AS Afflatus: Issue Thirty

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

Deer
Overseer
House: Halcyon

Christmas questions

Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:20 pm

1. Do you, or your family, have any Christmas traditions?
I don't really have any traditions except having dinner with my parents and boyfriend. Nothing too spectacular, I suppose.

2. What's your favourite Christmas movie?
I really like the Santa Clause. It is probably my favorite set of Chrismas movies.

3. How about your favourite Christmas food?
That is a good question. I think I like stewed pears the most! Especially with cinnamon!

4. What's your favourite winter hot drink?
Hot chocolate! I really love it!

5. What's a traditional Christmas Dinner, where you're from?
I don't think we have a traditional Christmas Dinner, but a lot of Dutch people do this thing 'Gourmetten'. Which is basically that you have a grill of some kind on the table and everyone bakes their own tiny pieces of meat and vegetables. And we also bake things like small pancakes and eggs. It is really fun.

6. Does your country itself have any Christmas traditions?
We don't have a lot as Christmas isn't the 'main' holiday in december to us. So I don't really think there is a specific tradition for The Netherlands. The only 'Christmas Tradition' we have is that you don't put up your Christmas tree and or play christmas music before December 6th.

7. Have you ever kissed under mistletoe?
No, it is not really a thing here to do.

8. Do you have a real or fake Christmas tree?
We have a fake Christmas tree because of the dog, but the last few years we bought small christmas trees each year. So we have both, I guess.

9. How early do you put up your Christmas tree?
We tend to do it around 6th of December, as Sinterklaas ends on the 5th of december and putting up your Christmas tree before that is frowned upon.

10. Are you asking for anything for Christmas this year? If so, what?
No, I am not. I am happy the way things are. I have never really celebrated Christmas.

11. What's the best Christmas gift you've received?
That is a good question. I never really got big Christmas gifts as Sinterklaas is our main celebration in december. The best thing I got for Sinterklaas were games for my Nintendo DS.

12. What do you decorate your Christmas tree with?
The usual, I suppose? Lights, christmas balls, garlands. Candy. Of course candy.

13. Do you go to Mass on Christmas?
No.

14. Do you prefer to give or receive presents?
I prefer to give presents as it makes people happy. And I like it to see people happy. Even if getting gifts is nice as well, haha.

15. Do you wake up early on Christmas morning, or quite late?
For my own terms I wake up 'quite late', as I am used to my alarm going off at 6:30 AM. But I think I still wake up rather early as mostly I get up around 9:30 AM, which isn't too late to wake up.
Deer
Overseer

Member Interview

Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:53 pm

1. What are some goals that you have accomplished in 2019?
I got a permanent contract at my job. I got more responsibility at my job. I learned a new coding language and I started making steps to move out of my parental house.
2. What is your New Year's resolution?
Exercise more and move out to my own place with my boyfriend!
3. What are some goals that you hope to accomplish in 2020?
Find a place to live with my boyfriend. Other than that I hope to get more experienced with front end coding.
4. What advice would you give to your younger self?
Take a break. Stand still. Breathe in. Breathe out. You will heal from the hurt people cause you. The people who are the ones you want in your life will stick to your side no matter what.
5. What are you looking forward to in 2020?
Hmm, moving out is the thing I am looking forward to most right now.
6. If you performed in Eurovision (for the non-European people - any song contest) and could play any song as your own, what would you choose to perform? Why?
I would probably pick Matthew Koma's Suitcase, as that is a song very dear to my heart.
7. What is your Hogwarts/Ilvermorny house? Do you think they fit you?
I'm a hufflepuff! At first I wasn't too happy, but I do think that it does fit me. I was just salty that I didn't end up as ravenclaw at first lmao.
8. If you had to go to jail for one crime, what crime would that be? Why?
I can only imagine that it may have something to do with data integrity as it is the most obvious thing I suppose? Not that I am working a lot with sensitive data, but it can be. Or if I can invent a crime, I'd go to pungatory for all my puns.
9. Quick! Someone walked in on you naked! What do you do?
Probably cover myself up. It depends on who walks in on me naked, though cx
10. If you could change one thing about AS, what would it be?
I'd like it if the announcements for events were aired sooner so people have more time to prepare.
11. Does it snow where you're from around December? Do you like snow?
It snows sometimes. I do like snow on the first day, after that it becomes annoying.
12. Do you have any winter-y or December-y traditions?
Each year I get a scratching ticket which is basically the calendar of december and each day I can scratch open one of the boxes. Still waiting for the year where I become rich cx
13. What is your best memory from 2019?
My holiday in Bulgaria was pretty epic. Oh, and getting to see my sis twice!
14. Since this is officially the end of the 2010's, what's been your favourite memory from the decade?
My very first Owl City concert. It was magical and I think about it with a lot of warm fuzzies.
15. Are you going abroad at all in this holiday period?
Nope, I will stay at home. I may go on a short holiday at the end of january, but nothing has been decided yet.
teddy
Green Belt
House: Amaranthine

afflatus member interview. | general questionnaire.

Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:22 am

• 1. What are some goals that you have accomplished in 2019?
      oh, man. i can barely think to what i ate for breakfast last week, nonetheless what i've done in a whole year. i suppose finally transferring stores (working closer to home), getting a nice raise, losing weight, etc - all that common sort of stuff, i guess.

i don't really do new year's resolutions, mainly because i think that i should work on whatever i'd want to all year round and shouldn't have to wait for the start of a new year to do something. however, i suppose just working on coping, mental health, all that shit. or, honestly, finish writing my book/novel.

get a new job. i love where i'm working now, but i know i'll have to resign in 2020. as mentioned prior, finish writing my novel. either that, or i just hope to write a lot tbh.

grow a pair. seriously. don't let people step on you, you're worth a lot more than that. you're worth much more than just being "a friend of a friend" too. you'll have tons of people that will care about you, so don't settle for anything less.

leaving florida. it's been a long time coming, and i can't wait to finally go home.

6. If you performed in Eurovision (for the non-European people - any song contest) and could play any song as your own, what would you choose to perform? Why?
      love of my life by queen, no questions asked. it's a beautiful song with a lot of meaning, that of which i can't help but get attached to. honestly, either that or the show must go on. both songs are really emotional and i've definitely grown attached to them. or, honestly, since i'm indecisive as hell, literally any queen song. i'm not picky lmfao.

by default, i'm a slytherin, no questions asked. i think it really does fit me, though. slytherin has this asshole connotation, and while i won't deny i am an Asshole, i think that, to it's core, it really fits. i'm an ambitious person and i'd like to think i have a lot of goals that i will achieve one day.

oh god, i don't know. probably something stupid, probably. but, according to kami, it'd be for me being her accomplice, helping her hide goblin bodies.

put some clothes on? i mean, i don't really know what else i'd do. probably be really embarrassed. but this isn't some "s-step sister w-what are you doing?" type shit.

the houses. i love my bird family, but, not gonna lie, it's pretty disheartening when you see how little people in amaranthine participate in any of the events. it's hard to get people motivated, but i'd love to see the houses get revamped/spread out a little more evenly so it's a fun, fair fight.

if we take "where i'm from" literally, and use new jersey, yeah, it snows. it definitely doesn't snow in florida, though. i do really like snow, but i haven't seen it in a while. with that being said, i really miss it. christmas hasn't felt like christmas since i moved here, and it really sucks. you never take something so annoying for granted, you know?

kind of, sort of? my family always hangs the tree up the day after thanksgiving, we follow tradition with stockings, etc etc. i'm hoping to make some more traditions this year, though. perhaps not totally a tradition but i'm planning to send some christmas cards to some of those vvv near and dear to me soon ;)

what even happened this year? i suppose one of the greater highlights would be rekindling with kami. if you can't tell already, we're basically shitty husband and wife and i love her so michigan and nobody else can tell me otherwise. also probably finally getting my life together, leaving toxic, shitty people and surrounding myself with those who support me. it's been a pretty good year, so i don't think i can pick out just one thing.

14. Since this is officially the end of the 2010's, what's been your favourite memory from the decade?
      oh my god, don't do this to me. i literally grew up in 10 years lmfao i can't answer this. once again, though, some highlights would definitely be getting my job, getting my car (a vw bug, in case anyone is wondering -- as soon as i mention it's my bb everyone goes "oh that makes sense it's a very you car"), getting luna and leia, all that sort of stuff.

unfortunately, no. i don't really have the luxury of spending a lot of money now -- as i'm trying to move by next year, so spending money on a trip would be a big waste for me.
important
Roleplay Moderator

otp interview two ( petyr x rosie )

Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:30 pm

ImagexxxImagexxxImagexxxImage
ImagexxImagexxImage

emily's rosalee and ichi's petyr for this role-play
x
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
xxxxxi
    • 1. who wakes up first on christmas morning? i want to say rosie, simply so she could go out and buy some bakery stuff from the shops for petyr as a christmas morning treat! plus she's usually the first awake anyways to do just that!
      2. who snuggles up to who on cold december nights? you're a fool if you think they're not both doing it to each other, simultaneously. petyr, pulling rosie closer, rosie, whining for petyr to come closer. it's a war to see who can get the closest.
      3. who sings loudly along to christmas songs, and who quietly mumbles along? i feel like petyr would be the one to loudly sing along, especially whilst putting up decorations around the house. rosie would mumble along at first, but slowly get louder and louder seeing petyr so happy
      4. who loves the snow, and who hates it? or do they both love it? they both love it! it's cold, of course, at first, and miserable if you get wet, but they both love it and have lots of fun playing in it together!
      5. do they kiss under the mistletoe? oh absolutely they would, petyr would immediately string it out and catch rosie off guard, who would probably laugh and smack him (lightly) before kissing the poor idiot
      6. do they curl up with hot chocolate on frosty evenings? yes yes yes! rosie would be the one to make it because she always makes the best drinks, and they'd just curl up in front of the fire and tell stories in mumbled tones and laugh over (spiked) hot chocolate
      7. what presents do they get each other? in the past rosie's given petyr bunches of weapons, and petyr got her sir bun-bun from the frost-fair. but i think for actual christmas presents... rosie would give petyr some really high quality writing materials. nice parchment, nice pens, some good books, some nice outfits. petyr would return the favour with tons of baked goods, snacks, mulled wine, jewellery, and other little fineries. not to mention some weapons, of course, as it comes with the trade!
      8. who falls flat on their face ice skating, and who is graceful? petyr falls on his face (and he did bust his ass at the frost-fair) and rosie is very graceful when it comes to ice-skating. rosie did teach him how to skate, and he's gotten better, but nowhere near on the same level as she is!
      9. do they cook a christmas dinner, or do they order a takeaway? petyr would LOVE to cook! rosie wouldn't be much help tbh don't let her near the stove, she'll burn the kitchen down but she enjoys stirring every so often to help him out!
      10. do they go sledding? who is ridiculously fast, and who is sensible? i feel like neither of them would be sensible when it comes to sledding, tbh. they'd both be super excited and go WAY too fast and probably roll the damn thing, but they're having fun, so that's okay!
      11. how early do they put up their christmas tree, and do they have fun doing it? early! petyr would want to put one up soon enough to get into the christmas spirit, but not too soon to where it's all wilted and dead come christmas. they'd have tons of fun whilst doing it, though! singing and having mulled wine and little treats and putting tinsel in each other's hair!
      12. who goes out into the cold dressed warm, and who goes out dressed for style? they both dress for the weather, though rosie is much more style-inclined than petyr is, tbh. she'll wear a coat (petyr's coat) over her clothes if she's too cold!
      13. which of them is harder to buy for? i think they're both pretty easy to buy for since they know each other so well!
      14. who wins the snowball fights? rosie says she won, petyr says he won, but honestly, they're both having too much fun to care about who won and who didn't!
      15. do they decorate where they live for christmas, or is there one measly bit of tinsel taped to the wall? petyr would LOVE to deck out rosie's house with tons of christmas decorations. and not her apartment, but the dagenhart estate. tons of trees, lights, silly little figures of snowmen, you name it!
      16. what do they decorate their snowmen with? cute scarves, little hats, sticks, rocks, hell, even a carrot! they would make sure to wrap it up in a cute little coat too!
      17. which one cuts the turkey for christmas dinner? uhh! both! i like to think they'd cut it together! kind of like with wedding cakes where they both cut it?
      18. do they have a two person jumper, and if so, why? i feel like petyr would buy one and they'd wear it once for the laughs, then just keep it around to smile at whenever they see it!
      19. do they host the christmas dinner or go to it? i feel like petyr would LOVE to host a christmas dinner! an excuse to dress nice and cook and bake and drink alcohol!
      20. are they together on new year's eve? of course! they're together most nights, anyways, and petyr would love to lean in for a new years kiss as well!
Kami
Silver Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: AS Afflatus: Issue Thirty

Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:34 pm

------- ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴍᴇ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇ, --------------------------
-------------------- ᴀ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ ʀᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ -------
  • What are some goals that you have accomplished in 2019? Well, I didn't gain too much weight from the amount I'd lost in back in 2018. I also got into my preferred branch of law and made a few really nice friends who are going to be my future colleagues. I also finished NaNoWriMo and maintained a lot of my grades on a fairly good level. But, most importantly, I got rid of so many toxic people in my life. For good this time. I'm proud of that.
    What is your New Year's resolution? I don't really do them anymore. Mostly because I find it weirdly hard to keep my focus on them. The period around New Year's is always really busy for me and I know that I'd abandon my resolutions as soon as January really began with all of my exams piling on top of me. So, I didn't really make any resolutions this year, honestly. Apart from being less of an asshole, I guess. Yeah, that could work out nicely.
    What are some goals that you hope to accomplish in 2020? I'd love to lose some weight and get a tad more physically fit (I am currently 165 lbs, but would love to drop to around 143 lbs or so). I'd also love to be able to defend my damn coursework after the whole drama that's happening with it right now. Just let me finish half of my 4th year and go into my branch without having to retake or redo anything, honestly. I just want some holidays.
    What advice would you give to your younger self? Don't be afraid of failure. You're going to fail at things and you're going to do that often. Stand up for what you believe me and keep on going after you fall down. No one is going to take you seriously if you give up; your older self has learned this by now and is fighting tooth and nail for some sort of justice. Sure, it may get tiring and nasty, but you'll thank yourself in the future for not standing down. All it takes for you to succeed is to be polite, be efficient and take down everyone that treats you like trash. And if it gets nasty, it's their own fault.
    What are you looking forward to in 2020? Honestly? Just getting that promised two-week break from university. At this point, though. I'm not too sure what else to look forward to when 95% of my life revolves around law school; maybe, when I have a better view of my life, I will find other things to be a lot more excited about. Something that's not mundane, at least. But I'm also looking forward to watching my friends graduate and get their degree.
    If you performed in Eurovision and could play any song as your own, what would you choose to perform? Why? Oof, that's a good question. Honestly, I am a bit torn, but I'd most likely choose between Coffin (by Black Veil Brides), Where The Wild Wolves Have Gone (by Powerwolf), and The Islander (by Nightwish). Why? Because, firstly, these songs all come from the rock/metal genres and they're one of my favourite band at this point in time. Not to mention that the meanings behind the lyrics of these songs are quite deep (well, maybe the last one has just a nice story and not too much meaning); I feel that they would do fairly well in ESC, given how the people always want a grand show with extraordinary music. And these ones are amazing.
    What is your Hogwarts/Ilvermorny house? Do you think they fit you? I'm a proud Slytherin! And I think that it fits me, honestly; most of AS already finds me to be a strict asshole, who doesn't take anyone's bullshit. I'm also insanely proud of my heritage/family. Plus, I know a lot of different ways to get what I want and not all of them are very nice. And my Ilvermorny house is Wampus! It's said to favour warriors and represent the body of a person, so I think that it kind of fits me? My closest friends know that I'll fight tooth and nail for them and myself, even if it brings actually bad consequences.
    If you had to go to jail for one crime, what crime would that be? Why? Murder. I have a lot of people that I hate and sometimes, my anger can get the best of me; to the point where I can turn violent. I've grabbed one of my classmates by the neck in high school when they insulted my family members, so... yeah. And, given how intrigued I am by forensics, there's a higher chance I'd be more difficult to catch afterwards. Sleep well, my foes. <3
    Quick! Someone walked in on you naked! What do you do? It depends on what I am doing, truthfully. I rarely ever am naked, so I'd probably be sleeping or doing something not so innocent. Either way, they'd get a pretty nice view and an ear-piercing scream for them to quickly get the fuck out.
    If you could change one thing about AS, what would it be? Oh, don't even get me started. I'd love for the event-centred announcements to come out sooner. I'd love for the house system to either be reworked or be abandoned completely as it is now more stressful than enjoyable to be in charge of it. I lowkey want for the whole point system to be taken out and abandoned because some people are growing too focused on it and it just makes them behave not nicely. There's a lot that I'd love to change, but not all of that can come easily or quickly as well have other real-life responsibilities.
    Does it snow where you're from around December? Do you like snow? It does! Hasn't snowed yet this year, but these upcoming couple of weeks could be really cold, so I'm hoping it's going to snow soon. I LOVE snow! It's beautiful and I love looking through my window at it. I also don't really mind the cold, so it's always a fun time to go outside and have fun wading through ankle-deep piles of snow in order to reach my bus stop or the store. :D
    Do you have any winter-y or December-y traditions? Mulled wine, I guess? I don't always heat it up, but I often get a bottle of wine that can be warmed up if needed in December. Usually, however, I drink it cold because I'm too lazy or too busy to really stir and make sure it is nice and tasty. I also adore visiting the capital's Christmas tree and go to a concert around my birthday (where some Lithuanian artists perform rock songs) together with a large orchestra with an amazing conductor, who always makes it a fun thing. Last year wasn't too good, but I'm hoping it's going to be different.
    What is your best memory from 2019? I've had a lot of different highlights, honestly. Like, tons of them. But, I believe the best memory would be when my mother was declared cancer-free. The other highlights would be reconnecting with Juls, who's now one of the dearest and most trusted people I've got in this life. Finishing NaNo and getting into my wanted law branch (also getting my dad to admit that he's proud of me). Passing my exams back in June without any retakes; just the small things that made me feel better about myself throughout the year. I'm hoping to get more next year.
    Since this is officially the end of the 2010s, what's been your favourite memory from the decade? Aw, shit; you're right. Honestly... I'm not really sure. I can't remember a decade all that much. I want to say that meeting my current boyfriend has been one of the biggest highlights of the decade but there have been other things that have made me just as happy (e.g. my mum not being sick anymore). I got into law school and finished high school, with a lot of my grades being fairly good. So, the decade has been pretty good. Oh, not to mention; I joined AS and found myself a home and a family. :)
    Are you going abroad at all in this holiday period? Nope. Got way too many exams to worry about. But my parents are going to Spain, so I'm happy for them! If not for my exams and other responsibilities, I'd probably try and find a place to go, but it's not happening this year, as unfortunate as it is.
important
Roleplay Moderator

afflatus prompt: lying

Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:12 pm

ImagexxImage

tags: none, just some playful banter, twins having fun at rulmen's expense (he deserves it ngl) who: leleea, eleea, & rulmen words: 617
x
"A sneer never did look good on you, Lea. Lighten the fuck up, would you?" In response to those words, Eleea immediately dug her elbow into Rulmen's chest, shooting him a warning glance. Leleea shook her head, sighing heavily with a hand drawing down her face.

