ichor.
Admin Aide
House: Halcyon Keeper

Second Questionnaire: Pride Month

Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:10 am

source

1. what is your sexuality?
2. what do you identify as?
3. how long have you been aware of your sexuality/identity?
4. do you have any preferences?
5. share a positive memory about coming out!
6. how do you feel about pride month?
7. do you participate in pride related events? any other events?
8. how do you feel about lgbtqa roles in media?
9. do you feel pride in who you are?
10. who has been your supportive idols in your self discovery?
11. tell us about your first crush?
12. what sort of advice to have you lgbtqa teens?
13. have you come out to friends and family?
14. how do you feel about the term “coming out” ?
15. do you believe there is a “closet” to come out of?
16. any tips on coming out?
17. what’s your biggest pet peeve when it comes to lgbtqa characterization in media?
18. what’s your favorite parts of lgbtqa characterization in media?
19. what did your teachers say about the lgbtqa community in school?
20. do you practice safe sex with the same sex?
21. what’s an absolute turn off for you in people?
22. what’s an absolute turn on for you in people?
23. how do you feel about lgbtqa clubs/apps/websites?
24. how do you feel about the term “queer” ?
25. how does your country view the lgbtqa community?
26. favorite lgbtqa actor/actress?
27. any tips for heterosexual people on how to handle lgbtqa events/news?
28. what’s the most annoying question you have ever gotten?
29. how do you feel about receiving questions about your sexuality/idenity?
30. what is your romantic affiliation?
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.
House: Halcyon

Member Questionnaire #2- Halcyon fox/wolf girl

Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:30 am

Pretty sure I’m Panromantic, not sure sexually...

Female, if that’s what ya mean.

It doesn’t count for anime characters...But I dated this guy in highschool for like 1 day and we broke up and I just thought we did because we were two awkward. but maybe not...

Pfft, both...even nonbinary/gender neutral or whatever, and genderfluid. I don’t want to have sex with a guy because of the pain...also if i end up with a guy he can’t want to conceive children. i just want to adopt.

I haven’t...my mom might be putting on airs with her family members, idk, but my dad... he’s horrible towards homosexuals, so...

I friggin love it.

I’ve only been doing stuff online, but by coloring Pride linearts and even drawing ocs and writing stories.

Idk? my mom flippin turned off a tv show just bc two girls were holding hands though... Actually, i love this homosexual guy from a fictional show, and Joey Graceffa’s character Rowan wanted to be with 2 people, one of which was a girl. He’s gay, Shane’s gay, i love them.

Yes

no one? Well, i don’t think anyone, but a few friends I’ve RPed with aren’t straight. Also, Gloom is pan and i watch her channel.

The first I can remember was a guy in fifth or sixth grade, but he turned out to be a jerk... I had a crush on a guy in high school but overheard someone saying he told her he was gay. I have no idea whether that was really true though.

Don’t let anyone tell you how to live...Love who you want to love.

No...

I mean, it’s fine.

Metaphorically.

No...

17. what’s your biggest pet peeve when it comes to lgbtqa characterization in media?
Idk, maybe...well, old commercials used to talk about pedophiles just being gay, because they had male teens and kids in their commercials, but the men were clearly pedophiles..

How open some of them are, and how friendly and good of friends they are.

I don’t think they really talked about it.

I don’t have sex.

Pain...and forcefulness.

Lol, looks which seems to be for everybody. Hand touching.? idek

Never really seen any, but they could be alright.

It’s weird...and saying someone’s gay isn’t bad, bc that also means happy.

Idek, but marriage wasn’t legal for a long time...I think it’s only legal in certain states anyway...

Idek...Zachary Quinto I think his name is. There’s a guy from Firefly also, who’s got a husband or boyfriend.

Idek. Maybe don’t be a jerk though...And you don’t have to go there, or watch it, just switch to another channel.

Nothing really.

29. how do you feel about receiving questions about your sexuality/identity?
No one asks.

Pan.
important
Global Moderator

Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:01 am

• 1. what is your sexuality? i like to describe my sexual and romantic attraction as "willing to be with anyone that isn't a cis man"
      2. what do you identify as? male
      3. how long have you been aware of your sexuality/identity? quite a long time, actually! since, what? age nine? so, fifteen years? give or take, at least
      4. do you have any preferences? in... in regards to what? like, gender preferences? when it comes to relationships, i typically lean more towards those who identify as female, but as said above, i'm attracted to any gender that isn't a cis man lmao
      5. share a positive memory about coming out! well! when i came out to my family i got nothing but backlash, but emily and her mum took it all super well, same with all of my friends. i love all the love and support i'm given by all of them <3
      6. how do you feel about pride month? hell yeah babey! a fantastic time to remember that pride month wouldn't exist without the efforts of trans black women!!!!
      7. do you participate in pride related events? any other events? i have never been to pride, actually! i'm terrified of it because i have a really bad fear of huge crowds and stuff
      8. how do you feel about lgbtqa roles in media? i'll be the first to tell you that i don't like stereotypes, and i especially hate when cishet actors play an lgbtqa role. i feel as though it reinforces bad ideology
      9. do you feel pride in who you are? i used to struggle with this a lot, actually, but now that i've had time to integrate myself with a person who loves me for being exactly who i am, i am slowly growing more proud of who i am, yes.
      10. who has been your supportive idols in your self discovery? i didn't really have any, tbh.
      11. tell us about your first crush? lmaaoo, i was like... 10 or 11. it was a girl named mari and for some reason i thought i was in love with her. she kissed me in the bathroom tho, so she was also my first kiss. we dated for like... 3 weeks :/ that's when i learnt the word "infatuation"
      12. what sort of advice to have you lgbtqa teens? don't fuss over labels. these days, it feels as though everyone knows who or what they are, it feels like they've got their identity sorted and labels picked. it takes time to discover yourself, and you should make the most of it. it's ok to "experiment", too. you're still figuring out who you're going to be as a person, you're still young!
      13. have you come out to friends and family? yep, one with regret and the other met with love and acceptance.
      14. how do you feel about the term “coming out”? perfectly fine with it!
      15. do you believe there is a “closet” to come out of? i've never understood the term itself, but i see no issue with it!
      16. any tips on coming out? being in the closet is difficult, but don't ever feel as though you need to come out, especially if you're main concern is acceptance. the rule of thumb is to only come out to those who you know you're safe to come out to. if you fear being kicked out, disowned, etc., just for coming out of the closet, please don't do it. do what's best for you. there is no shame in being closeted.
      17. what’s your biggest pet peeve when it comes to lgbtqa characterisation in media? stereotypes are the worst for me, tbh. can't stand them
      18. what’s your favourite parts of lgbtqa characterisation in media? when shows/movies get actual lgbtqa people to play an lgbtqa role
      19. what did your teachers say about the lgbtqa community in school? no-one ever really discussed it. when i was in school, it wasn't really... smiled upon.
      20. do you practice safe sex with the same sex? safe sex is a must, ofc
      21. what’s an absolute turn off for you in people? pushiness. i'm very insecure with my identity, so it takes me time to warm up to someone enough to trust them on that level.
      22. what’s an absolute turn on for you in people? do i sound like i was emotionally deprived as a child if i say basic love and kindness?
      23. how do you feel about lgbtqa clubs/apps/websites? i don't think i've ever come across any! the only one i know of is like, stores for apparel which i've visited and used before. and that one app for bathrooms!
      24. how do you feel about the term “queer”? i'm fine with it, tbh. i don't think non-lgbtqa people should be throwing it around, tho, but otherwise, if that's what you wanna use, go for it dude. it's 2019 we're taking back queer
      25. how does your country view the lgbtqa community? well! i'm currently in england, but i'm not really sure on the entire country's view of it. i'd say it's kinda whatever?? same-sex marriage is legal and so is medical transitioning & legal name/gender changes, so ig ??? idk. someone from england pls tell me
      26. favourite lgbtqa actor/actress? will i be shot on site for saying megan fox bc i LOVED her growing up and then there was that whole thing where everyone hated her but she is a bisexual hero
      27. any tips for heterosexual people on how to handle lgbtqa events/news? i don't understand this question, if i'm all too honest. gonna answer it how i think it's meant, i guess? basic respect. it's not hard to just... show basic human decency towards other people. it affects you in no way shape or form if someone else is lgbtqa. also, support. don't just ignore issues aimed towards lgbtqa people -- at the very least, help spread the word.
      28. what’s the most annoying question you have ever gotten? the age old "are you a girl or a boy?" "have you had... y'know.... the surgery" etc., etc., etc., shut the fuck up
      29. how do you feel about receiving questions about your sexuality/identity? i'm fine with it! when i came out to emily i know she had a shit ton of questions. as long as they're not rude, i'm all for giving answers.
      30. what is your romantic affiliation? as stated previously, anyone who isn't a cis male. though i do have a more romantic/sexual preference towards those who identify as female, but i don't really fuss. i'm in a loving relationship as it is anyways (:
sylver
Attendant

