AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty-One

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!
gold
Green Belt
House: Vipera

ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ

Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:05 pm

Image -
ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴘʀᴏᴠᴇ
ɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ
ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʟᴏsᴇ
            • What is your Myers–Briggs personality type? Do you feel it does you justice? I'm an INFP-T, or the Mediator, and I think it suits me pretty well. I really am a painfully idealistic person who sees the good in people (even if I act like I hate everyone around me), I'm open-minded, I have the live-and-let-live attitude and I, like many of us other INFPs, found myself here, because writing is usually a huge thing for us. So yeah, I'd say it fits.
              Is there a song that you can relate to as the years pass? Why so? Bold of you to assume I keep track of the stuff I listen lmao. Let's see, Fall Out Boy's been a constant - ''Centuries'' for the most part tbh, I always somehow go back to it - and I guess Three Day's Grace too? Pick any of their older songs and it'll probably be one I can relate to.
              Do you have any odd quirks that are more funny than repulsive? I've been told my little happy dances are funny and cute. And I guess my need to put snarky comments on everything - diary entries, drafts, notebooks, you name it - can be seen as a pretty funny quirk too?
              What is something that people always say to you but you don't believe? I guess the good old ''it gets better'' thing just... sounds unbelievably fake, but okay. I mean, I know it does, it has to eventually, but it's so tiring to keep hearing it when nothing seems to be getting better no matter how hard I try. Sure, it gets better, but I want things to be better now. I want to feel like i moved forward instead of having dug a few feet deeper.
              Is there a particular setting/trope that you absolutely love writing? I'm a sucker for fake names/identities and I love writing polar opposites, and I secretly adore the hanahaki trope (because?? the angst??? the drama?? fuck yeah). As for a setting, the DA or TES setting always felt like home, and I recently got into DBH and loved it, so I'll put it here too.
              If you were to be an animal which would it be? A cat, most likely. I'm a pretty solitary person and I rarely mind being alone, and I enjoy spending my time with a few specific people rather than be surrounded by a crowd.
              If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you chose? There's a whole list tbh, but to keep it short; Paris (because how could I not,), Rio de Janeiro (the carnival there is something I definitely want to see at least once in my life), and Tokyo (the cat caffes, man, I gotta).
              Do you take influence from the world around you? All the time. My break up fueled an entire series of short stories about me and my friends from the pov of one of my best friends, half of my characters are based on at least some parts of the people I know, and I'm pretty sensitive to the feelings of the people I really care about. It tends to put me in a bad mood if they're in the same boat, but I'm slowly learning how to kinda... keep myself safe from that.
              What’s your proudest writing achievement? I had a few poems published in various school newspapers and a story based on one of those poems got an honorable mention in a literary competition. I've also written quite a few newspaper reports too, but I was never really that proud of them, even if I did write them pretty well.
              Do you sometimes resurrect old characters? I tend to repurpose them rather than resurrect them because I usually only like parts of them and it's just more fun to chop them up and use their parts somewhere else than try to bring them back.
              When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up? I... honestly can't remember. Probably something pretty girly, like a runway model or something.
              What are some hobbies you enjoy doing? Other than writing, I enjoy playing video games and dm-ing for my nerdy group of friends. There's also acting, which I unfortunately had to drop because depression is a bitch, but if I had a chance to go back to it, I definitely would.
              What is one thing you recommend someone doing at least once in their life? Traveling as far away from their home country as possible. Our world is overflowing with different cultures that are all wonderful and exciting in their own way, and I think it would be a shame if we only looked at everything through only the perspective we grew up with.
              What is a piece of advice you would give to another from your own experience? Doing the little things is okay. Just, half-assing things is better than no-assing them. Brushing your hair and splashing some water in your face instead of showering is still better than nothing, dragging your ass out of bed and existing is still better than staying in bed all day, stuff like that. Also, life's not a race, do things your own pace and you'll be fine.
              What is your family background? It's pretty average tbh? Middle-class, white as fuck, all from this one god-forsaken country because none of them thought it would be good to flee from this hellhole. Not particularly religious, but we all kinda just went with the whole ''here, be a part of our church'' thing so we're all catholics on paper. My entire family worked as everything tbh - cooks, accountants, electricians, whatever - because none of them every really specialized in anything? I mean, only a few people in my family ever went to college and got a degree for something (lowkey glad I'll be one of those few college snobs soon) so you know. Kinda quirky, but pretty average.
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt

Character Interview #1

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:15 am

1. What is the meaning of your character's name(s)? Do you think it fits them?
"According to Google, my name means healing. In Greek mythology, I am apparently the leader of a group of warrior heroes called the Argonauts. I'm sure Darren enjoys that."

