AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty-Five

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

Gamora
Black Belt
House: Halcyon

Character Interview 1

Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:49 pm

as always, based on this roleplay.
                  1. How would your character feel about babysitting?
                  Considering she basically had to raise Groot on her own, she wouldn't mind it.
                  2. If your character had the chance to take the place of any character in a book, who would it be?
                  She hasn't really read much, but I could imagine her and Peter in some chessy romance novel from Earth probably.
                  3. What does your character aspire to be?
                  "Better than I was and better than I am. I just want to be good."
                  4. What are your character’s goals for the future?
                  Keeping Thanos out the picture is pretty much the biggest goal, despite knowing she'll have to deal with him some day. And staying with the Guardians and in this life with Peter as well.
                  5. How does your character handle resolutions?
                  Depends on who its with. She can keep calm, but has a lack of patience for Peter and the Guardians when they are being idiots.
                  6. What is your character afraid of?
                  "Losing my family. And Thanos."
                  7. What is your character reluctant to tell people?
                  There are a lot of things about her past she doesn't like to share. The Guardians know some of it, but Peter knows the most. And even then, he doesn't know everything.
                  8. What is your character’s major flaws?
                  The fact that she was trained to think and live a certain way. She is stubborn to the point of not bending her ways sometimes, which can cause conflict among those she works with. She is working on it, but it's still hard. She also struggles to show affection public ally, which to her isn't a flaw, but to her boyfriend it is. So she's been working on that too.
                  9. How does your character handle confrontation?
                  "As Peter would say, 'kicking ass and taking names'."
                  10. What is something your character can’t stand?
                  Thanos and his army. Everything else she can deal with. Though there have been instances where Peter almost drove her crazy to the point where she wanted a long vacation from him and the Guardians.
                  11. Who is someone your character can’t stand?
                  As said above, Thanos. And pretty much anybody who is an enemy of the Guardians.
                  12. Does your character have any allergies? Are they life threatening?
                  Nope. Thanks to her modifications, she isn't allergic to anything and never will be.
                  13. Is your character religious? What religion? How strictly do they follow it?
                  Not at all, though she respects those that do practice religion.
                  14. If your character could redo a moment, what would that be?
                  There are a lot of things she did under Thanos that she regrets and would take back, but ultimately, everything lead her to this, to being the happiest she's ever been with the people she loves. So she wouldn't trade anything.
                  15. How does your character show their significant other affection? Their friends?
                  When alone, Gamora is incredibly affectionate towards Peter. Holding his hand, caressing his cheek, running a hand through his hair, kissing him, hugging him, etc. She's more nonchalant about everything in public, but has been working at it to the point where they may hold hands now when walking down the street or sit cuddled up together. Showing affection for her friends, the rest of the Guardians, is mainly just saving their ass and putting up with them. None of them are particularity affectionate themselves, except maybe Groot, who Gamora will hug and care for.
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐
      i'm just your average marvel nerd & starmora
      enthusiast. feel free to pm me about anything.
      still suffering from post-endgame depression.
      julienuhhh100 days of summerstorage