"I get what you're trying to do, but don't fight my battles for me," she hissed at her sister, who simply rolled her eyes in response, shoving Rulmen back. The male immediately stuck his tongue out, brushing down the front of his shirt.

"Look, we only get one shot at this, okay? That's all I'm saying. If you fuck it up even a little bit, all of Alinor will know."

"Knowing you, Rulmen, the only way all of Alinor would know is if you told them," Eleea muttered, digging the toe of her boot into the dirt. Leleea wrapped her fingers around one of the branches above her, chin tipped up as she let out a sigh.

"If he so much as even thinks about it, I'll be the first in line to cut off his balls." Not an out of place jab, as they were used to talking like this amongst each other. But it was no secret that the twins were only friends with Rulmen out of their... limited options for such a title. Not that Rulmen minded, of course. He was the generalised asshole type, and just took up friends wherever he could find them.

"I would not," he practically whined, twirling a hand above his head in that all too over-dramatic fashion of his before letting his hand land upon his chest. Where his heart should be, if he even had one. "I care about both of you far too deeply to do something like that."

"You're so --"

"-- full of shit." Her sister gave her a look as if to say thank you, Leleea knowing full well she'd taken the words right from her mouth. Where her sister would have padded it to be all nice and pretty and soft, Leleea wasn't afraid to lay it down straight for the little idiot.

Rulmen's response was to snort derisively, his head shaking as he began to laugh. "Stars, I love it when you girls do that."

Leleea shot him a glare, arms crossing over her chest as her weight shifted. "It's not for you."

"Rulmen, you lie so damn much I almost forget who you are most days." Eleea cast a sideways glance to her sister, raising a brow.

"You sound like the Nerillion." The bastard of a high priest who stole from the community in the name of Auri-El. Twisted, corrupt, and a rat of a man, but far too "well-respected" for anything to come of accusations, even if hard-proof was presented. Nerillion had a way of making people disappear, and his fear-mongering tactics worked a little too well.

Rulmen just bared his teeth at that sentiment, slumping back against the base of the tree. "Now I remember why I don't like hanging out with you two. Because you're so damn mean to me."

"Nothing you don't deserve," Leleea chimed in a sing-song tone, which gained laughter from her sister. Rulmen was shaking his head, acting very hurt, but the twins knew it was nothing more than a ploy -- if he'd truly been hurt, he would have lashed out or left by now. And, well, he hadn't, had he? So it was all in good spirits. The type of back and forth that made Leleea forget where she was, the kind that brought an easy smile to her face. The kind she so quickly lost herself in for the sake of a happy moment to cling to.
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt
House: Vipera

Member Interview

Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:28 am

1. What are some goals that you have accomplished in 2019?
Honestly I can't even keep to a goal for a week let alone a whole year. XD I mean I'm happy about my weight, which is nice because I thought I could lose a few pounds. I feel better about my life which is probably a good thing as well.

Not give a damn as much at work. Let things happen, don't stress myself over things I can't control, and learn to say no.

I'd like to complete (okay for anyone that knows me I'm OBSESSED with funko pops and I collect a ton) so I'd like to complete a couple of my sets. Star Wars is so far off, but I'm close on a few sets within Star Wars. I'd like to also finish off my The 100 set as well. And I'd like to keep getting more shelves to keep collecting. Oh and finding my boyfriend ones he is missing. I love the hunt and so does he.

To seriously not give a damn as much. You only live once, so don't push yourself to be perfect when you don't need to be. Someone will love you for exactly who youare.

Eh, nothing much. Rise of the Skywalker comes out at the end of this month. I suppose I'm looking forward to more of my shows on TV.

Oh man this is so difficult because I love singing so many songs. I'd have a hard time choosing between Speechless, Meant to Be, I Won't Say I'm In Love, and probably A Million Reasons.

quietly goes to google to take a quiz I'm apparently Hufflepuff. googles what their traits are Yeah, this probably represents me quiet a lot. Value hard work, patience, loyal. Yep that's me.

I mean I constantly want to murder people at work. Not seriously because everyone just has bad days at work. So I guess my crime would be something simpler like stealing the truck of UPS stuff full of packages and not getting caught till days later.

Quick! Who is it? Because let's face facts, my mother has seen me naked enough with dance. Dad I'd cover up of course because...well yeah. If it's my boyfriend I wouldn't care too much. Anyone else I'd probably yell at them and immediately reach for something to cover myself.

Change the header to something each theme? Like have a summer, spring, fall, and winter deer thingy. And update things on the sides more often because they are old.

Yes, it does. Too much sometimes. XD The state I live in is very known for being temperamental. 50 degrees one day and blizzard the next. No I hate snow.

Time for hot chocolate! Oh and stew. We make stew at home a lot more when it starts to get cold.

