AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty-Five

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.
House: Halcyon

AS Afflatus 25 Member Interview

Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:38 am

1. What is your favorite color?
Purple, hands down.

2. What was your favorite vacation?
Houseboat in Kentucky.

3. What is your favorite music?
Anime, or some romance, or rock I guess.

4. What is your favorite scent?
Honey or rose.

5. Do you have a favorite dessert?
Hmm...ice cream cake.

6. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas

7. What’s your favorite line from a fictional character?
i don’t even remember...dang it. Oh, wait! Maybe “Always.” which was actually said by two different characters.

8. What’s your favorite writing spot?
Idk, couch probably.

9. What’s your favorite reading spot?
Couch or room.

10. What’s your favorite genre to write?
Fandom stuff, and animals.

11. What’s your least favorite genre to write?
Gore...if that is one. or Murder.

12. What is your favorite memory?
Volunteering the first time, or getting my cat.

13. What is your favorite animal?
Wolves, then foxes.

14. What is your least favorite sound?
Nails on a chalkboard...

15. Who is your favorite author?
Joey Graceffa.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

AS Afflatus 25 Character Interview One

Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:44 am

Jessica (from Durarara)
1. How would your character feel about babysitting?
Maybe not...she has two kids (at some point in the timeline), though.

2. If your character had the chance to take the place of any character in a book, who would it be?
A Kitsune in some manga.

3. What does your character aspire to be?
Already is a volunteer at a fox place.

4. What are your character’s goals for the future?
To get an anxiety help/relief dog.

5. How does your character handle resolutions?
Pretty well.

6. What is your character afraid of?
Bees...it’s a phobia.

7. What is your character reluctant to tell people?
That she has two men, but they usually show up so people find out anyway.

8. What is your character’s major flaws?
Not thinking she’s pretty...Eating too much sweet stuff at times.

9. How does your character handle confrontation?
Not well...She hates it, but she has Izaya and Namie.

10. What is something your character can’t stand?
Bees...and Nails on a chalkboard, and extreme heat.

11. Who is someone your character can’t stand?
Pfft. idk, evil peoples.

12. Does your character have any allergies? Are they life threatening?
Eggs, milk is just an intolerance, certain antibiotics or meds. Eggs are life threatening.

13. Is your character religious? What religion? How strictly do they follow it?
Yes; Christian; for the most part she follows it, but not strictly.

14. If your character could redo a moment, what would that be?
Really, nothing.

15. How does your character show their significant other affection? Their friends?
Cuddles, hugs, kisses on the cheek, nuzzles; hugs, that’s really all for friends.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt

AS Afflatus 25 Prompt

Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:46 am

(ugh, can’t do it...)
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt

AS Afflatus 25 Character Interview Two

Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:48 am

Edmund (from 1x1)
1. How would your character feel about babysitting?
He wouldn’t mind at all, as he has two adopted kids already.

2. If your character had the chance to take the place of any character in a book, who would it be?
Maybe...idk, can’t think right now...

3. What does your character aspire to be?
Nothing, he has his dream life and job.

4. What are your character’s goals for the future?
Get a dog for himself and Jonathan, as Badger the pup belongs to the kids.

5. How does your character handle resolutions?
Rather well, and he sticks to them.

6. What is your character afraid of?
Losing his family...

7. What is your character reluctant to tell people?
Nothing at all.

8. What is your character’s major flaws?
Haven’t thought of it.

9. How does your character handle confrontation?
He doesn’t like it...but he tells people off, especially if it involves his family.

10. What is something your character can’t stand?
Nails on a chalkboard...

11. Who is someone your character can’t stand?
Well, there was a girl from high school...

12. Does your character have any allergies? Are they life threatening?
Nope.

13. Is your character religious? What religion? How strictly do they follow it?
Christian. In a way. Not strictly, since he’s bisexual.