└────────────────────┘

important
Global Moderator

character interview two -- talaada

Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:29 am

spacing
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
    • 1. how would your character feel about babysitting? he wouldn't mind it all too much. talaada seems to have a natural tune for both animals and children, and gets along with both quite well. he's had to babysit the occasional fabricant from time to time, anyways
      2. if your character had the chance to take the place of any character in a book, who would it be? the person that he looks up to the most isn't a book character, though his name does appear in many works of literature: sotha-sil.
      3. what does your character aspire to be? though the organisation itself had been disbanded, talaada still practised and was raised under the ways of the ansei, and given half the chance, he'd pack his things up from the clockwork city and move back to hammerfell. at the moment, though, he is content as a proctor.
      4. what are your character’s goals for the future? as stated above, he'd love to reorganise the swordsingers to keep the flames of tradition burning bright in the hearts of his fellow redguard. for now, he is happy to work in the clockwork city, offering his trades and skills to the community.
      5. how does your character handle resolutions? typically with a sense of relief, giving him a chance to take a moment to catch his breath before moving onto the next "big" thing.
      6. what is your character afraid of? daedra. that's his biggest one, right alongside the undead. neither of which was a problem in the clockwork city, at least, until recently, with the latest shrike problem.
      7. what is your character reluctant to tell people? he likes to consider himself quite humble, and likes to refocus conversations onto the other person, rather than open himself up. though he isn't an open book, given both time and trust, he wouldn't mind telling a person more about his life before he became a proctor.
      8. what is your character’s major flaws? he can be a bit naive at times, though with the best intentions. optimistic yet wary, he carries through life with his head held high yet always ten steps ahead.
      9. how does your character handle confrontation? talaada has a tendency to bow his head to it, allowing things to simply pass over and be what they are meant to become. he is extremely non-confrontational, though when his work calls for it, isn't afraid to exert force.
      11. who is someone your character can’t stand? most, if not all, of the daedric princes. as far as people goes, he's quite easy going and doesn't mind most. he doesn't really hold hatred in his heart.
      12. does your character have any allergies? are they life threatening? no
      13. is your character religious? what religion? how strictly do they follow it? yes. honouring his redguard upbringing even in the far reaches of the clockwork city, talaada worships the gods of the yokudan pantheon, with special focus on tall papa and tu'whacca. he is quite strict with how he follows this, as he is redguard through and through, and will not let his current placement ever dilute who he is.
      14. if your character could redo a moment, what would that be? though talaada isn't one much to regret his choices, given the option to redo a specific event would lead to him wishing to go back to the day he'd first made his way through the clockwork city. before he had ever reached the brass fortress, he'd been attacked by fabricants and factotums alike. this led to him being rushed to the fortress, replacing much of the left side of his body with metal and wires.
      15. how does your character show their significant other affection? their friends? when talaada has grown fond of someone, he isn't afraid to let this show in the appropriate setting. though he is not with anyone at the moment, his affection would be shown through compassion and care, devoting all that he could to the person. with his friends, he's not afraid to exchange banter and jokes, enjoying a night over mead, or even a shared moment in battle.
hyena
Brown Belt
House: Sagacitas

member interview

Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:00 am

• 1. What is your favorite color?
      definitely anything blue! like, everything i own is either blue, black, or grey.

2. What was your favorite vacation?
      that's a hard one, because i feel like every vacation has it's ups and its downs. my trip to rome last summer was really cool! i spent five weeks living in the city and taking classes; one on migrants and one on roman history. we had homework and some papers to write, but it ended up being super cool. also, i don't know if a ten week long trip is really a vacation, but i'm really enjoying my time up here at the research facility! doing cool research with cool people, contributing too and learning some science is always fun.

3. What is your favorite music?
      i can't say that i really have any single favorite music; whether that be by genre or artists. i listen to all sorts of stuff. though i do listen to the pop rock station in the car a lot, so maybe that? i also love folk, score music, and like, most hits from the nineties.

4. What is your favorite scent?
      definitely vanilla. i'm really sensitive to scents, but vanilla is wonderful. fun fact, i hate lavender and don't know how some people find it comforting; but i suspect i might be slightly allergic because the smell is truly bothersome in ways i can't express and no one else understands.

5. Do you have a favorite dessert?
      not necessarily, but i'm a big fan of ice cream with some good toppings?

6. What is your favorite holiday?
      not particularly, unless pride month counts because that's the shit. otherwise, the winter holidays are fun in general.

7. What’s your favorite line from a fictional character?
      god who knows. i do really like 'remember who you are' from the lion king. also, 'the car goes where the eyes go' by enzo from the art of racing in the rain, which i know is a common phrase but it was used to mean like in life, whatever you're expecting is what's going to happen. expect the worse? the worst will happen. best to keep your eyes forward and not behind you.

8. What’s your favorite writing spot?
      i like writing sitting up in my room, or sitting on the couch where i can look out into the forest and watch the bird feeder or just watch the squirrels.

9. What’s your favorite reading spot?
      curled up in my nice chair with a blanket and some soft music, or late at night in bed with just a bit of light.

10. What’s your favorite genre to write?
      fantasy or sci-fi, definitely!

11. What’s your least favorite genre to write?
      i don't know if its technically a genre but high school anything. can't do it, won't do it, not a chance. it bores me.

