AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty-Seven

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

rimbaud
Bronze Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty-Seven

Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:14 pm

1. What is something that is completely normal in your country/culture, but foreigners may find strange?
    Probably how passionate, loud, and affectionate we are?? Pakistanis yell their hearts out, hug everyone, and would make you a part of their family even if they barely know you. Also, we're pretty nosy, everyone will give their two cents about your business and show concern. We're a country of very social extroverts.

2. If you could only say one more sentence before going mute forever, what would you say and who would you say it to?
    I'll tell you now, it's gonna be the worst most annoying pun and/or joke I can probably think of and it'll be on live TV during the Olympics or something, so the whole world can hear it. If I have to go mute, I will go mute with a bang, or y'know, the collective sound of the entire world groaning at the same time?? Music to my ears.

3. What’s something you like to treat yourself to after a long, stressful, and exhausting day?
    Ice cream and music.

4. What’s the very first thing you do after waking up?
    I go pee, I really have to pee whenever I wake up. Like, badly.

5. What’s something you used to hate, but now love?
    .....K-pop. I was an elitist metalhead. But, growth, y'know? (I still love metal/rock don't @ me)

6. What’s something you used to love, but now hate?
    I won't call it hate, but Turkish shows are starting to get super annoying.

7. Describe yourself in three words.
    Witty. Free-spirited. Lively.

8. What's an unpopular opinion that you have?
    Umm, does cats > dogs, count? (even tho I love dogs too just cats more) I'm also vegetarian who advocates for animal rights. Coming back to the role play community, I really think it's time to stop making only white characters and I don't mean one or two poc, be realistic, that's not how the world works. As a person of color, I'm absolutely tired of all the white faves.

9. What is your proudest moment?
    When I graduated salutatorian in my Masters program. Only 0.5% less than the valedictorian.

10. What did you do over the summer?
    I met some really cool people, read, and I listened to a lot of K-pop.

11. What is something that you learned last month?
    I learned a lot about spiritual growth.

12. Looking at both your friends and romantic partners, would you say you have a “type”? What is it?
    I guess I like soft people, especially guys who're soft and cuddly and wear over sized clothes.

13. Which websites do you check daily?
    I don't check any sites daily, unless you count apps, then it's Instagram.

14. What’s the youngest age you’ve been mistaken for? Oldest? How do you feel about this?
    I always get mistaken for a teenager between 16-18. I'm 22. And, I'm not even petite or anything.

15. Looking back on your past self, how much would you agree with the opinions you used to have?
    Not much, I think. I was a really different person as a teenager. In my defense, I didn't really understand myself back then and the world was a whole lot more confusing.
sylver
Attendant
House: Halcyon

member interview

Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:00 am

━━━───━━━━━━━━───━━━━━━──━━━──━━──━━━──━━━───━━━
WE'RE AN ENDLESS STREAM OF CHOICES; WE'RE THE SOFTEST MURMUR OF VOICES.
━━━───━━━━━━━━───━━━━━━──━━━──━──━━━──━━━━───━━━
  • 1. What is something that is completely normal in your country/culture, but foreigners may find strange?
    One thing that comes to mind that German teens aged 16+ can legally purchase "weak" alcohol like beer and wine. Hard liquor is still off-limits until someone becomes a legal adult at 18 though. Also the fact that we more or less have a word for everything - if there isn't a word for something, you just throw words describing it together until you get one, so then we end up having masterpieces like "Betäubungsmittelverschreibungsverordnung", or "Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz".

2. If you could only say one more sentence before going mute forever, what would you say and who would you say it to?
    I'd just record myself saying "I love you" so I can play it whenever I need/want to.

3. What’s something you like to treat yourself to after a long, stressful, and exhausting day?
    An energy drink, a long bath, a walk with my dog, or a long gaming session.

