AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty-One

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

Deer
Silver Belt
House: Halcyon

Character Interview 1

Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:32 pm

Scott Pearson

• 1. What is the meaning of your character's name(s)? Do you think it fits them?
      “Apparently my name is derived from the Latin word Scoti which means Gaelic speaker. Well, I can tell you that I do not speak any word of Gaelic at all. So in that aspect my name doesn’t fit me. I don’t think it fits to any Scott. Except for the Scottish Scott.”

2. What is their philosophy of life? Was it influenced by their past?
      “Breathe in, Breathe out, repeat. Don't let people mess with you. This message was sponsored by my frequent use of Mary Jane.”

3. What is your characters worst memory of their childhood? Why?
      “People would bully me because my mother was deaf. It was a petty thing to do but they never understood that I signed at her for a reason.”

4. Is your character more of a submissive or dominant person in bed?
      “I’m more of a soft and submissive guy. I’m a tender lover, so to say.”

5. What is your character's trait that you personally relate to the most?
      Probably the fact that he tries to be calm and collected and not let the little things and problems ruin his day. It is how I strive to be but do not always succeed in. Scott has a big heart and always wishes for the best for his friends. I’d like to think I am the same.

6. If your character had to sacrifice one friend, which friend would they sacrifice?
      “ Ah, you mean ‘friend’, right? Because that would certainly be Dan. Nobody likes that dickhead.”

7. If your character had to protect one friend forever, which friend would they choose?
      “You are going to be laughing at me but I would protect my mother. She needs me more than any of my friends do. And in some way, my mom is one of my best friends. I don’t care if you laugh about it. It is simply true.”

8. What do/did they want to be when grown up?
      “I always wanted to be a superhero. I wanted to be the Flash but it turns out I’m not that much of a runner.”

9. Is there anyone in your life that gave you the inspiration / foundation for the character?
      Not really. Scott just formed a long while ago because I needed a mellow counterpart to the rest of my gangster guys.

10. What aspect of your character do you wish was true for yourself?
      I wish I was able to let go as easily as Scott. It is pretty hard to get into an argument or a fight with Scott, unless you try really, really hard.

11. What is typically the last thing on your character’s mind as they fall asleep?
      “I’m not going to lie, most of the time it is of Mary Jane if I didn’t get a cigarette before I went to bed. Other times it is Gavin. Sometimes it is both.”

12. In what living situation / location would your character most like to live?
      “I’m pretty content with my current living arrangements. I live together with Tobias, who is one of my close friends. But, one day I wouldn’t mind moving in with my boyfriend, if all goes well.”

13. What form of note-taking does your character prefer, such as pen, pencil, typing?
      “I prefer pencils because they work when I am laying upside down beneath a car. ”

14. What is one memory they never want to forget?
      “My first night with Gavin.”

15. What is one memory they’d do anything to forget?
      “Seeing Aiden so distraught and lost once it was uncertain if his brother would survive the car crash. It broke my heart, and still does when I think about it.”

