Sagacitas Common Room

Home of the knowledge seekers.

Moderator: Admin Aide

Should we keep the Prompt Thread running? // Any thoughts about an anonymous form?

Put it on hiatus until after NaNo/until 2020.
24%
Keep it going for now and see what happens.
29%
Change the system and then try to keep it going.
No votes
We don't really have a need/enough activity for it.
12%
Other (please comment or PM me about it). :)
No votes
Form: yes, it's a nice idea, more people will speak up!
29%
Form: no, we don't really need or want it for now.
6%

Total votes: 17
mr.kingrichard
Purple Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: Sagacitas Common Room

Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:13 pm

hey i'm finally back!!! whassup everyone
Hi there, I was known as Mrs. Liz Knox on Chicken Smoothie, but you can call me Dictator or Elijah on here. I happen to be a transgender male, so if you are transgender and seeking advice, or you just want to know more about transgender or transsexual people, or gender issues and identities in general, feel free to private message me. I prefer masculine pronouns, such as he, him, his, and sir/mister. I used to be yourworlddictator.

Like queer characters? Like POC characters? Like both queer and POC characters? Then read Ironclaw.
REPLIES I HAVE YET TO FINISH (should be done by Sunday):
Smamm
Archivist

Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:39 pm

mr.kingrichard wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:13 pm
hey i'm finally back!!! whassup everyone
Hello fren!! Welcome back c:

Nothing crazy here. I’m halfway in between jobs rn so I have a LOT of free time, but of course no muse to write xD That would be all too convenient.

How about you? What’s new c:

previously eccedentesiast
Cas
Global Moderator

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:06 pm

hi foxes!!

Sorry for posting it so late but the latest questionnaire is up in the sag question thread! Theme is Character Development! <3

╔══════════════════════════╗

i'm a nerdy english lit and creative
writing student who is currently
back at uni and studying constantly!

currently: making my way through a
mammoth pile of reading and trying to
get through all the tasks I set myself!

reading: Octavia Butler's 'Dawn'
playing: minecraft, animal crossing (nl)

╚══════════════════════════╝
lil || the harvey to my mike || a safe haven || to learn and grow || but the search goes on || among the stars|| talk anytime
as a global mod, i'm here to help! any questions, any time, send them my way, either by pm, or discord: hippxcrates #6675 !
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:54 am

I has been absent so much this month. I miss my warm safe den and fellow foxes! Aspects of life have been .. well if I tried to put in a realistic work of fiction it would not be believable to the audiance. Some of this chaos I call life has been amusing but most has been honestly just stressful so I'm just gonna bury myself here in the cozy cushions for a bit and think about those rp replies that are now weeks overdue. Just ignore any whimpering sounds? Ear scratches are appreciated as are hugs .. maybe some water? I never seem to remember to hydrate properly :)
Pirate-At-Heart
Bronze Belt

Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:22 pm

• gives gren all the ear scratches and hugs. life has been the same for me this month.

also, throwing it back to the halloween discount discussion, i went to cvs this week and saw their 90% discount cart sitting out full of leftover halloween merch, and i bought like ten small things (including themed cookie cutters and a cute lil "wicked" sign) for $0.76. when the cashier rang it up, i choked cause i thought it was gonna be at least a dollar or two xD
greetings! i am pirate, a twenty-three year
old gal from ope-town, midwest usa, who
loves cats, d&d, and writing a shit ton of
fantasy. my pms are always open
for a friendly chat!
• • •
muse: super selective
• • •
d&d rp (always accepting)
• • •
bestest friend in the whole worldmy beloved asshole
my twinthe pure onemother of beaudonut queen
my sonmaya-chana human magpie
periwinkle
Brown Belt

Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:39 am

so back when i was into anime and wattpad, i wrote a fanfic on an anime and "published" it on wattpad. just checked in on it today after a very long time and it's at 548,000 reads. wild lol

the sequel? 54.7k.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:03 pm

• @mr.kingrichard, welcome back!! I'm late by almost a month, but... welcome back!! <3
      It's been hectic here and there, honestly. Lots of stuff happening school-wise and a huge event happening AS-wise. There's always something to do and somewhere to participate in, haha. Hope you're having a great time back. :D
      ---
      @Grengirl, aw, I'm sorry to hear that it's been stressful for you! :c
      Be sure to take care of yourself and not push your body or mind into overdrive, Gren!! Life is a bitch, but you're a very strong and capable one, so I'm sure you'll get through everything. And this den is always open for all kinds of scratches, love and support. We root for our foxes. <3
      Please, never feel bad about coming here to talk about your day. We're all here to help out and listen to you, okay?? :)
      ---
      @Pirate-At-Heart, you absolutely must show me everything you bought.
      I've been getting into baking recently and kind of want to do something nice for my mum for her birthday, so... I need all of the ideas. xD
      ---
      @periwinkle, that's great news, peri!! So proud of you, flower-child!! <3
      I wasn't really a huge fan of Wattpad as I always fell onto stories that were totally not my style. So, I abandoned that website quite quickly and mostly stick to AO3 nowadays. But your story sounds like an amazing thing, given how good of a writer you are. :D

I'm also sorry for everyone that the promised Google form isn't available just yet (I've been having a hard time finding enough dedication/time to get to it, honestly). But if I'm not dead after NaNo ends, I'll definitely sit down to try and get something up and share it with everyone!

Also, apologies for the Prompt thread kind of... dying for November. I think I honestly just forgot about it since some other stuff came up. But I have put up a poll regarding possible prompts for December, so please go and vote!!
Smamm
Archivist

Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:53 pm

-drops in-

Hey people. Was there a thread for book recommendations? ene I feel like I remember something of the sort but can’t find anything. Could be buried, but also likely my brain is totally making it all up. ;n; I ask because I need to find a new book/series to read asdfghjkl;

previously eccedentesiast
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:55 pm

Hello, foxes!! :D
It is I, your humble overlord with a bit of news. And important ones, at that.

Firstly, the most important thing; we now have an anonymous Google Form to submit all and any complaints in regards to our particular house and how it is run (if anyone has any tips/hints on what I could add/remove here, please let me know). You can find it HERE; it's totally anonymous and I'll have no idea who wrote what, unless you come forward and tell me about your submissions/answers. So, that's that.

IMPORTANT. While I appreciate you being as blunt/straightforward as possible, I won't tolerate any rude/derogatory comments from anyone. Anything deemed less than civil will be ignored and I won't consider such answers as part of the general feedback. So, please, remember that we're all human. Be polite.

On another note, the prompt for December 2019 is up! The feedback was very small, but we got an idea to win, so it's posted! Go give me something to read. <3

I hope everyone is having a lovely December and that you're all preparing for the holidays nicely! Best of luck for any students with exams and to everyone else, who is struggling to reach the end of 2019. I'll be a bit slower/quieter myself as exams start in 5 days, but I'll keep my eyes on the thread! Love ya'll!