Sagacitas Common Room

Home of the knowledge seekers.

Do we redo the Event Thread? / Do we need a feedback thread for events? / Or a questionnaire thread?

Q1: The Holiday/Event Thread should be revamped
14%
Q1: Nah, no need; lock it up. We're already too busy
21%
Q1: Don't really care about what happens to it
No votes
Q2: Yes! I'd like for there to be a feedback/question corner
21%
Q2: Nah, there's already a thread for AS events created
No votes
Q2: Maybe, but for a different reason (please tell us what for!)
7%
Q3: Yes, a questionnaire thread sounds great
36%
Q3: No, we don't really have enough activity for it
No votes

Total votes: 14
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Re: Sagacitas Common Room

Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:51 am

I just want to say that I'm absolutely exhilarated to see that this is becoming more active! I hope everyone is liking our new prompt thread and that everyone is planning some exciting things for the holidays! Meanwhile, I'm falling behind on everything, haha. Love all of you! ♥

Also, I was thinking about the whole voting system for the prompt thread - since the voting for the best prompt will begin on the 27th and end on the 31st, perhaps I'd do a double poll once again and also put up the new choices for the 2nd round of prompts, so that we wouldn't waste more time of the next month? I'd try to make the whole voting as easy to understand as possible for everyone and make sure to answer all and every single question I'd get regarding this.

Is anyone as excited for the new Godzilla movie as I am???
periwinkle
Brown Belt
House: Sagacitas

Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:55 pm

*throws prompt post into the prompt thread and runs*

feedback on it plz frens
toast
Gold Belt

Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:41 am

that “innocent as a needle could be” line was hype
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:46 pm

periwinkle wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:55 pm
*throws prompt post into the prompt thread and runs*

feedback on it plz frens
Um, I loved your prompt?? ♥ It's not like the stuff you usually write, so it was really nice and fun to read!
I love how sassy your female character was and the whole setting was something I'm not entirely used to, so it was a joy to go through. :)

I also posted a prompt and it's about our potatoes and I'm proud of how sneaky Evelyn is being.
periwinkle
Brown Belt

Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:08 am

toast wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:41 am
that “innocent as a needle could be” line was hype
thanks! as I was writing i remember that i am actually quite scared of needles, so they are not innocent in my eyes lol

Kami wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:46 pm
Um, I loved your prompt?? ♥ It's not like the stuff you usually write, so it was really nice and fun to read!
I love how sassy your female character was and the whole setting was something I'm not entirely used to, so it was a joy to go through. :)

I also posted a prompt and it's about our potatoes and I'm proud of how sneaky Evelyn is being.
thank youuu! ❤ the prompt was based off of an idea Esspe and i daydreamed about one day tbh. i also really enjoyed writing my sassy, outspoken little shit of an addict haha!

evelyn is so fierce and i think i may b in love with her. yas girl
☆ѕтαяяу ѕкιєѕ☆
Red Belt

Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:36 am

it's really weird because lately i've been kind of obsessed with abusive dynamics. like, i in no way condone them and 1000% believe that no one should be in abusive relationships, but for some reason i just wanna write it.

guys i think there's something wrong with me XD
Proud member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I will gladly answer any questions you have!
Image..ImageImageImage
Image Image
Image...Image
toast
Gold Belt

Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:56 am

☆ѕтαяяу ѕкιєѕ☆ wrote:
it's really weird because lately i've been kind of obsessed with abusive dynamics. like, i in no way condone them and 1000% believe that no one should be in abusive relationships, but for some reason i just wanna write it.

if so then we are in that same boat. i have a character who, while not in one currently, suffered from an abusive relationship in the past that still affects his present (minus an au or three) and one of my favorite characters is not necessarily in an abusive relationship but he's definitely in an unhealthy and manipulative one. sometimes it's just fun to explore those darker aspects of the world and if you blatantly state that "hey this is really unhealthy for people" then it might help others come to terms with their own situations
algorythm
Black Belt

Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:39 pm

toast wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:56 am
☆ѕтαяяу ѕкιєѕ☆ wrote:

if so then we are in that same boat. i have a character who, while not in one currently, suffered from an abusive relationship in the past that still affects his present (minus an au or three) and one of my favorite characters is not necessarily in an abusive relationship but he's definitely in an unhealthy and manipulative one. sometimes it's just fun to explore those darker aspects of the world and if you blatantly state that "hey this is really unhealthy for people" then it might help others come to terms with their own situations
h a h a got two of those, one explicitly abusive and one consensually(????) toxic in a physical and emotional sense so...
in our defence, it really is just like the fascination with serial killers and even more vanilla "taboo" relationships. people like experiencing darker themes and dangerous situations in a safe, not actually experiencing this kind of way. very much like the cultural appropriation thing people are discussing right now (i.e. they want to live the life without really living the life).
xx
xiiiI was young I was dreamy / got you on your knees / begging, "stay with me please . . ."x olivia, canadian (est)
xii,hoe, dnd gang (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) xnot thinking straight / you must be joking / this one's a whole new low for you
I
☆ѕтαяяу ѕкιєѕ☆
Red Belt

Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:29 pm

Glad to know I'm not the only one XD
Proud member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I will gladly answer any questions you have!
Image..ImageImageImage
Image Image
Image...Image
celestialcuttlefish
Yellow Belt

Sagacitas Common Room

Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:47 am

• awkwardly slides prompt into thread. i listened to mitski's happy basically on repeat while writing.

do you ever just absolutely flounder to write something? i've had this idea in my brain since the prompt poll was posted but i had a terrible time trying to execute it. i hope it reads alright. ;^;

also special shout out to everyone who posted before me, especially yanta for being the brave soul to post first, all of your prompts were lovely! c: