerising green eyes. And it took him everything not to close his eyes and surrender everything to her firm yet gentle hands. Her touch was like a butterfly, soft.

"Forgive me, child," her voice reminded of a lullaby. Their gazes met and he fell, disappearing into those pools of green, failing to see the predatory grin on her lips. The droplets of blood were dark red on her lips, catching his eyes for a moment until an impatient scoff caused him to look up. "I need you and they could never understand this primal desire of mine. Sometimes, you must leave something beyond in order to be rewarded."

He didn't speak. Without intending to, his arms slowly rose to land on her shoulders, barely noticing the coldness of her skin. The two leaned on each other, surrounded by the limp, motionless bodies of those he had once known as his family. It took him a moment to notice her skin and clothes were soaked with blood, the redness not catching his eyes until he noticed specks of the crimson liquid soak into his own attire. His mind didn't register the pain coming from his bruised, cold limbs as the woman kept gazing into his blue eyes, caressing his neck. She was dangerous; he knew.

"What is your name?" She asked, sinking her elegant fingers into his dark brown locks, tugging softly. The youth didn't answer, leaning away from her touch but not resisting. She could tell that his mind was growing hazy, his eyes barely seeing the greenery inside her gaze morphing into an ocean of blood and fire. Perhaps if he had paid more attention, he would have noticed her pale skin and red eyes. "I am Eleanor. And you are mine."

"... Luther," his voice reminded him of a stranger, barely resembling anything human. It was sore and quiet, reminding of a man who had just woken up from a long slumber. Instead of laughing, she just smiled, leaning closer to drag her fingernail across his jawline. As her nails retreated from his skin, her spell fell and the man looked around, recognising the feral spark inside of her eyes. Even if her grasp over his mind was faltering, he was dragged into her web of lies, taking a step towards her as she pulled away. Ignoring everything, not caring about anything, he followed. "Please."

She laughed and her voice resembled a nightingale. But to his eyes, she was a lioness, waiting for the moment to leap at his throat, tear everything he could remember and stuff him with her vices. Gesturing to the leftover rubble of what had once been a home filled with joy, she waited as his mind registered the dire situation of his future, not letting her grasp of his mind flutter away completely. As the mangled corpses of his relatives began to stand out in the debris, she heard him choke out a grunt. Even if he didn't want to comply with her orders, there was nothing left for him to chase after. Humming softly at the man's hesitance, Eleanor moved closer once again, securing his chin with her fingers. They didn't have lots of time.

"You will thank me for it one day," her grip turned painful, sharp fingernails digging into his skin and piercing it, watching as fresh blood trickled down her fingers. Pulling his head back to expose the man's neck, she dove forward, parting her lips and pushing them against his throat with an impatient growl. There was no resistance; just silent acceptance as he stood, hot tears sliding down his cheeks, a sign of mourning for everything he had lost. A sign that he had given up before trying to do something about his miserable fate. A sign that he didn't care. "Poor boy. I will keep you safe."

As her teeth sunk into his throat, piercing the skin easily, he yelled. There was no pain in his voice, just a sense of betrayal and fear. A sense of loss and confusion, quickly followed by determination. She purred quietly, her pupils widening as his blood trickled down her throat, filling her insides with the strength of another's life. She lived for moments like these, where someone would give themselves up without anything, bowing their heads to her charm and strength. Her grip was possessive, holding the man in place and drinking until he couldn't stand. Despite her hopeful promises, the redhead shoved him away as soon as his body became nothing more but a nearly-empty bag, slumping in the debris. To her, he was useless, lacking what she yearned for. With a smirk and a chuckle, the red-haired beauty was gone, stealing a part of his soul with her. He couldn't follow after her.