2. What is their philosophy of life? Was it influenced by their past?
"I just want to have a happy life and make sure that those around me do to. I want my brother in law to find someone to settle down with, I want the adoptive sister of our group to find someone, I want Gavin to be happy. But most importantly I want to make sure they are all safe. I suppose I'm just influenced by the fact that I grew up with the gang, and I saw a lot of people that didn't get happy lives. I just want everyone to have a good life."

3. What is your characters worst memory of their childhood? Why?
"I don't think anything I had was necessarily bad. Most people might consider my growing up to be different as I was around drugs, guns, and everything like that. I don't really remember a horrible memory off the top of my head."

4. Is your character more of a submissive or dominant person in bed?
"Dominant. Only because it's normally me the one that is on top of Darren. But I enjoy to be beneath him too."

5. What is your character's trait that you personally relate to the most?
"Who the heck are you talking to? It's just me here..."
To be honest it's probably just how damn adorable he is XD

6. If your character had to sacrifice one friend, which friend would they sacrifice?
"Uh, wait you want me to pick someone? Because honestly I don't know if I could willingly sacrifice someone knowing that they wouldn't come back. UNLESS we are talking about sacrificing them to one of Sam's drinking games, then let's send Matt. Cause he is hilarious when drunk."

7. If your character had to protect one friend forever, which friend would they choose?
"Darren. Although since he is my husband and perhaps you don't count him or perhaps you won't count Matt because he is my brother in law, I would have to choose Sammy."

8. What do/did they want to be when grown up?
"I was always pretty much a bodyguard. I'm fine with my job."

9. Is there anyone in your life that gave you the inspiration / foundation for the character?
"Again who are you talking to? My parents just named me because they needed a name. Nothing specific went into it."
I don't personally think so. He kind of just...happened.

10. What aspect of your character do you wish was true for yourself?
"Okay I'm pretty sure you are seeing something if you are going to keep asking these questions."
I think this just kind of falls back to his trait of being so adorable

11. What is typically the last thing on your character’s mind as they fall asleep?
"Pretty much always Darren."

12. In what living situation / location would your character most like to live?
"I'm perfectly happy where Darren and I have chosen to settle down. We are close to Matt's place, we are close to everyone. Granted I would like the idea of not having someone trying to kill us, but I suppose we will work on that."

13. What form of note-taking does your character prefer, such as pen, pencil, typing?
"Uh....I don't really take notes. I just do mental ones because if you write things down and then lose them, your enemy could get a hand on them."

14. What is one memory they never want to forget?
"The day I proposed to Darren. I never want to forget that."

15. What is one memory they’d do anything to forget?
"Maybe just how many friends we have all lost."
xxxx
Imagex News: Deer is still amazing!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [X][∞]
Momo [X] Phoenix [X]
Snow [X] Gamora []
Avenoir [X] Golden []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt

Character Interview #2

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:35 am

"Apparently my name means noble and courageous. I'm named after the famous King Arthur and his round table of knights. And yeah, I'm pretty damn courageous."

"Just keep moving forward. You are going to lose people but you need to let them shape your future for a positive way. I've spent years in the army, I've lost buddies of mine. People I looked up to. But I used them as a way to shape my future."

"I had a really good childhood. My father is also ex-army and currently works as a cop. My mother is a nurse at the local hospital back home. I suppose the worst memory was getting grounded because I decided to sneak out one night."

"Pretty sure I'm more dominant, although I've not had much practice or anything. But I do love cuddles."

"What traits do you want to know about me so you can compare yourself to me? I've been told I'm pretty cocky, but I just like to have a good time. I'm hard working, love danger, and I enjoy my jobs."
Art is very hard working and I feel like that is completely me.

6. If your character had to sacrifice one friend, which friend would they sacrifice?
"Sacrifice friends? No thanks. I've already done that enough."

7. If your character had to protect one friend forever, which friend would they choose?
"I can't protect him any more. There was this guy, Kieran was his name. I looked up to him and we served together. But then he was just....gone. I was told it was a roadside bomb or something like that. If he was still here, I would want to do everything I could to protect him. But as of right now, I still keep in contact with my other army buddies. They are a special group."

"I always wanted to follow in my father's footsteps and I did. I retired from the army at a pretty young age, but now I work as a detective within Los Angeles."

9. Is there anyone in your life that gave you the inspiration / foundation for the character?
"My parents like to claim they did name me after King Arthur. So you should probably bow down to me."
Nah I just needed a really cocky but gay dude for an eventual coupling of a pair in my roleplay with Deer XD

"Hey eyes over here and keep going with the interview please."
Probably how cocky he is. He gets things done and doesn't take no for an answer.

11. What is typically the last thing on your character’s mind as they fall asleep?
"Probably wondering about what Sammy needs me to look into the next day, or making sure that things are running smoothly for Xavier on the legal side of things."

