Sagacitas Common Room

Home of the knowledge seekers.

Do we redo the Event Thread? / Do we need a feedback thread for events? / Or a questionnaire thread?

Q1: The Holiday/Event Thread should be revamped
14%
Q1: Nah, no need; lock it up. We're already too busy
21%
Q1: Don't really care about what happens to it
No votes
Q2: Yes! I'd like for there to be a feedback/question corner
21%
Q2: Nah, there's already a thread for AS events created
No votes
Q2: Maybe, but for a different reason (please tell us what for!)
7%
Q3: Yes, a questionnaire thread sounds great
36%
Q3: No, we don't really have enough activity for it
No votes

Total votes: 14
medusae.
Red Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: Sagacitas Common Room

Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:49 am

• @celestialcuttlefish
    i like your username, also what kind of dogs? :o who doesn't love dogs

@grengirl
    i get that, i'm running out of space right now. i actually got rid of my dining room table so i could get my chameleon because i have a one bedroom apartment and too many animals
    i only have two ten gallon tanks rn but next semester will be cycling an axolotl tank because my life will be complete when i raise some axolotls
    i mail order fish, its not that bad as long as the seller ships them right. i send snakes through the mail too, and its easier to send fish than reptiles
    thats ok i like to ramble too
celestialcuttlefish
Yellow Belt

Sagacitas Common Room

Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:31 am

• @medusae thank you! i aspire to live up the concept of a celestial cephalopod. c: and i like your name as well! for lack of better terminology it's a very aesthetic way to refer to the ever majestic sea jelly.
      i have two pups, a chubby thirteen year old black lab and a two year old black lab/hound mix.
      also im a such a sucker for axolotls and felt second hand excitement at the mere idea of you raising axolotls which,,, says a lot about me.
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:35 pm

@medusae
I'm glad you get me. I just don't trust Canada post with anything alive and I might have to make orders international on top of that. When I looked into it in the past most of the places I liked were located in new England and surrounding states. The the next best ones were in Ontario. Up side of mail order is I have people at home most of the time to receive parcels; well the few that still actually come to the door. I can just too easily picture a postie putting a parcel out in the community mail box in -30°c weather that contained water. It's not much harder to imagine the same thing but with a live animal.

And customs already hates me and my mail, all of my packages get held at customs for four to seven days minimum. ... ever since I ordered cup hooks? They opened the cheap looking magnetic knife holders that just arrived a month late. I know I'm never ordering seeds again after this past spring! Omfl. Just never never again!
MajorPoland
Bronze Belt

Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I am slowly coming back from my hiatus. I might need some tips on how to get back into proper writing.

Love,
Major
I was made to rule the waves across the seven seas
The Major is sailing on different seas now. Thank you for a good time and for you patience.
algorythm
Black Belt

Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:51 pm

MajorPoland wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am slowly coming back from my hiatus. I might need some tips on how to get back into proper writing.

Love,
Major
haha I'm always down to talk with you no matter the reason
toast
Gold Belt

Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:05 pm

MajorPoland wrote:
Hi everyone,

Love,
Major
when I was in my senior year of high school, my sci-fi teacher would have us do what she called "word vomit" for our drafts. just spit out everything you have in terms of ideas, then go back and refine them a couple of times. it's really good for just getting started. I personally take forever to write things (time and distractions mostly), but I open a draft in my phone notes and drop all of my starting ideas into it (mostly dialogue ideas) and then build around it from there. I jump around a lot in my writing but if you build from top to bottom it should be a lot easier
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:56 pm

Ah, I feel as if I'm late to the party! Sorry about my disappearance, everyone - I was vacationing in London during the weekend! ♥

A big welcome to our newest member(s) and a warm hug and a pat on the back for those returning; it's always nice to see people come back once the busiest times of their lives settle down! I myself shall be rather busy starting from the 21st of Dec and to the 23rd of Jan because of my exams, but I'll do my very best to keep everything running smoothly here during the holidays. My inbox is always open to those who wish to chat, nag or talk about whatever. :)

@Major, I feel you! Most of my writings were pretty dead during a big part of the last few months because of how busy my partners were and I myself had little time to write. Even pushing out the tiniest of posts sometimes asks for a lot of effort but if you'd like some help practising once more or just discussing various ideas about how to get back into the groove, I'm more than happy to participate! I feel like my writing could be a lot better now, too, haha.

Also, a lot of respect and a big congratulations to yanta for posting the 1st submission into our prompt thread! I can't wait to find time to read it. c:
yanta
Orange Belt

Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:47 am

I'm just hoping I understood the idea behind the Prompt dialogue thing correctly when posting that.
A wild Cured Zombie has appeared.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've played a few online games, you may have also seen me use the handles of Ixi Frey (FFXIV), Kaysa (Too many games to count/list), CatDemonIchozu (Mostly just Gaia Online), FinalProxy (Any hacking simulator game), Kesh'lani (Elder Scrolls Online).
Esspe
Green Belt

Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:27 am

• wow, i'm so glad to finally have time to sit down and actually see what you guys have been up to! i hope everyone is enjoying the month and perhaps the end of the semester for some of you students. my semester was pretty hellish and while normally that would mean my writing is stagnant, it actually didn't stop for me..
    *pats myself on back* i actually started formally writing my novel! c:
    anyway! i hope to be able to participate as much as i can in the prompt thread! i'm happy to see one made for our house!
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:44 am

yanta wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:47 am
I'm just hoping I understood the idea behind the Prompt dialogue thing correctly when posting that.
Well, I'm personally used to writing dialogue prompts and focusing on said sentence as a part of dialogue, a.k.a. including the sentence into the dialogue between my characters. I may have missed it in your prompt, but to each his own - I still think it was pretty good and I enjoyed reading it. What does everyone else think regarding this?

@Esspe, welcome back!! We have a roleplay that needs to come back. Also, very happy that you're liking the prompt thread, I'm also hoping to find time this weekend to write something for it, also the Afflatus and the December event. XD