On work days, I usually mute my alarm and then play the dangerous game of "Will I manage to open my eyes back up in five minutes, or will my body jerk me awake with a 'dream' of showing up late to work an hour later and send me flying out of bed and out of the door in 10 minutes?". On days off, I either go back to sleep when it's early/I'm still tired, or I check my phone notifications.

Strong liquor, lmao

YA romance novels unless they've got LGBT+ characters and relationships

Open-minded, sensitive, idealistic

I don't know which of these are unpopular, so I'll drop three here & hope at least one of them is unpopular :)))
    - Pigeons aren't disgusting and filthy, they're cute as fuck and pure beans and I am obligated by my own moral code to come break your kneecaps if you aggressively shoo them away/scare them. Did you know pigeons are usually monogamous? And that they usually just have two babs at a time?? Pure. BEANS.
    - Sparkling water > normal water, don't even @ me, plain water's BORING.
    - Modern music isn't as shit as everyone likes to claim it is. But also, if you think me listening to Cardi B or Iggy Azalea simply because the songs are catchy makes me trash, then so be it.

I still don't know how to answer questions like this. I'm not particularly proud of anything I've achieved in my life. Most "impressive" things didn't matter much to me personally. I suppose graduating as the 4th best student of my business college should be a proud moment? I simply don't feel proud thinking about it because a) I could have done better if I hadn't allowed my mental health to push me into not studying could have won money too smh, b) I grew up being the "gifted, smart and highly talented kid", so now I'm always hyper-focused on the bad/the flaws to the point nothing ever truly fulfills me and makes me feel proud and c) I don't take an interest in accounting, business administration, etc, so I felt more relieved than proud when I was finally done with that .

Worked, slept too much, played video games, got drunk, went swimming a few times. Most importantly, I wasted lots of time doing absolutely nothing. The usual.

That my fear of the future somehow just grows worse with each passing year. :) But also that most people perceive me very differently from how I perceive myself, especially at work, and that I apparently mask my shit mental health, especially my anxiety, very well most of the time.

12. Looking at both your friends and romantic partners, would you say you have a “type”? What is it?
    Not particularly? I like people who aren't superficial, people who are loyal and who don't judge me for being me. But that's to be expected. Physically speaking, I also have a thing for light skin, light and long hair and light eyes tho and 3 out of 4 of the people who are closest to me fit that description, oof.

13. Which websites do you check daily?
    Advanced Scribes & Toyhouse

14. What’s the youngest age you’ve been mistaken for? Oldest? How do you feel about this?
    I sometimes still get asked for my ID for 16+ stuff, so anywhere from 15 to my actual age, 22. People tend to think I'm younger and I don't think I've ever had anyone assume I'm older. It's bothersome when I have to dig out my ID for them to check every damn time, but other than that, I'm not too bothered by it.

15. Looking back on your past self, how much would you agree with the opinions you used to have?
    Not much. Younger me was an even bigger shit show than adult me. I'm glad I've changed - in some ways, at least. I kinda wish I still had a less cynical, purer view of the world as a whole, but I guess that's the weight I have to bear as a traumatized adult, huh.
━━━───━━━━━━━━───━━━━━━──━━──━━━──━━──━━━━───━━━
AND HERE NOW COMES THE SWEET, CORRUPTING REALITY; WHILE NOW I'M FREE, WILL I ONCE CEASE TO BE?
━━━───━━━━━━━━───━━━━━━──━━━──━──━━━──━━━━───━━━
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Issue Twenty-Seven Member interview

Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:24 am

1.What is something that is completely normal in your country/culture, but foreigners may find strange?

There isnt much that springs to mind for me on this. I do try to have a diverse group of friends, colleagues and co workers thing so perhaps thats why? Even literal half of my family is from away and scattered throughout the colonies and beyond so .. the only thing I got is colloquial phrases and terminology which can vary on very small amounts of geography as in different neighborhoods within the same city to across state or provincial lines. If you want a simple example what do you call that transparent plastic stuff we all wrap our food in from time to time? I can think of about six names for it off the top of my head. My favorite is surround wrap but I think that was just one family I knew that all used that name for it. .

2.If you could only say one more sentence before going mute forever, what would you say and who would you say it to?

Right now probably "Just let me sleep?" An unwise use but unless I loose the use if my hands too really cant I just sleep in One Day?

3.What’s something you like to treat yourself to after a long, stressful, and exhausting day?

A cold sweet drink like a slushy, smoothly etc. A new bad habit but it does give me something to look forward to after a short day at two jobs and a 13 day week. Cost more than I earn in tips too.

4.What’s the very first thing you do after waking up?

Groan. Then stand so I can slap my old school alarm clock across the room. This was done so I stopped breaking alarm clocks back in middle school. Ripping them our of the wall and tossing them was more satisfying than snooze.

5.What’s something you used to love, but now hate?

Cable companies and the programming they sell now? Have you ever tried to break up with your cable provider? A actual divorce is probably less messy. And as there are oy 2 providers in my area and I find I hate them both cable will soon be gone for good I thinks. The sad part is they are also the only internet providers too do I have to keep on talking terms with at least on of them. Help me?

6.What’s something you used to hate, but now love?

Cream of broccali soup. I mean I probably shouldn't eat it as broccali can aggravate a minor medical condition but its soo good it is now in my top five soups. Clam.chowder has also climbed the ranks recently so maybe it has more to do with cream than what is in it?

I am tired.

The biggest right now is more contraversial than unpopular. I'm sorry pro Trump folks but I'm not in your camp. He should go back to reality TV when he still wasn't funny. That is probably one of the nicer things I've said in the last few years.

Small things that I probably shouldn't be proud of tbh. Like the time I told a very rude lady I line ahras of me in a fast food place that she must like the taste of spit in her food to shut her down. I knew the store manager and he was torn on how to react to me after when it was my turn to order. In short he enjoyed the result but not exactly my approach to it? The man is the spitting image of the drummer form marianas trench to top it off so his serious face is .. well humorous. The womans son was happy at least as was the person she had been rudely treating before I said something.

A lot of working and very little else except sleep. .. my garden is a mess!

Someone finally taught me how to prep chicken. They were terrible and I had to ask someone else but I still learned it (mostly) after two years of being told it wasn't my job and not to worry about it. I'm sorry I'm.mlre burn than bitter.

People i find intellectually stimulating are the ones i keep around longest I need input and challenges along with clear boundaries along with patient reminders when I loose track of their boundaries.

13.Which websites do you check daily?

This one and a couple game apps on my phone? Oh ! I CBC most days for snippets of news. I hate having zero clue about the world around me.

Most going by looks alone tend to think I'm about ten years younger than I am mostly the oldest guesses are very close to my actual age most recent high guess was off by around 8 months ? I'm okay with that if I got aged up to the extent I get aged down I might be upset though.

15.Looking back on your past self, how much would you agree with the opinions you used to have?

I still hold many of them others have morphed into more flexible ideologies but I'm rather flexable on most things.
trophyboys
Orange Belt
House: Amaranthine

member interview.

Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:52 am

• 1. What is something that is completely normal in your country/culture, but foreigners may find strange?
      i can't really talk about country, but i can sort of tap into culture. i grew up in a neighborhood considered to be very 'ghetto' and 'hood' like and it surprised people all the time how close and tight knit we were. despite the town being absolutely shitty and dangerous, we all came together and helped each other when we needed it. as a matter of fact, i brought this up in my lit class when we were talking about culture, and nobody believed me. americans are pretty weird though and i don't think anything isn't strange about them to foreigners.

i'd probably tell my cats i love them. just being honest here. i don't think i could handle being mute forever, though. i have the tendency to get really quiet when something's bothering me, but i couldn't last more than a couple hours.

i like to unwind with writing, to be honest. i find it really relaxing and it can be actually really therapeutic, i think. to me it's a great outlet to get my frustrations out.