"Now while I would prefer to be closer to my parents, I enjoy Los Angeles. I have a little house on a quiet side of town so I enjoy it. I live close to a park too, so I have a nice place to walk and clear my head. Maybe I should get a dog."

13. What form of note-taking does your character prefer, such as pen, pencil, typing?
"Pen or pencil preferably. I have a habit where I like to chew on the end of it."

"Honestly I never want to forget growing up and just the fun my parents and I got into. Playing football in the yard with my dad, my mother pretending to be a cheerleader on the side. It was a great time."

"Losing my best army buddy."
xxxx
Imagex News: Deer is still amazing!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [X][∞]
Momo [X] Phoenix [X]
Snow [X] Gamora []
Avenoir [X] Golden []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hyena
Brown Belt
House: Sagacitas

member interview

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:30 am

• 1. What is your Myers–Briggs personality type? Do you feel it does you justice?
      I am an ISTJ, or the logistician. I feel that in theory, this captures aspects of who I am-- I am incredibly conscientious and careful, very fact-minded, have a need for planning and for the truth. However, the Myers-Briggs test as a whole is a test not supported by the field of psychology. I won't go into it because a) I don't think anyone cares and b) I know people who have taken great comfort in the idea, and people have every right to enjoy and find value in the test! It just isn't something I put much of my credence in.

2. Is there a song that you can relate to as the years pass? Why so?
      Oh, so many, so so many. I feel like I've grown a lot over the past few years and changed how different lyrics resonated with me. I've come to understand myself, my sexuality, my anxiety, and my own self-worth; something I didn't have for many years when I was younger. One example is You Only Get What You Give by New Radicals. When I heard it when I was younger I didn't really understand the lyrics, I thought it was about being fair, that kind of thing. Recently I've taken it to mean something more-- that it's okay to embrace yourself and be true to yourself, and that in the end, you do only get what you give. You're not going to get back more than what you put the effort into. I am someone who puts way too much effort into things; so to me that has double meaning: not only reminding me that the effort I put in may not pay off in the way I expect it to, but also that I don't need to give to other people more than they give to me. I don't need to spend my life being quiet and invisible, trying to make everyone else happy at the expense of myself. I am allowed to be loud and to choose the people who see the world on equal grounds.
      And, on a funnier note because I love this question; as a child I heard the song I'm Gay by Bowling for Soup and I just sort of liked the song, not because of the gay part of the song, more for reasons I didn't understand; I didn't really have any suspicion that I might not be straight. Over the years I have fully embraced that yes, I am gay, and that song was like a message from the past.

3. Do you have any odd quirks that are more funny than repulsive?
      I have a fear of walking underneath heavy objects so if you want to see a grown ass woman cover her head and dash underneath some heavy chandelier and some shit, that's me; and I promise it is very funny.

4. What is something that people always say to you but you don't believe?
      That I am beautiful. I don't mean to sound like a Debbie Downer but I am just not attractive in any way, and while I appreciate the sentiment, I'll never be convinced of it. I fully support body positivity and am able to be somewhat positive about my own appearance, but like, 'beautiful' does not apply to me.

5. Is there a particular setting/trope that you absolutely love writing?
      I always love medieval stuff! I'm a sucker for medieval writing and plotlines.

6. If you were to be an animal which would it be?
      Saber toothed cat. Why? I don't entirely know, but it definitely seems right.

7. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you chose?
      This is going to sound like the nerdiest shit but I have connections to some biologists doing work in a specific reserve in Kenya and I'd love to go and work with them! Both research and a safari? Yes please.

8. Do you take influence from the world around you?
      I try to. I try to note the things in the world around me that catch my attention most, as well as the way dynamic of the world around me, and bring that into my writing and my ideas. The world is so beautiful and so complex, and I love drawing from my observations.

9. What’s your proudest writing achievement?
      The one that sticks in the mind the most was a group writing assignment I did with my best friend in high school. We basically had to take a bare-bones story outline we were given by the teacher and make a whole story out of it and honestly? It's so beautiful. It's about a man and his pet chicken and, as stupid as it is, it is beautiful in every way. Plus writing it was so much fun; I have such good memories from that one assignment.

10. Do you sometimes resurrect old characters?
      Not really. I sometimes reuse face claims, but that's about it. I prefer to come up with new ideas and conflicts for my characters to overcome instead of reusing old ones.

11. When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
      I went through a phase in high school where I thought I wanted to be a doctor, but my earliest and most persistent beliefs were that I wanted to work with animals. That's carried to my college career-- now I know I want to study animal behavior and conservation. Animals are amazing.

12. What are some hobbies you enjoy doing?
      Digital art, singing along to my music, playing saxophone, binge watching the same shows over and over again, writing, and, when the weather warms up, insect collecting.

13. What is one thing you recommend someone doing at least once in their life?
      Honestly, I don't really know; I feel that that is very personal. One thing everyone should do at least once is really jump into something that they didn't think was necessarily going to work out because either it does work out and that's awesome, or you learn something from it.

14. What is a piece of advice you would give to another from your own experience?
      Don't be quiet. Don't be so conscientious to the point of being silent. You have a voice and you have a right to be yourself, and to be loved for who you are instead of who you wish you were.

15. What is your family background?

My family background is fairly unexciting. Parents are together and successful, one younger brother who is honestly kind of an ass but I'm hoping he'll grow out of it. We've had our ups and downs, struggled, come together and pushed each other away. My mother and I are pretty close, though we weren't always; there was a time in middle school and high school that in hindsight was not okay, but it is in the past. My dad and I have very similar personalities; think the super achievement-oriented judgmental pricks you avoid at all costs and you've pretty much got it. We don't always get along great but we make it. My brother talks to me maybe once a month despite the fact that I talk to my mom multiple times a week and he's often in the room, but that's just who he is. I've only got living grandparents on my dad's side; my maternal grandfather passed away when I was very young, and my maternal grandmother passed away while I was in high school. My paternal grandma is one of the strongest people I know. I don't have much in the way of extended family, though I have grown closer to my mother's brother and my aunt while in college as I stay with them over shorter breaks. They're religious nutcases and climate change and evolution deniers, so they have their own challenges, but they're incredibly kind and supportive people and I'm lucky to have them in my life even if I don't always agree with them. That was all a very long way to say that my family is fairly bland and normal and my life is unexciting in just about every way.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.
House: Halcyon

AS Afflatus 21 Character Interview 2

Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:21 am

Jessika (English Rose 1x1)

Jessika is a variation of Jessica. Jessica in Hebrew means Rich, God Beholds. I think it fits her.

Be kind to others, find what you love and do it, live every day like it’s your last. Not really? Maybe partly influenced by parents.

Her brother’s disappearance...I feel it’s pretty self-explanatory.

Submissive, definitely.

How she can be shy, and her anxiety...

absolutely not...so, herself probably.

hmm....Elizabeth. The boys can protect themselves (and each other).

Any job with animals.

Pfft, myself...kind of.

Her bravery, which she does have.

Crap, still can’t figure this out.

She’s fine where she is.

All of them.

Becoming Elizabeth’s lover. Or meeting Itari and Anubis.

Probably when her brother went missing, but that’d be like she’s trying to forget him...
Gamora.
Black Belt

Member Interview

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:42 pm

• 1. What is your Myers–Briggs personality type? Do you feel it does you justice?
      ISFJ-T. Defender.It's pretty damn accurate honestly, except for a few things such as being receptive to change, because I hate change. But overall it's pretty accurate.I have lots of feelings haha. I had to do a whole project on this during college and I wish I remembered my result because I had to take the test again. I wish I remembered what my old one was because then I could compare.
      Pretty much every song I listen to has some sort of meaning to me that I can relate to. I don't often listen to songs that don't make me feel anything. I guess right now the ones I can relate to the most are Together From Afar by Jonsi and Already Gone by Sleeping at Last. And many others to be honest.
      Apparently I make the same facial expressions as my Dad and I don't even notice it. I also pronounce certain things super incorrectly which people find quite amusing; pillow, milk, bagel. And people tend to find it hilarious that I'm so emotional over fictional characters. Very emotional.
      I'm not very receptive to compliments at all, especially when people say I'm worthy of love and happiness, because I just don't believe it. I also really hate it when people keep telling me "its going to be okay" regarding my riding situation. It's not. I have no more options to fix my issues and have been diagnosed with a severe allergy to horses on top of it. So no, it's not really going to be okay.
      Apart from fandoms, I really like sci-fi kind of things. Like werewolves, post-apocalyptic, etc. And anything sinful tbh lol.
      A cat probably. Though being a horse would be cool as well.
      Australia. It's been on my bucket list for...as long as I can remember honestly. I want to travel there with my Dad some day because he wants to go there too. I'd also just really like to visit my family and friends around the world; my family in Cape Breton, Ontario, and Virginia. My friends in BC, Windsor, and then Indiana to see my bff Kyra. I'd also love to go back to California and the Bahamas.
      I think everyone does, but I find the world is just so beautiful and has a lot to teach us.
      Probably my Starmora roleplay. Best roleplay in existence hands down. But also the Group RP I did when I was on staff a year or so ago. That was such a good group and a good story and even though we didn't win, it was the most fun I've had writing in a group roleplay.
      Not often no. And if I do they weren't fleshed out to begin with, so I kinda just restart with them. I have one character that will stick around forever though.
      A vet. I also wanted to be a receptionist like my Nanny for a brief period of time and ayy I guess that stuck deep down xD
      Writing, video editing, binge watching TV shows, watching musicals, just hanging with my friends and family.
      I don't really have an answer for this, but just do something that makes you really happy I guess.
      14. What is a piece of advice you would give to another from your own experience?
      Get bitter or get better, it's your choice whether you want to hold a grudge for the rest of your life or grow-up and move on. That, and it's okay to look after yourself first.
      I have no siblings by blood, just my Mom, Dad, and myself. My parents are great people and I am so thankful to have them in my life. I love them dearly and they'll do anything for me, especially my Dad. I have a lot of cousins on my mom's side that are more like siblings than anything, especially the select few who I've looked up to my entire life and still do today. My neighbors are also like my second family and I call the "kids" my sisters and brothers. Their kids are my nephews and nieces. My best friend's family are also like another family. My Nannie and Poppie on my mother's side are sweet little beans, but live far away. My Nanny, who was my best friend, passed away a few years ago on my dad's side. My Grampy lives in my city and we see him every week, and his girlfriend. My pets are like my children, Prince and 'Mora, then Prince (yes another one) and Drax at my parents place. I just really love my family so much honestly. My direct and extended. Family is everything to me.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ #1

