Halcyon Common Room

Home of the identity seekers.
Kael
Silver Belt
House: Halcyon

Re: Halcyon Common Room

Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:16 pm

Im happy to see some activity here!

Also guys, remember that you don't need to pour out a 1k word prompt for the afflatus ;) all bits help and the most important thing is to have fun!

I have been slacking with writing too lately but I hope to find a better balance in work / rl / hobbies. These weeks have been exhausting for me so I hope that I will soon regain muse.

also I finally found some arrow funko dolls im so happy
I'm still fixing all the cracks
Lost a couple of pieces when
I carried it, carried it, carried it home
I'm afraid of all I am
My mind feels like a foreign land
Silence ringing inside my head
Please, carry me, carry me, carry me home

thunderofthebun
Admin

Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:01 am

^ TRUE STORY. Even just ideas for future interview questions, little articles, tips, even writing book reviews or sharing recipes and stuff like that. We just really appreciate members contributing content (and it really helps us out).

As for my weekend, I'll be with my boyfriend as usual and we're having lunch with his parents tomorrow since I mentioned I haven't seen them in a couple months and they live so close. I'd LIKE to go for a walk or hike on Sunday but it can be hard to get my boyfriend out sometimes (he often wants to just relax) while my brother wants to hike either longer or at a farther location than I was thinking..

I really need to get on the train of doing the other end of afflatus stuff. I LOVE fun questions to answer, in particular.

Edit;

My boyfriend just got home, saw me on my laptop, and rushed to get out his new Surface Pro thing and practically jump on the couch next to me to be like "LOOK I CAN BE JUST LIKE YOU" because I always use my laptop on the couch. And he loves that it logs him in from his face, just like his phone (I find that weird and kind of unsettling, myself). I just wish someone was here to hear the ridiculous things he says sometimes and how goofy he is.

Someone tell me why I should like his new toy pls. Like I know it's fancy because it's a laptop in tablet physical form but like... I hate the mouse. It's weird and I don't like it. I also think it's rude of the company to consider necessities like a keyboard and mouse to be 'accessories' like HOW ARE YOU SAYING IT'S A LAPTOP THEN?! And expensive accessories at that! I decided (and people have agreed) that you really ought to be able to pick 1 included 'accessory' and then just have the others be extra cost.
Happy May!

- Share team changes ✔
- Share poetry finalists in afflatus ✔
- Finalize the May afflatus ✔
- Finalize the AS survey results
- Create the 100 DoS prompt list
- Update the anon box thread
- Update the sidebar ✔
- Discuss the workshop idea
- Update the afflatus coding
- Prep afflatus images
- Update the team page
Also: discuss themes status

Happy Birthday to all of the May blueberries!
sylver
Green Belt

Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:22 am

• how y'all doing in here? has everyone had a nice week so far? i've been... wish i could say busy, but nah. i just sit at work for 8+ hours and don't really do anything. everyone envies me, but honestly, i'd rather be stressed out and super busy so the day feels shorter

i have 6 PMs to get to, so maybe i'll manage to sprinkle those in throughout the day. i'd write some stuff as well, but my boss is probably just gonna start questioning what i'm doing since typing a lot when threre's nothing much to do is super obvious. man, i miss being in marketing *sighs in bored & tired*

anything coming up that you're looking forward to this week? c:
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
cyril, 21, they/them, infp-t, gemini, greyromantic asexual, true neutral/neutral good, german
my golden heart, my rp search, my afflatus stuff, my toyhouse, my goodreads, may playlist

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Gamora.
Black Belt

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:54 pm

• thankfully typing a lot is no big deal where I'm at because being a receptionist/administrator, there's always things to do and write haha. i get why you don't like being bored at work though. I like it when I'm busy enough to keep most of my day entertained.

I don't have much to look forward to this week, just looking forward to the weekend. playoff hockey starts this week for my local team so the game on saturday will be a good one. and i'm going to see captain marvel again on sunday too so i'm excited!!

how about you sylver? any plans?
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x

talk marvel to me and send me vines please.
    gamora still is and always will be my number 1

i luv u bitchhh - bestest pal in the entire galaxy

[x][x] pirate [x] dnd group rp [x][x] n0mad
    [x] python [x] algo [x] incandescence [x] snow
    [x][x] jazzy [x] newt [x] beyond blood [x] sin bin
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
Gamora.
Black Belt

Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:52 pm

• Double post in attempts to keep this thread alive.

Just finished up with the Afflatus Activity! I did two character interviews and member interview too. Trying to come up with something to write for one of the prompts! Anybody else planning to get some pieces done for the Afflatus? Saw a few Halcyon pals post already!
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x

x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
Starryy Skiies
Silver Belt

Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:46 am

Popping in to say hi! I love how right as I say I wanna be more active, things get hectic lol. But! I got my big assessment done and turned in so hopefully I'll have more time to be more active here. Three semesters of stressing is finally over thank GOODNESS

I definitely wanna take a look at the Afflatus prompts later and try and get some done!

Search
Tumblr
I'm Starry and I love Galra and Star Stable! Hit me up if you wanna chat! I've also got a discord if anyone is interested!
ichor.
Archivist
House: Halcyon Keeper

Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:40 pm

Starryy, that is a mood. I keep trying to come back and up my activity but I'm in a never-ending cycle with university. I cannot wait until I am freaking done, but after that it's going to be medical school kicking my ass :)))

I hope everyone is doing well and those that are in college aren't too stressed! I had my second chem test yesterday and I was so stressed about it, but I managed to do MUCH better than my first test, which I'm extremely happy about. It isn't the ideal grade I wanted and was 1-2 questions away from it, but that's okay considering how much I've been struggling with this class

I dread organic chemistry.
rough patch. trying to catch up with prompts first, then replies. sorry for the wait.

replies: walker, savannah, omnom, song, algo, irish, cider, important, memory,

finished & in drafts phoenix, ghost, snow, josh, algo, mags, melonous, andromeda, cider, algo, shai

forms: nio, mags
Starryy Skiies
Silver Belt

Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:57 pm

Oof for real! I finish my undergrad in May, but I've got a year of grad school and student teaching before I can get my Masters and finally be done. And I am SO ready!

That's great!!

Search
Tumblr
I'm Starry and I love Galra and Star Stable! Hit me up if you wanna chat! I've also got a discord if anyone is interested!
Gamora.
Black Belt

Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:52 pm

• let's rack those points up in the afflatus guys because we got our ass whooped in the 1x1 comp xD
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x

x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
ichor.
Archivist
House: Halcyon Keeper

Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:30 am

Go go go

Honestly though you guys kick ass with the Afflatus points. We’re always (almost always?) in first place with those 💁🏽‍♀️
rough patch. trying to catch up with prompts first, then replies. sorry for the wait.

replies: walker, savannah, omnom, song, algo, irish, cider, important, memory,

finished & in drafts phoenix, ghost, snow, josh, algo, mags, melonous, andromeda, cider, algo, shai

forms: nio, mags