Probably actually getting a boyfriend as pathetic as that sounds. XD I think it's more just that feeling that I'm not awkward enough to where no one would like me like that?

Graduating. All the new Star Wars movies for sure though.

YO BOOS. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. I'd love to visit Maya and Deer. But gotta get passport, gotta actually go over there. I'll settle for sending them Christmas presents right now.
xxxx
Imagex News: ......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [][∞]
Errickon [] Momo []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kami
Silver Belt

ᴀғғʟᴀᴛᴜs ᴀᴄᴛɪᴠɪᴛʏ

Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:07 pm

• A letter to Père Noël from Adrien's POV (based on this amazing roleplay between me and the lovely trophyboys).
Hidden text.
À celui qui pourrait écouter,

I am not a believer. Never have been, really. But as the world turns into absolute chaos and I'm left to pick up the pieces, I must do everything that is possible to make sure a lot of the likely outcomes don't ever reach the people this is about. This wish, Father, isn't for me. It's for the people I might leave behind, even if it's on accident.

Watch out for Nick. He's a proud, stubborn and self-centred man, but he's not a bad person. He's slowly warming up to the fact that being in a group isn't wholly bad. He is not someone meant for joking around, but I know that he'd spring to action if the kids were in danger. Nick might not be my best friend or care much for anyone, but he does have a heart. Now, I don't know how big it is or if it's capable of feeling love or affection, but it's there. I can see it in his eyes whenever he lectures the kids about being too reckless with their lives or once we're planning out our supplies and resources for the upcoming day. He's not a bad influence, unlike whatever others may tell; he's actually warmed up enough and we'd be lost without him. Just as much as he'd be lost without us. If the infection takes me away, make sure he stays, s'il vous plaît.

Keep an eye on Iris. The girl's been through more than any of us can imagine, with her body fighting off the infection as hard as it has been doing for the past few weeks. It is a miracle that she's even alive, but we can all tell that she's hurting. That it is putting a strain on her organism and keeps her from being fully alive. From being fully normal. Our lives are already difficult, but for her - a woman, who has been mercilessly shot at - it's hard to remain as positive as she is. So, please, make sure that she gets out of this alive, even if I'm not here to witness her victory. She's a truly good person, even if she can be almost as irritating as Nick is every now and then.

... Evan must live. He has to. No infected or undead beast can lay a finger on him. Not now, not ever. I can't stress how much the boy means to me, even if we're more than a decade apart from each other in years. He's the only person from my past that I have got left and I'm not ready to lose him. He must survive and go to rebuild what has been lost to the virus, even if not all of us will be there to see it. Watch over him and keep an eye on that boy; he's as reckless as all of the children in the world and can't take care of himself at all. Evan needs a parent and not even a group of adults will be able to take care of him if they don't know what to expect. So, in hopes of keeping him safe to the best of my ability, I'm looking at higher powers and asking you, Father, to make sure he gets out of this alive. I love him. But I don't want to see him end up as his own mother did; empty, lifeless and rotten. Even if it means sacrificing my own life, this is my wish; for Evan to live. To continue going forward and surviving.

This is my wish. To see my team survive, even if I don't. Even if I can't make it, I want to know that they're doing alright. That whatever sacrifices I'm forced to make weren't useless. That all of them mattered and helped them enough. All I wish for is to see them reach a happy ending to this tale of chaos and loss. Make it come true.

Que mes paroles atteignent votre étreinte,
Adrien Delacroix
    • A letter to Babbo Natale from Luisa's POV (based on this lovely roleplay between me and the amazing trophyboys).
Hidden text.
A chi potrebbe far avverare i miei sogni,

I write to you in hopes of saving myself from any unneeded pain. As some sort of a last resort, honestly. I have two wishes and while I understand that neither of them could come true without putting in a lot of effort or sacrifice, but I desperately need to put this down. To someone who might listen and help me deal with this chaos.

Keep careful watch over my father. And not because I care for him. Not because I love him. Keep an eye on him because he's a plague. He takes without ever giving back and it's an issue I can't deal with anymore. He's a terrible person and he's caused so much pain to me and those I care for. Make sure that he can never touch anyone else in the world with his greasy, violence-starved fingers. I don't want any gifts or useless promises, but I want him gone. Maybe that's why I'm leaving this letter, addressed to the man I've grown up believing to be real, instead of giving it to my remaining family. I just don't want him. Perhaps that's why I'm walking away now. To start a new life in the loving embrace of a family I haven't had since I was just a child, forcefully brought into a country I couldn't connect with. This is one last 'goodbye' to the person who made my life into a living hell and refused to take responsibility for it. All I ask of you, Babbo, is to keep him away from me. Away from my friends. Away from happiness.