12. What is your favorite memory?
      god, i have so many memories until someone asks me what my favorite memory is,,, then i forget entirely. the problem is that, when you ask me what my favorite memory is, my brain immediately jumps to the bad ones, you know? which goes entirely against the point. one good one that i think works is, when i was little, we had three big dogs: two german shepherds and a border collie. they'd lay on the carpet with their backs to each other close together, so they'd form a little triangle between them, and that's where i liked to sit. in the middle of three wonderful dogs. people my wonder why i have 0 fear of any animal (aside from spiders, but i'm getting better at that) and it's literally because i learned to bark before i learned to speak. i was raised with three wonderful role model pups, two of which were big german shepherds trained to attack and track. nothing to be scared of when you've befriended the top of the food chain. my dad's dog, cesar, would have done anything to protect me because he was wonderful.

13. What is your favorite animal?
      truly so many. i'm very partial to dogs for the reasons outlined above. i love horses, of course, though my favorite animal in the world is my dumb cat izzy. in terms of other animals, i really love tigers and saber-tooth cats. as for more specific favorites because why not: favorite bird is a cassowary, favorite dino is a kentrasaur, favorite insect is a while-lined sphinx moth, and my favorite skull in my collection is my blesbok, my mole skull, or my coyote. also coyotes in general are just amazing.

14. What is your least favorite sound?
      anything high-pitched and screechy. i'm a bit noise-sensitive at time as i get migraines a lot.

15. Who is your favorite author?
      anthony j martin is an awesome science writer. garth stein wrote my favorite book of all time, the art of racing in the rain. also rick riordan will always be a favorite.

Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ #1

Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:07 pm

──────────────────────────────────────
    Based on this roleplay between me and the lovely (yet, a total dork) Deer

"The most sublime act is to set another before you." -- William Blake

How would your character feel about babysitting? He'd be rather indifferent about that. While Lance isn't the biggest fan of kids, he doesn't mind being around them; some people even see him as quite good when it comes to dealing with the brattiest of children. And even though it wouldn't be his first choice as a good way to spend his free time, he's probably one of the most reliable people that can be picked out as good babysitters.
    If your character had the chance to take the place of any character in a book, who would it be? I keep imagining him as Winston Smith from Nineteen Eighty-Four; a lonely and quiet rebel on a desperate search for the truth. While Lance is a bit more forceful in proclaiming his beliefs when it comes to the way Daniel's father runs his gang, he still fits the role quite well. They are unsatisfied with the world around them, want to actively work against the current order and even though the actual character from the novel is terrified of punishment, Lance isn't too keen on being hurt, either.
    What does your character aspire to be? He wants to become better; both as a person and at what he does for a living. And even though settling down with a family isn't someone he sees in his future, Lance yearns to put a bit of distance between himself and the gang he's currently with. He would love to keep in touch with the few people he has grown to love, but they wouldn't be an obstacle to moving away and leaving this life behind.
    What are your character’s goals for the future? While not the most believable of goals, Lance would like to search for his and Faye's father. It's the only member of their family who connects the two siblings together and also knows his way around the illegal part of London quite well. Apart from that, it isn't a massive secret that he would like to do something in connection with music, given that there's very little time for that right now.
    How does your character handle resolutions? Lance is someone who never goes against his word. If he promises something, it will certainly get done, no matter the consequences. Because of this, however, he is not keen on throwing promises left and right. Only those he deems worthy of his respect and effort can expect Lance to keep his end of the bargain; because the man is hesitant to lie to other people, it's much more realistic to expect him to turn down an offer instead of lie and conveniently forget what he had promised. Though, he is definitely a trustworthy man of his word.
    What is your character afraid of? He doesn't really have any of the usual phobias. The fear of losing the family he has left could be titled as a constant thought in the back of his mind, but while he's not prepared for that to happen, Lance does understand that it might just be inevitable.
    What is your character reluctant to tell people? He's not a big fan of sharing anything in regards to his personal life, be it his sexual preferences or the bitter story about his past as a hooligan roaming London's streets. It's quite hard for Lance to open up about many personal things, especially anything that concerns his ex-lover, who has been more than quite abusive towards him. Like most men, he really doesn't want to appear weak.
    What are your character’s major flaws? Lance is often unhappy if he doesn't have some sort of authority in regards to the gang's various missions and heists. As the leader's right gang, he oversees a lot of the things that go on inside of their base and it can be quite difficult for him to accept that not all members will harbour the same amount of respect towards his experience. And even though it's rare for him to throw fits about it, it's not uncommon for Lance to become snappy and irritated when things don't go his way because of someone's incompetence. Apart from having this air of dominance, he's known to be somewhat too competitive when it comes to the higher-ranked people inside of the gang, not known as a stranger to their boxing ring if there's a problem to solve. Lance can be considered as a man who worries about being forgotten if he's viewed as incompetent.
    How does your character handle confrontation? While not a fan of immediately using violence, Lance isn't a stranger to it. He's often seen as a kind of a mediator, more used to talking things out before throwing punches to whoever has wronged him. If he can solve things without harming others in his vicinity physically, he's going to choose that way. Lance is also not the person to nag about his issues, so he's not a tattletale, either.
    What is something your character can’t stand? The usual pet peeves are something that grinds his gears in all the wrong ways. People chewing loudly or gossiping about trivial issues can make him irritated rather quickly, simply because he's not fond of sharing the secret of others or being exposed to noises that could be avoided. Lance especially can't stand it when people are dishonest or are 'unable' to change their toxic habits.
    Who is someone your character can’t stand? His ex-lover, Francis. That man has been abusive both physically and mentally towards Lance, especially in their younger years. And while he can't find enough reason to find his abuser now and set things right, he can't think about Francis without a sudden need to punch a wall overtaking his body. Even the chance of meeting him somewhere is truly enough to make Lance turn violent.
    Does your character have any allergies? Are they life threatening? He used to be allergic to shellfish and peanuts during his youth but has since grown out of them. They were never major enough to threaten his life and the worst outcome he would get in the past was itchy red rashes.
    Is your character religious? What religion? How strictly do they follow it? In spite of his mother being a fairly religious person and a devout follower of Christianity, Lance never found enough reason to be anything else apart from an atheist. He follows in his own beliefs and has a rather powerful moral compass that is enough to keep him from becoming 'evil' or unusually unfair to others. He doesn't mind others being religious, though.
    If your character could redo a moment, what would that be? Even though Lance tells himself he doesn't mind not having any contact with his family, a nagging feeling inside of him keeps telling the man that his relationship with his mother could still be mended if he hadn't come out to her in the worst possible way; by being caught in the same bed with another boy. Even if he doubts that it would put a stop to her abusive attitude or unexplained wish to purge everything that goes against Christianity inside of their home, he wouldn't mind having a civil relationship with his mother.
    How does your character show their significant other affection? Their friends? He prefers smaller gestures of kindness and affection instead of proclaiming his undying love aloud. Lance will often press a kiss to his half-sister's forehead, embrace her or Serena when either of the two needs a bit of reassurance and simply be there for those that need his presence; he's not an outspoken and overly emotional person and prefers to reveal that he cares gently and without causing too big of a scene. He does know how to use his words to make someone feel like they matter to him.
empty.
Orange Belt

member interview.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:51 am

1. What is your favorite color?
purple
going to the beach
depressed rapping atm
vanilla.
yes, cake. preferably vanilla cake.
Christmas or Halloween
“You cannot live with a paw in each world.” - erin hunter
at the cafe with my doggo
couch or bed
romance all the way
action like superheros
the first time i got my dog. i tried for three years
to convince my mother for my own dog and now
she is the best thing to happen to me.

dog or guinea pig. can't choose, haha
the whistle some people have when they speak. my dad sometimes does it
erin hunter was for the longest time but i believe sarah dessen is now.
sylver
Attendant

character interview / calladin

Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:01 pm

x
─────── ⋙ "In times of war, the law falls silent." ⋘ ───────
  • x
    1. How would your character feel about babysitting?
    Calladin absolutely loves kids and he would be overjoyed if anyone were to ask him to watch over theirs. However, at the same time, it would stress him out a lot. He’s already a very high-strung person in general, so if you handed him a helpless baby or a little child and told him to watch over it, he’d be on edge and afraid that something could happen to them if he doesn’t keep an eye on them 24/7. You could be 100% certain that your child wouldn’t have even a small scratch by the time you get them back, but Calladin will probably be half-dead by the end of it.

2. If your character had the chance to take the place of any character in a book, who would it be?
    I don’t think he would want to take the place of any book characters, no matter how much he sometimes wants to get away from everything. His life isn’t perfect, but he isn’t willing to give up on it completely.

He most aspires to be someone that people can be proud of and look up to. He wants to be a good son that his father is proud of. He wants to be the kind of person his people in general can be proud of. He wants to be a good father that his kids can be proud of. A good brother to his siblings. A good friend to his friends. Christ, just give the man some praise already please, he’s dying for it.

Honestly, two of his biggest goals conflict each other, namely his goal to avoid getting married for as long as possible, and his goal to have at least two kids, possibly more, so he can raise them and watch them grow up. Apart from that, he also hopes to possibly travel around more – for reasons other than war, because you can’t exactly enjoy new sights when you’re actively at war with the country you’re in. Another goal of his is to breed horses someday, but that isn’t at the top of his future goals.

If you mean resolutions as in the firm decision definition, he handles them well. He sticks to them, and determinedly follows them until the end. If you mean the definition of solving a problem/issue, he tends to feel relief once something that has been occupying his mind has been successfully dealt with. However, there’s also always a part of him that immediately starts looking for something else to focus on, because he can’t stand not having something to work on and fuss over.

Disappointing his family, going blind, not being in control of his body (regardless of whether it’s caused by intoxication with alcohol/drugs, or something else) and snakes.

He’s reluctant to talk about most personal things that go beyond polite and casual small talk, but he’s especially reluctant to talk about his own feelings, or about his sexuality. He also doesn’t like talking about problems he has, even if he struggles with them a lot, because they might offer to help and that’s clearly just not acceptable.

His unwillingness to show emotions and open up to others (though I guess it’s really less about him not wanting to confide in people and more about him being afraid to let others in). The fact that he cares way too much about the opinions of others, which cause him to lie to himself about his own feelings to avoid negative repercussions for him and his family.

Calladin tends to handle confrontations in a very cold, matter-of-fact kind of way. He doesn’t like bringing any kind of emotions into arguments, and usually relies heavily on logic, laws and traditionally accepted morals to guide him through them. While he tends to stand his ground firmly, if the other person in the confrontation delivers good arguments that are also not influenced by their own emotions and opinions, he isn’t the type to stubbornly stick to his point of view either.

It’s a bit different when it comes to confrontations about certain topics though. If you walked up to him and told him “I think you’re gay”, he’d just jump from flustered, to angry, to gay panic TM within a few seconds and snap at you before fleeing from the confrontation as soon as possible.

And, of course, if he’s in a confrontation with someone he’s close to and they manage to piss him off enough, he is surprisingly emotional and there is a very high chance he’s going to get super emotionally invested and yell.

Untidy work and living environments. Even if it’s just a single piece of paper that’s left on his work desk, or if a single flower petal from a bouquet fell on the floor, he’s going to lose his mind over it and rush to get rid of the offending objects. And dust? Oh boy, if he finds so much as a single speck of dust anywhere, his day is ruined.

He can’t stand 99% of the people he interacts with regularly, because they’re all fake and pretentious rich elf bastards. Not that he isn’t one himself, but he’s mostly just fake straight TM and fake calm TM to cover up the fact he’s a big gay with high-functioning anxiety, so I feel like it’s at least somewhat different.

He doesn’t have any allergies. One might assume that he’s lactose intolerant because he doesn’t drink milk, but he just doesn’t like it.

He is religious to a certain extent, but not a devoted worshipper of any gods/deities. He believes in the gods that his people tend to believe in and, if he’s in a particularly dark spot, he’ll pray to them and his ancestors, but he doesn’t go out of his way to celebrate religious holidays and doesn’t attend religious gatherings a lot. Don’t ask me what his religion is called, I have a rough idea of it, but no name orz

He wouldn’t. Redoing one moment could make that moment better, but who is to say a lot of other moments wouldn’t be made that much worse? Regrets don’t feel good, but he would much rather deal with those than risk creating new, worse regrets in the process of fixing a single one.

15. How does your character show their significant other affection? Their friends?
    Calladin isn’t a very physically affectionate person, especially not in public. Chances are that it’ll mostly be subtle signs – actively seeking out their company, turning to face them more in conversations and standing a bit closer to them than he usually does, (unconsciously) offering small, genuine smiles to them, glancing at them from afar whenever possible, asking their opinion on certain things, etc. He'd also fuss over them even more and more openly express annoyance/anger when they get in trouble, or do something he deems to be stupid. In private, he could possibly even be moved to be more open about himself to a certain extent. Those “affectionate gestures” apply to both friends and a possible SO.

As for just the SO, if they were to initiate it in private first, he also wouldn't mind physical signs of affection, even if they make him feel somewhat flustered and awkward.
Deer
Silver Belt

Meet me -- Member Interview

Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:43 pm

• 1. What is your favorite color?
            My favorite color is green. It is funny because over the course of years it has changed. As a kid, I really liked yellow. Then when I was older, it turned to red. But since 7 or 8 years my favorite color has been green. It makes me think of grass, nature, the forest. And there is such a big spectrum of green that I never get bored with it, lol.

My favorite holiday was Italy, 2015. It was my first holiday with my boyfriend, and also the first time I met Maya in real life. It was really nice to head out and explore a foreign country with my boyfriend, as I had never really been out of The Netherlands with my parents. Just once or twice when I was still a toddler, but that doesn’t really count because I can’t remember.

I am really into EDM lately. I used to be a big fan of Zedd but that has faded a little bit. But listening to artists like Armin van Buuren (even if it is a bit more trance), Hardwell, Tiesto, Lucas and Steve etc makes me really happy.

I inherited the wooden cigar jar from my grandpa when he passed over a decade ago. I put a cigar in there to have the wood still smell like it. It reminds me of my grandpa and makes me feel real nostalgic.

Oh, this is a tough one. I really like tiramisu, but my dessert taste really does differ throughout the year. Basically anything with chocolate is good to me.

Hmm, I think it may be Christmas. But only because that is the only holiday we ever really celebrate? It used to be Sinterklaas back when I was little, which is basically the Dutch form of Christmas. But now I am not really celebrating that anymore.

At the moment I have two lines I really like. The first one I got from Paper Towns by John Green, and while the main character doesn’t really say it, it is present in his thoughts:
            “It is so hard to leave – until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.”
            I like it because it reminds me that even if things can be hard and difficult to set into motion, but they will become easier once you overcame that fear.

The second one is said by Leonard Snart, also known as Captain Cold from the DC Universe:
            “1. Think of a plan. 2. Execute the plan. 3. Expect the plan to go wrong. 4. Throw away the plan.”
            Even the best plans can still go wrong, and that is okay.

My favorite writing spot is either while sitting on the couch while having my dog with me, or just sitting at the table in the living room.

Definitely sitting on the couch or sometimes even while being in bed. It depends, honestly. I don’t really have a ‘go-to’ reading spot.

My favorite genre has to be superheroes/gangsters. Basically action.

Hmm, that is a tough one. I think it is apocalyptic because I have never been drawn to such kind of roleplays and/or writing.

Helping my grandpa when I was little to stuff his cigar jar – I would always push in one too many which he would then ask for to smoke immediately so I wouldn’t crush all the cigars.

Hah, that you even wonder c; My favorite animals are all deerlike animals, and zebras.

Definitely sounds of nails on a chalkboard or any sounds that are similar to that. They just make me flinch and feel uncomfortable for minutes afterwards.

I don’t really read enough to have a favorite author. I have to say that I really liked Paper Towns so if I really had to pick, it would be John Green at the moment.

hyena
Brown Belt
House: Sagacitas

character interview || warren maxwell

Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:44 am

• 1. How would your character feel about babysitting?
      Warren has ever and will only ever babysit one child, his adopted brother Troy. Any other chilren are not his problem and he has no interest in dealing with them.

I don't think that Warren would choose anything of the sort. He's a realist, desperately tied to the world where he finds himself. He wouldn't want to deal with anyone else's trouble, not when he has spent his whole life trying to understand the crazy world in which he resides.

Warren aspires to be the best thief and mentor in the land. He's already a skilled thief, but he knows that honor among the other thieves is the best asset he has. He also wished to give Troy the best future by being both the best mentor and best thief so he is taken care of forever.

Warren wishes to train Troy the best he possibly can, so that when Troy is old enough he can be an independent and successful thief, without the need for his help or guidance. He also wishes to remain with Hunter and find some way to protect both him and Troy, even though that is likely impossible given the world they live in.

Mostly with his knives. He is a problem solver, but these skills do not extend to people. For dealing with people, threat and violence is the only tool he really knows.

Warren spent much of his life alone, but has found a family once again in Hunter and Troy. His greatest fear is not being able to protect them; losing them and ending up alone once again.

Warren is most reluctant to share his feelings with others. His emotions are his greatest secret, and he fears sharing them with anyone, especially his rage. He is afraid that if others knew the extent of his rage, it would drive them away.

Warren's pride is a major flaw. He believes he can solve any problem on his own, without any help from others. He has not yet realized that no one has this power. He is also unwilling to trust others with anything, preferring to take care of things himself than to allow others in.

With his knives. Warren is a simple man.

Warren cannot stand wealth. Opulence and greed are his least favorite traits in the world.

Honestly, every single person who isn't Hunter or Troy. But especially the royals.

Warren is allergic to lavender. It isn't life-threatening, but he can't stand to be around it.

Warren is not religious. He believes that, if there is some grand creator in the world, they've fucked up to the point where they don't deserve honor.

Warren would go back to the moment of his parents' deaths. Though he knows in his heart that he could not have changed the outcome, he would give anything in the world to be able to try.

Warren finds it difficult to show affection. He struggles to express emotion, making affection a difficult thing for him to show even if he does feel it. With Hunter, he has learned that the smuggler will understand even if he can't make it clear, though he tries through kind words and compliments. With Troy he works hard to be vocal about it. Though this is still something he is learning, he tried to make up for it with small gifts, trying to anticipate the boy's needs and be ready.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ #2

Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:09 pm

──────────────────────────────────────
    Based on this roleplay between me and the lovely (a total dork, still) Deer

"There is hope, even if your brain tells you there isn't." -- John Green

How would your character feel about babysitting? She's definitely not too fond of kids. While quite a few of her good friends yearn to settle down with a family of their own, Faye doesn't really have any wishes to procreate and fill up their planet more than it already is. She dislikes having to spend most of her time near children and while she would never openly badmouth them or do anything else that may cause a fit, she's not a good babysitter.
    If your character had the chance to take the place of any character in a book, who would it be? She kind of fits the image of Josephine March from an intriguing novel called Little Women; a very boyish and willful girl, often facing struggles in containing her fiery attitude and stubborn personality. She's also quite artistic, even if it does not show as often as back when Faye used to be in high school. While not an avid musician like her half-brother, Faye has a keen eye for anything related to literature and simply adores losing herself in a good book. Much like Josephine, Faye is independent and fast to reject anything that might influence her decisions. She's also no stranger to acting childish or growing angry when things refuse to go her way.
    What does your character aspire to be? Her freedom is the girl's biggest aspiration. Even though settling down with the person destined to be the love of her life isn't something Faye is capable of doing, she yearns to remain the same as she is now; capable of making her own decisions without basing them on the wishes of other people and knowing when to put her own needs in front of someone else's. She doesn't want to belong to anyone.
    What are your character’s goals for the future? As odd as it is, she would love to continue her studies and enrol back in their local university after she had dropped out a few months prior. Even though a degree in civil law sounds a little ironic for someone who has been in her position, Faye takes after her step-father, who is known to be quite a successful lawyer. Apart from this particular wish, she's not really a person to plan that far ahead.
    How does your character handle resolutions? Faye knows how to lie and she does it well. She's not exactly someone who's going to make one choice and stick to it throughout everything; unlike her half-brother, she refuses to remain completely honest with others and not use their sincerity to her own advantage. If Faye knows that going against her word is going to benefit her or those she cares about, there's quite a fair chance she's going to lie and do something else instead of complete the tasks she was told to do. Faye only ever feels bad for lying when it's done to someone she likes.
    What is your character afraid of? She's afraid of being abandoned. In spite of her independence and wish to remain her own person, Faye doesn't want to be left alone. The thought of being ignored or unloved by those she cares about terrifies her, even if talking about it seems a bit selfish.
    What is your character reluctant to tell people? A secret that very few people know about her; the fact that her identity is a fake one, created to protect the few relatives that she has left from the wrath of those who had already tried to get rid of her mother. Both of the women live under fake names that were thought up not too long after they had moved to London in order to hide from their pursuers. And even though she feels bad for lying to the close friends that she has made over the years, Faye understands well enough that being honest isn't worth endangering her mother and step-father.
    What are your character’s major flaws? As mentioned earlier, she has a fiery attitude and doesn't know how to fully control it. The youth is a firecracker and can become aggressive or cruel in a matter of seconds, defending her friends to the end, even if it means harming innocent people in the process. She's unpredictable and believes in her own abilities a bit too much, rarely hesitating before getting herself into dangerous situations, even if this is for the greater good. Faye is stubborn and rarely listens to other people, deciding for herself that all her plans are flawless and have low chances of going awry; it's not uncommon to see her feel miserable or angered when things go wrong. Her personality is definitely not very easy to deal with as Faye is known to snap even at her friends if she's upset or confused, mostly because she doesn't want to be seen as weak or incapable to other people.
    How does your character handle confrontation? It depends on the type of confrontation. While Faye isn't a great fan of immediately becoming violent, she's also faster to rile up when compared to her half-brother. She does prefer verbal conflicts when compared to physical ones and won't start throwing punches unless she's forced to; if the threats she's receiving are useless or hold no grounds, it's also not overly unusual to see her walk away from a quarrel without doing anything. Given how unpredictable she can be at times, her reaction quite often depends on the situation at hand.
    What is something your character can’t stand? Romance isn't something that Faye likes or finds interesting. She's is a blunt and straightforward youth, who values honesty and doesn't like it when people beat around the bush for too long. Receiving gifts and flowers gives her more embarrassment than joy, mainly because she doesn't know how to react to such gestures of kindness. And while she's not against going on dates, holding hands or any other cute displays of affection, she'd much rather find out about someone's feelings by asking them instead of trying to seduce person, unless Faye is absolutely serious about her intentions and wants to look good in front of whoever she is trying to make her see as someone more than a friend.
    Who is someone your character can’t stand? While not the type to absolutely loathe people for their mistakes or characteristics, Faye finds it difficult to deal with the presence of her best friend's bodyguard, Frank. Her feelings towards him are more based on jealousy instead of actual hatred, mainly fueled by the fact that Serena seems more than quite fond of him and is still searching for ways to make him see her as something more than a friend or someone that he needs to protect. Faye dislikes Frank greatly and would certainly prefer if he wasn't in her life. She doesn't outright hate him.
    Does your character have any allergies? Are they life threatening? Faye has a serious allergy to peanuts. No medication is strong enough to even let her be exposed to them. Eating even the tiniest bit of a peanut would be enough to send her into anaphylactic shock and compromise her health.
    Is your character religious? What religion? How strictly do they follow it? Her family has never been religious. While Faye has taken some interest in the old deities which were worshipped during the times of Ancient Greece, the Roman Empire or some other historical periods, Faye does not feel any need to adapt to a religion of her own and follow it as devoutly as her aunt does. She's completely content with just reading about old religions.
    If your character could redo a moment, what would that be? At this moment, nothing in particular. Faye is pretty happy with her life so far and doesn't see any past event that may have ruined her life. Of course, in the future, there's a high chance she will come to regret confessing the love she feels for her best friend and voicing her hopes of becoming something more than friends. Though, such an outcome depends not on her, but on Serena.
    How does your character show their significant other affection? Their friends? She is a lot more comfortable with using physical actions to show her love to other people when compared to her half-brother. Faye truly doesn't mind hugs or other physical contact when she wants to show someone that she cares about them. She's also a lot more expressive; her eyes speak volumes about the things she's feeling on the inside and Faye is not a stranger to using her body language when it comes to expressing herself. Though, this doesn't happen with people that she's unable to trust or believe.
Tesalong
Purple Belt