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:53 pm

xxxImage
xxxImage
          • What is the meaning of your character's name(s)? Do you think it fits them?
            xxxHis first name means 'from Hadria' and is of French origin, even though the location itself comes from a town in the Veneto region found in Northern Italy. While Adrien was born and raised in France, his mother's side of their family has Italian origins and was living mostly in an Etruscan city known as Adria, commonly spelt as 'Hadria', which is a nice reference towards his heritage. In turn, his surname means 'of the cross' and while unintentionally, it's a reference to their family's beliefs and traditions as devoted Christians and overall nice people.

What is their philosophy of life? Was it influenced by their past?
            xxxAdrien strongly believes that he should forgive the events which left him in pain but never forget what they had taught him. He isn't the person to hold grudges against other people and wants to be left in peace. He sees life as a gift and doesn't want to waste his time getting into arguments or plotting revenge against those who harm him. Adrien is a mature, calm individual, who prefers to turn the other cheek towards violent people and replies to most of the issues in his life with kindness and patience. He only wishes to be treated in the same way as he treats others and to be left in solitude where he can focus on what matters to him; keeping people safe.

What is your characters worst memory of their childhood? Why?
            xxxThe accident when his younger sister, Pauline, was attacked by a stray dog and Adrien couldn't get the animal off before it seriously injured her. While she was alright in the end, the girl was left with quite a few scars on her arms which constantly serve as a reminder to Adrien that he must do everything he can to protect others. It was the main reason why he ended up going into law enforcement and even though it's not a happy memory, it keeps him focused on his goals and doesn't let the man stray from the destiny he's chosen as a guardian.

Is your character more of a submissive or dominant person in bed?
            xxxHe's alright with taking either role; it mostly depends on the person he's currently dating. Adrien is a gentle soul and doesn't like making others feel stressed. If his partner is dominant or has a meaner character, he'll gladly take the submissive role. But if his lover is on timid, he doesn't shy away from pampering and taking care of them. Even if he's not the most extroverted of people, Adrien generally prefers to take the lead in such encounters.

What is your character's trait that you personally relate to the most?
            xxxAdrien has a very strong moral compass. It's easy for him to follow his own beliefs and never stray away from what he thinks is right. It's nearly impossible for him to turn a blind eye on the law and do as he wants, even if a lot of people try to bribe him to do exactly that. Adrien never strays away from his goals and looks ahead, believing that what he's trying to achieve is the right way of doing things. Even if he's left alone in his way of thinking, Adrien would much rather be defeated in court instead of changing his mind because of some circumstances.

If your character had to sacrifice one friend, which friend would they sacrifice?
            xxxHe's not the person to willingly betray his friends. Adrien is close to the few people that accept him completely and would eagerly sacrifice his own life if it meant sparing theirs. He's prone to keeping the needs of others ahead of his own which means there's a bigger chance of Adrien putting himself in danger if that means keeping others safe from harm. In general, Adrien isn't the one to use people for his own selfish and materialistic gains.

If your character had to protect one friend forever, which friend would they choose?
            xxxHe's a guardian to most, be it an old friend of his or someone Adrien has just met and feels compelled to keep an eye on their welfare or safety. But if he was forced to keep only one person safe, he would immediately choose his younger sister, Pauline. Adrien still feels responsible for the scars she was forced to bear and wants nothing but for her to be happy and have a carefree life. Using his own time just feels like something he should do.

What do/did they want to be when grown up?
            xxxHe has always wanted to do something good for the people and watch over them; it didn't matter to him what the actual profession would be. Adrien just wanted to help and make sure everyone was happy and content with a decent part of their lives. And while becoming a part of law enforcement hadn't appeared inside of his mind as an actual idea until he was a teenager, he used to imagine himself as a firefighter or veterinarian. A person, who had the ability to use their skills to help others and not use them for their own gain. Adrien wanted to be useful.

