AS Afflatus: Issue Thirty

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

important
Roleplay Moderator
House: Halcyon

otp interview one ( sevilirion x athdriel )

Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:21 am

ImagexxxImagexxxImage
xxxImagexxxImagexxxImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxImagexxxImagexxxImage
sylv's sevilirion and ichi's athdriel for this role-play
x
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
    • 1. who wakes up first on christmas morning? definitely ath, seeing as it takes sev forever to pull himself back from apocrypha in the mornings. shit, ath is probably the first to wake up on most mornings.
      2. who snuggles up to who on cold december nights? well, i mean... ath can try, and really, it's the effort that counts. sev will not like it, and will likely knock the little fucker off the bed, but... ath is fucking stubborn and will keep trying.
      3. who sings loudly along to christmas songs, and who quietly mumbles along? ath would definitely be the one singing, but i don't think sev even has enough willpower to let himself go enough to so much as mumble along to a song. just stare coldly from the corner, trying to think of the million ways he can make ath shut the fuck up.
      4. who loves the snow, and who hates it? or do they both love it? ath would love to play in it, i don't think sev loves anything that doesn't relate directly to learning and knowledge and getting an upper hand on people.
      5. do they kiss under the mistletoe? no. ath can try. grab a fuckin. step stool. hold the mistletoe up. "uh oh, looks like i caught you". try to kiss sev. sev burns the mistletoe. pushes ath down. ath is crying. sev is shaking his head in a disappointed manner. and moves on with his day.
      6. do they curl up with hot chocolate on frosty evenings? again, no. ath will make the hot chocolate, and sev might drink it if ath's not looking, but they will not curl up together. sev is sitting at his desk trying to study and read and ath is hanging over his shoulder, ignoring the elbow to the gut from sev.
      7. what presents do they get each other? ath would get him tons of books! because he knows that sev likes books so he'll just get him a shit ton of them. maybe some butterflies and some potion ingredients as well. not sure what sev would give to him though. probably some nice fun time in his tie-me out corner
      8. who falls flat on their face ice skating, and who is graceful? i... i feel like sev would be strangely really good at ice skating for some reason? that bitch looks graceful doing just about anything tbh. ath wouldn't even care about it, he's on ice, he's with sev, he's happy, he's falling on his ass a million times over.
      9. do they cook a christmas dinner, or do they order a takeaway? i'm... you know what, i'm not entirely sure if either one of them actually knows how to cook? ath is really good at making bomb ass drinks (tea, coffee, alcohol, etc.,) and maybe can bake really well but i don't think he can cook?
      10. do they go sledding? who is ridiculously fast, and who is sensible? i mean in general ath is the ridiculously anything one and sev is the more reasonable. but that's just life and it's many ways of working.
      11. how early do they put up their christmas tree, and do they have fun doing it? there is no christmas in tamriel, but there is the new life festival so let's pretend they do trees for that. ath would fucking love to decorate the house and go all out for any celebration. if it's an excuse to get inebriated and fucked up, he'll take it and have a blast doing it. i think sev might begrudgingly help, but more so in a "i'm only doing this to get you to shut up" kind of way. just some casual telekinesis to hang decorations and stuff.
      12. who goes out into the cold dressed warm, and who goes out dressed for style? this is so fucking funny because both of them are willing to look like the ultimate Hoe for the sake of the Aesthetic regardless of the harsh skyrim weather
      13. which of them is harder to buy for? ath, probably. sev is easy. books. quills. potions. journals. soul gems. all that good fun stuff. ath? what does ath even like besides being a huge pain in the ass?
      14. who wins the snowball fights? sev, but probably because he cheats and uses ice spike instead of throwing an actual snowball, like the utter motherfucker he is
      15. do they decorate where they live for christmas, or is there one measly bit of tinsel taped to the wall? ath would go full the fuck out. i'm talking hi-jacking some magic shit from the college in order to make it the absolute most. a flair for dramatics, he has.
      16. what do they decorate their snowmen with? ath, sticking a dagger in the snowman's abdomen. sev, immediately shaking his head and removing the dagger, replacing it with an ice spike. "perfect."
      17. which one cuts the turkey for christmas dinner? ath! he's very good with knives. plus sev doesn't like to do all that dirty work.
      18. do they have a two person jumper, and if so, why? YES they DO and it's because ath bought it for them to wear but sev refuses to go NEAR it and him. so yes, they have one, but never wear it. so ath just wears it by himself and it drowns his tiny body
      19. do they host the christmas dinner or go to it? i feel like they'd go to a dinner rather than host one? not really sure why i'm getting those vibes but i am
      20. are they together on new year's eve? ath is permanently up sev's ass in everything no matter what day of the year, so fuck yeah he's gonna right next to sev for the new life festival. sev won't like it, but he's long learnt that there's not much he can do about it.
sylver
Attendant

