Midnight Magic -- Halcyon Prompt Thread

Home of the identity seekers.

Vote on a prompt - which did you like best?

Wanda Maximoff's
13%
Important's
38%
Ichor's
50%
Phancakes's
No votes

Total votes: 8
Kael
Silver Belt
House: Halcyon

Midnight Magic -- Halcyon Prompt Thread

Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:29 pm

xxx
HALCYON PROMPT THREAD
━━━━━━━━━━━ix the identity seekers !!

dialogue
voting closes: tba round ends: mar. 12
xxx
WELCOME TO HALCYON'S PROMPT THREAD!
This is a thread where the unicorns unite to write and share their prompts! Users can casually decide if they want to join or not. Every 2 weeks a new prompt will be given and users can then pick a submission to be nominated in the Afflatus through a poll. Prompt suggestions can be messaged to ichor, the Halcyon Keeper! They can be anything - song suggestions, dialogue prompts, scene prompts, word prompts, and so forth!

This is a casual event, and people are allowed to write as much or as little as they want. Prompts will all be posted on this thread. Remember to add trigger warnings if your prompts may include triggering scenes. But most importantly, have fun!
Kael
Silver Belt

Guidelines

Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:29 pm

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
--
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
the identity seekers

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Song Inspired Prompts
--
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
-

Guidelines
- Submit your prompt on the prompt thread when you finished it!
- You can notify us in the common room when you posted your prompt, and say if you want to receive feedback (or put it in your prompt as a notice).
- You can write anything you want: A short prompt, a longer story, a poem. Go nuts!
- Don't forget to add trigger warnings if your prompt contains triggers.
- Have fun!

Playlist
Kael
Silver Belt

Re: Midnight Magic -- Halcyon Prompt Thread

Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:21 pm

Index
will pretty this all up later
Kael
Silver Belt

Baby it's cold outside.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:18 pm

"So really, I'd better scurry"xx
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
xx"Beautiful, please don't hurry"
SongLyrics
★ Prompt 1 - December 31st ★
ichor.
Archivist
House: Halcyon Keeper

Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:35 am

x Image

words: 799
characters: natalie & noir's stéphane
              • Natalie did not want Stéphane to go out in the cold. She knew that he needed to go out to see if he could find supplies for the two of them, but it was freezing out there. Of course, he had dressed up in as many layers as he possibly could, but the cold would still nip at the exposed skin on his face. Not to mention she’d have to stay indoors wondering if he’d make it back safely. She didn’t like it when he went out alone. Unfortunately, there was not much that could be done when they were low on food. He’d be back soon, she was certain.

Hours passed when she finally heard a knock on the door. The sudden sound in the silence startled the woman, but she quickly recovered and got up from the couch, where she had been curled up with a blanket wrapped around her with the fire roaring in front of her. She had tried to refrain from starting the fire in case the parasites saw the smoke coming from the small cottage that was hidden away in the woods. How they had found the cottage, she didn’t know, but they had been extremely lucky. Lucky enough that they had yet not been found. Natalie quietly made her way to the door and peeked through the peephole. She saw Stéphane and relief coursed through her, before she remembered that the coast was not yet clear. The young woman opened the door slightly, not enough for him to come in, and peered at his eyes. Seeing his look of exasperation and the fact that there was no silver ring around his irises, Natalie stepped back and allowed her boyfriend inside the cottage, quickly shutting the door behind him, along with the bitter, cold air from outside.

The tip of his nose and ears, as well as his cheeks, were red from the cold. Nevertheless, Stéphane grinned down at his girlfriend as she dusted the snow off from his clothes. “Any luck?” she asked, before noticing the rabbits that hung from his belt. “Give them to me,” she ordered him, earning a chuckle from him. She felt his beard rub against her face as his lips pressed against hers, causing her nose to wrinkle.

Tu es mignon,” he told her, endearingly as he pulled back and saw her wrinkled nose, causing another chuckle to come from him. Stéphane handed the rabbits over to her and watched as she took them to the kitchen. He headed over to the living area where the fire was going, grateful for the warmth it provided even though he knew the dangers of having it going. Just a few minutes and then they’d put it out. Stéphane crouched in front of the fireplace, holding his hands out in front of him against the fire’s heat, going over what limited supplies they had left. “Natalie,” he called, turning his head to where the woman stood in the kitchen, working on storing the rabbits away while preparing two of them for their dinner.

“Hmm?” She stopped what she was doing so she could go to the living area, deciding that the rabbits could wait for a few minutes. “What’s up?” she asked as Stéphane stood back up.

“I have to go into one of the nearby towns,” he told her. “We’re almost out of ammo and I could check for other things and food supplies. I’ll leave tonight and come back by tomorrow or the day after,” he informed her of his plan.

“No. You can’t go alone. Especially not tonight. It’s cold outside and you just came back,” Natalie told Stéphane, shaking her head as she crossed her arms.

“Natalie, try to understand. I have to go. I don’t want to risk your life by taking you with me,” he told her, placing his hands on her arms as he looked down at her with a pleading gaze, hoping she would relent for once. Natalie was a stubborn woman and it was not often that she gave in. “Please, Natalie.”