walsh
Yellow Belt
House: Vipera

as afflatus: issue twenty-one | mikhail ivanov

Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:40 am

Image MIKA IVANOV
a character from a one x one.
            • What is the meaning of your character's name(s)? Do you think it fits them?
              ind. "Mikhail is Hebrew. A 'gift from God.' Mika relatively means the same thing -- depending on area, of course. But, no, I don't think it fits."
              What is their philosophy of life? Was it influenced by their past?
              ind. "I keep my life structured with routine and if something unexpected happens --" he shrugs, "I handle it. Life's to be played, and I play the game well. I guess it can be influenced by a lot of things. A drive to have control. I don't take things personally and I mind my own business. You're able to focus more that way toward a singular goal, I believe."
              What is your characters worst memory of their childhood? Why?
              ind. "I seen a kid drown once. I was.. ten, I think. It explains itself."
              Is your character more of a submissive or dominant person in bed?
              ind. "Dominant."
              What is your character's trait that you personally relate to the most?
              ind. His competitive traits. Mika keeps a solid, calm composure but he wants to be the best. Fashion, personality, knowledge. It's an endless void with him and although I'm not that enveloped, I do relate.
              If your character had to sacrifice one friend, which friend would they sacrifice?
              ind. "Any of the boys; Duncan or Nathan. Just for the hell of it. They could take it."
              If your character had to protect one friend forever, which friend would they choose?
              ind. "Sasha. Not that I already don't do that."
              What do/did they want to be when grown up?
              ind. "I wanted to become a writer."
              Is there anyone in your life that gave you the inspiration / foundation for the character?
              ind. Nope. The inspiration comes from a general idea, tv or movies, aesethetics.. Anything I tend to immerse myself in then grows and develops from there the more I put myself in their mindset and personality.
              What aspect of your character do you wish was true for yourself?
              ind. His work ethtic. His ability to .. just not care, lol. Mika chooses to look over a lot of things and is first, non-confrontational. He's the embodiment of put together.
              What is typically the last thing on your character’s mind as they fall asleep?
              ind. "Whatever happened during the day."
              In what living situation / location would your character most like to live?
              ind. "I live in the States as of right now, but I would like to go home sometime. Germany or Russia. Doesn't matter. The living situation doesn't vary between any of them. We have money to make things suitable anywhere we go."
              What form of note-taking does your character prefer, such as pen, pencil, typing?
              ind. "I'm not keen on a certain style. I usually have a good memory so none of them are used much anyway."
              What is one memory they never want to forget?
              ind. "I don't really have one, sorry."
              What is one memory they’d do anything to forget?
              ind. "That kid in the lake. It doesn't bother me, but I'd rather forget about it."
important
Global Moderator

member questionnaire activity

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:25 pm

• i. what is your myers–briggs personality type? do you feel it does you justice? 100% infp-t. i haven't taken the test in years but i think it still is applicable?? hold on i'm gonna take the test again rn. yep! still infp-t babey
      ii. is there a song that you can relate to as the years pass? why so? yknow i hate to be the guy that's just "ugh this song just gets me" but i honestly really like no me importa by itm
      iii. do you have any odd quirks that are more funny than repulsive? umm? lemme ask some ppl i know bc i don't know who i am! ok so some of my friends mentioned that i get overly excited over things and they find it adorable so there's that. my girlfriend constantly refers to me as a puppy when it comes to things bc of how happy i get over dumb shit. idk what else.
      iv. what is something that people always say to you but you don't believe? i am not very good at receiving compliments, like, at all. i get a lot of praise, esp from emily, about my work and projects and stuff and it's just. really difficult for me to see it the way she sees things, etc., etc., i'm not a confident person lmao
      v. is there a particular setting/trope that you absolutely love writing? i ! love ! fantasy ! rn i'm hyperfixated on skyrim and i'm literally always up to writing for it and my stories and writing always involve fantasy on some level
      vi. if you were to be an animal which would it be? a black bear. fiercely protective, shy, and loving.
      vii. if you could travel anywhere in the world where would you chose? uhh! i kind of really wanna go to france w/ emily
      viii. do you take influence from the world around you? sometimes? not really. i used to a lot when i was a kid w/ my writing and stuff, but these days i am trapped inside and therefore derive everything from literally anywhere else
      ix. what’s your proudest writing achievement? hmm. probably the nano piece i did back in 2016.
      x. do you sometimes resurrect old characters? all the time lmao. i hold onto those little shits like they're my own children. just you watch me drag up a character i haven't used in 5 years
      xi. when you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up? a palaeontologist. i think it was like, age three that i decided this was what i wanted to do. i went through a HUGE dinosaur phase from the ages of 3-13 and tbh it still is very much there but i was OBSESSED
      xii. what are some hobbies you enjoy doing? writing? ig. i crochet too. mostly video games these days tbh
      xiii. what is one thing you recommend someone doing at least once in their life? travel! get out of your country, go for a change of scene.
      xiv. what is a piece of advice you would give to another from your own experience? if you truly believe in something, fight like hell for it. let absolutely nothing stop you.
      xv. what is your family background? hi idk what the FUCK this question means so i'll answer it with how i think it means and how i'm seeing other ppl answer it. my father is japanese, whilst my mother is an adopted danish-born american, so ethnically i'm mixed. the two of them had two kids, me and my sister. then i have a step mother, who i'm still in contact with, and through her and my dad i have a half-sister who i love with all of my heart. she also brought three other kids from previous marriages with her. i have another step mother too, though i only refer to her as "my father's girlfriend". her and my dad don't have kids together, but she brought along two other children from her previous marriage. my birth mother also had two more children with a different man, so that's two more half-siblings. in total, i have one full sister, three half-siblings, and five step-siblings. that's nine in total, not including myself. big family. tons and tons of other family members too. there were a lot of divorces in each generation of my family, so. right now, i only have contact with my birth mother, my step-mother, and my grandparents. i do not speak to my dad or his girlfriend, and i rarely speak with the siblings i have that live with him, and never get to see them. long story. bUT yes a very complicated huge family!
caligo
Black Belt