member interview #1 & #2

Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:50 am

━━━━━( GENERAL QUESTIONS )━━━━━
  • 1. What are some goals that you have accomplished in 2019?
    my only real goal was to keep myself alive, and i'm obviously still here, so! apart from that, i almost managed to reach my goal of having 10k € saved up by the end of the year - it'll be a little less than 10k, but i'm still glad that i managed to save that much money in a year!

2. What is your New Year's resolution?
    i don't do those, because i know i won't be able to stick to them & then i get angry and frustrated with myself :)

3. What are some goals that you hope to accomplish in 2020?
    move out into a place of my own - either alone, or with one of my friends

4. What advice would you give to your younger self?
    take better care of yourself - physically, mentally, emotionally

5. What are you looking forward to in 2020?
    hm... i'm not sure? allowing myself to heal, hopefully! making the most out of it! traveling with friends, and gaining my much needed independence once i'm no longer stuck with my parents!

6. If you performed in Eurovision (for the non-European people - any song contest) and could play any song as your own, what would you choose to perform? Why?
    i can't sing :/ if i could tho... either let me be sad by i prevail, i'm not alright by loud luxury, or perhaps my house by PVRIS! something i can genuinely put my heart and soul and emotions into, anyway!

7. What is your Hogwarts/Ilvermorny house? Do you think they fit you?
    hogwarts house is hufflepuff, ilvermorny is pukwudgie! hufflepuff definitely fits me (i'm just,,, a soft and modest person,,, easily overlooked too ig) and pukwudgie - possibly? i don't know much about the house other than that uhh "represents the heart - favours healers" slogan thing so! sounds like me!

8. If you had to go to jail for one crime, what crime would that be? Why?
    me, putting on a mask to shoplift: :)

9. Quick! Someone walked in on you naked! What do you do?
    m u r d e r probably scream!

10. If you could change one thing about AS, what would it be?
    hm, the one thing i squint at sometimes are coding options, but that's because toyhou.se spoiled me with HTML and i know it's neither doable nor particularly "useful" to implement HTML coding for all users. can we get larger left/rightboxes tho

11. Does it snow where you're from around December? Do you like snow?
    it used to!! and i LOVE snow SO MUCH!! but,,, climate change :c i spent my past two christmas days wearing t-shirts tbh. just yesterday, a friend and i discussed possibly going to sweden or norway during winter sometime! because they get lots of snow and have pretty skies too!!

12. Do you have any winter-y or December-y traditions?
    hmmm... not really? though i always tend to bake cookies around this time of year! vanilla crescents!!! also, 50% of my fluid intake during december is through fruit punch, so maybe that counts too?

13. What is your best memory from 2019?
    going on an one week vacation trip to croatia with my friends! was hella stressful, but i'm so glad i did it!!

14. Since this is officially the end of the 2010's, what's been your favourite memory from the decade?
    getting my dog in the summer of 2010!!!!!!!

15. Are you going abroad at all in this holiday period?
    yes! but only for a day or two, to innsbruck! in about two weeks!

━━━━( CHRISTMAS QUESTIONS )━━━━
  • 1. Do you, or your family, have any Christmas traditions?
    nah, not really. my fam isn't a particularly average and healthy family, which also means we don't have any proper family traditions! my mother tends to like, grill a duck or a goose on christmas, but that's it

2. What's your favourite Christmas movie?
    a bitch would die for polar express! and a nightmare before christmas! and little lord fauntleroy! not sure if the last one is a christmas movie, but it's always on TV around christmas in germany, so!