My other wish is to just... give a present. To my mother. The wonderful Giovanna; a woman of many talents and with so much love in her heart, that it always made me think how she didn't burst from all of that warmth she carried around her. My mother had been taken from me many years ago, but, I miss her dearly; every year, on her birthday, I send cards to an acquaintance back in Rome and transfer some money, so that he could take care of my mother's grave. And so, I leave something bigger for her this time. Personally. A box of all of the letters I wrote for her during her sickness and the years after it. This is the only thing I've kept good care of for the past fifteen years; it's been stuffed to the brim and I can't take it with me. I'm leaving my past behind and walking into a new life. I do not want to bring my misery into it. Thus, I poured everything I had into these letters and I want You to take them to her. As a final goodbye and as a promise that her little girl is moving on. That she's still alive and doing well.

This is what I wish for. As I'm packing my last belongings and slipping out into the night, I leave everything here. I don't know who will find it, but I hope that my wish does come true. All I want is for some peace and quiet. For some happiness that the Lord knows I deserve. I don't need much. Just for the world to be as fair as it can be.

E possa la mia anima riposare in pace stanotte,
Luisa Gencarelli
Kami
Silver Belt

ᴀғғʟᴀᴛᴜs ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ

Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:30 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    mentions;; nick, iris | tags;; brief mentions of death | word count;; 1,232

Green eyes peer into the darkened room. A pale smile danced on the youth's lips as her attention settles down on the familiar pale suit that has brought a lot more pain and arguments than she had first expected it to. Now, the suit rests on the back of a broken chair and the conman sits next to it clad only in his dark blue shirt and that pair of stained white pants, which she has made fun of almost daily throughout the past couple of weeks. Only now, she doesn't; the girl clears her throat and watches as the other's shoulders tense up, indicating that he's aware of her presence. It's obviously unwanted, but she doesn't care. As she walks towards him, the man spares a glance over his shoulder, but that's the only recognition she's getting tonight. The blonde settles down on a small box and relaxes, finding the silence calming.

"What do you want?" He finally asks and if not for the pouring rain outside, she could hear the hint of agitation audible in his tone. But right now, all that she hears is the same note of fury which has always accompanied Nick's words towards her. By now, however, it isn't irritating. "Don't you have someone to maim?"

"Very funny," she laughs and shakes her head, still refusing to cast her eyes towards him. It is not as if they're friends or remarkably close; they have managed to set a lot of their differences aside for the time being and focus on their survival. And even if he's still a bastard to her, she has managed to learn that he doesn't truly mean it. Not always, anyway. Their bickering has grown softer and more familial if anything. "I thought you'd like the company. Especially after all of today."

Her eyes fall to the freshly-applied bandages peeking from beneath the neckline of his shirt and in a moment, his do, too. That couple remains quiet for a brief minute until Nick is waving it off, shaking his head with a frown nestled on his face. It had been nothing but an unlucky meeting with a Hunter; one that could have been too easily prevented if she had just been paying attention to her surroundings. But the youth had been distracted and now, he suffers instead of her. And, it makes her sigh quietly and close her eyes in an effort to hide the guilt she feels inside. He doesn't notice this and Iris breathes out a sigh of relief, happy that she can still lie.

"I'm fine," he answers, but she knows better; there's an unmistakable hiss of pain audible just beneath his words. "Run off to bother someone else, fireball."

"You're a shitty liar," and then, she has his full attention. Green eyes widen and then narrow as the conman stares at her as if urging the blonde to continue speaking about his abilities; she knows that he won't ever hit her. Not after he was more or less responsible for that group abandoning her the first time. After she had appeared back in their ranks, Nick had grown more tolerant when it came to Iris. And now, they're civil. More or less. "You'd make a really bad politician, Nicholas."

Iris smirks and watches him as the man searches her face for any signs of sarcasm, but keeps finding nothing. His shoulders sink and the blonde counts this as a small albeit wonderful victory for herself. Even as he acknowledges her words and urgers the youth to keep going with a small nod, she's hesitant. And rightfully so.

"You deserve recognition as much as any of us do," Iris begins and looks at the downpour a few inches away from them, tired eyes growing distant and more than a little unfocused. She doesn't know how to continue, but she tries, as this is the most civil conversation she's ever had with the man. And, it's something new for both of them, given how tense the air feels. "Perhaps, the others can't understand it. The chaos going on inside of you," she presses one hand against her sternum, the familiar sneer returning to her features and vanishing seconds later as she laughs, the sound foreign and somewhat bitter. "Adrien lives by the laws; if I had to take a guess, he's never done anything remotely bad. And Evan... well, he's like a lost puppy. Chaos doesn't look good on him. It clings to me, though."

"Did you steal a toy from a sandbox?" Nick interrupts her, laughing quietly at the youth's monologue, rather eager to put an end to that conversation. "Listen, kid, while I understand your need to search for a role model, you will find a better one in Adrien. You don't know half of the shit I've done in the past and you're much better off not knowing how many people I've killed or cheated out of their money. Of how many people were put into a hospital because of—"

"I bit my mother," she interrupts without a flinch, hugging her knees closer to her chest as she looks out into the rain. There's a sense of urgency to her tone; as if an invisible force is making her speak before Iris can decide for herself how many layers of herself she wants to reveal. "Imagine living with that kind of guilt."