Member Questionnaire #1

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:28 am

• 1. Where do you stand on lotion: yay or nay? Why?
      i love nice-smelling lotion, but i either don't use any for like three months, or basically bathe in it so like,,, i can't really give you a reason other than the fact i'm a sucker for things that smell nice & hoard too many beauty products i never even use

2. What’s the average length of a shower for you? A bath?
      for a shower, usually around 10 to 15 minutes. if i'm doing the "full procedure" (body wash, body scrub/peeling, shampoo, hair peeling/scrub, conditioner) it's about 30 minutes. for baths, i tend to take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours tbh.

3. What’s something you regret buying, but you just can’t get rid of it?
      uhhh probably my laptop? it's so slow and doesn't even have enough space to update windows anymore, so honestly, it was a waste of money that i can't sell now because,,, who wants that kinda trash?

4. What villain do you believe is most worthy of a redemption arc?
      no clue tbh

5. What was your favorite school project you ever made?
      bold of you to assume i remember any of the school projects i made years ago. i barely even remember what i did this monday

6. What role do you take on when you have to do a group project? (for example: leader, delegator, slacker, etc.)
      depends on what everyone else does, and how well i know them. i was more likely to lead the project when i worked with friends, while i mostly just helped out with stuff and otherwise remained silent when it were other classmates.

7. What’s a funny mistake you’ve made recently?
      i can't remember making any "funny" mistakes recently. i did misspell "laut Aussage" (according to [what this person said]) as laute Aussage (loud statement) on tuesday? though i didn't think it was funny. it was embarrassing as hell.

8. What would be your reaction if one of your parents said they were having another kid?
      i'd be lowkey afraid because my mom's turning 62 this year and having a baby at that age would be exteremely fucking disturbing, unrealistic and an even dumber decision than having me at 40 was tbh

9. What were you almost named as a baby?
      i only know that my boy name would have been benjamin, so while i'm often mad that i'm not biologically male, i'm happy i didn't end up with that name because i honestly don't like it at all for some reason

10. What book have you been avoiding reading and why?
      none really? i have a bunch of unread books, but i'm not actively avoiding reading any of them.

11. Favorite head phone brand?
      i just use whatever is affordable, fits well and offers a decent sound

12. Favorite scent?
      i have a lot, but one of my favourites is pine trees

13. Favorite idiom?
      me, forgetting every idiom i've ever known, including german ones: none

14. How many friends do you have that don’t live in the same country as you?
      like, one right now, pfff. the others either stopped talking to me, or i stopped talking to them

15. What is always in your wallet that doesn’t need to be?
      like, three expired credit cards

16. How big is too big for a wallet?
      there's no such thing as a wallet that's too big, and if you disagree i'll knock you out with my huge ass wallet

17. What class did you write the best notes in? What grade did you get?
      i'm not sure if this question is about notes being graded? because our notes were never graded? the closest thing to grading the "notes" we took was our accounting teacher checking our exercise books once every blue moon, but i couldn't tell you what grades i got for those, because i honestly didn't care back then and i certainly don't care about it three years later. probably an A, B or C tho (the german equivalent, anyways)

18. What was your pet peeve when you had a substitute teacher in school?
      when they handed you shit that your other teacher gave them for the class, but if you had a question they couldn't help you because they didn't even teach that specific subject at all

19. What is a strange red flag you have when pursuing a relationship?
      uhhh none really? as someone who isn't particularly interested in dating for the most part and has only been in their first relationship for a little over half a year, it's hard to answer this, haha

20. What do you look for in someone’s online dating profile?
      bold of you to assume i ever looked at a dating profile with the intention of actually dating that person. but if i actually used dating profiles for dates, anyone who had "open for ONS/DTF" in their profile would be out of the race already. so,,, anyone without that, ig?

21. How many people have you thought “Glad I don’t have to interact with them ever again” about?
      too many

22. What do you NOT want on your tombstone?
      i don't want a tombstone to begin with. i want a tree urn

23. How many couches do you want in your residence?
      just one. it's hard to fit much more than one small couch into any affordable home in munich anyway. sometimes it's hard/impossible to even fit a single couch actually

24. What is the strangest website you have bookmarked?
      uhhhhhh i have so many bookmarks? i do have the satanic temple bookmarked, for whatever reason

25. What is your typical number of windows/tabs open on your computer?
      anywhere from 5 to 50 tbh, it depends on what i'm doing at the moment

26. How often do you restart your computer? Your phone?
      i don't restart my computer because it's old and literally takes about 20 minutes to properly restart. my phone i tend to restart once in a while, usually when there is something wrong with it.

27. Do you follow the expiration date on food?
      not particularly? i can't afford throwing out perfectly good food, so if something smells and tastes fine to me, i eat it anyway. hasn't harmed me so far.

28. What is the coolest name that you would never name a real human child?
      most ancient greek names tbh, they sound cool but the kid would just get hell for them

29. What fish scares you the most?
      i really don't like anglerfish

30. How do you feel about snails?
      i don't mind them, as long as they stay the hell out of my garden and far, far away from my flowers and vegetables
Gamora
Black Belt

Member Questionnaire 2

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:50 pm

• 1. what is your sexuality? I don't even know anymore tbh. all I know is I love women and chris pratt and people's personalities so like ?? help ??
      2. what do you identify as? lesbian.
      3. how long have you been aware of your sexuality/identity? since I was a young kid, but I was fully closeted until I was seventeen.
      4. do you have any preferences? women, but tbh idk anymore. I don't want anybody even touching me so its hard to say what I want xD cuddles and kisses only lmao.
      5. share a positive memory about coming out! my god father called me and said he was so proud of me. it was really nice to hear. and everyone on facebook was so nice and it was a breath of fresh air.
      6. how do you feel about pride month? its technically not pride month for us here in NS, ours is in july, but I love it!
      7. do you participate in pride related events? any other events? I go to the parade and drag shows and sometimes other events.
      8. how do you feel about lgbtqa roles in media? we need more.
      9. do you feel pride in who you are? heck yes
      10. who has been your supportive idols in your self discovery? I mean, I kinda discovered it myself? but as for general support and someone to look up to, my uncle gregga.
      11. tell us about your first crush? was actually a boy and i'd marry him today if he asked me haha
      12. what sort of advice to have you lgbtqa teens? if anyone doesn't accept you for who you are, they don't deserve to be in your life anyway, so its not a loss, its their loss.
      13. have you come out to friends and family? yeah. I came out to my parents when I told them i started dating my LDR gf (hi jess. clintasha for the win) and my cousin melissa. then told a few friends, but that was pretty much it? until i came out a year later on facebook to everyone.
      14. how do you feel about the term “coming out” ? it sucks that its necessary but it is important.
      15. do you believe there is a “closet” to come out of? yeah I lived in it for years lol. wish there wasn't a need for one, but it is what it is.
      16. any tips on coming out? only do it if you're ready and as I said before, if people dont accept you, its their loss.
      17. what’s your biggest pet peeve when it comes to lgbtqa characterization in media? that there is not enough of it. at all. especially in marvel which pisses me off, but i'm hoping that'll change soon.
      18. what’s your favorite parts of lgbtqa characterization in media? its good to have rep. its important. though their arent a ton of super good examples without sexualizing lesbians or making lgbt people off themselves. thats not proper representation.
      19. what did your teachers say about the lgbtqa community in school? nothing in jr high and elementary. we had opa day in high school, which was kinda lame, so really not much conversation.
      20. do you practice safe sex with the same sex? i haven't had sex in forever, but if I was then yeah. you're an idiot if you dont practice safe sex.
      21. what’s an absolute turn off for you in people? assholes? dick i guess but depends on who's dick LOL
      22. what’s an absolute turn on for you in people? dominant people. tie me up and take me lmao
      23. how do you feel about lgbtqa clubs/apps/websites? idk i dont use them
      24. how do you feel about the term “queer” ? its fine
      25. how does your country view the lgbtqa community? canada loves us <3
      26. favorite lgbtqa actor/actress? ruby rose mmmm
      27. any tips for heterosexual people on how to handle lgbtqa events/news? don't try and hold a straight pride you swine. everyone else is cool tho. love you.
      28. what’s the most annoying question you have ever gotten? not really a question but the whole "how do you know you dont like it if you never tried it" or "i cant turn you straight"
      29. how do you feel about receiving questions about your sexuality/idenity? as long as they come from a good place and its general curiosity and not some guy trying to rub one out on me telling him about my sexual experiences with women, i dont care
      30. what is your romantic affiliation? romantically, anyone tbh. I just want love.
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐
      i'm just your average marvel nerd & starmora
      enthusiast. feel free to pm me about anything.
      still suffering from post-endgame depression.
      julienuhhh100 days of summerstorage