3. How about your favourite Christmas food?
    l,,, lebkuchen,,,, and vanilla crescents,,,,

4. What's your favourite winter hot drink?
    fruit punch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. What's a traditional Christmas Dinner, where you're from?
    me, googling "what do functioning families in germany eat on christmas": apparently goose is a traditional food! usually paired with blaukraut/red cabbage, potato dumplings & gravy!

6. Does your country itself have any Christmas traditions?
    st nicholas day! krampus night! advent calendars and advent wreaths! christmas markets! sternsinger! mulled wine!! also, many of us actually celebrate christmas on the 24th rather than the 25th!!!

7. Have you ever kissed under mistletoe?
    pffff nah

8. Do you have a real or fake Christmas tree?
    neither! parents stopped getting one many, many years ago :) but i wanna get a fake plastic one for myself someday!

9. How early do you put up your Christmas tree?
    see above question!

10. Are you asking for anything for Christmas this year? If so, what?
    i mean, i'd really either like some seratonin TM, or win a huge ass lottery jackpot! but i won't get either, so! not really. i want money to invest in a new gaming computer, ig? but that's it!

11. What's the best Christmas gift you've received?
    good question,,, i cried that one time my parents got me a wii when i was a baby, but? not sure if that was the best gift ever, or if i'm just remembering the times i was happier TM fondly

12. What do you decorate your Christmas tree with?
    :)

13. Do you go to Mass on Christmas?
    i ain't even baptized, you think i'd step into a church and listen to an old man rant at me willingly? i can get the same at home from my father without leaving the house! :)

14. Do you prefer to give or receive presents?
    i HATE opening presents because people want an emotional reaction and i do not like the vulnerable feeling of that! but! i LOVE absolutely BURYING EVERYONE ELSE with PRESENTS

15. Do you wake up early on Christmas morning, or quite late?
    i have to get up early this year because i work on the 24th :/ but, usually, i sleep in until 9 to 11 AM! will do so on the 25th, at least!
breadstick
Yellow Belt
House: Amaranthine

member interview (s)

Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:50 pm

member interview: christmas edition xx

1. Do you, or your family, have any Christmas traditions?
> we're a family of my mother and my mother's parents and their dog, so all we do is see one another for a christmas lunch and that's basically the lot. we open each other's presents there in the morning, have a drink, then have lunch and then we go home. it's not exactly exciting, but we make do with what we have.
> so a couple weeks ago i wouldn't have known how to respond with this given the only christmas movie i have fond memories of and watched every year as a kid was santa buddies, but since then i recently watched klaus and my god it's my favourite christmas movie of all time now. i will definitely be rewatching that one in the future. i highly suggest you check it out if you're looking for cute christmas movies with a pretty original premise and really gorgeous animation.
> my grandmother makes a nut roast that i used to absolutely despise as a kid, but since the age of 16 i've grown really quite partial to it and it's probably what i enjoy the most about the meal. i also fucking love yorkshire puddings but we can't have that because of my mother's dietary issues. i might've had it once or twice when i was younger but i'm dying to have it again and i just hope it's as good as i remember.
> costa coffee did a limited time bonfire toffee spiced latte/hot chocolate selection and let me tell you. that is the fucking best drink i have ever had and i will give my limbs to have it again. unfortunately i only had it once but i wish i could've had it again, and i'm hoping they bring it back next year.
> honest to god i couldn't tell you because i'm not well-versed in christmas traditions where i'm from because ... we never really did that sort of stuff. but! i know stuffing and meat is a part of it ! yorkshire puddings too....?? idek man
> other than screaming corny christmas songs with no grace whatsoever in the middle of the street and putting lights up in front of their houses to show off how rich they are? i got no fuckin' idea.
> no,, but i want to, definitely. i've never actually had mistletoe in my house before, so never had the chance to kiss under it.
> fake , i think we had a real one when i was REALLY young but other than that one, i think we've always had a fake one.
> it used to be on the 1st but i don't have one anymore and my mum isn't big on christmas now so i don't know when she's gonna put it up. probably mid-december ..? i've put my christmas decorations up, though, so if that counts for something then i did it literally today just before i sat down to do this.
> just asked for a couple books and some merch. asked for a coat as well because i don't have one that actually keeps me warm :')
> i don't know if i could ever really choose but based on how much happiness it gave me, the huge rocking horse i got when i was ,, 7? it wasn't massive now i'm grown, but when i was young it was the SHIT and i spent countless hours on it for some reason.
> tinsel, lights and baubles!
> nope, never been to mass - i'm not religious, so i don't see the point in me being there.
> as selfish as it seems, receiving them, and that's only because i hate waiting to see if the person receiving the gift will like it or not. i'm constantly second-guessing the gifts i get and i'm awful at keeping them a secret so pfdfjgflkfldfj
> i've always been an early riser on christmas, but recently i've fucked up my sleep schedule so i'll likely be a late riser this year.
xx
xx
member interview: regular edition xx

