Halcyon Common Room

Home of the identity seekers.

Moderator: Admin Aide

ichor.
Admin Aide
House: Halcyon Keeper

Re: Halcyon Common Room

Thu May 02, 2019 5:19 pm

For those that responded, thank you. And yes, like Deer said, I am aware that anyone could have clicked Halcyon and have kept that in mind. This is precisely why once the next issue is out, the same message will be posted alongside it. I do think I need to make some sort of tweak about the form to discourage people from just marking whatever house they wish to get around repercussions though, but at the moment it's not a terrible issue yet but will be looked into.

I do want to move on from this topic though xD I hate dwelling on things too much and this was just a general message that I hope didn't upset/offend anyone as that was not my intention. ^^'

endgame sounds exciting deer. i really want to go see it but must wait until after finals xD a group of friends wants to go so this should be a fun little outing for us once we're all done with finals eue' i can't wait

@sylver: the afflatus google form is closed for the current issue that's up but you are still able to post things on the thread! i will likely be tallying things and double checking tonight/tomorrow. i've been studying for chemistry so things are a bit slow on my end this time around >_> sorry for those waiting for the next issue

──────────────────────
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━──━┓
site admin aide
message for questions or just to chat
slowly returning to rping trying to catch up
discord: anika#6882
my fave color is purple. i like cats & naps

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━──━┛
──────────────────────
xImagex
──────────────────────

──────────────────────
xImagex
──────────────────────
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━──━┓
insta storage plots search
coding writing temp art
charries

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━──━┛
ImageImage
──────────────────────

avenoir.
Silver Belt
House: Halcyon

Thu May 02, 2019 6:33 pm

• I admit I kind of disappeared from this thread. I've gone through a lot during these last months, and AS kind of became the last thing I could think about. I only recently jumped back in, and I see that many of the users I used to play with have left, but some are still here.

That being said, I come here just to share my personal thought about it. Coming from many long-distance friendships, I know well how much the sense of a post can be distorted because you don't always convey the tone of it through words. It is frustrating to specify that you are feeling this way instead of another way because you are worried the ones who read might misunderstand you. An advice can be read as bashing, a genuinely curious question can be read as sarcastic etc.

To read about the misuse of the google response form is awful. It's terrible how people abuse of anonymity to bash at staff members and I can't even wrap my head about it because it's just stupid, childish and petty. If you don't like something, just leave it instead of offending people who pour their hearts into it! I mean, no one forces users to join AS. People like this are ruining AS. I hope that your warnings will discourage this from happening again, and it's true that anyone could say it's from Halcyon. Honestly, that toxicity is alarming and I can't believe it comes from this House, nor from any other House that is. I hope it's possible to find a way to prevent this from happening again as well.

That being said, I hope this site will improve again. There are plenty of things that can get better, but I am sure that the Staff will do an amazing job!!

_________

Speaking about Endgame: I have started to watch the entire "saga" with my bf, in order to eventually watch Endgame and understand every part of it. I honestly underestimated these movies, they are actually cool and I love almost all of the characters!! I can't wait to see how this story will end.

I also want to share the dumbness of my dog: my mother and I took him to the dog park and proceeded to hide behind a tree while he was busy doing his zoomies. He literally panicked when he finally noticed that we weren't around anymore. It was such a pitiful sight we walked out from our hidings... and the expression of relief we saw in his eyes melted my heart. He is such a goof, we couldn't abandon him, he's part of our family and I wish there was a way to tell him, apart from cuddling him! :3
━━━━━━━━━━
muse: ◆ ◆ ◇ ◇ ◇ | time: ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◇

r o l e p l a y s
:: deviancy, corrupted purity
nightmare, fight for your life
:: the arena

sismustiesenpaiboo

━━━━━━━━━━
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SI VIS PACE, PARA BELLUM
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
i am sad and i feel like shit. bless my sis
for existing and making sure i won't have
a breakdown. please be patient...

