☀Gren's Challenged again ; Sagacitas House

This area is dedicated to threads created in response to the 1oo Days of Summer writing event

Moderator: Overseer

Grengirl
Sagacitas
House: Unsorted

☀ Unstoppable

Post by Grengirl » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:32 pm

It had been only just over a week since Mary had spent a night with Derek the collage boy. She still didn't know much about him. He seemed intelligent, he was attractive, he had treated her well and according to some of her school friends he had been asking about her around the town.

Sadly her family didn't want what she did. Mary wanted to have some continued contact with him. Spend more than that one night. Aside from her grandmother reading her aura there was no verification of the pregnancy yet and ... he was going to go before fall. Before there would be any way for him to know that he had sired a child with her that night. It was her last summer to be young and in love why couldn't they just let her have he boy a little longer? He had proven he liked her.

Crampy, moody and house bound. At least in a few weeks she could take a supportive test with one of her friends only to discover she was holding a positive test too. Pretend to be horrified and not talk about how it had been planned our months send months in advance. Pretend that her friend or, far more likely, friends weren't also victims of her spells of fertility. The girls relied too heavily on the chemical contraceptives her spells would have nullified. She wondered if the rule of three would punish her with a trying painful pregnancy? Was that the reason she had started cramping much as if in the midst of a particularly bad period? Maybe it was just part of he normal symptoms associated with implantation? No matter things were unstoppable now.

Laying on her back on the modern blue lounge the sofa she let her eyes trace along her fit but curvey figure. Not yet two weeks but how much longer until she could be honest with the world? Never was the true answer. Never could she be honest with the world on her traditions, her magik. Not even her closest friends could ever learn the full truth.

Not only was her pregnancy unstoppable but so were the lies.

Smoothing her sundress and enjoying the breeze she closed her eyes deciding to enjoy the spoiling she would be getting from her family at least enough to have a afternoon nap. Rest after all she had been told was very important when you were expecting.

/wc 406
Last edited by Grengirl on Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grengirl
Sagacitas

Re: ☀Inspire

Post by Grengirl » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:24 pm

Wesley Ethan Blackwood stared at first the blank canvases against the wall then his computers blank screens. It didn't seem to matter what he did today nothing was coming back out. At his age it was silly but he had been grounded all the same for his antics two nights previous. So he had fucked up and and has a little too much. Hell it had been a party! So what if he had swung at a guest he had missed and ended up in the pool. The only one who had even had a chance at getting hurt by it was himself.

He huffed sending out a deep exhalation that ruffled his long bangs. Another sore spot with his parents. 'artist can still cut their hair Ethan. I'm worried you might end up costing your sister work seeing you with her looking like that.' of course she would worry about his sister and her growing modeling career. No one cared about his art or his occasional struggles with muse. They only seemed to care about how he embarrassed them! Like they hadn't done worse than that on the interview for the art collage! Questioning his choices from his traditional art portfoloio right in front of the guy that was supposed to be critiquing it! Just thinking about it was getting him more wound up.

He couldn't get anything done anything like this! No he had to fix it. Get calm again. Maybe his muse would return then. Or some ideas? He had found inspiration with chemical influences before and since he wasn't going anyplace anytime soon, well why not? Ethan began to rummage in his little hiding spots. He had multiple given his families distrust in him and frequent belly aching over his attitude, choices and sobriety. He didn't have a problem no matter how much they wanted him to need rehab. No he had the drugs fully understand control. He didn't even use nearly as much or as often as they seemed to think. He could be up or down or just angry as all hell and not have touched them. They didn't believe that though. Didn't want to believe the problem might just be him and not what he took. That part he was fine with. He didn't like that possibility either.

Ahhh! Found it. Found the little box of pills he had bought a few weeks back. He didn't know exactly what they were but he liked what they did for him. They made him feel calmer but they has another bennificual side effect. Something akin to hullicinations but not as extreme. No it just messed with his perception of light colour and to a lesser degree sound. This little box might just contain the inspiration he needed.

Ethan lay back looking up at the ceiling of his large room and waited until he could feel the calm begin to wash over him then watch as the afternoon sunlight began to do things that were impossible. Then tried to reproduce what he was seeing in his sketch book.

/wc 512
Last edited by Grengirl on Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grengirl
Sagacitas

Re: ☀ Fireworks

Post by Grengirl » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:25 pm

(For my flightrisk)
A young boy padded down the paved roads in his sun browned bare feet. Much of the boy had been Sunwarmed this past month actually as this particular boy much loved his summers outside though he rarely was allowed to venture outside his fenced in yard. He was known as a good tempered but quiet child and very few had ever heard him speak at all. Though sometimes he would point or make odd noise or sound. If not for that most of the village residents would think him mute.