1. What are some goals that you have accomplished in 2019?
> i didn't go into 2019 with any goals to be honest. i wanted to pass my a levels, which i did, and make it to uni in the right course, and keep my relationship going & healthy - and i accomplished all of those. i had wanted to be at least a bit closer to medically transitioning, but alas, the uk is fucked.
> i don't really do new year's resolutions, i always fail them and feel worse than i did when i started, so i'd rather just ,, not?
> i want to get my shit together mentally and visit the mental health department. i want to get tested for a couple of disorders i suspect myself of having. i want to get back into counselling, get an official diagnosis of some shit so i can figure out where the fuck to go from here. and, this is out of my control, but i want to get a fucking appointment for hormones with the gender identity clinic after three fucking years.
> stick it out, bucko. also, don't take your her bullshit. stop trying to downplay it. believe yourself, for fucks sake.
> mm i don't wanna be a big ol' pessimist, but nothing, to be honest. i guess i'm looking forwards to moving in with my friends ...?
6. If you performed in Eurovision (for the non-European people - any song contest) and could play any song as your own, what would you choose to perform? Why?
> heroes - mans zelmerlow will always be a winner for me.
> hufflepuff, and i think it suits me pretty darn well. no idea about the ilvermorny house though, i got thunderbird but i have no idea what that means so ??
> i actually don't know tbh??
> scream and never talk to the person who walked in again
> honestly idk im bad at giving criticism so shrugS
> it tends to snow between january - march, now, so nope :') but snow is pretty as fuck when it first settles, but give it about five hours of daylight and its just a nuisance that means i can't fucking go anywhere for fear of slipping and breaking a rib so. lmao
> ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nah not really ??
> the moment my mom adopted me and the moment i called him for the first time and how he called me son and h
14. Since this is officially the end of the 2010's, what's been your favourite memory from the decade?
> considering my memory is pure, utter trash, probably when me and my partner started dating because i can't remember much from before 2015 so rip me i guess
> me? going abroad? unheard of ,,, nopE lmao
breadstick
Yellow Belt
House: Amaranthine

otp interview: maddox x zac

Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:45 pm

• OTP INTERVIEW: MADDOX & ZAC
    a hardened gang member and a haunted archaeology student working part time as a florist - both of whom are pushed together by a certain little shit called tobi. maddox belongs to alexus, tobi and zac belong to me!

