33%
No
8%
In December, I want to relax and/or reserve muse for the nano event
58%

Total votes: 12
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.
House: Halcyon

Re: Halcyon Common Room

Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:59 am

ichor. wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:35 pm
@spirit; I’ll definitely make sure we have that as a thread! Thank you for the suggestion

Also, everyone, don’t forget about the poll up above! I’m hoping to get more feedback by the end of this week to see if I should scrounge up a prompt or wait until December!

And of course I’m very proud of all the Afflatus activity you guys do. Keep it up c;

I’m going to hopefully get started on a questionnaire soon as well! So that’ll be...

1. Announcement thread
2. Questionnaire thread
3. Art/Photography thread
XP
you’re welcome
MickeyRose
Green Belt

Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:06 am

SO Okay, I do admit that I have been away for quite some time but I am being driven nuts. I appreciate as someone who likes to hear the other side, all the opinions. It is a great way to see everything from everyone's perspective and it is a perfect way to be more accepting and understanding. However, I am frustrated to see so little compromise and more back and forth argument of what should and shouldn't be. I am sorry, I am pretty confident that the color and the mascot isn't changing. Think Hogwarts, if someone didn't like the yellow of Hufflepuff or the Green of Slytherin, were they able to change it? Or did they get to change the animal when a Lion didn't feel right to a Griffindor or an eagle as a mascot of Ravenclaw? What about your high school, did the colors and mascot change just because someone didn't appreciate the beauty that it was? I am sorry, it may just be the sick talking but I am frustrated to see the argument and almost like a dislike of what is here. I have been watching this from the sidelines and its just kinda hard to see the dislike of what us Halcyon people are and what leads us.

TLDR: HAVE SOME HALCYON PRIDE FOR WHAT WE ARE AS A HOUSE AND PLEASE SHOW SOME LOVE ♥

I do love all of you dearly, I just want some more appreciation for who we are.
important
Global Moderator

Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:25 am

all that was really asked was whether we like the rainbow idea for the unicorn, which isn't the official colour(s) of halcyon anyway. some did, some didn't. for some of us, the argument was that the halcyon mascot/colours were already too feminine as it was, and having a rainbow mascot would only worsen that. other arguments were about inclusion. i may just be reading it wrong but nowhere did anyone say to just trash halcyon's mascot/colours as it stood -- just gave ideas for variants based of rak's question. i might be out of line here but :/// i love my house and have complete pride in being halcyon -- i just wanna see some variety and something that can feel good for all of this house's members
ichor.
Archivist
House: Halcyon Keeper

Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:36 pm

Going to step in here now that I have a better, clearer understanding of what this variant design discussion is about. I was confused myself, especially since it seemed like people were talking about changing the house color. Overall, it did seem like people weren't entirely happy with the mascot and colors, which is, of course, totally fine since everyone has their opinions ^^ There was also concern brought to me regarding the matter, so I decided to poke around a little bit to get a better understanding so that I can explain ^^

Anyways, the whole variant design is just that. A variant design for the house. We will still have the main design of our unicorn with our purple and white colors. The variant design could be used for things like pride month - though, in that case, I think it would be fair/best to have all the houses with a rainbow variant - and other things. I'm not 100% what the plans are or the reasons for the variant design, so don't take my absolute word for it. I'm sure, over time, we'll have even more variant designs ^^

If you guys would like, I highly recommend creating or finding some color pallets that can be used ^^ I personally think a hint of purple should be there since it is our house color, but I'm liking the idea of a darker variant as well.

I hope this helps clear any misunderstanding! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me or message me the question so that I have time to find out the answer. :)
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:53 pm

maybe mauve, amethyst, or Heather? (lighter, but looks more faded to me)

https://digitalsynopsis.com/design/colo ... of-shades/
Meraki
Overseer

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:11 pm

• Asdgjnldf. Those purples are so pretty, but I am a deep purple fan. Stuff like that wine color or eggplant really do it for me. ;D
COME TAKE MY HEART OF GLASS
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
[My fiance]xx[Dragon]xx[Duckling]xx[CC]
───────────────────────
AND GIVE ME YOUR LOVE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Heyyo, I'm Connor one of the site overseers
here on AS. If you experience any bugs, I'm
your guy to go to. I'm currently a witchling
trying to impress my fiance, I have a really
huge obsession with foxes, and I love me a
good bit of horror. My inbox is always open

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
ichor.
Archivist

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:19 pm

Mer........ smh
I actually like the mauve shade the best cx and iris
rough patch. trying to catch up with prompts first, then replies. sorry for the wait.

replies: walker, savannah, omnom, song, algo, irish, cider, important, memory,

finished & in drafts phoenix, ghost, snow, josh, algo, mags, melonous, andromeda, cider, algo, shai

forms: nio, mags
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt

Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:28 am

Meraki wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:11 pm
    • Asdgjnldf. Those purples are so pretty, but I am a deep purple fan. Stuff like that wine color or eggplant really do it for me. ;D
XP
glad to help

wine’s in the purple, but isn’t it actually a reddish color?

https://manyinterestingfacts.wordpress. ... of-purple/

dark, very dark, royal, regal, imperial
cyber grape (lol)
Gamora.
Black Belt

Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:13 pm

• Hey ichor,

That activity this month was fun! I've been having no muse for the prompts for some reason, unfortunately, but actually did 2 character interviews instead of 1, then the activity too!

• ┌────────────────┐
    just a total marvel nerd &
    starmora and the greatest
    showman enthusiast.
    my inbox is always open.
    └────────────────┘
    my starlord sin bin
    ────────────────
ichor.
Archivist

Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:50 pm

I'm glad! It's been something I've saved up for a while and I had scheduled it for a few months earlier than now, but then I thought it would be perfect to get the gears turning for anyone who is wanting or thinking about partaking in nano but may be struggling with ideas ^-^

If you guys ever have any activity suggestions, let me know! The "Which OC Would..." activity was suggested by a member :)

And make sure you guys put your feedback in and any ideas! If you've already complete the form but have ideas later, then message me your ideas so that I can keep them in mind when thinking up of changes for the Afflatus next year! Or you can submit them through the regular Afflatus form :)