“No. My decision is final. You will not go alone. Stéphane, if something happens to you, how will I know? I’ll be sitting here, waiting and hoping you return. It’s one thing to go out in the woods to hunt for food - even that worries me, but I’ll be useless if I accompanied - but it’s another thing to go into town alone. Besides, if we both go we can bring back more,” the woman argued, stressing her points.

Stéphane sighed in defeat, nodding his head. “D'accord. We'll go together,” he told her, pressing his lips against her forehead before pulling her into a hug.

Natalie grinned, satisfied that she had won the argument. She almost always did.
Kael
Silver Belt

Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:03 pm

Characters: Kaleb & Meraki's Shire || Triggers: Mention of murder and uh flirting || 403 words

It was uncommon for Kaleb to speak. His partner in crime knew that, even if there were scarce moments where the guy did speak. Even if his partner was more of a guard right now as Shire made sure that neither of them would get caught. Kaleb was whistling innocently as he made his way through the house, an annoying habit he had copied from Shire after all those months of working together.

“Mind if I move in closer?” he questioned, tilting his head as he could easily see his next victim hiding in the closet. So cliche, really? He rested himself against the wall next to the closet, tapping the blunt side of his knife against his hand. “So, are you going to tell us? Where is the money?” he questioned, his voice sounding oddly sweet for how cold Kaleb actually was. He could hear footsteps behind him, not batting an eye as he knew it was Shire. Most likely the guy had grown bored downstairs and Kaleb couldn’t blame him.

“Well, at least I’m gonna say that I tried.” Kaleb sighed as he pulled open the closet after the man had decided to remain silent. Peering down on the miserable hope of human, Kaleb reached down to grab the man by his collar and fix the job within a second. He didn’t bat an eye, merely wiping his knife on his shirt as he tossed the ignorant male on the floor.

“How does it come that you talk to them and not to me, am I not special enough?” Shire asked, coming up behind Kaleb to wrap his arms around him, smirking as he pressed a kiss against his cheek.
            “You’re very pushy, you know?”
            “I’d like to think of it as opportunistic.” Shire retorted, the smirk never faltering from his lips. “C’mon, Kal. It’s been too long.”

“We really can’t stay.” Kaleb stated, causing for Shire to roll his eyes. “Of course we can. You just don’t want to stay.”
            Not another word left Kaleb’s lips, the man making sure they were ready for departure and smoking a cigarette in the meantime. Tossing the bud of the cigarette on the floor once everything was prepared to leave, he and Shire were quick to leave the house. He didn’t even need to use his power to see Shire’s dumb grin as another joke was coming.
            “Baby, it surely is cold outside.”
Kael
Silver Belt

Perfect

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:36 pm

"Barefoot on the grass"xxxxxxx
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
x"Listening to our favorite song"
SongLyrics
★ Prompt 2 - January 31st ★
Gamora
Black Belt

ryuk's halycon prompt [1] - "perfect"

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:36 pm

deleted
Last edited by Gamora on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ichor.
Archivist
House: Halcyon Keeper

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:30 am

x Image

words:
characters: erika & cider's benjamin
              • words wip
Sono Reizin
Orange Belt

Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:16 pm

As we walk hand in barefoot in the grass, I can't help but think of a happier day. Instead of barefoot in the grass, I was barefoot in the sand walking with the one I knew I would spend my life with. The sea water splashing on our legs felt cool and smelled heavenly. Oh how much I miss the smell of the sea! Now years have passed and I am with you. The man I had loved is gone and all that is left of me is an empty shell with a broken heart. You pledged your heart and life to me but all I can give you is only half of what I am. Will you truly accept me or will you find out you can't live with an empty shell? The winters here are cold and full of snow. I am used to winters being warm and filled with flowers. This place is flat and I am used to mountains. You love the cold and I love the heat. I love dogs, and you are allergic. You love snakes and I rather not have them near me. You say you love me, but I'm not sure how I feel. I feel numb and cold. Can you really live with someone like me? I love horses and you think they are only good for glue. I love cats and you rather feed them to your snake. How can two people who are so different spend the rest of their lives together? You need someone who can feel passion and I'm not sure I can be that person again. So as we walk here barefoot on the grass, I turn and place a beautiful ring in your hand and then I walk away. I don't feel any of the pain I knew I should have felt. I put my shoes on and I drive away. I don't know where I am going but I just keep driving. It has been days of constant driving without any sleep and I am about to pass out but then I see something that looks familiar. I see the mountains and I know I am home. I head for a familiar path and find myself reading the sign that reads, "Welcome to San Diego." I smile as I drive through all the familiar streets heading to the destination I have been dreaming about for years. Soon I can smell the salty air I love so much an pull into a parking spot. I pull off shoes fatigue and tiredness are forgotten as I ran through the sand. Who needs running through the grass when one can run on the warm sand on a nice sunny day at the beach. I run into the water as memories flash before my eyes. No longer do I see my surroundings but instead, I see the face of the man I love as I disappear into the waves. Who needs running through the grass barefoot with a man, when one can run into the arms of the one you love?