1. Who wakes up first on Christmas morning?
    > it's most likely zac, but he absolutely wouldn't be very early. zac either sleeps like a log or not at all, but if zac isn't awake and he doesn't have work, maddox won't wake up - until he gets hungry. but zac would probably be the one to wake up first on christmas day, and then wake maddox up by laying on him (payback for all the times maddox has gotten bored of him sleeping and has suffocated him by laying on top of him).
    2. Who snuggles up to who on cold December nights?
    > zac snuggles up to maddox without a doubt. maddox isn't really a snuggling kind of person, but he can accommodate it for zac, especially if it's cold - or, that's what he tells himself, as he secretly enjoys having zac so close to him in a soft and intimate moment.
    3. Who sings loudly along to Christmas songs, and who quietly mumbles along?
    > zac sings, but he doesn't do it in front of people. he has an affinity with the guitar, but i can't see him singing loudly at all. maddox wouldn't really sing, either, but if they were merrily drunk or something to that effect ... well, zac would probably forget how conscious he is of his singing and just belts them out. to be honest, when he's intoxicated, maddox is also shameless as fuck, so he wouldn't shy away from it either. so, essentially - when sober, both of them are quiet as hell, but when drunk, they're both loud.
    4. Who loves the snow, and who hates it? Or do they both love it?
    > i can see zac loving it, but for maddox, it's just impractical. i think zac appreciates the aesthetic of it more than maddox does, and therefore likes it more, but for maddox it's just an inconvenience lmao.
    5. Do they kiss under the mistletoe?
    > see, i don't think that maddox would want to, just because it's cheesy and corny and everything he's not, but zac would want to and would probably trick him and end up doing it with him and then pull away with a shit-eating grin on his face and just point to the mistletoe.
    6. Do they curl up with Hot Chocolate on frosty evenings?
    > oh, absolutely. zac would do that, and if zac did it regularly enough, maddox would follow. they would probably end up watching some shitty movies while they're at it and laughing at how bad it is.
    7. What presents do they get each other?
    > now this is one i haven't thought about for these guys, and i'm honest to god not sure. zac would have enough money to spend on something pretty thoughtful and practical for him, but maddox likely wouldn't know where to start and probably agonsises over it more than he wants to admit. he would end up asking tobi, and tobi would probably point him in the direction of some expensive books that maddox sees no value in - but they're probably things that he's wanted for such a long time but has never been able to justify buying.
    8. Who falls flat on their face ice skating, and who is graceful?
    > zac would fall flat on his face and maddox would fucking laugh at him before he helps him up. i think maddox would take to it naturally if i'm honest, but zac does not have the best balance in the world, so maddox would have to keep him upright the whole time. :')
    9. Do they cook a Christmas dinner, or do they order a takeaway?
    > nah, takeaway. these two can't cook for shit. well, zac tries, and so does maddox (from what little knowledge he's learned from watching tobi cook for him and edgar), but they inevitably always get d i s t r a c t e d and the food burns. so they'd probably order a takeout.
    10. Do they go sledding? Who is ridiculously fast, and who is sensible?
    > oh no LMAO they wouldn't go sledding. well, maddox would probably want him to, but zac wouldn't go with him. shit's too scary for him pfft.
    11. How early do they put up their Christmas tree, and do they have fun doing it?
    > zac would probably want it up before the 10th of december - and, well, maddox isn't big on christmas traditions, but he'd do it to keep his boyfriend happy, so he would probably end up having some degree of fun !!
    12. Who goes out into the cold dressed warm, and who goes out dressed for style?
    > tbh both of them are pretty practical, but maddox is likely to go for style with a shirt and his leather jacket. zac would chide him for it when he starts shivering, and then just lends him his coat if he got too cold - because, trust me, zac would layer tf up.
    13. Which of them is harder to buy for?
    > probably maddox. zac is satisfied by just a couple of books or the simple things, whereas maddox is cagey as shit with his interests.
    14. Who wins the snowball fights?
    > maddox, without a fuckin doubt. he's probably more precise because gun training will do that to you, and he's definitely more violent, but in a playful way, yknow? he doesn't mean any harm, but zac would have fun anyway.
    15. Do they decorate where they live for Christmas, or is there one measly bit of tinsel taped to the wall?
    > probably a couple of lights in the window and that's all; zac and maddox don't like drawing attention to themselves in general, especially given that maddox is still tied up in gang business, so having grand displays on the exterior could be dangerous in some capacity.
    16. What do they decorate their snowmen with?
    > i get the feeling zac wants to make individual costumes for all of his snowmen - go big or go home in this one aspect of winter. so ... charity shop time? buying cheap clothes and using old hand-me-downs? they'd make a costume for random fictional characters, people from different time periods. and i'm betting zac's made an artistic interpretation of maddox before.
    17. Which one cuts the Turkey for Christmas Dinner?
    > lol whats a turkey for christmas dinner i only know shitty takeaways
    18. Do they have a two person jumper, and if so, why?
    > maddox would hate the idea, initially, but zac would somehow persuade him and he'd end up enjoying it in the comfort of their own home.
    19. Do they host the Christmas Dinner or go to it?
    > tobi and king would be hosting the christmas dinner, so they'd go to that. well, kingston has the house, and tobi has the cooking skills, so it's really a perfect fit. to be honest, kingston would probably object to maddox being there, but tobi would stick up for him and zac wouldn't come without him.
    20. Are they together on New Year's Eve?
    > oh yeah, definitely !! that one probably means more to them than christmas does tbh.
Gamora
Black Belt

Christmas Member Questionaire

Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:48 pm

xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
            • CHRISTMAS QUESTIONNAIRE !!
              featuring my adorable children <3