The sun didn't rise for him that morning. It never did. Instead of the warm rays of what he had once loved, he was greeted by the pale silver of the moon, looking at it with eyes that saw more than he wanted to. With a body that he failed to control and with a soul thirsty for answers and revenge, he walked under the moon, searching for ways to get back to his place under the sun. But the sun's warm rays had never risen to greet him again. It was an enemy, silently lurking behind every corner, yearning to burn him until he turned into ashes, disappearing into the soil. The night had come.
important
Brown Belt

afflatus prompt -- the sun did not rise this morning

Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:49 pm

the sun did not
rise this morning

shiro, daichi, hayden, daire
tw: gore, death, cursing
honestly this won't mean any
thing to anyone but me, but i
wrote it for me so there's that
words: 758

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
He didn’t look the same, but gods be damned it if she didn’t recognise those eyes. They were a little different, however. Not as bright as they once were. They were hardly even blue-- more white and grey than anything. But she could still tell that it was him. It was in the face. Still didn’t look the same, and it tore at her-- at her heart and at her mind, telling her that no, it wasn’t him, but, but -- still. Hayden.

Her hand flew to her mouth as he slowly approached her, his steps and footfalls almost… tentative. She didn’t pull her sword. Didn’t run off. No, she just stood there, watching him as he moved closer and closer. If he recognised her… She couldn’t tell. He didn’t act it. “Hayden.” He said nothing in response-- didn’t even slow down, no. Shiro moved her arm a bit, causing Hayden to twitch in response, his eyes narrowing in on her arm.

This was it. What she’d been waiting for, this whole fucking time. And life just had to throw her the hardest fucking curve ball of all -- letting her live whilst killing the rest of the world around her. Her eyes, they narrowed as he picked up his pace, starting to come after her. Until, finally, he was running. The force that slammed into her body sent her backwards, her fingers curling into her palms, nails digging into the flesh of her hands. Please.

His teeth sunk into her neck, causing her back to arch, a pained groan falling from her lips as she felt the flesh tear away from her body. And it was nice. Knowing that from here, she had nothing. Absolutely nothing but the darkness that threatened her. She felt herself, felt herself slipping, slowly, slowly into that night. Couldn’t see the stars, but she could feel them. And Daire was there. Hayden, he was here too. But Hayden-Hayden. Not dead Hayden. Not this Hayden. Blue eyes Hayden, tan skin Hayden. Daire looked peaceful. Content. And with that thought bearing last in her mind, she let go. Dismissed.

Daichi could only stare. Shiro hadn’t even bothered to fight back against the body as it had shoved into her, sinking claws and teeth into flesh and snapping bones. His sister? Gone. Everything. Gone. Khitam was gone. This morning, and every morning hereafter, the sun would never rise again. He was the only one left to bear witness to the carnage that his own flesh and blood had released upon the innocent beings of the world. Before the creature had a chance to stumble towards Daichi, he quickly shoved an entire round of bullets into its body, the thing finally dropping to the ground below.

If it had been hell for Shiro, then it would only prove to be so much worse for Daichi. The weight of the world on his shoulders. Nothing left to give, nothing left to take. But he was sure there were others out there. Good people -- waiting. Sitting through the shit and just waiting, waiting for their angel, waiting for their god, or waiting for death. Either way, they were waiting. Daichi had nothing left to wait on. To wait for. So he was determined to find that. Determined to find something to give to. To wait on. To want, to need, to help. Help. Pick up on the good that his sister had done. Because she wasn’t a bad person. She helped Daire. Hayden. Daichi. In the end, she helped Caderyn come to terms with his own fate. In a way, she acted as a harbinger. But she was an angel no less. No saint. But she was a god. She created fate, and she twisted the yarns of it for the people that she surrounded herself with. For some, the better. For others, the worse. But regardless, she served as that figure. And if Daichi would be condemned to live in her shadow, then he’d be fine with that. Because though there was no light here, at least he knew deep in his heart that his sister had left something. And that something, Daichi -- he would pick up on it, and he would do justice by it.

He walked over to where his sister’s body was, bending down and picking up her sword. Shinigami. No. Hated the name. Reaper, that was what she had named it. Its new name? Otoko no ma no megami. Goddess among men. Because, after all, that’s what she was, wasn’t it?