AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty-Four

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

xPeppermint Kisses
White Belt
House: Sagacitas

member interview✭

Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:08 am

• 1. What do you want to do for a career?
    What I’m doing now: ABA early intervention for kids with autism. Maybe I’ll get my master’s one day and become a certified behavior analyst, but it’ll be bittersweet because I won’t get to work with the kids one-on-one anymore.
    2. What's your dream car/transportation?
    I’m not super into cars. I really like my Prius. Something with suicide doors would be cool, I guess.
    3. Do you see yourself getting married?
    My boyfriend and I have had the marriage discussion more than once. We’re waiting until we’re both more stable in life.
    4. Which kind of canned beans are the best? (ranch style, baked, pork 'n beans, black beans, refried...)
    No thank you.
    5. Have you ever been fishing?
    A very very very long time ago. I was like… 6. And I didn’t catch anything.
    6. Have you hung anything on your walls? If so, what?
    There’s lots on my walls; pictures, posters, art. I have lots of rooms.
    7. Do you have any favorite characters you love developing/writing for?
    All of my superhero babs (Longshot, Frostbite, Kinetose, and Ghost). I wish I got to use them in roleplays more. I also have a couple of foils that I like developing together: Mickey&Annie, Daedalus&Thaleia, Julius&Sasha
    8. In your own words, describe your happy place.
    An empty beach, midday and into dusk when the salty breeze rolling off the waves is brisk but not chilling.
    9. Is there a smell or a flavor that brings back good memories?
    Gingerbread will always remind me of my oma.
    10. What time of day do you favor most?
    It depends on where I am, but I love sunsets. I can get down on some nighttime anywhere.
    11. Do you have a favorite genre of book or movie?
    I like horror for both books and movies. Action for just movies.
    12. What's a good book that you read recently and would recommend? Why?
    I’ve only been listening to podcasts lately, but you should totally check out The Adventure Zone! It’s a DnD podcast done by 3 brothers and their dad. The world building, character development, and storytelling is insane.
    Also, if you like reading bad writing on purpose (like me because I’m a huge dork) check out the Steel Donut Collective YouTube channel. They read bad fanfics with voices and stuff. Very fun.
    13. What's a tv show that you have re-watched multiple times?
    3Below!!! I’m a huge nerd for animation, plus Guillermo del Toro is my fave director. I’ve watched the first season (waiting for that sweet sweet part 2) probably 10 times… Maybe more.
    14. What's your favorite classic movie?
    Say Anything is very good. But going even further back, I really like Anchors Aweigh.
    15. If you had a theme song, what would it be?
    A Portrait Of -- Sorority Noise
Last edited by xPeppermint Kisses on Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.
House: Halcyon

AS Afflatus 24 Member Interview

Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:29 am

1. What do you want to do for a career?
already a dog trainer and rescue volunteer.

Impala or Chevy Cruse LS

ah...maybe not...I’d have to bond with a person first, and if it’s a girl...friggin parents...If it’s a guy, i can’t have sex with him, bc i really can’t stand pain...

4. Which kind of canned beans are the best? (ranch style, baked, pork 'n beans, black beans, refried...)
Baked beans

Mmm, no. watched a friend though.

Pictures of animals and Japan.

Jessika, ocs based on myself, some canon characters.

With my dog and cat, at home reading, drawing, writing, listening to music. Or at the rescue.

Not really? i like the smell of warm and clean things.

Afternoon/evening

Anime! Mangas, and fantasy

If you can find it: The Ancient Magus Bride the Golden Thread. It’s amazing, and talks about some new characters.

Anime: Kyou Kara Maou, and Wotakoi; tv: Doctor Pol, bc reruns

Ah...maybe Balto or the Christmas Shoes.

Something about animals, or maybe Rivers in the Desert.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

AS Afflatus 24 Character Interview 2

Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:46 am

Shuichi x Kokichi

1. Who confessed their feelings first?
Kokichi, Shuichi was too much of a virgin.

2. Who would throw the other in the pool?
Neither...

3. Who would accidentally set the kitchen on fire while cooking?
Maybe Kokichi

4. Who is the early bird? Who is the night owl?
Shuichi- Early bird, work and stuff; Kokichi- night owl

5. What are the nickname(s) they have given each other?
Shui, Koki

6. Who pulls the other one closer when sleeping?
Shuichi pulls Kokichi closer.

7. What small quirks do they love about each other?
Dunno, never seen em have quirks...that are cute, anyway.

8. Who runs up and hugs their partner while the other catches them?
Koki runs, Shui catches.

9. What song best represents them?
Pfft, I think they have theme songs.

10. Is there a 'mother hen' in the relationship and who?
Maybe Shuichi?

11. What animal would they say their SO is like?
Shui is like a penguin or otter, Koki is like a fox or cat.

12. Is there a small thing that the one does that makes no difference in their life, but it bothers the other all the same?
Kokichi lies still sometimes...Shuichi dislikes that.