Re: AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty-One

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:47 pm

• 1. What is your Myers–Briggs personality type? Do you feel it does you justice?

ENFP ! took me quite some time to figure it out, but this definitely fits me. if you want to know more about me you can watch this!

2. Is there a song that you can relate to as the years pass? Why so?

I don't think I have ONE specific song I relate to. It depends a lot on what I'm going through at that point of my life, my mood, so it may change pretty often.

3. Do you have any odd quirks that are more funny than repulsive?

okay so apparently i squeak/squeal a lot when embarrassed or feeling bashful. I make so many weird noises. I also tend to talk very fast when excited and mix some words up in the process. I also jump up and down a little when excited or just start moving like buzz buzz excited another friend said that i smile all the time around people but i dont know if that's a quirk

4. What is something that people always say to you but you don't believe?

I... honestly I don't know. I think when people call me ' cute ' or ' adorable ' and things like that I just look down at myself and go 'really???' dang it there goes my dangerous threat reputation (?

5. Is there a particular setting/trope that you absolutely love writing?

I have so many !! i love action, sci-fi, dystopian.... even slice of life, historical....

6. If you were to be an animal which would it be?

I think either a dolphin or a beagle. affectionate, curious, stubborn, communicative, intelligent, defiant, energetic, cheerful, kinda cocky. plus i like feeling free and i'm pretty close to the water element

7. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you chose?

there are so many places I'd like to visit, but here's my top 5 assuming i can visit several places
      1- new zealand
      2- japan
      3- spain
      4- holland
      5- mexico

8. Do you take influence from the world around you?

yes. specially for my writing though I easily seem to adapt postures, or linguistic expressions from people i'm fond off. it's subconscious, i only realise later.

9. What’s your proudest writing achievement?

I'm not sure ?? I think I still need to write something that I'm totally proud of.

10. Do you sometimes resurrect old characters?

ALL. THE. FREAKING. TIME. in fact, most of my characters are very old, they just evolve.

11. When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?

a veterinarian, an actress, or a model. Later in life I discovered I was too sensitive when i worked as an assistant at a veterinarian clinic. I also realized I'm waaaay too short to be a model and fashion doesn't catch my attention very much, though I do like feeling confident through pictures. I still plan to pursue the actress thing at least as a secondary thing. i love acting.

12. What are some hobbies you enjoy doing?

singing, drawing, writing, writing songs, researching random stuffs that interests me !! i also watch many documentaries and read many books, sometimes many different ones at a time bc i get bored easily and then jump back to old interests

13. What is one thing you recommend someone doing at least once in their life?

get out of your comfort zone. travel. try new things, do something you didn't think you could ever do in the past if it makes you feel fulfilled and happy. stay away from social media for a few days, connect with others and with yourself.

14. What is a piece of advice you would give to another from your own experience?

All mistakes are an opportunity for you to learn something. to be better, to improve, to try harder. And if you want something, if you see yourself in a certain position in the future and you have a dream, don't let others tell you what you are or aren't made for. be yourself, don't try to fit expectations if they don't fit you. don't try to mold yourself to please anyone. the most important part, is that you must be happy in your own body and soul. you will attract the people youwere meant to meet once you start doing that.

15. What is your family background?

ok so this is an interesting one: I'm an adopted child, I've known my whole life. I've never met my biological family.
      I live with my mom, I'm an only child at home but I have three half brothers from my dad's side. I'm closest to the middle brother. He has a son my age, and though we don't see each other much, we are rather close as well. I have many cousins my age or close to my age and we grew up together which is awesome because I feel like they are my best friends. My relationship with my mom and grandma specially though, is pretty darn tense, though I love them. my dad passed away when I was eleven but my godfather decided to become a paternal figure later. I love him to bits, he's a great source of support along with my cousins.
Image ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

• cali twenty one argentina sag ☼ taurus ☾ aquarius ↑ ENFP 4w5 7w6 1w2 griffyndor / thunderbird

marvel, disney, harry potter, books, psychology, sociology, languages, theatre kid, conspiracy theories , animals, art, sitcoms, action & science fiction.

writeblr character index
            character development thread

100 DoS
ichor.
Admin Aide
House: Halcyon Keeper

Member Interview

Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:47 pm

1. What is your Myers–Briggs personality type? Do you feel it does you justice?
I am ISFJ (The Defender). I actually ended up taking the test again and this was the same result I got in 2016. I skimmed through it and it seems to fit me pretty well and my friends confirm this.
2. Is there a song that you can relate to as the years pass? Why so?

3. Do you have any odd quirks that are more funny than repulsive?
I had to ask friends. Some things they said were: I refuse to change my fire alarm batteries (that's my dad's job and he won't do it), I run away from boys I like/find attractive (very fucking true), my flirting skills are apparently amusing (aka nonexistent), and I zone out a lot (lol sorry guys).
4. What is something that people always say to you but you don't believe?
Usually compliments, but I've gotten a bit better about that. My friend's mom tells her (and my friend tells me this) that I'll find someone in medical school because I'm pretty. It's really nice that her mom thinks so but I have my doubts since I haven't had any luck yet. That may be my fault though lol
5. Is there a particular setting/trope that you absolutely love writing?
I love writing almost anything. Hate to love is a particular favorite. Anything with angst. Historical, fantasy, both combined. Um...oh royalty and shit like that. If you can throw in a hierarchy system, I'm down.
6. If you were to be an animal which would it be?

7. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you chose?
Honestly, anywhere and everywhere that I could. I really want to visit a lot of European countries, New Zealand, Australia, Bahamas, etc. Like...wherever my friends are I wanna visit for sure!
8. Do you take influence from the world around you?
I would say yes I do. I'm not sure what exactly is meant by influence by world around me, but yes.
9. What’s your proudest writing achievement?
Honestly, my Dracula essay from last semester. My teacher decided to nominate it (and me) for a scholarship for next semester.
10. Do you sometimes resurrect old characters?
All the time. Can't give up on them.
11. When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a vet when I was younger. I loved animals and still do and my parents wanted me to be a doctor. Thought it was the best of both worlds lol
12. What are some hobbies you enjoy doing?
I used to really like writing and reading but now I hardly have time for it. Now it's watching TV or movies and spending time with my mom/parents and napping. Naps are life. I could use one right now actually.
13. What is one thing you recommend someone doing at least once in their life?

14. What is a piece of advice you would give to another from your own experience?

15. What is your family background?
chancellor.
Yellow Belt

|member questionnaire|

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:15 am

Image Image Image i. What is your Myers–Briggs personality type? Do you feel it does you justice?
I am ISFJ-T (Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, Judgement and Turbulent), also known as 'The Defender'. I took this test my freshman year in college and I got the same results. I 100% agree with this and it fits me to a tee.
ii. Is there a song that you can relate to as the years pass? Why so?
I rarely have a single song that is my go-to. My song choices defer based on what I am feeling in the moment and what kind of emotions I want to experience in that moment.
iii. Do you have any odd quirks that are more funny than repulsive?
I tend to wheeze when I laugh too hard and most of the time I just end up wheezing more because I laugh at myself wheezing.
iv. What is something that people always say to you but you don't believe?
I guess whenever anyone gives me a compliment. I usually accept it in the moment, but internally disagree and point out all my flaws to myself.
v. Is there a particular setting/trope that you absolutely love writing?
I love writing anything realistic and then adding a little twist to it to add some drama. I love some good old fashion drama.
vi. If you were to be an animal which would it be?
Hands down a turtle. Being able to move at a leisure pace as well as having your home with your wherever you go. Yes, please.
vii. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you chose?
Anywhere tropical with a nice beach. Oh, there also has to be animals.
viii. Do you take influence from the world around you?
I would say I do. Probably in more ways than one.
ix. What’s your proudest writing achievement?
Probably writing an entire play my junior year in high school. Being able to see my ideas come to life was something else.
x. Do you sometimes resurrect old characters?
I use to. I'm trying to get better at coming up with new characters, but sometimes it's hard and going back to a familiar character just seems nicer.
xi. When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to be an actor when I was younger. (Kind of still do.)
xii. What are some hobbies you enjoy doing?
I really enjoy writing and reading as well as a good Netflix show.
xiii. What is one thing you recommend someone doing at least once in their life?
Volunteering to help those in need; whether that be humans or animals.
xiv. What is a piece of advice you would give to another from your own experience?
It's never too late to find what makes you happy.
xv. What is your family background?
My dad is from Canada and my mom is from California. How they ended up and meeting in Texas is beyond me. I am the oldest and then I have a younger brother. I fortunately grew up where we never had to worry about money. My dad worked as a barge captain of an oil rig, going overseas every other month while my mom was a preschool teacher before becoming a stay-at-home mom. My brother is currently in the process of picking a college and is fortunate enough to be attending on a football scholarship. I am currently in school majoring in teaching.
chancellor.
Yellow Belt

|character interview|rose jones|

Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:38 am

Image Image x
i. What is the meaning of your character's name(s)? Do you think it fits them?
"Rose comes from the Latin word rosa, meaning rose, like the flower. My parents picked it due to the fact that when I was born, the only flower that anyone brought when the visited my mother in the hospital were roses. My parents took it as a sign. Do I think the name suits me? I do because roses are a beautiful flower, but can cause great pain due to their thorns."
ii. What is their philosophy of life? Was it influenced by their past?
"The world needs to be cleansed. There is sin all around us and I refuse to be tainted by it. God brought me into this earth and had my father teach me what it means to truly be good and what truly evil people look like. The sinners need to be eliminated so humanity can flourish; even if that means taking matters into my own hands. I was shown the ways by my own father who was brought to duty by our heavenly Father."
iii. What is your characters worst memory of their childhood? Why?
"My mother dying during child birth is the absolute worse memory I have during my childhood and seeing the pain it caused my father. My sister was an accidental pregnancy. Why did she get to live and our mother had to die!"
iv. Is your character more of a submissive or dominant person in bed?
"Dominant. Always dominant."
v. What is your character's trait that you personally relate to the most?
I personally relate to Rose's sarcastic ways and her witty sense of humor.
vi. If your character had to sacrifice one friend, which friend would they sacrifice?
"I don't have many, well, really any friends. Letting anyone close to me would mean I have to put my guard down. I can't risk having the family (the cult), my father or I getting caught."
vii. If your character had to protect one friend forever, which friend would they choose?
"Like I said, I don't have friends, but I will protect my father at all costs. I would do anything for him because he has done so much for me."
vii. What do/did they want to be when grown up?
"Before the passing of my mother, I always dreamt about being a school teacher, but as you can see, I things have changed."
ix. Is there anyone in your life that gave you the inspiration / foundation for the character?
No, if anyone in my life gave me the idea for this character (the daughter of a cult), I would be worried.
x. What aspect of your character do you wish was true for yourself?
I wish I had Rose's confidence. I love the way how she doesn't let fear control her.
xi. What is typically the last thing on your character’s mind as they fall asleep?
"Normally it's whether or not we'll ever be caught, but lately I can't get my mind off Jake; a cute police officer I met at a corner gas station."
xii. In what living situation / location would your character most like to live?
"I would love to have a big farm house out in the country. Almost like the one I grew up in, I'm just scared that doing that will bring back those awful memories."
xiii. What form of note-taking does your character prefer, such as pen, pencil, typing?
"I always carry around a little notepad and a pen on me. If I see a man committing an affair, I write down as much information I can before plotting out how I plan to weed my way into his life before cleansing the earth of him."
xiv. What is one memory they never want to forget?
"The memory of my mother. She was truly an amazing woman who was taken too soon. I miss her every day."
xv. What is one memory they’d do anything to forget?
"The sound of the shotgun when my father shot my sister, Annabeth. It woke me up in the middle of the night, he thought I didn't hear a thing. The next morning though he told me that Annabeth was the reason that my mother died. That she was the spawn of Satan and was born so my mother would die. Still, I wish he hadn't used a shotgun."