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
if you want peace, prepare for the war
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ichor.
Admin Aide

Thu May 02, 2019 7:23 pm

ahhh Maya! it's good to see you again! hope everything has been going well for you <3

i admittedly probably should watch all the movies in order before seeing endgame, but i don't even know what the order is ;-; im always kind of lost but like...i like the movies in general, but it would be nice to fully understand everything xD

and aww your poor dog xD i'm sure he knows he's loved though

──────────────────────
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━──━┓
site admin aide
message for questions or just to chat
slowly returning to rping trying to catch up
discord: anika#6882
my fave color is purple. i like cats & naps

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━──━┛
──────────────────────
xImagex
──────────────────────

──────────────────────
xImagex
──────────────────────
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━──━┓
insta storage plots search
coding writing temp art
charries

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━──━┛
ImageImage
──────────────────────

deviant
Green Belt

Thu May 02, 2019 7:26 pm

• @ichor.; it's nice to be back again! i've missed this place :'))

i've seen endgame twice now (third trip booked for saturday, this is what i get for being the "if you've got no one to go with give me a shout" friend) and i just...it's too much for my heart! i'm more than happy to help out with order or movies/understanding of things if you want someone to throw questions at ani c:
sylver
Attendant

Thu May 02, 2019 8:19 pm

• i'm gonna see endgame this sunday with some of my friends! looking forward to it, even though sitting still for three hours is probably gonna kill me. gonna have to order a huge drink to keep me hydrated... maybe smuggle in some extra too, just in case.

tomorrow's gonna be a real pain for me. i just realized that the company i work for has literally been using a wrong pension insurance ID (sorta like a social security number, but it's only for your federal pension fund) for me for almost three years now. plus, there's a few things that seem off about my last two pay slips. it's worse because the employee turnover is so bad, i don't even know who i have to go to for questions anymore. people start working and then quit within half a year (if they even make it that long) and it's hell. <_< i hope that the one person i still know in HR is around tomorrow so i can give her a call and ask, ahaha.

still, i'm glad it's friday tomorrow. wednesday was labor day for me, but i'm still ready for the weekend. also looking forward to the 14th, since it's my dog's birthday and i have the day off as well. i ordered a small pool as a gift for her so she can dip her paws in on hot days (also kinda ordered it for me, but shhh)
✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ x..x ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮

━━━───━━━[ TAKE ME NOW! ]━━━━━━──━

cyril, they/them, german, infp-t, gemini, a neutral good fool™
it's ya boy, gay angel who's been pining for a demon forever
about me / writing / 100 dos / toyhouse / my golden heart ♡

━━━━━───━━━━━━━──━━━━───━━
I DON'T WANT TO STRAY .FROM THE HALLOWED GROUND!
✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Gamora
Black Belt

Thu May 02, 2019 8:20 pm

• avenoir. wrote:

• Speaking about Endgame: I have started to watch the entire "saga" with my bf, in order to eventually watch Endgame and understand every part of it. I honestly underestimated these movies, they are actually cool and I love almost all of the characters!! I can't wait to see how this story will end.

I also want to share the dumbness of my dog: my mother and I took him to the dog park and proceeded to hide behind a tree while he was busy doing his zoomies. He literally panicked when he finally noticed that we weren't around anymore. It was such a pitiful sight we walked out from our hidings... and the expression of relief we saw in his eyes melted my heart. He is such a goof, we couldn't abandon him, he's part of our family and I wish there was a way to tell him, apart from cuddling him! :3
    • This makes me so happy to hear <3 Marvel is a wonderful universe. Also, welcome back to the forms, missed seeing you around. Your dog sounds like a big goof haha.
  • deviant wrote:

