Sagacitas Common Room

Home of the knowledge seekers.

Moderator: Admin Aide

Do we redo the Event Thread? / Do we need a feedback thread for events? / Or a questionnaire thread?

Q1: The Holiday/Event Thread should be revamped
17%
Q1: Nah, no need; lock it up. We're already too busy
11%
Q1: Don't really care about what happens to it
3%
Q2: Yes! I'd like for there to be a feedback/question corner
17%
Q2: Nah, there's already a thread for AS events created
9%
Q2: Maybe, but for a different reason (please tell us what for!)
3%
Q3: Yes, a questionnaire thread sounds great
31%
Q3: No, we don't really have enough activity for it
9%

Total votes: 35
Pirate-At-Heart
Bronze Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: Sagacitas Common Room

Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:48 pm

• i did not end up getting a partner for the one x one competition :’c i’ll try again next year
greetings! i am pirate, a twenty-three year
old gal from ope-town, midwest usa, who
loves cats, d&d, and watching waaay too
much netflix. my pms are always open
for a friendly chat!
• • •
muse: it's alive!!!
• • •
d&d rp (always accepting)
• • •
bestest friend in the whole worldmy beloved asshole
my twinthe pure onemother of beaudonut queen
my sonmaya-chana human magpie
medusae.
Red Belt

Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:17 pm

Grengirl wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:38 am
Thriftbooks will deliver to me without hassles! Now I just have to not order 100 books? My postman already hates me lol
hooray!
won't hate you anymore than me, I make mine deliver a 50lb bag of dog food every month lol
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:47 am

💌@ kami
Photography would be a nice addition imo and I might even be able to contribute something along those lines once in awhile. Mood boards are nice too and might be more popular. I'm bad at them but I know others are better.
I'm not surprised you teamed up with deer. You two will kill it. Most of my rp partners are in halcyon too so I can't judge. I opted out of them 1×1 comp this year. I had fun last year but I just really really didn't have time this year. I'll work on getting us a few points from the Afflatus instead.

💌@pirate
I'm sorry you didn't find a partner this year
💔

💌@all
Wild posties are temperamental creatures aren't they? Get no mail and packages and your boring get lots of tiny things and your annoying, get big heavy things and your a problem! But if you want to confuse them other things that are just awkwardly shaped enough to be hard to carry a distance and not fit in the community box. Te he. I'm glad nothing that came the same time as my awkward package was fragile because it was all tossed into the parcel box and still almost didnt fit. Of all the things I've ordered in the last year I did not think it would be foam yoga blocks that would break my postman! This was well before the postal strike too. I was stunned, then I laughed until I cried. Just slightly too fat for the letter slot. I swear I did not plan that! (If I had there would have been a camera)

💌@medusae.
One of the local chain pet supply stores will also deliver to me and I'm thinking that might be a good way to get food and other supplies as we do not drive and I do not want to walk nearly 3k to the local store then have to walk another back with shopping. One block is a much better walk with a bag of food.

We are hoping to add a dog to our family this year. I might add a cat too. Better to train them both at once? I need a furball to love me when I get home at night! .. and I gave two people that damn near never leave the house so that is also not a issue. The only thing holding this plan up is slobby people. New animals are like babies they will play with and or eat anything they find laying about. Funny and cute but also dangerous depending on what they find. Turns out even a stray sock can be deadly if you have a chewer.
😥

💌@me
Stop abusing emojis ! They deserve better.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:44 am

@Grengirl, thanks for the insight! I've also been slowly developing plans of redoing our Holiday/Event threads a little bit. Seeing as it's immensely difficult to grab a hold of our old Keeper due to him being very busy and that my knowledge of past event prizes is just as big as most of you - I'm presuming this, maybe someone knows every single detail about what Night Fury had thought up - but given that the system of tokens and the whole shop isn't really working in my eyes (to my knowledge, no one ever really used those tokens, haha), I was thinking of making a new event thread and keeping the other one open for a while for people to save coding and then lock it so we can step into a new system that I still need to think of. And I'll get working on making the Art Gallery wider very soon, too! Maybe make a new thread for V2.0, too! c:

@Pirate, even if you didn't find a partner for the very start of the competition, I don't think it would matter very much if you found one a bit later - of course, if you still have muse and time, etc.! It's a friendly competition and I don't want people to feel left out because they couldn't begin on the 1st day. Though, I have to agree that the site's been a bit sleepy as of late and maybe not all people want to participate in competitions this yearly into the year. :/
algorythm
Black Belt

Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:03 am

@pirate ah so sorry you didn't manage to find a partner this time around. but kami is right, you could still totally join in if you did find a partner later in the game.

@kami love the #teameurope bit in your 1x1 comp title, very cute.
Zebra.
Yellow Belt

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:51 pm

• - Hello all

And Always be with you

Your friendly vodka Aunt here with the southern accent
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:55 pm

Zebra. wrote:
  • - Hello all
Hey, Zebra!
Boy, it's been a while! Glad to hear from you again, hun! ♥
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:42 am

Zebra. wrote:
  • - Hello all

Greetings! Nice to see you around again. 🙂
vers
Green Belt

Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:27 am

• does anyone have any good tips for sleeping
      i can't get my brain to shut off because apparently life hates me
𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂 𝒈𝒐𝒅𝒅𝒂𝒎𝒏 𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒑𝒔𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒂 𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒐𝒍𝒅 Image
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:49 am

rosemary wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:27 am
    • does anyone have any good tips for sleeping
      i can't get my brain to shut off because apparently life hates me
Ambiance of heavy rain helps me relax enough under most circumstances but if I'm leaning towards manic then I literally need to run myself into the ground to sleep. If you want to go the med route and dont have actual sleeping pills ( I'm hesitant to share this) try cold meds or muscle relaxants? I know I sleep like the dead on both though I avoid taking them for that very reason. Whatever you use stick to recommended doses and ideally something you have used before.
Good luck.

Now off to a day of my own personal hell