Is there anyone in your life that gave you the inspiration/foundation for the character?
            xxxI guess that for this particular character, it would be my dad. While it often seems that he's in the force out of habit or just because it pays well, he really cares for the welfare of the people. I wanted to model and keep him in my own memory as a character, thus, Adrien was born as a lawyer in a somewhat different field, but still a person, fighting for justice and its common interest. This beautiful man was inspired by our traditions and beliefs.

What aspect of your character do you wish was true for yourself?
            xxxHis patience. While I don't go insane if I have to wait for a little, it's usually obvious that I'm upset. Adrien does not show his annoyance on his face and is always helpful and kind to everyone he meets, no matter how rude and unsightly his clients are. His toleration for cruelty and unfairness is beyond measure and I definitely lack that as a person. His logic and preparation for the inevitable are also traits that I'd like to have as my own one day.

What is typically the last thing on your character’s mind as they fall asleep?
            xxxIt might be the cases he has solved throughout the day, always moving forward without looking back too many times. Adrien usually falls asleep quickly, coming home tired from his long days inside of the office and doesn't think much before drifting away. But even if he's relaxing, his mind is always buzzing with things that are related to his work, never moving on to happier issues. It's just the way that his thoughts are built and that is alright.

In what living situation/location would your character most like to live?
            xxxEven if he's undeniably close to his family, Adrien would like to stay on his own in a small and tidy flat. He truly doesn't want to live somewhere else than in the state of Pennsylvania and likes to keep his space as private as he can, rarely ever inviting other people inside for too long. While Adrien does get homesick from time to time, he only visits France on a few occasions and likes to keep his work separate from his home because it's nicer.

What form of note-taking does your character prefer, such as pen, pencil, typing?
            xxxPen. He's still a bit old-fashioned and doesn't like to type out everything on his phone or computer. Even if he's waiting outside and has a good idea, he'll pull out a scrap of paper to write down whatever made him feel inspired instead of keeping it on his phone, unless he's in a rush to get somewhere and can't write peacefully.

What is one memory they never want to forget?
            xxxThe day when he left France and travelled across the ocean to begin a new life inside of the States. It's a rather bittersweet memory for him as it does hold a bit of sadness for leaving his home, but it also marks the day when Adrien could finally begin helping others feel comfortable, even if it took him a bit to get settled in an environment, that was completely foreign to him. Adrien wants to remember the feeling of getting into a plane and waving to his family as they watched him leave, disappearing into the skies and landing hours later in a place, that he would come to know as his home. It seems like nothing at the moment, but it holds a lot of meaning to him.

What is one memory they’d do anything to forget?
            xxxThe memory of his sister being attacked by a dog. Even though it often makes him feel guilty and determined to keep her safe, Adrien wants nothing more than to keep the feelings towards his sister but forget everything of the unfortunate attack. It's not overly uncommon for him to stay awake hours after the memories of his bleeding, unconscious sibling enter his mind and keep Adrien twisting and turning as he suffers from panic attacks and the visions of what could have happened if not for their mother's quick reaction. Adrien just wants to forget it.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ #2

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:55 pm

xxxImage xxxImage
          • What is the meaning of your character's name(s)? Do you think it fits them?
            xxxAt first, Luisa's name didn't fit her all that well. Her forename means 'famous warrior' in Italian; because of her rather timid and introverted character, she wasn't anything like a brave and courageous fighter in her childhood. But given how Luisa has continued to battle with her inner demons, never giving up, the name has grown on her over the years. Unlike her surname, which means 'bullock', her forename expresses her strengths as well as her determination while her surname is meant to reflect on Luisa's positions as simple cattle for others to bully.

What is their philosophy of life? Was it influenced by their past?
            xxxLuisa believes that everything in life has a reason. No matter how cruel or merciless people can be to her, she rarely ever holds it against them. She is patient, honest and kind, often unable of lying to other people in hopes of being treated as a normal human being. Luisa often follows the philosophy that less is more and is rather often seen hiding her true feelings and emotions from other people. While abused by her somewhat trusting nature and forced into uncomfortable situations, she is keen on thinking that kindness can change the world. Every good deed will bring her a good future and that is the main reason why she refuses to be cruel to her abusers.

What is your characters worst memory of their childhood? Why?
            xxxGrowing up in an orphanage, a big part of her childhood was unhappy and full of cruelty. Luisa often suffered from lack of nutrition, eventually nurturing an eating disorder inside of her, which had led to even adults bullying her for 'being picky'. Though, the worst memory she has of the orphanage is when a boy she had thought was her friend beat her violently, revealing he had used her as laughing stock. It was the event that changed her mindset about trusting people and while Luisa tries to see kindness in others, that experience almost always forces her to remain cautious. It made her constantly flinch whenever someone else touches her unexpectedly or roughly.