Follow Rose and Jake here.
MajorPoland
Bronze Belt
House: Sagacitas

Character Interview - Viktor Kozlov

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:09 pm

Image 1. What is the meaning of your character's name(s)? Do you think it fits them?
"I was born on May 9th, Victory day in Russia, that's why I am called Victor, the winner, the conqueror. Unlike my father, I was not named after my granddad. The name suits me, I always get out of situations as the winner."
2. What is their philosophy of life? Was it influenced by their past?
"The bigger the better. It relates to explosions and other things. If you do something, you do it right. I learnt that is my time during the army. It was a hard time but it taught me that."
3. What is your characters worst memory of their childhood? Why?
"There is a lot I do not like to think about. I guess it was when my father killed my cat. Just kidding. It was when he sent me to cadet's school. I hated it there, parting from all my friends in Vladivostok..."
4. Is your character more of a submissive or dominant person in bed?
*grins* "What do you think? The ladies love how I treat them."
5. What is your character's trait that you personally relate to the most?
(His temper. He is very emotional just like I am although he never shows that)
6. If your character had to sacrifice one friend, which friend would they sacrifice?
"Haha, I don't have any friends. I guess I'd sacrifice anyone."
7. If your character had to protect one friend forever, which friend would they choose?
"First of all, I protect myself. Maybe that's the reason I don't have any friends?"
8. What do/did they want to be when grown up?
"I never wanted to be a mercenary and killer. I wanted to be an astronaut or a sailor."
9. Is there anyone in your life that gave you the inspiration/foundation for the character?
(Nope, Viktor ist loosely based on Major Ocelot from MGS3, he also is his faceclaim)
10. What aspect of your character do you wish was true for yourself?
(I wish I was as tenacious as Viktor. He never gives up and goes all the way to the end no matter what obstacles he faces. He'd rather die than give up. That is something I'd really like to be able to do.)
11. What is typically the last thing on your character’s mind as they fall asleep?
"I often think about home, but mostly my minds always slips towards my mission and the horrors I have seen..."
12. In what living situation/location would your character most like to live?
"Somewhere calm, cut off from society and mankind. Perhaps I'd get myself a dog. An Island would be nice, somewhere surrounded by the sea, sun most of the days, a beach. Or just a simple hut in the mountains. As long as I am alone, or at least not surrounded by humans, I am fine."
13. What form of note-taking does your character prefer, such as pen, pencil, typing?
"An old Soviet fountain pen I have stolen from my father. It doesn't write as good anymore. I try to remember things mostly, rather than writing them down."
14. What is one memory they never want to forget?
"Getting my first dog I guess. He has been still a puppy then and the most loveable being on earth. Those big, black eyes and soft fur... But what means getting? I found the little guy in a cardboard box by the side of the road. Humans are cruel beings. He was the sweetest dog in the entire world. I think he was some sort of... Caucasian Shepherd. I have no idea about dogs, but he was a beast."
15. What is one memory they’d do anything to forget?
"Haha, there is way too much I want to forget, almost my entire life after the army. But I guess it is the accident in the army. But on the other hand... If I forgot this, I would not know why I'm doing the things I am doing. This memory, the things that happened... they make the person I am, determine my actions. That got deep, eh? I guess it's better to stop now... Thank you for your time."

Get to know more about Viktor Kozlov here clicky!
Last edited by MajorPoland on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gold
Attendant
House: Vipera