Re: AS Afflatus - Issue 25 - Member Interview

Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:00 am

1. What is your favorite color?
Green! That kind of rich, alive leaf green

Probably the trip I took to Italy when I was 13!

Mmm big ??? I like a lot of different music! My favorite song right now is San Francisco by the Mowgli’s

I like the smell of coffee and cinnamon

There’s this ramen shop near where I live, and they sell this really amazing green tea cheesecake with a raspberry drizzle. God what a great dessert

Halloween is pretty rad

Ssssssssshit um. Big shrug

I write a lot on the living room couch !! It’s cozy

I like reading in bed. Warm. Soft.

I really enjoy romance, and anything with fantasy/supernatural elements!

Hmmm maybe historical? It requires a lot of research and isn’t as flexible as some other genres

Oh ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Favorite is a really big word.
One memory I’m very fond of is driving around with my best friend & her boyfriend. We weren’t going anywhere in particular, more just having a fun night drive around town. We were joking around and some dumb joke I made led to us asking our phones “how many lungs does a whale have?”. Mine gave back a little chart that said:
“World population: (data unavailable)
Has lungs: Yes”
My friend was Certain that her phone would give a better, more definitive answer, so she asked. The response? “4 legs.” We died laughing

Cats !! They’re the best. I also really enjoy meerkats, as well as ravens & crows.

Mouth noises. Chewing and/or the sound of someone sucking air through their teeth make me want to break something

Terry Pratchett