13. What are some quirks that each overlook in each other?
Dunno, again...

14. How did you meet each other? Each character tell the story in their own words.
Pfft, we all know how...I’ll do an AU version

Shuichi: “I was in my second year, but also working part time at a coffee shop. It was college, not high school, so I wasn’t going to get into any trouble. I’d seen Kokichi a few times, actually, always with one of two guys. I thought he was dating one, or all three were in a relationship...I mean, I don’t have anything against that, but I thought he was super cute. One day, all three were there together, and one guy came over, the tallest of the three. He introduced himself as Rantaro and asked for a Latte. The second guy came up, telling me he was Kaede, and I recognized him from a simpler class, Math or something. He asked for a Frappe then went back to the table. The last to come to me was the cutie; er, I mean, the purply and dark haired boy, introducing himself as Kokichi. He asked for a Caffe Mocha. Good taste, haha...Um, that’s how I officially met Kokichi, since just seeing him at a distance doesn’t count.”

Kokichi: ”Yeah, yeah! You forgot about the coffee spill though...So, yes, Rantaro went up to the counter first, then came back. Before Kaede could go a little girl screamed and there was a thud. Apparently, she thought she could run around and ended up running into her own father as he was bringing their coffee and pastries to the table. Shuichi had looked up at the sound, seeing the man consoling the kid and the coffee on the floor. He rushed over with napkins in hand, cleaning up while telling them they could get a refill. The man was happy to hear that, and agreed. As Shuichi stood up to take the napkins to the trash, our eyes met. Since he doesn’t believe it counts, I guess it doesn’t...but yeah, Kaede went to order, then they sent me up. I guess Ran and Kae planned this, because I talked about Shu-chan so much despite never having actually met him...talked to him. Well, that’s how we met.”

15. How do they show affection to each other?
Hugs, cuddles, kisses, touches
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt

n9

Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:49 am

no...i’m done...fuck this shitty iPad...)
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt

AS Afflatus 24 Activity

Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:00 am

Name: Millie Fauntes
Sexuality: Bi
Hair: Long, straight, brown
Eyes: Turquoise
Skin: tanned
Family: Father Ted, mother Lily, brother Karn
Has a Shepherd dog, Alex

Personality: She’s a dog and cat loving hard worker. She’s a bit shy, and even somewhat stubborn like dad...She cares for her brother, who’s only 16. She strives to be the best she can be, and has looked up to her mother since very young.

Role: Helper on farm; Sector: Agriculture

History:
*Born 26 years ago to Ted and Lily
*Led as normal a childhood as possible, making friends and learning
*Saw Karn after his birth 16 years ago, when she was 10
*Continued life and learning, teaching Karn even
*Got Alex when she was 20
*Helped on farm for 8 years, 2 before getting Alex; still helps
*Met a new friend at 22; also realized she may love her best friend...
*Helps on farm; sees Sara from time to time
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt

AS Afflatus 24 Activity second character

Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:09 am

Name: Sara Leth
Sexuality: Lesbian, doesn’t really tell others
Hair: Long, to her butt, wavy, golden blonde
Eyes: Amber
Skin: Fair
Family: doesn’t know em...Raymin adopted her
Has a Cat, Morri

Personality: She’s a cat loving caring individual. She does stand having dogs about. She’s a bit shy, and doesn’t always open up...She wishes she could meet her family. She cares for people to the best of her ability, respects them, and looks up to her adoptive father.

Role: Helper nurse; Sector: Medical/other

History:
*Born 24 years ago to unknown parents, orphaned
*A doctor adopted the baby
*When she started walking and talking, he taught her simple words
*Learned how to read, learned Ray’s name
*Got Morri when she was ten; he’s 14
*Kept learning, started making friends
*Met Millie at 14, became best friends; continued learning
*Started learning to be a nurse at 18
*Watched a 22 year old Millie make a new friend; started helping Ray
*Just recently came to realize she might love Millie
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
amnesia.
Black Belt

` (( member interview

Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:28 pm

xxxxmy more whimsical side would like to say author, but i wouldn't mind working as an english teacher or in a publishing agency
      xxxxi'm not sure?? tbh i wouldn't trust myself with an expensive car because i get distracted way too easily, and with the area i live in it'd probably either get stolen or vandalised. if i could though i'd have a motorbike; i've wanted one since i was eight and still have a soft spot for them, i wouldn't really care what make though
      xxxxi'd absolutely love to get married one day, though if it's not something my partner at the time would be interested in then i'd be happy just being with them
      xxxxbaked beans i think? i haven't really tried the others rip
      xxxxnot really. as a kid we'd go on little day trips out to the local park and catch small fish in nets [y'know, the ones on sticks that you buy at beaches and stuff], put them in buckets of water, watch them swim around for a little while before putting them back. i've never been fishing with an actual fishing rod or anything though
      xxxxtoo many things, honestly. i change what i hang on my walls every other month because i'm so indecisive, but right now i have a few game posters [devil may cry, assassin's creed] and a few tv show posters, a jurassic world poster i got on the day the second one came out and a postcard from a friend
      xxxxoh gosh there are too many. if i had to choose i'd say that i love writing for penemuel, my little demon son with a coffee addiction, daisuke, and my boy wrath
      xxxxthere was a park i used to be brought to when i was a child, behind the park there was a semi-steep hill, and towards the bottom of this hill was a small pond overshadowed by trees. that pond is my happy place, it's probably no longer there any more but it was always somewhere i found relaxing
      xxxxthere's this one perfume my nan used to wear all the time when i was younger; it reminds me of when i lived with my grandparents and honestly it was one of the happiest times of my life. i still don't know what the perfume's called though, and my mum doesn't remember either so i don't know where to find it again
      xxxxnight time without a doubt, it's always just been really peaceful for me? it's quieter, i can curl up in my room and just relax without worrying about having to get up and go anywhere
      xxxxi have different favourites for each type; for favourite book genre i love anything fantasy, crime or historical, and for movie i love horror, sci-fi, musicals, comedy and i'm a bit of a sap for romance movies
      xxxxi've been on a bit of a book reading binge recently and i've lost track, but one that sticks out is the woman in the window by dan mallory. it's so well done and keeps the reader guessing right up until the very end, would definitely recommend if you like crime/mystery novels. the way agoraphobia is presented was really well done as well
      xxxxdon't judge me, but i think it would be a tie between friday night dinner, the office, american horror story, lucifer, sherlock and trailer park boys
      xxxxoh god i honestly can't decide, i love most classic horror movies so it's really hard to pick just one. i think it'd be a tie between the shining, silence of the lambs and the alien quadrilogy
      xxxxgiven that i'm the human embodiment of a goldfish it'd probably just be a ten hour wii theme tbh

Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴀғғʟᴀᴛᴜs ᴀᴄᴛɪᴠɪᴛʏ #1

Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:16 pm

Image face-claim;; Gaspard Ulliel
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
full name;; Aaron Shay Marleigh meaning;; Aaron // light-bringer ; Shay // hawk-like ; Marleigh // wood clearing age;; twenty gender;; cismale orientation;; demisexual birthdate;; November 25th, 1998 zodiac;; Sagittarius place of birth;; Knaresborough (North Yorkshire), England ethnical background;; Cornish, English & Irish occupation;; technician

height;; 5'11" (180 cm) weight;; 150 lbs (68 kg) hair;; dark brown eyes;; bright blue build;; athletic and fit, he is rather well-built for his age and had applied to become a part of the scouting legion before tattoos;; left inner wrist ; side

personality;; a friendly, loud and rather naive young man, Aaron is often considered to be an immature, happy-go-lucky individual. He's always prepared to make others laugh, rarely ever seen with a frown on his lips and with no song in his heart. Few people ever take him seriously, yet, Aaron doesn't give up from trying to make others see him in a different light, even if such an attitude often causes more trouble than it does good. He yearns to be valued and offer more than jokes and stories to his people; he wants to make a difference in battling whatever monsters the nuclear fallout has created, even if it means being locked up in his workshop for days without a break. He wants to be useful.

sector;; he belongs to the industrial sector and is one of the few inventors working on items and equipment meant to battle the radiation lingering outside. His job is dangerous because of the experiments he has to complete daily.

Hidden text.
BRIEF HISTORY:
xxxxxxborn in a small town in North Yorkshire, Aaron was only three years old when the nuclear fallout took place around the world;
xxxxxxdue to their hometown's size, only a few people were allowed to get into the bunkers and his father ended up sacrificing himself;
xxxxxxeven though Aaron and his mother survived the initial disaster, his remaining family soon passed away because of radiation;
xxxxxxhe grew up as an orphan, looked over by quite a few people and eventually began training as a future invertor for his intelligence;
xxxxxxAaron is now working in a different location over in France and is helping create equipment for their military sector and forces.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴀғғʟᴀᴛᴜs ᴀᴄᴛɪᴠɪᴛʏ #2

Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:46 pm

Image face-claim;; Anna Christine Speckhart
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
full name;; Elvire Mélanie Sauveterre meaning;; Elvire // foreign truth ; Mélanie // black, dark ; Sauveterre // safe land age;; twenty-seven gender;; cisfemale orientation;; asexual birthdate;; January 11th, 1992 zodiac;; Capricorn place of birth;; Ribeauvillé, France ethnical background;; Basque, French & Occitan occupation;; part of the military forces

height;; 5'9" (175 cm) weight;; 116 lbs (53 kg) hair;; black eyes;; pale green build;; graceful and lanky, rather slender for her height, fit and has a predatory feel to her movements tattoos;; left forearm ; right thigh scars;; a few facial ones

personality;; a rebellious, stubborn youth, Elvire has always been known as a troublemaker. Easy to irritate and bitter in nature, she is not the most pleasurable of women, opting to establish her dominance immediately after meeting a newcomer. Known as a decent fighter, Elvire has taken up the position of a guardian and mentor to those she deems worthy of her training. She's often described to be selfish and ignorant, choosing to do everything by herself instead of relying on others. Elvire is troublesome, often unable to keep herself from crossing the line. And while this should be enough to kick her out from the sector or her community, her prowess in battle has secured Elvire's position.

sector;; she is a part of France's military sector and is often praised for her skills in the battlefield as one of its main snipers. Though, if it's required by her superiors, Elvire isn't a stranger to carrying out scouting missions, too.

Hidden text.
BRIEF HISTORY:
xxxxxxborn to a single mother living in north-eastern France, Elvire was almost ten years old when the nuclear fallout happened;
xxxxxxshe and her father moved to one of Ribeauvillé's bunkers where her father enlisted together with the military unit for support;
xxxxxxafter reaching the required age, she began training as a scout and later was taught how to use the most common of firearms;
xxxxxxshe is nowadays serving either alone as a hidden sniper on the field or goes out on missions to retrieve supplies for others;
xxxxxxElvire has been assigned as one of the testers for prototypes built by the technician Aaron Marleigh, sent by Britain's forces.
n0mad
Orange Belt
House: Vipera

AS Afflatus 24 // Member Interview

Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:05 pm

Well currently I am in the Canadian Armed Forces, the Navy more specifically. It is good money and experience but what I really want to do it work with children. Which is why I volunteer for Big Brothers Big Sisters.
      1967 Chevrolet Impala. Yes, Deans car from supernatural. It has been my dream car since I was eleven. Still is. Even though now as a semi-functioning adult I see that it would be horrible on gas and have terrible mileage.
      Sure, one day. Not a big ceremony, and maybe not even legally or through the system. I believe in the more traditional style where it is among family and friends. No $10,000 wedding for me, I'd prefer a simple BBQ in my backyard and reading of vows.
      No beans are the best beans. Unless we are counting jelly beans.
      Yes, not in a long time though. My dad used to take me when he and I would go on our annual canoe trips on my birthday.
      Tonnes. Marvel posters, Doctor Who and Anime posters, naked woman posters, and I went through a directioner phase where I bought every teen mag possible and hung the posters from them all over my wall. At one point my entire room was covered in the faces of One Direction.
      Yes, more specifically, certain worlds. Like Full Metal Alchemist and Naruto, Avatar: the Last Air bender, Pirates of the Caribbean, dystopian themes and probably a lot more. I do have a few characters that I've had for doing on 13 years now who I still imagine daily.
      I'm not even sure anymore. My grandpa's house on Christmas day. The smells, his voice, the family. Everything being normal and easy for one single day. I would give anything to have him and my mom back.
      Bonfire smell. My grandparents lived a trailer part for the warms season before travelling down to Florida for the cold ones. Snow birds they were called. Camping was something I did every summer and it's nice to remember back to those days where we would roast marshmallows around a fire and my grandpa would put his false teeth in my orange juice.
      If I wake up for it, the early summer morning. The smell of the dew and temperature is something I live for, however I always sleep in and see it rarely. So definitely night time where I can go to bed..
      Dystopian.
      I haven't read anything recently to be honest, it's been hard to commit and concentrate.. but one of my all time favorite dystopian series is The Darkest Minds Trilogy by Alexandra Bracken.
      Dirty Dancing. (Does Titanic count as classic?)
      "I wanna stay home today, I don't wanna wanna go out" Stay Home by Self (From the Shrek soundtrack)