Tonight as he padded along though he was making a happy humming noise. The same happy hum he emanated when he found a food he liked the taste and texture of. That was until a loud boom stopped him in his tracks. Silencing the hum and sending his fingers up immediately to plug his ears. The big brown eyes opened wide as a flaming plume burst forth in the sky above him. More explosions followed each one making the small shoulders tense up but the eyes and mouth stayed open transfixed on the fireworks above him. So much so that the boy clad only in his shorts did not notice he had company. The sherif had located him and was content to watch the boy enjoying the light show before returning him home to his worried parents.

/wc 227
Last edited by Grengirl on Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grengirl
Sagacitas

Re: ☀internship

Post by Grengirl » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:30 pm

Image Knut Osmond Merrick sighed as he settled into the desk that morning. He hated early shifts almost as much as he hated the heat of summer. It was a battle to get the AC to a place he was comfortable and it was a loosing battle because the boss always complained and changed it back. Knut was sure the man had a few screws loose but as he needed the job or at least the experiance unless he wanted to end up living off a batistas wages.

Once everything was on and set he had to start facing the clients; their questions, attitudes and most tryingly their complaints. This being a dental office that catered to both local clients and those from away used to more posh arrangements in need of emergency care his days were never boring.

It seemed this day would be no exception as no sooner than he opened the doors up a woman coddling a small boy with a bloody mouth burst in. Knut did his best to calm her and take a look at the boy. He would need something to tell the dentist on duty. Something more than a mouth full of blood anyway. was skateboard? He asked the child getting him to open his mouth a little. Two of the front teeth looked as if bent back. The lower lip was bleeding more than any other part. His hands and chin and knees looked scraped up too. I will have you in a room in just minutes. Wait here be calm okay? Giving the boy a reassuring smile that showed his own bright white teeth.

The brief description to the dentist had him sent back out to bring the boy in and start collecting payment options with the mother. Insurance and other things. Knut hated that part most. Debts for necessary care. At the least this family looked to be able to afford such things not all were that lucky. Sometimes he made mistakes in favour of those clients. He knew he wasn't going to be returning to this office as a full time employee. So doing small niceties seemed like a good thing.

Knut carried the bleeding whimpering boy to the dental chair and reclined it. I brought in first aid kit. I can clean and patch up your knees and hands some. It might sting but it will be better than not taking care of them. I used to fall a lot too. I did not ever get very good with skateboard but I did get better at snowboard. You might like that better?

As soon as the first aid had been administered he was shooed back out to the outer office and reception area where two new clients were waiting and the anxious mother of the boy. He blinked in surprise the day had grown so bust so fast but then took a big deep breath and waded back in. One of the two had a scheduled appointment. That was easy to deal with the other had a thirteen years old girl with her complaining of a tooth ache. The girl had clearly been thriving on candies and sweet drinks since summer had begun. Knut somewhat envied her there and promise to get her in as soon as a opening was made. Then returned to get the matter of payments for the first emergency client of the day.

He reached for his cup only to discover the one thing he got out of this placement beyond experiance had gone cold. Maybe he stood have stayed in coffee after all.

/wc 598
Last edited by Grengirl on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grengirl
Sagacitas

Re: ☀sunflower

Post by Grengirl » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:34 pm

Image Tobias Mattie Flynn settled on the sunny back deck of the house he was now expected to call home. It didn't feel like home to him. Not yet anyway. Nothing was like it had been before except on Sunday. Sunday he was still expected to put on nice clothes and go to a church listen to familiar sermons about sinful, choices and redemption.

The view was better here. Not like his old home. Where his view had been a red brick wall. Here there was light and colour. Birds and bugs. So much sound it had overwhelmed him the first couple nights. He had been told the country house was quiet, but compared to the hospital he had spent three weeks in, it was noisy. But the sunflowers. The bright sunny yellow sunflowers in the morning light gave him something each day.

His body ached for his old medicines but he knew he didn't actually need them. It was a strong wanting. A painful wanting. A wanting that might never fully go away but there was peace here in the view of the sunflowers and maybe finally safety. Even love. Love like it was supposed to feel not painful like the twisted, warped love of his parents.

/wc 207
Last edited by Grengirl on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grengirl
Sagacitas

☀Stranded

Post by Grengirl » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:38 pm

Image Wesley woke in the early morning to find himself alone in the fog on the side of a unfamiliar road. Woke wasn't exactly the right word. More coming back to himself though through made less sense to others when he tried to use that explanation.

He had been up and working on his laptop in the summer home last he remembered. He hadn't taken anything that evening get either so he had no explanation for the lost time this time ... there had been other times this had happened now. The best explanation had been sleepwalking but he knew he hadn't been asleep this time. just what the hell is wrong with me? He mumbled out into the fog.