feed my fish, mist my gecko tank, listen to my cat crying for my attention. then i brush my teeth & all that.

am i allowed to say my sexuality? i was never comfortable with who i was and figuring it out had been a process that took me very long to accept. but, now i've never felt more free and am totally comfortable expressing who i am. growing up in a homophobic household, it feels really great to be able to love myself for who i really am, ya know?

driving. when i first got my license and my car, i was so ecstatic. it felt so freeing and i loved being able to take myself anywhere i wanted without having to depend on anyone. however, nobody in my household drives so as of late i feel like i've really turned into a chauffeur. it kind of sucks because i used to love driving so much but i can't even sleep in on my day off without having a list of places to take people.

really fuckin' stupid.

i'm not sure how unpopular this is, but just because someone is older than you doesn't mean that you have to respect them. or that blood ties don't mean family. while i think it's important to be respectful to people, seniority doesn't mean they automatically deserve respect. same thing goes for family. just because they're biologically related to you doesn't mean they'll love you or treat you with respect like the family you make for yourself will.

i'm sure this isn't exactly the type of thing people expect to see on here, but next month will be two years since i finally decided to get my life together and find healthier coping methods instead of being high all the time. i still struggle here and there but everyone does, that's what makes us human, right?

write with jenna a lot. we started quite a few roleplays and i couldn't be more thankful. i love all of them so much and i love her so much, too. she helped my muse return and i'm so thankful for it. i also watched a lot of movies with her and forced her to love now you see me as much as i do. :) you're welcome, jenna.

that it's okay to not be okay all the time. i've struggled with my mental health for years now, but i've been taking steps in the right direction. lots of things have been going wrong irl and i really struggled with the fact that i was suddenly not okay.

oh jesus. i definitely do. as jenna told everyone not too long ago, i really fucking love tall people. standing at a mighty 5'4, it's really not hard to be taller than me, so that probably doesn't count. and it's insanely superficial of me but i absolutely love brown hair and brown eyes. and beards. or if we're being realistic, pale boys with dark hair that look like they hide behind the back of a walmart. whatever, tho. it's ok.

i love all girls tho ok don't @ me for being a fake bisexual

as for my friends, though, i don't think i have a friend type? at least not physical appearance wise. i promise i'm not that shallow. i think that i just click with a person even if they don't act/seem like my other friends, and that's all that matters to me.

here, youtube, my work's portal and i have a terrible habit of staring at my online bank account while i panic about money lmao. if social media counts, i frequently check instagram and reddit, too.

i have the tendency to get mistaken for way younger or way older. in high school as a senior, or even a college freshman, i'd frequently get mistaken for a high school freshman(14-15). at my job, however, i tend to get mistaken as way older. during father's day i had multiple older ladies/men asking me what my kids got me. we did a fundraiser for children and had to wear pins with the children we represented/were collecting for (mine were at least 11+) and quite a few people asked what my childrens names were, what grade they were in, etc. as a 19 year old this terrifies me. i'm either 14 or like 35, who knows!

15.Looking back on your past self, how much would you agree with the opinions you used to have?
      not at all. i was pretty close minded and not really comfortable with myself at all. i was also a train wreck and not in a good head space at all. i was a different person a year ago and a total stranger three years ago. my experiences made me who i am today, and i'm thankful that i've been able to grow as a person.
trophyboys
Orange Belt
House: Amaranthine

character interview. | aleksander buchanan.

Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:20 am

• ALEKSANDER
    BUCHANAN
                • xxx
                  xxx

1. What is their favourite household chore? Their least favourite?
                  he's definitely a very nitpicky person when it comes to cleaning. his house can either be spotless or an absolute wreck, there's no inbetweens. however, he definitely enjoys doing the laundry, folding clothes, and then putting it all away in spots only he'll remember about. he hates doing the dishes, though. that shit's nasty.