They fall silent and it's perfect. He's watching her, but she refuses to acknowledge it, missing the spark of genuine shock that so rarely reaches the conman's face. She peers into the downpour and says nothing, focusing on the falling rain and the distant roars of thunder. And even once his hand comes into contact with the top of her head, ruffling the dark blond hair, she doesn't answer, opting instead to close her eyes and enjoy the calm moment of serenity. Their group needs more of them.

"Kid?" He asks and she turns to look at him, eyebrows raised slightly. "It's not your fault. Stop blaming yourself for the past. What matters the most is now."

Slowly, a light smile crawls onto her lips and Iris nods, chuckling softly at his words as she slips down from her box, settling in front of their conman and rummaging through the pockets of her hoodie, finally pulling out a deck of cards. Pulling that box to rest between them, putting the cards down in a makeshift offer of peace. She is as open as she can be, dark bags resting beneath her eyes as she looks up at him, tilting her head to the side in a poor try to seem innocent. For now, Iris has not one ulterior motive by offering him her cards, but that's something she keeps to herself. And as calloused, experienced hands take over her deck and begin shuffling, even if Iris pretends not to be amused or intrigued, she can't help but stare in awe as his fingers do their magic. It all feels strangely intimate if not sinfully forbidden.

"The adult chooses the game," he announces with a snort, dealing the cards to both of them as she tenses up, unsure. "Strip poker, darling? I'll go easy on you."

"No," the blonde disagrees, running a hand through her hair and looking down at her cards. "That's just another lie. You never go easy on anything in your life."
noctenne
Yellow Belt

member interview | general edition

Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:04 pm

• 1. What are some goals that you have accomplished in 2019? I survived, if that counts. It's been an incredibly rough year for me. I did, however, move into a shared apartment with my fiance and our two cats, I changed my major which not only brought my gpa up but has allowed me far more free time and breathing room, I made some amazing connections with my professors this past semester, and I finally started working on my book series.
        2. What is your New Year's resolution? probably the same resolution I set for myself during samhain. stop worrying about other people and just focus on yourself for one year for once. basically, I'm making this my year of self-growth and no one's stopping me, lmao.
        3. What are some goals that you hope to accomplish in 2020? hmm, goals for the upcoming year. I'd really love to finish the first draft of my first book by the end of 2020, that's for sure. other goals probably include the possibility of getting a 3.5 gpa which is near impossible at my school but what's the harm in shooting for it, make some connections with some creative writing magazines or blogs and maybe get involved with a dnd group in real life.
        4. What advice would you give to your younger self? you don't need other people to make you happy. don't let others affect you and keep doing what is healthy and good for you. If they don't like it, they can leave.
        5. What are you looking forward to in 2020? for once? my classes. all english classes, thank the gods. I'm also so blessed that i'll be letting my best friend and brother as well as my other closest friend into my home for a few weeks in feb. aside from that, I'm kind of just seeing what comes up. I'm really just looking forward to a new year with opportunities to grow and enjoy life.
        6. If you performed in Eurovision (for the non-European people - any song contest) and could play any song as your own, what would you choose to perform? Why? honestly? sweet dreams by eurythmics. I swear to you I've been singing that song since I was born. I grew up listening to it thanks to my dad and I'll never stop singing it.
        7. What is your Hogwarts/Ilvermorny house? Do you think they fit you? hufflepuff and wampus. makes sense though, i'm loyal to a fault to those who deserve it and I'll kick ass if you get in my way.
        8. If you had to go to jail for one crime, what crime would that be? Why? trespassing. hands down. I have this odd habit of going into abandoned places I shouldn't but hey, what're you gonna do. It's fun. what can I say.
        9. Quick! Someone walked in on you naked! What do you do? punch them. you should always knock and if you don't, you deserve it, lmao.
        10. If you could change one thing about AS, what would it be? more events. more community activity. also, the house systems and points seem to be extremely stressful for people across the board so perhaps a rework could help with that. I think as is a wonderful site but there are always ways to improve~
        11. Does it snow where you're from around December? Do you like snow? yes and sometimes. the snow either is pathetic or we get a blizzard so the back and forth can get a bit annoying.
        12. Do you have any winter-y or December-y traditions? sometimes our family will go ice skating or sledding whenever there is a lot of snow. we decorate, bake all the way through february. for the most part, we do things here and there, but we just try to enjoy the time we have together since I don't have the chance to see my family that often anymore.
        13. What is your best memory from 2019? going with my fiance to meet our best friend and brother in michigan. also him coming to stay with us.
        14. Since this is officially the end of the 2010's, what's been your favourite memory from the decade? surviving. growing up in this decade hasn't been easy, especially going from teen to adult. I feel like a survivor though so that's what I'm taking away from this. time to move on.
        15. Are you going abroad at all in this holiday period? nah. I was stuck in my college town for months and I'm just happy to be back at my parent's place for a little while.