Longer stories. (Several chapters.)
17%

Total votes: 36
yanta
Orange Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: Sagacitas Common Room

Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:43 pm

Welcome to Sagacitas, new fox friend Ellabear.
A wild Cured Zombie has appeared.
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:36 am

Ellabear wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:54 pm
Hey everyone!
I just want to introduce myself. I just got placed in Sagacitas and I am so excited to finally have a house!!!
I am a veterinary technician, I also train dogs ( mainly service dogs). I love writing, watching Netflix, drawing and hanging out with friends. Currently I am in school trying to get another degree ( fingers crossed). I am a Slytherin in the HP world based on Pottermoore :P haha

I suffer from a few chronic illnesses so I have a 16 month old golden retriever who is my service dog in training. If you have an instagram you can follow him ( @tangled_with_flynn) He is kind of the center of my universe. I am open to answering more questions and can't wait to get to know you guys!
Yes welcome to the fox den!
Pirate-At-Heart
Bronze Belt

Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:47 pm

• welcome ellabear!

we have a flea infestation and it's really annoying
greetings! i am pirate, a twenty-two year
old gal from ope-town, midwest usa, who
loves cats, d&d, and watching waaay too
much netflix. my pms are always open
for a friendly chat!
• • •
muse: poking its head out
• • •
d&d forum game
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:52 pm

Welcome! Hope you'll enjoy our cosy little den! ♥

Aw, Pirate, that sucks. :/ Did one of your pets get infected or did it come from somewhere else?

I got x3 new roleplays today; they're not really new, but were created to exchange some of my old ones, which were dead and I had no muse for them. I'm so damn excited to begin writing again, even if it's going to take a while since all of my partners and myself are busy as hell. But I'm so excited to write!! xD
Pirate-At-Heart
Bronze Belt

Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:37 pm

• i forgot to reapply flea medicine on my dog and she brought them in and all three of my cats got them. i've sprayed all our furniture and given the animals medicine, but they're persistent little buggers. and i have so many bites that have turned into scabs from scratching i feel like i look like a drug addict >.<
much netflix. my pms are always open
for a friendly chat!
• • •
muse: poking its head out
• • •
d&d forum game
yanta
Orange Belt

Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:24 pm

Aw. I sorry, Pirate. I hope you and the pupper get rid of the fleas soon.
A wild Cured Zombie has appeared.
MajorPoland
Bronze Belt

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:04 pm

I wonder if it is just coincidence but I have another tragedy to add to Pirate's flea problem...
Basically, I cannot continue my apprenticeship because I all of sudden found out that I am allergic to epoxy resin, one of the major glues in the shipbuilding industry aside from polyester resin. Shit happens, I cannot change how my immune system reacts but the tragic thing about this is: I developed that allergy because nobody told me that I have to use a mask when working with epoxy resin (or rather, nobody told me that in this particular glue was epoxy inside). I have partial guilt in this as well, of course, since I could have asked but I am just an apprentice and do what I am told to do. Also, the other workers are not really a help when they also do not adhere to safety standards. Like, who else am I supposed to learn from if not form the men that are working there for over ten years?
However, the problem does not end here: I most likely have to look for another apprenticeship next year or go to a university and study something. And this very 'something' is worrying me slightly, at least. I know what fields are interesting to me but I am a bit too afraid to pick them up because they usually contain tons of maths (Computing, Medicine, Biology) and my father has done a wonderful job in the past to make me shy away from anything that contains problems more complicated than 1+1 with phrases like:
"You know that there is a lot of maths in that?"
"Are you sure you really wanna do that? You are not that good at maths or did I get something wrong?"
"Computing, really?" (but in that 'you won't manage anyway' matter)

It is not only very frustrating to think back to these days (I had wet eyes writing this) but this is holding me back from doing almost anything I would really want to do (like Computing) and my best friend told me to 'Just do it' what is much easier said than done because I will probably have to move back home if I really cannot do my job because if I won't have my apprenticeship there won't be any money... And then I will have to convince my parents to let me study computing at the university because I will definitely need their financial support (as far as they can extend and only in times of the most bitter need), however, this is something I won't get if they don't want me to do something or are convinced that I won't make it, because then it would be a waste of our time and their money...
Hugs, please ;-;?

(Wow, this turned into something much more emotional than not being able to do my job properly or at all... Sorry, if this bothers anyone or puts your mood down or something.)
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:53 pm

Big hugs! Sometimes life throws roadblocks like that up do we can find something even better. I remember you not being overly comfortable at home before but maybe it will be better this time around? If not I'm sure you can arrange a shorter stay. Career councilors might be a good place to start going over options again. Like maybe you could work more on the design end of boat building? You did gain some practicle experience with building. There are other way to use the experience you gained too I'm sure of It!

In summery: YOU'LL GET THROUGH THIS! ❤❤❤
☆ѕтαяяу ѕкιєѕ☆
Red Belt

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:57 pm

All the hugs fam!

meanwhile imma just slide this in here https://youtu.be/zXDPaois4Nk
Proud member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I will gladly answer any questions you have!
Image..ImageImageImage
Image Image
Image...Image
Pirate-At-Heart
Bronze Belt

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:39 pm

• all the hugs!!