2. Would they prefer having one true love forever, or lots of fun and exciting relationships?
                  aleks would definitely lie and say the latter. he wouldn't admit that he wants to find his one true love, but he would definitely prefer having someone that he could love and go to no matter what, not just sloppy quick relationships that never work out.

3. What kind of drunk are they? A happy drunk? A sad drunk? An angry drunk? An affectionate drunk?
                  he doesn't get drunk all that much. he's high in like 99.9% of any and all writings with him in it, but, aleks is definitely an affectionate drunk. he'll probably break down crying telling you how much he loves and cherishes you but the next morning? yeah, he'll deny it. definitely didn't happen.

4. Do they have any interests that could be considered "childish"?

5. Do they put more weight in science or in faith?
                  science. he doesn't really believe in faith or the idea that things happen for a reason. he believes that there's an explanation for everything, including the 'idea' of faith.

6. What is the dominant/most common colour in their wardrobe?
                  dark colors. he owns a plethora of maroon, black, and navy blue. he wears pretty boring clothes, rarely anything colorful.

7. Do they have any scars? Are they proud of them, or do they try to hide them as much as possible?
                  he's definitely got a couple scars, especially burn scars on his hands from being a clumsy smoker. he's also got a scar on his lower cheek/jawline (definitely from scuffling with chloe, his roommate,) but he's pretty indifferent to them. he doesn't put much thought into them and doesn't think people should, either.

8. Do they believe in fate/destiny?
                  he wants to. he desperately wants to believe that fate will guide him and he'll reach his true potential, but, it honestly sounds like a load of bullshit to him. he still wants it to be true, though.

9. What would they dress up as for Halloween?
                  probably something funny. if his friends dragged him to a party, he'd hope that he could dress up as himself. but, if he couldn't, some sort of pun or stupid costume would definitely be his go to. or, if he was drunk or high enough, definitely a sexy princess costume. no regrets.

10. What would they want to be their last meal?

he really wouldn't care. honestly, it would depend on if he was high or not. aleks with the munchies? anything gross, greasy, or salty, please. junk food? hell yeah. sober, though? probably something stupid like a single apple.

11. What is their definition of a good life?
                  he'd probably tell someone any life where he had a lot of money and a good house. it's a bit more complicated than that, though. like pretty much anyone, he just wants to be happy. he just wants someone to confide in, to hold, all that Gay(tm) shit.

12. What's one of their small quirks?
                  he's one of those super vain bitchez that plays with his hair when he's nervous. he also subconsciously taps his fingers on the table, his leg, or whatever surface he can touch. in a way, it sort of qualms his worries. but it's also really annoying to anyone else in the room.

13. What kind of handwriting do they have?
                  very messy. he definitely writes in all caps which makes his handwriting look atrocious, but, whatever. he's like one step away from doctor level handwriting.

14. If they were an animal crossing character, which would they be?
                  he wouldn't really care about animal crossing, not gonna lie. anyone that's an asshole who makes shitty jokes about his shit life, though.

15. If your character was a fruit smoothie, what would it taste like?
                  he's not really a fruit smoothie kind of guy. he'd probably say he'd be a bitter kale and tumeric smoothie to match his shit attitude but he'd probably be something really sweet, like berries because like every cliche character, he's actually not that much of an asshole lol.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

AS Afflatus 27 Member Interview

Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:49 am

1.What is something that is completely normal in your country/culture, but foreigners may find strange?
Probably all the fast food, but Idk.

2.If you could only say one more sentence before going mute forever, what would you say and who would you say it to?
"I love you." to my family and pets.

3.What’s something you like to treat yourself to after a long, stressful, and exhausting day?
Chocolate or my heating thingy.

4.What’s the very first thing you do after waking up?
Turn on my iPad.

5.What’s something you used to hate, but now love?
Idek.

6.What’s something you used to love, but now hate?
Nothing.

Quiet, shy, loving.