14. If your character could redo a moment, what would that be?
Not talking to that girl in high school...

15. How does your character show their significant other affection? Their friends?
Hugs, kisses, cuddles, other things (*wink*); Hugs for friends.
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
important
Global Moderator

member questionnaire activity

Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:47 am

• 1. what is your favourite colour? orange!! i really like the darker oranges rather than the bright stuff
      2. what was your favourite vacation? going to the roman baths with emily <3
      3. what is your favourite music? alt rock/heavy rock
      4. what is your favourite scent? mint/spearmint. and cinnamon! warm smells
      5. do you have a favourite dessert? anything mint, tbh. weak spot for soft cookies
      6. what is your favourite holiday? halloween!!!!!
      7. what’s your favourite line from a fictional character? "what is better -- to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" paarthurnax! (aka if you killed him we can't be friends)
      8. what’s your favourite writing spot? on the couch
      9. what’s your favourite reading spot? couch, though i don't do much reading anymore
      10. what’s your favourite genre to write? fantasy! especially based around TES
      11. what’s your least favourite genre to write? uhhh i don't like those "slice of life" things. :/
      12. what is your favourite memory? the entire almost 2 years that emily's been mine (not accounting for the years we were friends bc those were some of the worst years of my life not due to her)
      13. what is your favourite animal? i love bears! all of 'em! grizzly bears, black bears, polar bears! they're all big fluffy babeys
      14. what is your least favourite sound? uhhhh the only one i can name off the top of my head is the fuckin ice spike sound bc we were talking abt it yesterday and i hate it
      15. who is your favourite author? reminding me i gotta read my trigger warnings book but ): neil gaiman and uhh sarah j maas
sylver
Attendant

member interview

Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:06 am

• 1. What is your favorite color?
      blood red, burgundy, or tyrian purple

probably my graduation trip to italy (cattolica)

edm, pop, alternative/indie… i’m fond of most stuff that isn’t country, metal, or jazz tbh

i have too many. i really love pine trees though. also, the scent of bird feathers. and the scent of a sun-warmed dog

chocolate pudding, vanilla ice cream, or tiramisu

christmas

"no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world." john keating - dead poets society

either at my desk while sitting in front of my desktop, or laying in my bed

in my bed. in the garden too, if the weather is nice, but not hot

fantasy. i also love dipping into humour and horror. and, of course, LGBT fiction. is angst a genre too?

probably modern slice of life? i have to really be in the mood to write that kinda stuff for it to be any kind of fun

getting my dog nine year ago

birds. all of the birds. big birds, small birds. common birds, rare birds. simple-looking birds, fancy birds. though, if I have to pick one specific type of bird, i usually go with penguins. peacocks are cool too. pigeons. ravens. B I R D S

screaming and crying babies. it only takes five seconds at best for me to start boiling with anger when i’m stuck around them. i know it’s not their fault exactly, they can’t say what’s wrong, but i just,,, hate that noise so much

oscar wilde & c. s. pacat. recently, i’ve also been looking into reading more of neil gaiman’s stuff as well
important
Global Moderator

character interview one -- leleea

Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:20 am

spacing
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
    • 1. how would your character feel about babysitting? leleea doesn't like children, and if anything, is a bit wary around them. she doesn't wish to have any of her own, either.
      2. if your character had the chance to take the place of any character in a book, who would it be? i don't think she would, tbh. she's not really the "god i wish that were me" type.
      3. what does your character aspire to be? as bad as it sounds, leleea's ultimate wish is to just be a good person.
      4. what are your character’s goals for the future? she doesn't really plan ahead like that, just takes life one day at a time. she makes it through the day? great, then the next one will come.
      5. how does your character handle resolutions? after working a job, especially a big one, she's often faced with a pit in her stomach and an hollow feeling in her chest. the resolution never feels good, happy, or justified to her. she feels as though she didn't do enough.
      6. what is your character afraid of? tangible things? not much. intangible, however? quite a lot. she's terrified of losing someone, abandonment, and getting too close to people. it's a hard balance, hating the idea of losing a person yet also not wanting them to get too close to her.
      7. what is your character reluctant to tell people? just about anything pertaining to her personal life.
      8. what is your character’s major flaws? she's extremely irrational, quick to anger, and very distrusting of others.
      9. how does your character handle confrontation? leleea always bites back, and isn't afraid to lay out the line.
      10. what is something your character can’t stand? dishonesty. she wants to know the full story, and believes that those who don't "tell the full truth" are lying just the same. she also can't stand people who are "stuck in their ways".
      11. who is someone your character can’t stand? her parents. her sister, as well, but less so over the years.
      12. does your character have any allergies? are they life threatening? no, she doesn't.
      13. is your character religious? what religion? how strictly do they follow it? yes and no. as she is apart of the dark brotherhood, her organisation as a whole worships sithis. though she does follow the tenets and enact kills in his name, she is not wholly devout to him like most others.
      14. if your character could redo a moment, what would that be? if given the option, she'd consider redoing the event that caused her exile from summerset, but given thought, she'd change her mind and wouldn't go back and change a single thing for the world.
      15. how does your character show their significant other affection? their friends? leleea isn't really the affectionate type, and is terrified of allowing herself to get too close to people. her version of affection is mostly sarcastic banter and hidden (good) intentions.
Gamora
Black Belt