There were no cars, no houses that he could see and panic raised in his chest tightening his lungs until breathing was painful. He had two choices and neither gave a good idea of how far he would have to travel. Keep going the way he had been facing or go back the way he had come from. Considering he had no idea where he had been going or how long he had been walking that remote country road. He was stranded either way. No phone. No help. Just fog.

fuck and started off again in the direction he had been facing in. Head shaking and lungs tight. Whatever was happening to him he hated it.

/wc 234
Last edited by Grengirl on Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grengirl
Sagacitas

Re: ☀surf (second person/you)

Post by Grengirl » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:43 pm

Image (this is going to be tricky)

You would never believe all the things a see in a summer. You really wouldn't. Even off duty I end up having to help out the people from away. There is at least one search party every year for someone getting lost (mostly while drunk) out in the woods past the lake. You would think with the nice trails that have been built up answer are maintained by volunteers that that eoukdnt happen any more. You do stick to yhe trails when you go out a hike right? It's a good idea really. You see just as much and are far less likely to fall or trip or any of that stuff.

You hear about that kid at the old condemned rollercoaster? Started climbing the bloody thing like a monkey! Somehow got away from his folks and past the barricade. His folks seemed nice, young, but nice. You're not the judge type are ya? No. Okay good. We get lots of young folks who have kids around here. Stuff happens right? It's always best to do what's right.

So where were.. right you asked about the beach and all the stuff that goes on there. After hours there is allot more drinking, drugs and nakedness if you catch my drift .. but it happens in the day too. Some of you kids just have no morals no more. Then it ain't always kids. Had to remind a couple grown men the other day. Got a bit carried away in the sun by the surf they did. The bigger of he two had been downing something cleverly disguised in a paper bag. Almost couldn't walk from the beach between his discomfort and that liquid. You think they finished in the car? Parking lot ain't my durasdiction. You know I think the big guy might a been the one with that mermaid selfie? Nah. Couldn't have been.

You know if you want to learn more about the surf out here you should come help neither the clean up after the next big storm! Always find interesting things always. You'd like it. Don't give me that look! You will you don't and I'll pay you for time helping out. Might not be a legal wage but something. An' only if you don't like it or find something interesting. You don't worry your pretty little head there will be another storm before you have to go back to your normal happy little life.

Now tide is changing and lunch is over. Don't forget to tip the lady kid.

/wc 423
Last edited by Grengirl on Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grengirl
Sagacitas

Re: ☀watermelon

Post by Grengirl » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:49 pm

Image Wren frowned deeply at his new companion poking at the delicately sliced fruit he had provided them. The adorable large man seemed to act like a child far too often when it came to any healthy choices that were provided him. Wren was beginning to think the man had a desire to die young. He had already gone grey and in middle school from the slurred fragment of explanation he had managed to aquire a few nights ago.

Baby.. Fender its sweet almost like candy and juicy. You need to hydrate with something else from time to time than your favorite brown bottles. If we are going to keep spending time together your going to have to start accepting that I serve food. Real food and not just junk and take out. It's really bad for you to eat that all the time. It worries me. Even if we don't stay like this when summer is over .. I want to keep in touch. You want that too right? We get along well, don't we?

But it's pink. I never liked anything pink.

You listen to P!nk. Don't try to lie about it either you big goof! Just try some. Really that's all I'm asking. I have also seen you drink pink lemonade. For the record. I mean I wouldn't want you to get confused about simple facts. Besides if you like it I can make you some more summer friendly drinks. They will be pink too but even sweeter for the use of the watermelon you are refusing to even look at.

You ain't gonna stop are ya? .. fine but can you start with the drinks instead. It was a long dry day out under that hot sun. I can't go getting dehydrated now can I? Might so pills our fun later. A crass smile spreading on his tanned face. We should keep touch. Never know when I might need a nurse.

Sweetie what you need is a dietitian, but a nurse isn't a bad substitute. No we don't want you getting dehydration and yes that would spoil my plans for you tonight.

Wren still couldn't help but worry the man he was so haplessly falling for had so many obvious problems. The big guys health was probably far more fragile than he imagined. The constant booze only added to that. And based on a few reactions he had gotten in the bedroom his new boy had been hurt in the past. Fender wasn't a bird with a broken wing. Comparatively a wing would be easier to mend. This would take time and a great deal of support. Fender surely must have other friends? Family he talked to? Or had he climbed so far down the rabbit hole now that there was no one else left but him?

He would start with shifting his diet for now and then try to expand if that task met even a little success. He had already decided to invite Fender to move in with him at the end of the summer. He had been told he would go where the work was so he just had to find work for his perspective boyfriend to seal the deal. Right? God he hoped so. Fender was so sweet and loving when he opened up. Everything he had been looking for in a partner. He wasn't going to turn that away because there were other problems.