I don't think it's unpopular, but treat everyone fair including non heterosexuals.

Getting my rats, or my kitten. Or reading a super long book. Or getting better at drawing.

Swam, ate, read, slept, went to a fair, went to a party, had my birthday.

Nothing, really, except Trump's more of a jackarse than I thought...

Nope...never had romance.
Well, maybe dark hair, blue eyes, glasses, but those are fictional characters...

AS, CS, YouTube

Always like 2 years younger than I am. It's fine, I guess.

Completely...
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

AS Afflatus 27 Character Interview One

Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:54 am

Jessie (P5)
Feeding the pets. Nothing, she only does that and empties the dishwasher.

2. Would they prefer having one true love forever, or lots of fun and exciting relationships?
It's two...but only those two.

3. What kind of drunk are they? A happy drunk? A sad drunk? An angry drunk? An affectionate drunk?
She doesn't drink...

Stuffed animals...

Faith.

Purple or gray.

7. Do they have any scars? Are they proud of them, or do they try to hide them as much as possible?
No scars.

Yes.

Wolf, Neko, cosplay.

Gluten free Beeferoni or pulled pork.

Love, happiness, pets, a kid or two, a job you love.

Twirling hair around finger.

Neat when she wants to.

Idek.

Sweet yet savory, peachy or mango.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt

AS Afflatus 27 Character Interview Two

Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:59 am

Midna (P5)
He's a cat...

One true love forever.

He's a cat...

Nope, he's a cat.

Faith.

Doesn't wear clothes, unless you count his pendant which is light blue.

No scars.

Yes.

Pet costumes, if made to by the humans.

Any meat cats can eat.

Love, happiness, kittens, ear scratches, chin scratches.

Chewing his tail when embarrassed.

Can't write.

A cat.

Sweet yet savory, blueberry or strawberry.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt

AS Afflatus 27 Activity

Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:03 am

Lumine

Pretty white soft fur
He has sectoral pretty eyes
I love him so much

(Haiku I guess)

Shion (No. 6)

He has soft white hair and pretty reddish eyes
And a pink marking from his cheek all the way down.
He's a sweetheart but can be scary when his love is hurt...
Yes, he's gay, but who cares; he loves dogs and his mum
And I love this precious boy.

(Free form)
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Issue Twenty-Seven character interview

Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:51 pm

Oliver

He actualy likes chores like making simple meals and packing lunches but not dishes or most (all) other cleaning tasks that involve water. He doesn't mind sweeping up though.

Depends in his age when you meet him. A teen version of him just wants fun and party time and wouldnt care at all for seeking a long term relationship let alive a mate but mid twentiesish Oliver jas a much better idea if what he needs in a mate and that he needs a supportive person in his life.

Mostly the latter. He's more cuddly but can also be a happy drunk. It helps him feel more social and accepted.

Oliver is childish you could easily entertain him with a wind up toy.

I guess faith though he's not much for church or religion either he just isn't inclined towards science or math at all.

Blue or black jeans, white tshirts/undershirts, denim or leather jackets and black or brown work boots. However if dressed by someone else he looks good with most browns, whites, reds and oranges.

He has earned some scars from various things in his past and while he does not display them with pride he doesn't go to lengths to hide them either.

To a extent.

As a kid probably a pumpkin or a cat. As a adult whatever he was given by his friend(s) or girlfriend.

Well he is very food motivated but also very inclined to sweets that he can only eat in moderation normally so he might just get a massive desert platter with a side of insulin so he survives to his execution.

A warm safe place to sleep and a full belly.

He'll pick at or fiddle with his coat hem or pockets if board or anxious. He just likes to keep his hands occupied.

Very messy childish printing much like you would expect to see from maybe a second grade student.

Maybe that race car cat? I cant think of his name now. Sorry.

Mostly strawberries but Hints of other berry flavours mixed in. Sweet but not exactly what you expected.
Last edited by Grengirl on Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.