Is your character more of a submissive or dominant person in bed?
            xxxDefinitely submissive. Even though she is protective of her beliefs and opinion, Luisa is too self-conscious to take any initiative in bed. She hates seeing her own body and would do anything in order to keep it covered during moments of intimacy, even if it means completely giving herself up to the other person. There's a high chance she would become more dominant once her feeling of self-worth grows a little and she's not as timid or insecure.

What is your character's trait that you personally relate to the most?
            xxxShe is a very compassionate person, always looking out for those around her. It's not uncommon for Luisa to put someone else's needs ahead of her own, choosing to make sure other people are happy even if she herself is miserable. Luisa is protective of her loved ones and isn't afraid to sacrifice her happiness in order to protect those she cares about, no matter the consequences. Her moral compass, while defective sometimes, is a powerful one; Luisa doesn't often stray away from the path of light and tries to pull others to stay kind and compassionate.

If your character had to sacrifice one friend, which friend would they sacrifice?
            xxxGiven how prone Luisa is to sacrificing herself, it's nearly impossible to believe she'd exchange a friend's life for her own. All lives are precious to her and she wouldn't blink twice before offering herself on a pedestal if that meant someone could keep their lives intact. But if she had to sacrifice anyone on the planet, she would rather quickly choose her abusive, narcissistic and cruel boyfriend who does nothing apart from berating her daily.

If your character had to protect one friend forever, which friend would they choose?
            xxxThe closest friend she has is Renzo, the large Italian Mastiff who has been a part of Luisa's life ever since she moved out of her adoptive family's home. While gentle with his master, Renzo is absolutely merciless whenever anyone yearns to harm Luisa or make her feel insecure and doesn't hesitate to show it. He's her personal guardian and would never let anything bad happen to Renzo if she could help it. Their friendship is a tightly-knit one.

What do/did they want to be when grown up?
            xxxEven without ever knowing her parents, Luisa inherited her artistic talents from them. She has always been creative, either drawing or writing stories as her days in the orphanage passed by. She wanted to be someone who would be able to change the world for the better with her creations. And even though she ended up going into IT and logistics, she never lost that artistic spark. Luisa yearned to become an artist once she grew up and while it's not her main career path, she does write and draw on the side, making her name known wherever she can.

Is there anyone in your life that gave you the inspiration/foundation for the character?
            xxxI'm not sure if Luisa was ever intended to originate from someone. I created her as a means to put all of the bad things that happened to me into something beautiful and useful, even if it's another tool for writing as well as getting better mentally. I do recall that I had a friend who was the kindest soul out there, even if she was often bullied by our peers; I can't remember if I thought about her when I created Luisa, but she could have played a part in that. But the main foundation of this character is that life can get livable even if it's still absolutely horrible.

What aspect of your character do you wish was true for yourself?
            xxxHonesty. Luisa is a very generous person and while she's found to lie for one reason or another, she's usually very honest and doesn't like fooling other people. Whereas I'm known to lie through my teeth sometimes, be it to make others stop worrying about me or just to be left alone. I have a vivid imagination and stories can get a little bit untrue, especially if it's been a bad day. Luisa is also a very hard working person and she loathes slacking off, which is a vice that I can't let go of easily. These would be the two aspects that I'd love to have as my own.

What is typically the last thing on your character’s mind as they fall asleep?
            xxxThe few moments before falling asleep is the worst in Luisa's day. She's often plagued by her inner demons as well as the menacing presence of her boyfriend. Sometimes her thoughts take a darker path and go as far as to ponder about suicide or running away, abandoning everything she has created in her life in order to be secure and away from the person who keeps pressuring her. Luisa never acts on these wishes, however, remaining quiet.

In what living situation/location would your character most like to live?
            xxxShe'd like to return to her hometown of Malgrate one day and settle down on her own. Living with other people quickly exhausts her and while Luisa is often keen on helping those around her, she needs her personal space and only willingly shares it with her dog. She is a fan of warmer climates and would never dare of moving somewhere in northern Europe or completely abandon her continent. While prone to staying alone, she wants to live in a place frequented by tourists in order to learn more about the world in hopes of getting rid of her homesickness.

What form of note-taking does your character prefer, such as pen, pencil, typing?
            xxxIf it's for a work-related document, she usually types it out on her laptop and then prints it out. But if that is for personal notes and reminders, Luisa's prone to using pens and marking everything down in her journal. She also takes notes on her arms, opting to use coloured pens to make sure that she does her activities fairly quickly.