I'll go make you a drink as soon as you take one bite. Just one. Ouch! ... you know damn well that's not what I meant. Devolving from indignation into giggles as the sharp nip was replaced with kisses. It seemed Fender had succeeded in distracting him.

/wc 617
Last edited by Grengirl on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grengirl
Sagacitas

☀ Sunscreen

Post by Grengirl » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:21 pm

Image (Nope not living in the Atlantic region at all. *tucks big yellow hat under equally yellow coat*)

Even the small black feline in the ferrit cage was appalled and moved back from the heat radiating off Landon. His skin might just have surpassed his hair in redness. Amy took him into one of the back rooms and dug through her supplies. Finding a aloe gell she pushed it into his hands hard.

Dear god Landon what could you have possibly been thinking! Even if know just how fast you gingers turn crisp in the sun! You go put that on every inch of your red skin and no I'm not sending you back home either. You volunteered and I'm going to make use of you. It is still our busy season. I'm just going to have to keep you indoors and from anything that might damage your skin further. .. let's see how you do with files first. Then maybe you can help me with some cleaning tasks? You should be fine with gloves. I won't hold you to office clothing rules either. Your running clothes will do. That burnt skin needs air exposure. And you are to drink water!

Amy so resembled his mother in one of her overprotective overbearing rants that all he could bring himself to do was nod and do exactly eat she asked of him. He had spent most of the previous day outside and had thought he had been applying sunscreen regularly but he had taken the wrong bottle and had instead been applying a moisturizing cream all day. It might have mitigated the burn a little. He wasn't as sore as he had expected to be once he had discovered the mistake. But damn he was lobster red!

And so he spent today all but locked in a office and being force fed water and aloe lotion. He hardly got to see any of the animals only a dog named max, who was lucky enough to be getting adopted that day, and of course Faith who was all but ignoring him because he smelled and looked funny. Not to mention his skin was too hot. It was almost like she was mad with him but at the same time he thought he saw following him around the room with her lemon lime green eyes concern mixed into her purposely vacant expression.

He stopped to speak with her one last time before leaving for the day. Amy had insisted on driving him back. The cat sniffed carefully at his fingertips then gave a soft nudge before rubbing her nose against them.

He promised her he wouldn't forget to use sunscreen again and heard purring as he began to walk away.

/wc 438
Last edited by Grengirl on Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grengirl
Sagacitas

Re: ☀captain

Post by Grengirl » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:07 pm

Dot had been dozing in her hammock set up in the engine room of the small rouge space vessel. Her primary tools scattered about. Her favorite a comicly large cast metal wrench was hung on a peg above the classic red tool chests. Drawers hanging open in them and God knew what stuffed inside them as Dot was a collector.

She came by it naturally enough as the plantoid she had been born and raised on was a literal dump owned and operated by a galactic corporation and her people were just slightly better off than slaves. Her ancestors had not had that particular boon and had been brought to the plantoid against their will. Dot was actually one of the few granted any formal education and had excelled in basic engineering and other mechanical skills. She had plotted to smuggle herself off world but meeting this ragtag crew had given her a better oppertunity as they had no sweet clue about how to fix or maintain any of their cool shit and she did. Well she had had to prove it first but that had been easy for her. Though hadn't exactly engraciated her with the captain. As she had basicly touched and fiddled with everything he was telling her not to.

It was a rattling noise that stirred her from her nap. First her long chinchilla like ears twitched at the noise then her green lion tail perked up seconds before her head.

Well that ain't a happy noise!

And jumped to the side as a hot bolt came spitting across the small room. She took to her favorite and mostly useless tool. hey! Com. Computer thing! I kinda need to chat with the captain if you don't mind?

If you wish Dot...patching you through.. connected. Can I be of further assistance?

Captain! .. now, you did fine thanks.. Captain! Ya need ta land, and now would be better than later, or soon! Another bolt could be heard bouncing of the metal of her comic wrench. I mean unless you like the idea of exploding first? Boss it's your call. Oh and the longer it takes the tougher it's gonna be on what we land on so you might wanna get on that.

She didn't know the closest planet was habitable, inhabited but classified as uncivilized and a no contact world. She didn't know finding the parts she would need would be nigh onto impossible. What she did know was landing was necessary for survival. Be damned, she didn't escape that junk heap just to blowup in her first proper ship. So what if they were smugglers, pirates and whatever else that the authorities wanted to call them. It was her ship; and the crew were okay too. Death was not a old friend she wanted a reunion with.

The vessel made a ungracful landing in a thickly wooded area. All hands survived.. at least according to the voice in the walls.

/wc 492 *removed typos
Last edited by Grengirl on Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.