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ: ɢᴏʟᴅ

Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:49 pm

- ʜᴇ's ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ
ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏᴏʀ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ʜᴇ's ғᴏʀsᴀᴋᴇɴ
ᴋᴀʀᴍᴀ ɪs ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴄʜᴀsᴇ ʜɪᴍ ғᴏʀ ʜɪs ʟɪᴇs
ɪᴛ's ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴏғ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ
                • What is the meaning of your character's name(s)? Do you think it fits them? Thristis is his actual name, which could be translated to ''sad one'' because being dramatic and setting characters up for tragedy is always awesome and it fits him well, with all the things that happened in his life. The name he goes by, Gold, is one he chose for himself once he left home, and it also fits him in a more literal way - his eyes are golden. The godly names he goes by, the Betrayer/Deceiver, also fit him quite well, since he did betray and deceive quite a few people to get where he is.
                  What is their philosophy of life? Was it influenced by their past? He has a pretty live-and-let-live attitude and it's been a philosophy he had ever since he was a little kid, but he's also a pretty vindictive bastard, so ''an eye for an eye'' is also a prevalent philosophy.
                  What is your characters worst memory of their childhood? Why? He had a nasty childhood, mostly because of his father, but probably the worst memory is seeing him assault his mother for the first time. Gold adored her, even if she was weird and at times cold, and seeing her with a split lip after an argument with his father marked him for life and gave him just another reason to hate him.
                  Is your character more of a submissive or dominant person in bed? He's a bit of both, but he tends to lean towards the dominant side.
                  What is your character's trait that you personally relate to the most? His rage, I'd say. He has so much of it and it morphed into so many other things like bitterness and resentment; I can relate to it because I, like him, wasn't really dealt the best hand in life and I'm powerless to do anything about it. And it's infuriating.
                  If your character had to sacrifice one friend, which friend would they sacrifice? Bold of you to assume he has any friends to sacrifice. Probably one of his god buddies, since he doesn't get on that well with most of them.
                  If your character had to protect one friend forever, which friend would they choose? The Raven Queen, definitely. Even though he'd be the one who was protected, but she'd appreciate it.
                  What do/did they want to be when grown up? A traveling merchant. The idea of going around and meeting new people and seeing new placed while making loads of money always seemed like a fun life.
                  Is there anyone in your life that gave you the inspiration/foundation for the character? Other than myself, no.
                  What aspect of your character do you wish was true for yourself? How bold he is. I wish I had more of a backbone and less fucks to give. It would make so many things that much easier in life.
                  What is typically the last thing on your character’s mind as they fall asleep? ''I hope Syl doesn't leave me here.''
                  In what living situation/location would your character most like to live? Since his dream was to become a traveling merchant, he'd ideally have only a few things with him and always be on the move, taking on a nomadic lifestyle.
                  What form of note-taking does your character prefer, such as pen, pencil, typing? Gold's pretty old school, so he always has a fountain pen - a fancy feather one - if he wants to write something down, but he mostly uses magic for it since it's quicker.
                  What is one memory they never want to forget? His first kiss with Syl.
                  What is one memory they’d do anything to forget? The night he killed Syl.
algorythm
Black Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: member interview

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:19 am

• 1. What is your Myers–Briggs personality type? Do you feel it does you justice? intp-t. and yeah, I identify with it quite a bit.
      2. Is there a song that you can relate to as the years pass? Why so? I don't really relate to things...so no.
      3. Do you have any odd quirks that are more funny than repulsive? I talk to myself a lot. I read my writing out loud (which is great for smut) especially.
      4. What is something that people always say to you but you don't believe? that they can't see the imperfections in my work.
      5. Is there a particular setting/trope that you absolutely love writing? okay I'm that bitch who always has the domineering (sadistic) asshole. mine are generally honest though s o. and I love age gaps sue me. also I really want to write vampires rn.
      6. If you were to be an animal which would it be? okay a domestic pet in a good home is the d r e a m. but um a tiger or panther- because big cats are dope. and polar bears are my fucking favourite, but I don't want to drown or die through starvation so not the life for me.
      7. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you chose? I might be going to japan post-grad so there?
      8. Do you take influence from the world around you? absolutely, I adapt really quickly to my environment and usually take on a lot of traits and ideas from the people around me. I maintain a lot of myself though- I'm very opinionated haha.
      9. What’s your proudest writing achievement? if I had one I'd tell you.
      10. Do you sometimes resurrect old characters? absolutely. especially if I had the time to attach myself to their concept or the character in general.
      11. When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up? it circled through crap like teacher, librarian and vet.
      12. What are some hobbies you enjoy doing? art (acrylic, alcohol inks, pencil, watercolour) and reading
      13. What is one thing you recommend someone doing at least once in their life? I'm too young to suggest that lmao. see a musical? have a pet? do what you want.
      14. What is a piece of advice you would give to another from your own experience? I don't really know, I'm sheltered guys idk anything. I have rarely had to deal with difficult situations of any nature.
      15. What is your family background? um middle class? or white and chinese-jamaican?