yeehaw!

Welcome to Advanced Scribes! All new users are required to post within this board at a minimum of two (2) times before they will have access to participate on the full forum. We love new members and we want to integrate you into our family by getting to know you! Don't be shy!

Moderator: Admin Aide

roscoe
White Belt
House: Amaranthine

yeehaw!

Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:13 am

• oh wow i'm super bad at introductions so yeah. anyway.

my username is roscoe, as you can see, but you're welcome to call me noah - as is my actual name. i'm 18 years old, i'm a gay transgender man [he/him], i'm just shy of a month on testosterone.

i'm planning to officially start the process of converting to judaism around my 19th birthday. i want to get a degree in animal behavior and welfare but i'm not sure when that'll happen because i have to figure out a lot of life things first, and i also want to be a dog trainer and am working towards becoming a volunteer dog trainer at my local shelter.

uhm... i love writing fandom-y stuff but i'm also trying to get back into producing original content because i've mostly been writing fandom stuff these past few years (outside of roleplaying spheres). that being said, the fandoms i've participated in recently include: marvel, lucifer, svu, blue bloods, criminal minds, schitts creek. (i'm probably missing some because my memory is bad, but yeah!)

yeah... i don't know... i guess that's it? thanks for reading!
Last edited by roscoe on Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lost
Global Moderator
House: Halcyon

Re: yeehaw!

Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:03 pm

It's so lovely to meet you! My lovely girlfriend Nev has already contacted you as your house keeper but I was glancing over her shoulder while she was doing that (I ish nosey person) and omg hi lucifer. I love this man.
Anyway, if you need any help around the site, feel free to contact any of the staff here and we'll try and help out!
Lost
python regius
Green Belt
House: Halcyon

Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:36 pm

its uncommon to meet someone else interested in animal welfare so I had to stop in and say hello
im getting a general degree in biology but I'm focused on animal (specifically) reptile welfare, enrichment, and training. my senior review papers are "an ethical argument for and biological investigation of the theory of bioactivity" and another on an evaluation of reptile enrichment and its effectiveness (and pointing out that most studies done so far are biased)
I spend a lot of my free time researching how to up the standard of care for captive animals and reading about animal training/dog behavior and training
I have lots of books about welfare, enrichment, training, and behavior on my shelf if you need recommendations (and a site with cheap options for ordering them lol)
ALL OF MY LIFE I'VE BEEN
┌─────────────────────────────────┐
time ★★★★muse ★★★☆☆
request thread -- writing -- characters -- the best

└─────────────────────────────────┘
H E A D I N GxF O RxH E L L

roscoe
White Belt
House: Amaranthine

Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:10 am

@lost: thank you very much!! and yes, i loooooove lucifer. tom ellis... what a man. also, just in general... the show is sooo great because it offers up a lot of viewpoints that one typically wouldn't consider (re: the devil) and i've maybe written a bunch of stuff on that.

@python regius: and i know right? like i'm always excited when i meet someone who also wants to go into animal welfare. (or anything similar to animal welfare.) i'm going to be totally honest and say i know almost nothing about reptiles (except that A LOT of people don't know how to properly care for them in ways that'll allow them to live their longest (happiest) lives) but that sounds great. and it sounds like you're passionate about that sort of thing, which is always a good thing to have when going into any career. and i'll definitely have to pm you for book recommendations (especially if any of those are dog/canine related, because that is going to be my main focus.)