└────────────────────┘

sylver
Attendant

Member Questionnaire #2 - Pride Month

Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:36 pm

• 1. what is your sexuality?
      asexual/aegosexual (for anyone who's too lazy to google the term, aegosexual: a disconnection between oneself and a sexual target/object of arousal; may involve sexual fantasies, or arousal in response to erotica or pornography, but lacking any desire to be a participant in the sexual activities therein)

uhhhh some sorta non-binary mess, ig?

i've been aware that i'm not straight for about... six, seven years? though, honest to god, i'm still struggling to find out what the hell is going on with me - especially gender identity wise. i started identifying as agender maybe two or three years ago, but nowadays i'm just... confused, oof. part of me wants to be male. part of me doesn't mind being biologically female. part of me wants to be neither. all of me is sick and tired of being stuck in a fairly unchangeable body to begin with.

i'm guessing this is about gender? i tend to find myself paying more attention to females, but due to my romantic & sexual orientation, i haven't been attracted to enough people to really name any real preferences.

a friend of a friend (who i knew was bi) asked me whether or not i was gay while we were at a club to celebrate a birthday because i dropped a hint or two. we really vibed super well after i told her that i wasn't straight and we ended up dancing a lot, she held my hand whenever we had to go somewhere (toilet, smoke break, etc.) and she hugged me & kissed me on the cheek when i ended up crying over one of my friends starting drama. she also let me stay at her place for the night because it was like 3 AM & i had no way of getting home. idk, it was,,, really nice and it felt so good to not be the only non-hetero person in the group for once, ngl. she's also in a kinda long distance gay relationship herself, so we bonded over that as well.

i love it! i really enjoy all the LGBT+ stuff i see around during pride month, so even though there's always shitstorms as well coughcough the instagram post for the playstation pride theme was a garbage fire coughcough it's really nice imo

pride events where i live are actually next month and i've never been to them, but i made my friends promise me that we're definitely going to attend the local (main) pride event this year

accurate and positive representation in media is super important and, sadly, i feel that there is still not nearly enough of it tbh

i mean,,, not as much as a healthy person probably does, but that has absolutely nothing to do with my sexual/romantic orientation, or gender identity lmao

i don't really think i have a "supportive idol", tbh?

i was like, six or seven or sth and was convinced i had a crush on this dude named alexander? nowadays, i'm pretty sure i was just a typical dumb child TM and i only was super good friends with him lmao. looking at the dude now, i'm glad we didn't stay in contact once we both started school.

don't stress yourself with labels. i'm over two decades old and still trying to figure things out. also, don't stress out about "changing labels" later on. i went with demi-panromantic for a long time, but now i sway more towards greyromantic. it's perfectly normal. people change. people are unsure of things. people figure things out as they explore themselves and the world. it's alright and doesn't make you any less valid than someone who's known that they're, for example, a lesbian, or a trans male since they were very young. take your time. go at your own pace. i definitely get wanting to belong, wanting to fit in, but in the end, the road to self-discovery can be long and winded and rushing down it isn't worth it imo.

friends, yes. family, no. it's honestly not something i feel obligated to share with them though. if they suspect it, cool. if they don't, also cool. it's my life & i don't share enough of my personal life with then anymore for them to need to know things like that. i might tell them one day. but, like i said, i don't think it's any of their business who i date and what sex/gender they are. i'd rather avoid possibly fucking things up for me before i can move out and live on my own without any of their support.

i don't mind it. i wish nobody had to actually "come out", i wish being LGBT+ was just as normal as being cis/hetero, but generally speaking, i have nothing against the term.

sadly, yes.

don't feel pressured to come out if you feel like you aren't ready, or if you feel like it would put you at risk. try to find a time that really feels right to you. and if you only want to come out to certain people at first, that's fine too.

