hi there!

Welcome to Advanced Scribes! All new users are required to post within this board at a minimum of two (2) times before they will have access to participate on the full forum. We love new members and we want to integrate you into our family by getting to know you! Don't be shy!
Bourbon
White Belt
House: Unsorted

hi there!

Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:45 am

hello! y'all can call me Bourbon or Koda or any variant of those two! I'm nineteen years old and, if it isn't obvious, new to this site. A friend of mine on Discord mentioned it so I thought I'd check it out. I've been writing/roleplaying since 2009, so 10 years now! I enjoy pretty much anything supernatural (witches, werewolves, vampires, etc.) and I love literature. I'm also terrible at introductions so if you have any questions about anything, don't be afraid to ask! I'm definitely looking forward to exploring this site. ♥
cammie
White Belt

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:19 pm

• welcome to the site!!
      gotta confess that, like you, i started roleplaying/writing when i was just. rlly young. but as is,, the only site i've consistently used over the past couple years. i hope you enjoy you time here && meet some really good partners
      also you just,,, seem so chill it's lovely
chemically poisoned
Attendant
House: Amaranthine

Re: hi there!

Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:35 pm

hello bourbon! and welcome to advanced scribes.
i am so excited to have a new addition to the site; i just love seeing new faces to the evergrowing community. i hope you find your time on the site worthwhile and meaningful. i very much enjoy this site and love the friendships that are made on the site.

if you have any questions about how the site works or how to navigate the site, just let me know. i'd be happy to show you around and help you gain familiarity with the site as it can be quite daunting at first. if any other questions arise, shoot me or any of the staff (those of us with colored usernames such as mine) a pm and we'd be happy to help out. i'm always looking for a new friend, so if you'd like to just chat, my inbox is always open. you can always ask for my discord too.

i hope you enjoy as and have a good time!
Bourbon
White Belt

Re:

Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:17 am

chemically poisoned wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:35 pm
hello bourbon! and welcome to advanced scribes.
i am so excited to have a new addition to the site; i just love seeing new faces to the evergrowing community. i hope you find your time on the site worthwhile and meaningful. i very much enjoy this site and love the friendships that are made on the site.

if you have any questions about how the site works or how to navigate the site, just let me know. i'd be happy to show you around and help you gain familiarity with the site as it can be quite daunting at first. if any other questions arise, shoot me or any of the staff (those of us with colored usernames such as mine) a pm and we'd be happy to help out. i'm always looking for a new friend, so if you'd like to just chat, my inbox is always open. you can always ask for my discord too.

i hope you enjoy as and have a good time!
♡ — Thank you, Chem! The site is a bit daunting but I look forward to exploring it. I'd definitely appreciate it if you could show me around a bit ^^ And I'm always up for chatting! I'll send you my discord!
cammie wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:19 pm
    • welcome to the site!!
      gotta confess that, like you, i started roleplaying/writing when i was just. rlly young. but as is,, the only site i've consistently used over the past couple years. i hope you enjoy you time here && meet some really good partners
      also you just,,, seem so chill it's lovely
♡ — Thank you so much! You seem pretty chill too, definitely message me some time!
Syn
White Belt

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:43 pm

I am with you Bourbon; This site can be ridiculously daunting. I've peaked through every corner and shadow of this site, and I've seen some people who write more beautifully than my favorite authors. However, I think that's also what is so spectacular about this site! Because we will be surrounded by such amazing writers, and because everyone is so helpful and nice, it will also push us to become better writers ourselves.

By the way, I am new too, but I wish you the best of luck in finding your way around, and figuring out what works best for you :) Welcome to AS!
Gₒₒd ₑᵥₑₙᵢₙg ₑᵥₑᵣyₒₙₑ!
ᵢf yₒᵤ ₕₐᵥₑ ᵣₒₗₑ ₚₗₐy ₛᵤggₑₛₜᵢₒₙₛ ₘₑₛₛₐgₑ ₘₑ!
ᵢ ₐₘ ᵢₙₜₑᵣₑₛₜₑd ᵢₙ gᵣₒᵤₚ ₐₙd ₁ₓ₁
ₘₑₛₛₐgₑ fₒᵣ ₘₒᵣₑ ᵢₙfₒᵣₘₐₜᵢₒₙ
Orinvlas
White Belt

Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:48 pm

Hello, all. I've got to agree that the site looks a little daunting to a new person like me. The setup is certainly different than anything I've seen before. But everyone here seems really nice so far, so I think it will be fun to dive in.
thunderofthebun
Administrator
House: Halcyon

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:01 pm

We definitely try to have our own thing going here at Advanced Scribes, but should you have suggestions, questions, or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out to us! We’ve also added a link to an anonymous feedback box for this as well, as long as it’s not subject to inappropriate behavior. We want to know what attracts people here, what keeps older members around, and what could improve AS for future members!
Happy March!

Check out the AS Survey and let us know how we can improve.

My current to-do list: discussion and poll for the April Event,
get older, prep said event (if still occurring), prep the April afflatus
conclude the AS survey, 1x1 event, and social media survey,
share 1x1 event results, current points,
and create thread for anon box discussion.
Also: finalize Never's backend access, discuss themes status

Happy Birthday to all of the March blueberries!
asteria.
White Belt

Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:02 pm

hey there bourbon, it’s nice to meet you! i’m glad that you heard about this site through a friend on discord, because as a previous user here, i can say that this is a great place to write and meet new people!
just like you, i’ve been rolpelaying/writing ever since, like... 2011, i think? whenever i started, it’s been a long time. i’m even a partial writing major in college now!

anyways, welcome to AS! i hope you enjoy your time here as much as i have c:

hey guys, my name is courtney!
i'm finally back after a long hiatus
and slowly working my way back
into the world of writing for fun.
shoot me a message if you'd like,
i don't bite!