Member Interview

Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:38 pm

• 1. What is your favorite color? purple. always has been. also gamora green though because of course.
      2. What was your favorite vacation? oof. every vacation I love and cherish for different reasons. but probably the trip to florida, my first time out of the country, with my parents and best friend and her parents. we were young but I remember so much of it, plus we went to disney and universal too. though like I said, I cherish every trip for different reasons.
      3. What is your favorite music? everything pretty much. I have such a mix. oldies, guardians soundtracks (captain marvel and endgame too, basically just older music tbh), mumford and sons, great big sea, my old emo music from junior high, just a mix of everything. though maritime music holds a special place in my heart and always will.
      4. What is your favorite scent? the strawberry body wash I have. I love it.
      5. Do you have a favorite dessert? cheesecake probably. i'm not a huge dessert person though.
      6. What is your favorite holiday? christmas!!! 175 days!!!
      7. What’s your favorite line from a fictional character? this is like asking me to pick a favourite child wth. "its just some unspoken thing" for obvious reasons. but tbh the entire perks of being a wallflower book and movie: "we accept the love we think we deserve", "I am both happy and sad at the same time, and i'm still trying to figure out how that could be", and "this one moment when you know you’re not a sad story. you are alive. and you stand up and see the lights on the buildings and everything that makes you wonder. and you’re listening to that song, and that drive with the people who you love most in this world. and in this moment, I swear, we are infinite.” stephen chbosky I love you man.
      8. What’s your favorite writing spot? in my bed tbh. its quiet and comfy. I like writing on the couch downstairs with autumn though too. or in the basement where I can be a gremlin and avoid the sunlight and just write my posts lol.
      9. What’s your favorite reading spot? I don't read anymore sadly. but probably bed too. or on the beach.
      10. What’s your favorite genre to write? fandoms and scifi/fantasy.
      11. What’s your least favorite genre to write? slice of life kind of stuff usually. I get bored, and I like angst lol.
      12. What is your favorite memory? first time I ever saw guardians of the galaxy. I have others but that's the first thing that comes to mind.
      13. What is your favorite animal? cats. and horses and dogs.
      14. What is your least favorite sound? any loud noises really. crinkling plastic or bones, other than fingers, cracking too.
      15. Who is your favorite author? stephen chbosky and john green probably. but its been a hot second since i've read anything so idk.
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐
      i'm just your average marvel nerd & starmora
      enthusiast. replies will be slow for the next
      month or so, but i'm still around, I promise.
      julienuhhhroomienerdstorage