1. Do you, or your family, have any Christmas traditions? Now that I'm older not so much. Christmas Eve mass when we go to cape breton, but that's about it. And my mom has given me pajamas every Christmas Eve c:
              2. What's your favourite Christmas movie? Santa Claus, Home Alone, and Polar Express
              3. How about your favourite Christmas food? I just like a good turkey dinner I guess? Idk I like candy canes too.
              4. What's your favourite winter hot drink? I love a good candy cane hot chocolate!
              5. What's a traditional Christmas Dinner, where you're from? Turkey dinner normally. Or a big family pot luck.
              6. Does your country itself have any Christmas traditions? Just all the typical north american traditions I guess?
              7. Have you ever kissed under mistletoe? No lmao
              8. Do you have a real or fake Christmas tree? My parents get a real one, but at my place we have a fake tree.
              9. How early do you put up your Christmas tree? My parents is going up this weekend, while Autumn and I had ours up on the 16th of November lmao
              10. Are you asking for anything for Christmas this year? If so, what? Donation to K9PAD, the program that brought me Ollie.
              11. What's the best Christmas gift you've received? My lease horse Alice!
              12. What do you decorate your Christmas tree with? Ornaments and candy canes!
              13. Do you go to Mass on Christmas? Only when in Cape Breton, but I love Christmas mass there.
              14. Do you prefer to give or receive presents? Give. I definitely overdid it this year whoops.
              15. Do you wake up early on Christmas morning, or quite late? My normal time I guess? Unless I'm up super later the night before I normally don't sleep in much anyway
  • BE WHO YOU WANT TO BE. BE PROUD. FOLLOW
    YOUR OWN PATH, WHEREVER THAT TAKES YOU.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

AS Afflatus 30 Prompt

Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:42 pm

bells

https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/v ... &t=3588441

The white Kitsune, only one tailed, hummed to their-self as they walked through the forest, their home. The sun skewing through the leaves of the trees lit on their red markings, brightening said markings up fractionally. They thought of their ginger and white wolf dog friend as they walked along, a large smile soon taking its place at their maw. They wanted to see their friend again, and so they thought of how to find him. He was an inside outside canine, owned by a beautiful woman with fiery hair, and because he had all his shots and such could be outside. They wondered, though, if he’d be out or in today.

Shaking themself, tail bell jingling, they stretched a moment then set off. They smiled as they thought of going to see their friend, whom they’d find either way. They picked up a trot after a moment, wanting to definitely get there quick. Their tail twitched and flicked in happiness at the thought, smile still at their maw. They perked their ears as they distant bells ringing, a wedding obviously going on down somewhere. They picked up a run to get where they were going, stumbling to a stop as they nearly tumbled over the red and white wolf dog. He cracked an open, yipping at them, and sat up. He yawned as they moved closer, their bell jingling again. He invited them inside, and they followed happily.

(239 words...)
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:03 am, edited 7 times in total.
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt
House: Vipera

Christmas Member Interview

Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:46 pm

1. Do you, or your family, have any Christmas traditions?
Honestly we really don't. Most of the time someone was always working. Now we do try to go every year down to my uncles and basically the tradition there is we always get pajamas for Christmas. So that's nice.

Christmas movies? Oh I can't stand them. But if you insist...Die Hard.

Pieeeeeeeeeeeee

Hot chocolate...duh

Traditional I suppose is ham for Christmas. I mean that's what we usually eat.

I seriously Googled Christmas traditions in the United States and it gave me that we like to decorate outside of our houses. I guess I thought that was just normal?

Not as an adult. I do remember hiding one and tricking my dad when I was younger to give me a kiss.

Fake but with the kitties we don't put it up anymore

Mom used to love putting it up right after Thanksgiving...Grandma too.

No. I just like making my family around me happy and my boos overseas.

I would say last year's gifts from my father. I love collecting autographs and he got me Clarke and Bellamy from the 100 and then Christian Grey (kill me I can't think of their real names right now)

Typical things I guess. Ornaments, some made from school and things like that. Nothing too fancy.

No. We all prefer to stay home.

I prefer to give because I love making other people happy.

Dude I'm sleeping in. You can't wake me. XD
xxxx
Imagex News: ......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [][∞]
Errickon [] Momo []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kami
Silver Belt
House: Sagacitas

ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ

Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:01 pm

------- ɪ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴍʏ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ, ------------------------------------
-------------------------- ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇ -------
  • Do you, or your family, have any Christmas traditions? Yeah! Well, I'm not sure if these could be seen as 'traditions', but we try to gather our immediate family (my parents, me and my boyfriend (if he is available), my grandmother, my sister and her boyfriend) and we gather in our flat on the 24th for this small and cosy celebration. My grandma always wants us to do her own tradition and take bits of this scone made from water and flour and just make small wishes towards each other for the holidays and the upcoming year. It's a religion-based one, but it's still kind of fun, even if I'm not religious.
    What's your favourite Christmas movie? It's honestly a tie between Home Alone and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I like both of the movies equally, but the former is becoming somewhat routine and I'm not sure if I wouldn't go do something else while watching it. So, for this year, the Grinch wins by an inch. And, no, I'm totally not running off to download it right now. Though, we also marathon Harry Potter sometimes in Lithuania on Christmas.
    How about your favourite Christmas food? My mum makes these really delicious 'cups' made from unsweetened dough that she fills with white beans and some smoked fish. They're more like appetizers and not actual food, but they're really good! I hope she makes them this year, too. I need them.
    What's your favourite winter hot drink? Mulled wine! I don't get to have it very often as my patience for heating it up is non-existent, but it is a blessing whenever I do heat it up. I'd say hot chocolate, but our actual hot chocolate (not cocoa) gives me diabetes and is a bit too sweet for me, while cocoa isn't really hot chocolate (at least, in my opinion). So, hide your mulled wine, because I've learned how to pick locks and am coming for the booze.
    What's a traditional Christmas Dinner, where you're from? Honestly? We don't really have anything all that traditional, I suppose? Let me Google. Okay, sorry; we do have some traditional things. Like, for example, herring. With dried fruits, with cranberries and nuts... herring with everything. There is also fried fish in dough (my grandma makes them and they're fucking amazing). Um, what else. Beetroot salad. Poppy milk (we don't make it anymore, but my mum used to). I guess it also depends on what family you're celebrating Christmas with here; everyone makes different stuff that's traditional.
    Does your country itself have any Christmas traditions? I think a few years ago a big thing was eating kūčiukai (these bite-sized biscuits with poppies) together with freshly made poppy milk. Going to see the capital's Christmas tree in our Cathedral Square has been quite important for the past couple of years, too. It's also a must to get exactly twelve dishes on Christmas' Eve. Also, it's a bad Christmas if there's no snow, so there MUST be snow.
    Have you ever kissed under mistletoe? Nope. I have been pushed against my will under a mistletoe back in 9th grade and when someone joined me, it quickly turned into mistlefoe. There will be no kissing in this house of the Lord against my will, thank you very much. But it's a very cute tradition.
    Do you have a real or fake Christmas tree? Fake one. We live in a flat, so keeping a real Christmas tree would be a hassle. Not to mention that it would be horribly expensive and make a mess with stuff falling from it. But, having a real tree sounds a bit prettier and better-smelling, too. Even so, I am not too sure many people would be up for buying a new tree every year and spending lots of money on that. And I can't really blame them too much.
    How early do you put up your Christmas tree? During the first week of December. This year we put it up on the 1st and we really try to greet December with a tree. But we're genuinely quite lazy to put it down once the holidays are over, so we sometimes have it up for longer. To mid-January, even.
    Are you asking for anything for Christmas this year? If so, what? Eh, not really? Like, it would be nice to pass all of my exams and not have to do much for the second half of January, but I'm not really sure how well that would go. I don't truly care much for gifts and as long as I get some mulled wine or good food, I'm content. A good company is appreciated, too, but I don't really mind spending the holidays in peace and quiet. Just give me a pass.
    What's the best Christmas gift you've received? Oof, that is a tough question. The main problem is that I cannot remember what I receive year-by-year. And, honestly, all gifts are good in their own ways; some look pretty, while others have a lot of different uses. I did receive a plush Beefalo from my boyfriend two years ago (which I treasure a lot since it started the whole army of plushies in my bed), so that's the one gift I remember the most.
    What do you decorate your Christmas tree with? Fairy lights and plastic balls of different colours. My mum puts on some hand-made decorations that my sister makes, too. There are also some wooden and other toys that we collected over the years. So, it's a mixture of many odd and fun things.
    Do you go to Mass on Christmas? Nope. I'm not religious and I hate big crowds and preaching I can't relate to, so I sit this whole Mass thing out.
    Do you prefer to give or receive presents? Give. Even though I totally suck at it (the fact that I have nothing for my friends or family because I've been so busy is proof of that, whoops); being congratulated and having people just stare at me while I open gifts is really unsettling and makes me feel very panicky. So, I prefer to do the giving and then try to wiggle my ass out of receiving anything, honestly. My anxiety makes me into a mess, I'm sorry.
    Do you wake up early on Christmas morning, or quite late? Depends on how late I have gone to bed on the day prior. Given that we usually cook a lot of the food on the 24th, then I'm often required to be up as early as possible and help out mum and dad with chores and random things, so I'm usually up by 9 AM. If I'm not needed or if my parents are away on holiday during Christmas, I'll spend the whole day in bed, just watch me. I love sleep.
Aporia
Yellow Belt
House: Halcyon Head Girl