when they're just... the "LGBT+ one" and nothing else. like,,,, the character is gay? that's nice, what else? ,,,, oh, he`s gay? is there anything else?? please make him a realistic person with strengths and flaws and dreams and motivations instead of him just being "the gay one", please

actual diversity. LGBT+ characters being actual characters, realistic characters, who aren't just defined by their orientation/identity.

most of my teachers didn't talk about it. however, the one or two that did talk about them usually were very open-minded, accepting and welcoming. i remember a german teacher who made us write an argumentative essay on "pros and contras of coming out". i got an A on the exam, and i honestly really enjoyed watching the homophobic part of the class bitch and moan because they couldn't put aside their own views to write three valid pros. which, you know, you're supposed to be able to do in essays like that. he also argued with them over gay rights and homosexuality in general and i loved him for it, though i will never forget that one girl who went "i'd hit him and raise him better" when he asked her what she would do if her son told her he was gay. big yikes.

i don't practice safe sex with anyone, nor do i practice unsafe sex with anyone, 'cause i'm not interested in sex. at least not in that way.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i haven't really went to/used any, but i see them around and i think they are really great options/safe spaces for us all. though, sadly, i have also heard bad things about local bay gars in munich and such, so...

i don't mind it. i feel like it's a good umbrella term & the community should def reclaim it as something we can use.

i mean, gay marriage has been legal in germany for a while now and gay couples can (in theory) adopt kids, so... legally, i do think we have it pretty good. as for how we are treated, i feel it really depends on where you live? people are usually more tolerant in big cities than in little towns, let's leave it at that.

lee pace, i'd die for the man in a heartbeat

i'm not 100% sure how to interpret this question? like, just don't be a dick?

i don't think i've ever really gotten any annoying questions to be honest

29. how do you feel about receiving questions about your sexuality/idenity?
      i don't mind them, as long as the person isn't obviously just trying to drag me through the mud and attack me for it. i'm more comfortable with questions about my sexuality since my identity is... complicated and less likely to be understood by others. however, since i'm painfully female in every aspect of the way, people rarely question my identity.

like i mentioned earlier, either greyromantic, or demi-panromantic. either works well enough, but i feel like greyromantic might be a bit more accurate.
silence.
Orange Belt

member questionnaire one

Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:30 am

• Where do you stand on lotion: yay or nay? Why?
      i love lotion!! having soft skin is so?? nice???

What’s the average length of a shower for you? A bath?
      um, depends on what kind of shower it is. like, do i have to wash my hair? am i shaving? do i feel like exfoliating?? but on average they're like 20 minutes because i like to Think. baths are... well, however long it takes for the water to get uncomfortably cold

What’s something you regret buying, but you just can’t get rid of it?
      i accidentally bought "feel something" by movements on colored vinyl twice, but i can't bring myself to give away the spare

What villain do you believe is most worthy of a redemption arc?
      harley quinn!! she deserves to get the heck away from the joker and live her best life

What was your favorite school project you ever made?
      i don't remember lmao

What role do you take on when you have to do a group project? (for example: leader, delegator, slacker, etc.)
      i stay in my lane and do my part, and sometimes other people's parts if they're not contributing (':

What’s a funny mistake you’ve made recently?
      all of my recent mistakes have resulted in physical injury or humiliation, so unless you find my pain to be funny, i don't have a very good answer for this q !!

What would be your reaction if one of your parents said they were having another kid?
      my dad got a vasectomy so i'd be very confused

What were you almost named as a baby?
      i don't have an almost name. my mom Knew what she wanted to name me and never wavered

What book have you been avoiding reading and why?
      "call me by your name" by andre aciman, because i really don't want to read some of the scenes my best friend has told me about. but i promised her i'd read it and leave post-its inside with my thoughts, so i'm gonna have to get around to reading it sooner than later

Favorite head phone brand?
      skullcandy

Favorite scent?
      i Love how the world smells after it rains. i also really like floral scents!! especially lilac and rose

Favorite idiom?
      i'll burn that bridge when i get there

How many friends do you have that don’t live in the same country as you?
      like one ?? but we haven't talked in a hot minute so i'm not sure

What is always in your wallet that doesn’t need to be?
      old receipts

How big is too big for a wallet?
      depends on if i'm bringing a bag or not

What class did you write the best notes in? What grade did you get?
      uh, probably my freshman english class bc the teacher graded our notebooks? i either had an A or an A+ in that class bc i was literally such a teacher's pet and did All of the extra credit

What was your pet peeve when you had a substitute teacher in school?
      the fact that they almost never knew what tf was going on

What is a strange red flag you have when pursuing a relationship?
      what makes a red flag strange??

What do you look for in someone’s online dating profile?
      shared interests?? a hint of an actual personality???

How many people have you thought “Glad I don’t have to interact with them ever again” about?
      i used to work retail. there are a lot of people i've had that thought about

What do you NOT want on your tombstone?
      anything standard/cookie cutter. put something weird and vaguely haunting on my tombstone pls

How many couches do you want in your residence?
      at least one

What is the strangest website you have bookmarked?
      i have an entire folder full of links to websites for summoning spirits and various other occult rituals i want to try when i live on my own

What is your typical number of windows/tabs open on your computer?
      like ten?? sometimes more if i'm Really Into something

How often do you restart your computer? Your phone?
      when they need to be updated lmao

Do you follow the expiration date on food?
      usually!! unless it's only a day or two off and seems fine

What is the coolest name that you would never name a real human child?
      *stares at p much all of my characters* uh. anything ancient greek/roman ??

What fish scares you the most?
      stonefish!!! they're so insidious. they look like rocks but they can literally kill you

How do you feel about snails?
      they're good!! and cute!!! pls don't put salt on them
silence.
Orange Belt

member questionnaire two

Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:34 am

• what is your sexuality?
      uh... idk? i'm not picky about gender, but it takes me a While to develop attraction. so i guess i'm demisexual? or greysexual?? tbh i'm not super big on labels, so i'm not sure what to call it

what do you identify as?
      female

how long have you been aware of your sexuality/identity?
      middle school

do you have any preferences?
      about what?

share a positive memory about coming out!
      my dad was super cool about it. apparently he wanted to name me after a lesbian friend he had, but it just ended up being my middle name

how do you feel about pride month?
      it's sort of just another month, except i get to stock up on gay apparel

do you participate in pride related events? any other events?
      not really? i went to pride once but it was lowkey boring and i was Super Anxious that some homophobe was going to murder us all

how do you feel about lgbtqa roles in media?
      we need more, and they need to be written better, and can we PLEASE get a happy ending!!

do you feel pride in who you are?
      ...like, as a gay person or just as a person? bc like, i don't really consider my sexuality a point of pride, and i hate myself, so ???

who has been your supportive idols in your self discovery?
      pass

tell us about your first crush?
      i don't rly remember it tbh

what sort of advice to have you lgbtqa teens?
      you don't need a specific label for your sexuality! especially if you're still figuring things out

have you come out to friends and family?
      i'm out to my friends and immediate family. i've been advised never to bring it up around my other relatives

how do you feel about the term “coming out” ?
      i don't really have any feelings about it??

do you believe there is a “closet” to come out of?
      yeah, and the closest is called hetero-normative society

any tips on coming out?
      don't do it before you're ready, even if that takes a while

what’s your biggest pet peeve when it comes to lgbtqa characterization in media?
      i hate when gay people in media are like... obviously stereotypically gay? like, us queers are regular people too, with actual personalities and interests. and honestly?? a lot of gay people don't act "gay"

what’s your favorite parts of lgbtqa characterization in media?
      when they're written like actual people lmao

what did your teachers say about the lgbtqa community in school?
      they didn't really talk about it

do you practice safe sex with the same sex?
      i've never had sex with another woman

what’s an absolute turn off for you in people?
      a bad personality lmao

what’s an absolute turn on for you in people?
      p a s s

how do you feel about lgbtqa clubs/apps/websites?
      it's great that they're there, but i don't really feel a need to be active in the lgbt community, so i don't personally?? care???

how do you feel about the term “queer” ?
      i like it!! it's a good umbrella term. i don't like when people tell me, a queer, that i can't say queer tho

how does your country view the lgbtqa community?
      it's not perfect, but at least i'm not gonna get stoned to death

favorite lgbtqa actor/actress?
      i don't know

any tips for heterosexual people on how to handle lgbtqa events/news?
      let the gay people speak

what’s the most annoying question you have ever gotten?
      like, about gay stuff??? um, idk. nothing comes to mind

how do you feel about receiving questions about your sexuality/idenity?
      i don't mind it, as long as the questions are respectful, and they Drop It if i don't want to answer something

what is your romantic affiliation?
      um... i don't really know? demi-romantic maybe?? or grey-romantic??? i have to get to know a person before i'm attracted to them, even romantically
Tesalong
Purple Belt

Second Questionnaire: Pride ! Month !

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:24 pm

Pan’s the closest, but recently I’ve been considering myself queer ! I like the freedom queer gives me

Female

Oh uh ummm. It’s hard to say. It was a long, Long journey figuring it out even in the most basic sense. I started questioning more seriously around early high school and in my sophomore year of college realized for sure that I can feel attraction to people of all genders

Sometimes ! There are definitely periods where I feel more drawn to one gender or another. It wiggles!
Also I’ve noticed that I tend to feel attraction more often to people who are a little more feminine or androgynous? I’m not as frequently attracted to people who are very masculine

When my little brother was born recently, me and my dad were talking and out of the blue he said to me, “No matter what you are, I’ll always love you” and that was really nice

I feel powerful !!!!!
I love any excuse to celebrate the LGBTQ+ community

I haven’t recently. I want to though ! I just haven’t found a good time for it with Life being Life. I’m sad I missed my city’s pride

We need more. So much more.

As far as my sexuality goes, yes !

Other LGBTQ people I met. I met someone with the same name as me when I still hadn’t figured it out yet (but was thinking maybe Demi?), and she was supportive and gave me a book called “This book is gay” and if that isn’t solidarity I don’t know what is

Mm, nah.
It doesn’t matter

Oh god. Um ! Shoot.
Listen to one another, especially people who have identities other than your own; everyone’s experience is different, and it’s important to learn from them and be considerate. Don’t be afraid to identity by a different label if you discover that the current one doesn’t seem to suit you as well anymore- or do away with labels all together!

To my friends and close family, yes

It works ! But it’s a little misleading at times? Like you never just come out once but many, many times bc you just keep meeting new people. And sometimes you’re out to some people and not others because it’s dangerous, or you just don’t want them to know. You can be selective and that’s fine

In metaphor. But like I said, the concept of “coming out” itself isn’t exactly cut & dry

U don’t have to come out to everyone at once. Pick a person who you know will be supportive with if you want practice/want to build your confidence first. Or hell, pick a random stranger online. Saying in a forum “I’m gay” gets you used to saying and thinking it and being identified with it, and rejection is low-risk

I have many
I’ve mostly seen in anime LGBTQ characters, but I Hate Hate when clear sexual assault is treated as being romantic, normal, or cute

I like when it’s ! Accurate ! Please we’re human people

I can’t remember them saying anything. I did have some homophobic views tho in elementary/middle school; I knew it was Wrong (in the eyes of the church & my school), and I must have learned it from Somewhere

If I was in a relationship with someone if the same sex, I would

Infidelity, being an asshole, having awful political views

Big shrug?

Cute. They’re helpful for getting information around and providing community to people who need it

I like it, and I identify with it

Depends on who you’re talking to, and what part of the lgbtq community is in question. Some identities are becoming more accepted while others are still treated v poorly

Big shrug
I’m not big into celebrities tbh

Listen to the voices and opinions of LGBTQ people :)

Hmmmmmm I think I can Tolerate most questions if they’re asked in good faith, even if they are Grating and make me wince to hear said.
Tbh I think I was most annoyed when a straight dude at a gay bar asked if I was straight (no), then asked if I was bi (no but I said yes bc it’s Easier than trying to shout an explanation of what pansexuality is over the music), and then he tried hitting on me. The irritation is from a mixture of being asked my sexuality by a stranger when it’s none of their business really (the LGBTQ club at my uni had a rule that you cannot ask another member their gender identity or orientations, so now it just seems like bad manners), the fact that I was asked just because he wanted to know if there was a chance I’d be interested in getting in bed with him, and that he assumed straight first when we were at ? A gay bar ??????
I tried v hard to avoid him after that but he caught up to me and my friend as we were leaving, pressured me into giving him my Snapchat, and then told me that I could be a part of his first threesome so that happened

29. how do you feel about receiving questions about your sexuality/identity?
I’m happy to talk about it !!!
So long as it’s, like, genuine curiosity and interest

Pan