└────────────────────┘

Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ

Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:00 pm

━━ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴ, ━━-━━━━━━━
━━━━━━-━━-━ ʟᴏsᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜɴᴅᴀɴᴇ ━━
  • What is your favourite colour? I'm a fan of dark colours. My absolute favourite is black, but I'm very fond of crimson red and white. Various shades of grey are also becoming fast favourites of mine, especially silvery tones. But one look at my wardrobe would easily show that I'm a lover of black. ♥
    What was your favourite vacation? Hmm, probably the time we visited Finland in 2006. Don't get me wrong; I like visiting hotter climates, too, but there was just something about long nights when everything was bright outside and I could drink hot chocolate in the evening because it was cold enough and then eat ice-cream during the day. Plus, we got to see elk and even meet Santa Claus and it was honestly one of the vacations I enjoyed a lot.
    What is your favourite music? I'm a true metalhead. When it comes to choosing between rock and metal, I'm definitely more of a rock-lover, but the umbrella term fits me just fine. I enjoy heavy songs with a lot of meaning, but I listen to classical, a little bit of pop and some styles that just appear out of nowhere, too. But when it comes to favourite bands, I have a soft spot for Nightwish, Within Temptation, Skillet, Black Veil Brides and many others.
    What is your favourite scent? I'm very fond of scents you can find in the woods. Pines, cut trees, wet moss... I like all of that. I like pine the most. :)
    Do you have a favourite dessert? I'm an absolute slut for caramel. Hell, you could give me just a cube of that goodness and I'll be more than happy to participate in a sacrificial ritual if you wanted me to do that. I'm not very fond of eating mainly chocolate-orientated desserts and much more prefer cookies and anything that is fruit-related. But caramel is and always will be one of my best friends in life and something that I enjoy very much.
    What is your favourite holiday? That's a tough one. I'm not exactly a big fan of grand holidays like Christmas, Easter, etc. And we don't celebrate things like Halloween here, either. But two of the holidays that I like a lot is Mardi Gras and Midsummer Day. They're just cosier days for me in general.
    What’s your favourite line from a fictional character? "Get busy living, or get busy dying." It's something that Andy Dufresne, one of the characters from The Shawshank Redemption, said and it just somehow stuck with me. Not only is it a catchy line, but it's also very... fitting, I'd say. I like it.
    What’s your favourite writing spot? Probably where I am right now; at my desk, tapping away at my keyboard with some mineral water nearby. :D
    What’s your favourite reading spot? Either near my computer or curled up in my bed with a nice cup of tea. I also don't really mind reading in a car/bus or while travelling on a plane, as long as no one is disturbing me while I do that. Shout out to that kid who kept bumping my book on the plane.
    What’s your favourite genre to write? Horror, scenes with lots of blood/death/gore, various stories with a lot of angst, etc. I'm also a fan of fantasy and historical stories, so I don't mind writing those, either. I consider myself to be a fairly flexible writer in terms of genres; I know and like a lot. cx
    What’s your least favourite genre to write? Romance. I both suck and dislike it heavily. Romance is most often rushed, not realistic and it is a second-rate plot that I absolutely hate delving into. I'd much rather write pornographic stories without any romance instead of writing something cheesy.
    What is your favourite memory? Oh, this is going to be a funny one. Basically, during my graduation from high school, we were all sitting around and drinking at a fancy place and at around midnight, my current boyfriend came up and 'challenged' me to a drinking competition (and, as sad as it was, I couldn't participate for various reasons), but I guess that's one of the most fun memories I have as of right now. It really doesn't mean I don't value my current memories with him, but that was probably the first time it hit me that we could've been great friends throughout high school. I'm lucky now!
    What is your favourite animal? It's a very difficult choice between owls, snakes or wolves. I mostly associate with owls, so I guess they're my favourite.
    What is your least favourite sound? Someone snoring, chewing loudly or raking their nails across a chalkboard. I have sensitive ears, so louder sounds can upset them easily. But the most annoying sound of them all is... little children. Yelling, crying or even talking just gives me a massive headache as I plot to go on a killing spree of those little demons. There is nothing that can make me angrier faster than a loud, obnoxious child. No kids for me.
    Who is your favourite author? Balys Sruoga! If anyone has the time and can find a translated copy of that book, read Forest of the Gods! It's a pleasure to read; full of irony and sarcasm and will tell you a little bit about my country! My close second is Stephen King, our mighty lord of horror/misery. ♥
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt
House: Vipera

AS Afflatus: Member Interview

Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:06 pm

1. What is your favorite color?
I would say a mix between purple, pink, and blue. Although if you were to look in my closet, you would likely think my favorite color is black.

Honestly it was my only vacation but I spent a week in New York City on a dance scholarship from a convention. We got into Broadway shows, so much shopping, and learned from some of the greatest people there. I'll always remember it.

Depends on my mood. I'm always up for some good beat music, although sometimes I really enjoy those heartfelt, string pulling, songs.

Vanilla.

Honestly anything chocolate and I'll eat it.

Eh, I'm not really into caring about holidays. Maybe Christmas because gifts?

"We can't all come and go by bubble." from Wicked the musical. It was honestly hilarious.

Right here on the computer with my kitties sitting and snoring around me.

My bed.

Normal romancy things.

History probably.

Grandpa letting me drive the pickup when we were out on the dirt roads when I was like seven.

Cats...any kind.

Ugh, nails on a chalkboard or anything like that. No....

Oh man I have so many favorites. I mean, I don't think I can really just pick one because I enjoy all genres of books that I will literally read anything if it interests me.
xxxx
Imagex News: ......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [][∞]
Snow [] Gamora [X]
Avenoir [] Jerome []
Errickon [] Momo []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx