Sagacitas Common Room

Home of the knowledge seekers.

Moderator: Admin Aide

Do we redo the Event Thread? / Do we need a feedback thread for events? / Or a questionnaire thread?

Q1: The Holiday/Event Thread should be revamped
17%
Q1: Nah, no need; lock it up. We're already too busy
11%
Q1: Don't really care about what happens to it
3%
Q2: Yes! I'd like for there to be a feedback/question corner
17%
Q2: Nah, there's already a thread for AS events created
9%
Q2: Maybe, but for a different reason (please tell us what for!)
3%
Q3: Yes, a questionnaire thread sounds great
31%
Q3: No, we don't really have enough activity for it
9%

Total votes: 35
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Re: Sagacitas Common Room

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:08 pm

I have... completely disappeared from this thread. My deepest apologies, but life has been hectic, oof.

@Cas, nah, you guessed wrong! It's Silent Hill. :D

Also, given that 100 DoS just ended (well, it ended 9 days ago; I'm so fast, haha), I'd love to congratulate everyone who has participated (and those, who had decided to sit this year out, I humbly invite you do participate next year!) and for earning some needed house points for us. We're currently at the 3rd spot from all x4 houses, but I'm sure after NaNo, the three remaining issues of Afflatus and an upcoming winter event, we can still kick some ass! ♥

On a separate note, a big congratulations to rimbaud for passing a milestone and completing 50+ prompts for 100 DoS! We're really proud of you! :)

P.S. if anyone still wants to write more after 100 DoS, one of our attendants (sylver), has made a really nice list of prompts over on Twitter for us to do!
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:53 am

Hello again!

Even though there are only 6 days left of September, after careful consideration (as well as the facts that some of you might be wishing for prompts after 100 DoS), we have decided to revive our very own Prompt Thread! Now, we're voting for the prompt of next month, October, and you have more to choose from!

Given that the thread had been on hiatus since June because of 100 DoS, we decided to give two variants of every category (words, dialogue, songs), so there's more variety. Everyone has x3 votes, so please choose carefully and vote for your favourites! The prompt will be announced on the 1st of October. :)

Edit;; the prompt has been posted! As well as that, we have a brand new Holiday Thread ran by our lovely Cas; you should definitely check it out! ♥
Cas
Global Moderator
House: Sagacitas

Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:29 pm

Hi foxes!
I have a couple of quick announcements as we roll into the spooky season here!

- It's the first of the month, which means the questionnaire for this month is up! Unsurprisingly the theme is Halloween, so go and enjoy that one guys!
- Kami has kickstarted the prompt thread off again with an interesting new dialogue prompt! Check it out! Here!
- Finally, we've rebooted the Holiday activity thread just in time for Halloween! Participate and get prizes!! Here

And that's all! Happy October guys!!

╔══════════════════════════╗

i'm a nerdy english lit and creative
writing student who is currently
back at uni and studying constantly!

currently: making my way through a
mammoth pile of reading and trying to
get through all the tasks I set myself!

reading: le guin's 'the dispossed'
playing: minecraft, animal crossing (nl)

╚══════════════════════════╝
lil || the harvey to my mike || a safe haven || to learn and grow || but the search goes on || among the stars|| talk anytime
as a global mod, i'm here to help! any questions, any time, send them my way, either by pm, or discord: hippxcrates #6675 !
Smamm
Archivist

Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:27 pm

Okay listen, so I know I’m late to the party on this but hear me out.

Has anyone watched Haunting at Hill House? ono I’m obsessed. The characters are so complicated and well developed. Gives me so much muse and so many ideas for our Halloween activity >:}

previously eccedentesiast
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:55 pm

Smamm wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:27 pm
Okay listen, so I know I’m late to the party on this but hear me out.

Has anyone watched Haunting at Hill House? ono I’m obsessed. The characters are so complicated and well developed. Gives me so much muse and so many ideas for our Halloween activity >:}
Oof, I haven't seen it, sadly!! Feel free to gush to me about it if you want to, haha!! ♥

Also, I'd love to alert everyone about our newest event! Given how the month of October is meant to celebrate the month of Inktober, where you draw a certain drawing based on a prompt for each day, AS has decided to follow in the tradition and make a little house-oriented competition of our own!

You can find the main thread here (a.k.a. where to post your creations) and the rules are in the link above! Hoping to see lots of pretty creations! :D
Smamm
Archivist

Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:15 pm

Listen Kami, I am not artistically inclined. I will not embarrass our house by participating in Inktober. ene

But Haunting of Hill House... The twins. I can’t. All of the characters though, super complex and well developed. Makes me so happy eue AND THERES A SECOND SEASON WOOHOO.

previously eccedentesiast
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:55 pm

I can't art, but I do hope some of our artistically inclined housemates do post. I love looking at others art.

I'm hoping to have a little time to post in one or both of the house activities this month that I haven't already. I have ideas for both but nothing solid enough to start posting sadly. I love this month so much!