Sagacitas Common Room

Home of the knowledge seekers.

Would you like to do a house-themed holiday event? Should we get a prompt thread?

House Event: YES
37%
House Event: NO
11%
House Event: MAYBE
11%
Prompt Thread: YES
32%
Prompt Thread: NO
11%

Total votes: 19
sauerkraut
Brown Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: Sagacitas Common Room

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:36 pm

*a wild roy has appeared*
whats poppin, im "back" from my hiatus. im still swamped with work and school but psh its fine. I just missed writing ig. im also older now which is pretty radical.

@kami// I think a house orientated thingy would be awesome!
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:56 am

Seconded. We should attempt a house winter holiday event or events.
-hugs Kami- I'm so glad we have you!
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:44 pm

Aw, it's nice to hear that you feel excited about a possible event!! β™₯

Sometime today -- soonish -- I will update the first post with a poll regarding the event and an additional question. We have an art thread and a holiday/event writing thread but we don't really have anything prompt-related, do we? Maybe it'd be nice to have something like that happen so we have weekly/monthly prompts to write and share with the rest of our house. And, given that it's already December and I don't want anyone to feel rushed or stressed about participating in a house event, it would most likely extend sometime after New Year -- we're in no rush, haha. :)
important
Global Moderator
House: Halcyon

Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:42 pm

• hey guys! just wanted to pop in real quick to remind everyone who joined the december event to check and see who their partners are, if you haven't already. best of luck to everyone who's participating in the trades this year!
π˜Ύπ™π™i π˜Όπ™’π˜Όπ™”i 𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍𝙔𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙂 !!
π™π™€π˜Όπ™ π˜Όπ™’π˜Όπ™” 𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍𝙔𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙂 !!
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:23 pm

@important, thank you for the reminder! Of all the things I forgot to mention to the foxes, it was this one. xD

Also, as per request, we have a prompt thread!! It might not look perfect and I'm sure the system might change as I learn how to tackle things, but it's done and it'll be ready to start running very soon! The pool to choose the next prompt (starting on the 10th of December and going until the 27th) is already up and I'd love to see which one you'll be eager to write first! I'll leave everyone free to vote until the evening of the 9th and will update the thread accordingly on the 10th - you're free to go ahead and write to your heart's content then! Be sure to read the rules and guidelines before doing that, though!

While I'm not the most creative person out there and I have trouble thinking of prompts if anyone has a really good idea for a prompt, feel free to send them to me and I'll pick out some of them to put into the poll put up for the next prompt! Just make sure you title the message as Prompt Ideas! β™₯

As for the Holiday event, I'll try my best to make the announcement appear in our Holiday Event Thread on Friday at the latest. I have a few ideas which might differ from what Night Fury used to do back in the day and I'm not sure if everyone will like it, but I sure hope you'll take it with a lot of patience for your newbie keeper. That being said, I do hope you like the prompt thread and that it will make our house come alive once more!

ALSO, NIGHT FURY IS ALIVE AND HE LOVES ALL OF YOU AND YOU MAKE HIM PROUD AND HE SAID HE'LL TRY HIS BEST TO COME AND SAY HI.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:35 pm

I apologise for the double-post, but I'd like to notify everyone, that we have a holiday event going on! I tried not to base it too much on Christmas and make it winter-themed and focus on the general aspects of being kind and making others know we care about them. I'm not sure how I did, but if anyone has questions or likes/dislikes anything about this, please give feedback and kick me in the butt to make a new event during our next ones! That'd be great. β™₯

Also, if anyone has a list of US-based or any other important holidays that might be worth looking into as event-themes, that'd be amazing! I'm a sheltered girl.
algorythm
Brown Belt

Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:42 pm

wow think I might actually participate in our holiday event? what a shocker.
I have a fantasy/iqaluit inspired-ish watercolour landscape going on right now so I'm hoping I can add that in.

@kami I was just stalking the search thread and I thought your little ad was so cute and funny? highlights were definitely on what to call you and thanking everyone who has asked you to play a guy.
  • xx
    ────────────────
    the common words like I love you )───
    ────────────────
    Imagex
    ⚬
    β”‚
    β”‚
    β”‚
    β”‚
    β”‚
    β”‚
    β”‚
    β”‚
    β”‚
    β”‚

⚬
    ────full moon────
    xsImagexs
    ───ii ─ iheart beat so fast? i─
    ─n─ii.g i v ex mex y o u rx love

i──────────────
    ⚬
    β”‚
    β”‚
    β”‚
    β”‚
    β”‚
    β”‚
    β”‚
    β”‚
    β”‚
    β”‚

⚬
    x────────────────
    x───( feel special tonight, why does my
    x────────────────
    xImagex
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:07 pm

algorythm wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:42 pm
wow think I might actually participate in our holiday event? what a shocker.
I have a fantasy/iqaluit inspired-ish watercolour landscape going on right now so I'm hoping I can add that in.

@kami I was just stalking the search thread and I thought your little ad was so cute and funny? highlights were definitely on what to call you and thanking everyone who has asked you to play a guy.
Yay! I can't wait to see your artwork if you decide to participate!! If not, please share it with us, I bet all of us would love to see it.

Haha, thanks! Honestly, when I joined AS back in 2013, I think I played a girl in... maybe 1-2 RPs out of the 10+ that I had? I didn't really have a preference since I was still learning how to do this, but I can imagine how the current me would be irritated by not getting to play a girl, lmao. I guess I have to thank everyone who forced me to play a guy and refused to double up, so now I can provide all kinds of men to all of the kinky people gathered here. xD
yanta
Orange Belt

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:15 pm

First snowfall of the year. Roads were slightly slushy, but all in all wasn't too bad. Hope everyone else that got snow out there is safe and warm.
A wild Cured Zombie has appeared.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:57 pm

yanta wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:15 pm
First snowfall of the year. Roads were slightly slushy, but all in all wasn't too bad. Hope everyone else that got snow out there is safe and warm.
It's been snowy here since Thursday! It's not too cold but it's slippery as heck and I realised my shoes aren't prepared for winter. I feel like a cow on ice.

Also, just want to announce that the 1st prompt has been chosen - this month's prompt is based on dialogue! Head here to skim through the rules of our prompt thread and find out which prompt has been chosen. You have until the 27th to write and upload your magnificent creations! β™₯