What is one memory they never want to forget?
            xxxThe day she found Renzo in the local animal shelter and chose to bring him home in spite of her boyfriend's wishes to get a cat. The day was filled with arguments between Luisa and her cruel boyfriend, but she doesn't wish to forget anything about the moment Renzo bonded with her and refused to leave her side since, always sticking up for her and keeping a safe distance between the troubled couple, even if it often leads to him getting yelled at. Luisa is prepared to do everything she must in order to guard this memory forever in her very soul.

What is one memory they’d do anything to forget?
            xxxShe wants to forget most of the fights she gets into with her boyfriend. These most often end in Luisa running away for a couple of hours, weeping silently as he mocks her continuously. Most of the fights also make her lose whatever self-confidence Luisa had built up since their last fight, forcing her to start again, just watching her spiral down even further. It's a compilation of memories that she'd love to erase from her mind and begin anew, living her own life without the scars her boyfriend left her with because of his selfishness and need for attention.
Grengirl
Bronze Belt
House: Sagacitas

Afflatus: Issue Twenty-One: interview

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:37 pm

1. What is your Myers–Briggs personality type? Do you feel it does you justice?

It's different every time I take it last time it was infj?
Hard for me to tell if its accurate beyond the moment I took it since it has changed in the past.
You all might be a better judge if its accurate than me.

No, at least nothing springs to mind

Maybe? I know I stroke a beard I have never actually had.

I never believe when I'm told I'm cute, pretty or sexy but that's a common enough human experiance.

Modernish time settings are easier for me. I like the 80's though because there were no cell phones and no pocket internet to search everything on. Just describing a phone table to anyone born after 95 though can be a challange.

Not sure? Some kinda bird maybe?
How about a crow? I get in well with them.

I have family in the UK and Australia it might be nice to meet some of them for the first and second time respectively in my life. Considering I was too young to actually remember meeting some of them before.

Yes, but I think we all do. Some just on a more concious level than others.

I write trash, nothing to be proud of really

You mean like Mary, Oliver, Fender or Owen? Nah, never (fibs)

Like many I wanted to work in animal medicine, turns out you have to be good at math for that. I'm not.

Writing trash, walking/hiking, old lady video games and sleeping

Whatever their heart most desires. You cant find yourself in others lives.

I think my answer above counts.

Racial or historical? I guess both are intertwined anyways. I consider myself white passing but that said the majority of my recent lineage is cocasioan European. With most hailing from Scotland, Ireland and England but there is also some African heritage that dates back to the beginning of the end of the slave trade. There is also a great deal of mi'kmaq in my mothers family. Until recently that was considered a secret so the exact links are lost.

This was the short version I could probably write a essay on this one question easily and a book if I was more organized. Remember Britten was constantly being invaded so that includes french, german and Scandinavian influences as well as the original inhabitants of the islands.

Note: I have yet to try any of those DNA kits this is just from family history, general history and family rumour.
Gamora.
Black Belt

Character Interview 1

Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:43 pm

as always, based on this roleplay.
                  Origin is not really known, but I feel it fits her perfectly.
                  Gamora wants nothing more than to better herself. Growing up as a weapon and assassin, she wants more for herself than the memory of all the horrible things she was forced to do. And she wants to destroy her father, Thanos. Once he is gone, she'll be able to really live her life. Of course, this was all influenced by Thanos himself who took her from her home planet as a child and raised her as his own personal weapon.
                  "Apart from the day I lost my family and essentially my life, the worst memory was the day I killed someone for the first time. It took a long time for Thanos to convince me to take the final step and finish the job with an opponent. The moment haunts me to this day, despite the many live I've taken in my lifetime."
                  Submissive as heck. But dominant on the rare occasion. LOL omg read the roleplay linked under the image and you'll know.
                  Probably her inability to express her emotions, feelings, and affection due to a traumatic past. That's me 100%.
                  "Peter if he was really annoying me that day." She never would. She'd sacrifice herself instead of any person she cared about, without question.
                  "Peter if he wasn't really annoying me that day." In all seriousness, if she really did have to choose, she'd protect Peter over anybody. But if it came down to it, she'd risk her own life to save the other Guardians as well.
                  "Not this. But redeeming myself through saving the Galaxy and being considered a hero now, instead of a villain, to some seems like a pretty good deal."
                  Well she wasn't created by me, so no.
                  Bravery and strength. I wish I could be as brave and strong as her. And as beautiful.
                  How much she loves Peter and how warm and comforting he is. Though, she'd never admit that. Can't admit to the soft feels.
                  "Doesn't matter, as long as I'm with Peter for the rest of my life."
                  Typing on the holo.
                  "First adventure with the Guardians. And every happy memory afterwords."
                  "Thinking Peter was dead. And many horrible things Thanos had done to me over the years, but I refuse to get into those."
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      ↠ in the darkest times, hope ───────

just a twenty year old cat mom who spends too
      much time crying over fandoms. honestly im just
      marvel and avatar trash. my pms are always open