Halcyon Common Room

Home of the identity seekers.

Moderator: Admin Aide

Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.
House: Halcyon

Re: Halcyon Common Room

Thu May 09, 2019 3:17 am

ichor. wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:28 pm
Spiritstar3 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:02 am
i be interested in questionnaires
there's a questionnaire posted in the house forum! bloop
thank you
Gamora
Black Belt

Thu May 09, 2019 12:58 pm

• Honestly Anika, if there is ever times you don't have an activity planned, allowing us to do both prompts is a great idea! I'm having a lot of fun incorporating both of them into one and it challenges me to write 2000 words for probably the first time ever. It's awesome! So please don't feel bad about having no activity!
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐
      i'm just your average marvel nerd & starmora
      enthusiast. feel free to pm me about anything.
      still suffering from post-endgame depression.
      julienuhhh100 days of summerstorage

└────────────────────┘

ichor.
Admin Aide
House: Halcyon Keeper

Thu May 09, 2019 2:29 pm

@spirit: no problem!

@gamora: yeah i figured it would be fair to let you do both prompts if you wanted to/could to still earn the 20ish+ points we usually give for the activity. the prompts don't have to be combined to get the 60 points though. you could write two separate prompts of 1k words and still get 60 points since anything 1k+ is 30 points

guy's i'm so tired please e n d my suffering

gotta study for my last final and prepare an essay. it's in like 2.5 hours?
empty.
Orange Belt

Thu May 09, 2019 5:35 pm

• woo i did the member questionnaire!
sylver
Attendant

Thu May 09, 2019 5:45 pm

• whoops, haven't been in here for a few days again because of life oof

@empty. hey, welcome to halcyon! c: hope you're gonna feel right at home with the rest of us~

@gamora. congrats for winning the social media challenge!! seeing someone with a coloured username always reminds me to check the new prompt tbh. not really feeling this month's prompt either, but i'm def gonna participate,,, some day, haha

@ichor i agree that allowing users to do both prompts is a good alternative to the activity. i'm def gonna try to get some afflatus stuff done on the weekend. not sure about the prompts yet since i don't really have a decent idea for either of them yet, but we'll see

that being said, anyone excited for the 100 DOS event? i am! hopefully i can get at least half of them done this year, hhh

also, anyone have any nice plans for the weekend? i'm kinda nervous because i'm planning on revealing that i'm in a gay long distance relationship to my three closest friends tomorrow. still don't have a clue how to do it, but,,, none of them are homophobic, so i don't think it'll turn out super bad. i'm honestly mostly worried because i haven't told them in like, almost half a year and i suspect they might be a bit mad that i didn't say anything earlier, ahaha. watch me chicken out last minute
✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ x..x ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮

━━━───━━━[ TAKE ME NOW! ]━━━━━━──━

cyril, they/them, german, infp-t, gemini, a neutral good fool™
it's ya boy, gay angel who's been pining for a demon forever
about me / writing / 100 dos / toyhouse / my golden heart ♡

━━━━━───━━━━━━━──━━━━───━━
I DON'T WANT TO STRAY .FROM THE HALLOWED GROUND!
✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Gamora
Black Belt

Thu May 09, 2019 6:02 pm

• @sylver thank you!! I enjoy trying to get points for us and ironically I just made a military character when last month's prompt came out, so I had a lot of muse for it. I did this month's as well!

as for the weekend, it's going to be pretty jam packed. friday night im seeing endgame for the fourth time but shh its fine with my mama gays, saturday I have a playoff finals game to watch for my local hockey team, and sunday is mother's day dinner! good luck with telling your friends. if they are really your friends, they won't care, so try not to stress about telling them <3
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐
      i'm just your average marvel nerd & starmora
      enthusiast. feel free to pm me about anything.
      still suffering from post-endgame depression.
      julienuhhh100 days of summerstorage

└────────────────────┘

important
Global Moderator

Fri May 10, 2019 8:59 am

• i'm super excited for 100 DoS. doubt i'll get much of it done, but even just doing a few could put halcyon in good standing so i'm gonna take a shot at it lmao.

i'm a bit upset though bc all my muse is wrapped up in the elsweyr chapter but bc my ass is under a NDA, i can't write too much about the quests themselves which is something i wanna do :/ guess i'll have to wait til june lmao
python regius
Orange Belt

Fri May 10, 2019 6:17 pm

• this weekend I'm going to do nothing. and its going to be great
    except walking the dog and writing a paper and recopying notes by monday because finals but that's pretty much nothing compared to the past two weeks
    so excited to get some time to write and code and work on character forms

also I go 3 jobs for the summer to make 4 total! I felt so honored, my profs requested me to take care of their amphbians and reptiles all summer, so I get to hang out with and feed a whole swarm of salamanders and garter snakes. it's gonna be great
Starryy Skiies
Silver Belt

Tue May 14, 2019 8:36 pm

Oooh that's awesome! Salamanders are so heckin cute!

Y'all, ya girl has a whole degree now! I graduated college on Saturday! I still can't believe I'm done with undergrad. I was shaking so hard when I got off the stage, lol. My family watching the livestream got a good screenshot of me shaking my department head's hand, which I'm excited about because Dr. Murphy is the bestttt and I was so excited that I got to take my diploma case from her <3

Search
Tumblr
I'm Starry and I love Galra and Star Stable! Hit me up if you wanna chat! I've also got a discord if anyone is interested!
sylver
Attendant

Wed May 15, 2019 10:18 pm

• @important oof, that sucks :/ well, at least you've got something to look forward to, right? c:

@python regius good luck with finals (or, if you're done with them by now, hope everything went well)! and oooh, that sounds cool. c: i've never really been an amphibian & reptile kinda person, they're one of the few types of animals/pets i didn't grow up with, but i do like looking at them and touched a snake or two before <w< hope you enjoy your time with them though!

@starryy skiies congrats on graduating!! i can imagine that it has to be a really exciting thing, haha. i only graduated high school/business college & trade school and was,,, kinda apathetic about that for the most part, oof. but it must be cool to get your diploma from your fave professor c:

---

also, i'm sorry if this has been suggested before, but maybe we could make some sort of halcyon birthday calendar (either on here in a thread, or by using an online calendar/planner app of sorts)? those who are down with sharing their birthday (even just day & month if they're not comfortable with sharing their ages) could be added to it so we can wish each other happy birthday or sth? i know we have the AS thing at the bottom for those who have their birthday listed, but i still think a house birthday calendar could be a cute and useful idea
✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ x..x ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮

━━━───━━━[ TAKE ME NOW! ]━━━━━━──━

cyril, they/them, german, infp-t, gemini, a neutral good fool™
it's ya boy, gay angel who's been pining for a demon forever
about me / writing / 100 dos / toyhouse / my golden heart ♡

━━━━━───━━━━━━━──━━━━───━━
I DON'T WANT TO STRAY .FROM THE HALLOWED GROUND!
✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