i've seen endgame twice now (third trip booked for saturday, this is what i get for being the "if you've got no one to go with give me a shout" friend) and i just...it's too much for my heart! i'm more than happy to help out with order or movies/understanding of things if you want someone to throw questions at ani c:
    • I too can assist in the order of movies. Boom here you go: https://www.amctheatres.com/amc-scene/t ... ch-the-mcu I didn't spoiler check that website, so scroll through the titles quick lol.
      Also newt I missed you <3 I'm so glad you're back. I have my second viewing of Endgame booked for Friday.
  • sylver wrote:
    Thu May 02, 2019 8:19 pm
    • i'm gonna see endgame this sunday with some of my friends! looking forward to it, even though sitting still for three hours is probably gonna kill me. gonna have to order a huge drink to keep me hydrated... maybe smuggle in some extra too, just in case.
    • Careful you don't drink too much cause then you'll have to pee lol
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐
      i'm just your average marvel nerd & starmora
      enthusiast. feel free to pm me about anything.
      still suffering from post-endgame depression.
      julienuhhh100 days of summerstorage

└────────────────────┘

avenoir.
Silver Belt

Thu May 02, 2019 9:41 pm

Gamora. wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:20 pm
  • avenoir. wrote:

• Speaking about Endgame: I have started to watch the entire "saga" with my bf, in order to eventually watch Endgame and understand every part of it. I honestly underestimated these movies, they are actually cool and I love almost all of the characters!! I can't wait to see how this story will end.

• This makes me so happy to hear <3 Marvel is a wonderful universe. Also, welcome back to the forms, missed seeing you around. Your dog sounds like a big goof haha.
  • deviant wrote:

• I too can assist in the order of movies. Boom here you go: https://www.amctheatres.com/amc-scene/t ... ch-the-mcu I didn't spoiler check that website, so scroll through the titles quick lol.
      Also newt I missed you <3 I'm so glad you're back. I have my second viewing of Endgame booked for Friday.
thank you! I am always hesitant about watching super-famous series (i don't really know why, but I did the same with Harry Potter ^^"), but it quickly proved me that I did a huge mistake at starting to watch it so late! I truly hope I'll avoid any spoiler...

also I was watching the movies according to when it was released, but the order you posted actually makes more sense chronologically-wise!! I should show this to my bf, actually cx thank you!!
━━━━━━━━━━
muse: ◆ ◆ ◇ ◇ ◇ | time: ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◇

r o l e p l a y s
:: deviancy, corrupted purity
nightmare, fight for your life
:: the arena

sismustiesenpaiboo

━━━━━━━━━━
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SI VIS PACE, PARA BELLUM
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
i am sad and i feel like shit. bless my sis
for existing and making sure i won't have
a breakdown. please be patient...

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
if you want peace, prepare for the war
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

Thu May 02, 2019 10:59 pm

wait, who’s bashing mods and people?
if you want to keep the bashers anonymous, i understand (i don’t think i have...i only used it once, to submit a prompt suggestion. i’m also...not mean to people unless they really upset me, and no one on here has))
Starryy Skiies
Silver Belt

Sun May 05, 2019 4:22 pm

Aaaa Endgame was so good, I really do need to go see it again! I feel like I missed a bunch of tiny details lol

Search
Tumblr
I'm Starry and I love Galra and Star Stable! Hit me up if you wanna chat! I've also got a discord if anyone is interested!
ichor.
Admin Aide

Mon May 06, 2019 4:31 am

deviant wrote:

definitely missed you! you should dm me whenever you're free <3 i miss talking to you!!

hey i need one of those friends. and i took a look at the link gamora posted and will try to watch in that order! but i'm impatient and wanna see now so i might watch it with my friends and then slowly watch all the movies again in order up to endgame and rewatch endgame xD

@sylver: hope all the pension insurance ID got sorted!

@gamora: thank you for the link xD

@spirit: it was done anonymously through the google form, so we don't know who for certain. they marked halcyon for their house which may or may not be true. but even if we did know who it was, we definitely wouldn't reveal who they are xD

and you should use it more! we love getting all the submissions we can

@everyone: y'all are killing it with the afflatus like damn you guys make me so proud every time i tally up the points xD