afflatus #30;; christmas interview

Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:31 am

xxxChristmas Interview.
  • 1. Do you, or your family, have any Christmas traditions?
    kind of?? i mean we always have some kind of christmas dinner together, one where we go out for dinner together. and we often find a day to spend with the rest of the whole family, even if it isn't on christmas day. it kind of shifts each year though.
    love actually!!!! i adore that movie with my whole heart, i watch it every year.
    roast ham!!! or brandy snaps.
    none. it's a summer christmas for me. if i drank a hot drink on a warm day i would die.
    oh boy, the kiwis don't really have traditions? maybe a barbecue?? but yeah we ain't traditional at all.
    christmas on the beach? there's a song about that actually.
    nope. never actually seen mistletoe, i don't even know if we can get it here?
    fake! it's a lot less hassle, also for people with allergies it's a lot safer.
    december 1st baby!!! the first day of christmas.
    yes? just like the standard video games and vouchers and i also unfortunately asked for socks cos my mind panic blanked.
    a lava lamp!!! oh, and an xbox one.
    lights and lots of hanging decorations and tinsel. just, a lot.
    never.
    both!!! i love giving them but getting them gives me a warm feeling too.
    early! i get excited (also we usually have croissants for breakfast hell yeah i'll wake up for that)
Aporia
Yellow Belt
House: Halcyon Head Girl

afflatus #30;; general interview

Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:52 am

xxxGeneral Interview.
  • 1. What are some goals that you have accomplished in 2019?
    i went to therapy and got a full time job (on a contract, but still a big deal for me)! and just really took the time to get my mental health back on track and take the time to look after myself.
    none. i don't like to make them.
    get my learners license. i'm 21 and nope. still don't have it because anxietyyy and procrastination.
    just chill out, don't freak out about everything. but still try hard. but hey, you'll surprise yourself! just keep going.
    more job opportunities! i hope my contract gets extended or i can apply for a permanent position within the company.
    ship in a bottle by steffan argus. i connect to this song a lot, it basically feels like a song about mental health and i just, really love the ship metaphor for it too. idk this song hits me emotionally and it would be cool to give my all in a performance of it.
    Ravenclaw and Thunderbird. They used to fit me, but i've changed so much since I took the tests that i wouldn't know anymore.
    i think a crime that involves doing good! like some big protest for a cause i believe in.
    die. ok in real terms i would just, want to disappear for days and shove the door closed in the persons face. i don't even want to look at myself when i'm naked.
    hmmm dunno, haven't been here long so don't have enough to go off of to give any suggestions.
    nope it does not. it is summer. i love snow though!!!! i went to germany once for an exchange during christmas/new year and it snowed and i had the best time. still love lil' ol' nz tho with it's summer christmas.
    no? other than the christmas stuff of course.
    idk? it was a good year of development for me but picking one thing is hard.
    uhhhh. my memory is trash. ACTUALLY. meeting my best friend in high school, it's been 4 years and she's one of the best things to happen to me. i wouldn't be in the same place i am now without their friendship and support.
    nope! i'm staying home and that's all i need. had one big holiday away this year, all i need.