Sagacitas Common Room

Home of the knowledge seekers.

Moderator: Admin Aide

Do we redo the Event Thread? / Do we need a feedback thread for events? / Or a questionnaire thread?

Q1: The Holiday/Event Thread should be revamped
17%
Q1: Nah, no need; lock it up. We're already too busy
11%
Q1: Don't really care about what happens to it
3%
Q2: Yes! I'd like for there to be a feedback/question corner
17%
Q2: Nah, there's already a thread for AS events created
9%
Q2: Maybe, but for a different reason (please tell us what for!)
3%
Q3: Yes, a questionnaire thread sounds great
31%
Q3: No, we don't really have enough activity for it
9%

Total votes: 35
toast
Gold Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: Sagacitas Common Room

Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:52 am

Not to be political on main but I’m gonna be political on main.
Hidden text.
i was talking about how Trump was like “because of the government shut down I had to feed whatever fast food” as if he’s not the sole reason the government is shut down and how he can open it at any time and my mom was like “so can the Democrats” ma. Mom. Momther. the wall won’t do shit most of our immigration comes by airplane and boats exist which can go around the wall. The government isn’t a bargaining chip, you can’t just shut it down because you don’t get what you want, that’s not how it works. That’s not democratic, that’s tyrannical. And it’s not like he’s not already started building illegally, he’s literally building across a butterfly sanctuary and eminent domain hasn’t even been called. So we know he doesn’t give a shit about laws because they don’t apply to him I guess. He’s just looking for things to whine about and ways to make democrats look like the bad guys but it’s backfiring
☆ѕтαяяу ѕкιєѕ☆
Red Belt

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:08 am

yeah political on main and kinda sorry
Hidden text.
seriously can we just get him impeached already. please. and then vote in a better person.
Proud member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I will gladly answer any questions you have!
Image..ImageImageImage
Image Image
Image...Image
periwinkle
Brown Belt

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:09 pm

@Kami I was so ready to post my prompt and then I read yours and I was shit I'm hella outmatched. Great job lovely!!
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:13 pm

Hi, guys! ♥
Sorry to have been absent; exams are being massive hoes to me, but I'm almost done!! Just need to take my last one on the 23rd and then pray to everything that I didn't fuck up the one I took on the 17th as I want to have no retakes, haha. How has everyone been doing? Hope all of you are well! c:

It's been pretty cold and slippery here lately. It's been dropping from 0°C (32°F) to about -3°C (26°F) and we're all freezing our butts off since it feels much colder than that with how windy it's been. Weather forecasts are promising it can get as low as -20°C (-4°F) next week and I want to die. :')

I'm so unprepared for my 2nd semester, honestly. I have to take x2 extra subjects and I really don't want to sit through that, even if Labour Law has ended and I'm taking two subjects that will be useful to me in my future field. Honestly, I just want a break and I won't even get to have one if I have a retake. xD

Also, I just want to say how damn proud I am that we can have a civil conversation about politics without getting at each other's throats as I had an incident regarding that a bit ago with a friend who's studying abroad and it didn't end nicely. So, Kami is really proud of this fox den for being mature!

As another note, I want to remind that the last day to submit your prompts is the 26th of January and that I'm eager to read everyone's submitted stories!! ♥

@periwinkle, Ma'am, I wrote that after weeks of not writing any good shit. I have 0 ideas if it even still matches the topic, but thank you!! I love yours, too!!
Hidden text.
I find it a bit ironic how Trump's main promise was "to make America great again". America is great, but in my eyes, it's great because of the decisions your country make and how they affect other countries, even if they're not direct neighbours. America is so massive and big that even if you're not thinking about influencing other countries and nations, you're still going to do that because some governments are looking up to you and that's just a fact. If Trump decided to fuck over NATO, countries like Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, etc. would be royally fucked. And the main thing that pisses me off is that this man-child refuses to understand that. No matter how focused he is on the US, he's going to influence others. And that's why I'm scared as fuck.
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:32 pm

Latest storm started here a few minutes ago. I woke up to seeing snow coming down like crazy in the streetlight behind the house but not being able to see it accumulating. Seven minutes latter, yep the it is sticking to the icy rooftops and the ice patches in my back garden. Eleven miniutes later, oh the street is now white! Gonna be a fun day espicilly when it changes to heavy rain this afternoon and the winds pick up. Love having multiple weather warnings in place don't you? Up side today is the first time in almost two weeks my temp will rise above 0°C it's been averaging about -9°C before wind during that period of time. So 9 °C and localized flooding sounds almost good comparitivly. I'm super glad I have today off!

I might end up with most of tomorrow off too due to weather and a new sink being installed. My icecream machine wont work without water and washing my rings will be difficult without a functioning dish sink.

Hidden text.
I think trump scares all of us outside the USA equally. Early on he had immagrents to Canada afraid for their lives. A little girl who was adopted from China came home in tears to her mother because she was being told she was going to be sent back because of trump's policies. Hate crimes based on gender religion and race have also gone up since he took power in the states. (Not to mention the boarder rush we received out of the states. Quebec is still upset about that)

The divisiveness of his leadership is terrifying and it is spreading.. I see nothing good for the international community if he stays much longer. Hell I'm even worried about what will happen if he is forced out! We all can see he won't go easy. Given his tantrum over this bloody stupid wall it's not a stretch to believe he'd ignor a legal impeachment and declare martial law just to stay in power.

And now that I have voiced my fears I will pray to any God listening that none come to pass, and that Kami doesn't need to do any retakes. She deserves a break.

Thirty miniutes later my lawn has been nearly fully devoured by the snow!
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:22 pm

On the behalf of one of our GMs and our Attendants, I'm landing here to remind you all about our Social Media Challenge! Visit here if you don't know about it and if you do and want to participate, keep in mind that it ends in a week! I personally won't usually participate in these, but I'm encouraging everyone to see if the new event is worth it and tell about your experiences to those not willing or unsure if writing more prompts is something they'd like to do! :)

Also, hope everyone had a lovely week! I'm also going to be a bit more active from now as my last exam was today and if I don't have another one to retake, I'll be available much more often. Can't wait to catch up with all of my writings and roleplays during this free week of mine!

ALSO, I DON'T HAVE ANY RETAKES. Big thanks for all of your thoughts, prayers and good vibes!! ♥

Edit;; I'm posting this again to remind both of the events and to tell everyone that you can vote for the 3rd prompt as well as the winners of the last round of prompts! If you can, please vote until the end of January as I'll be posting the winner and the new prompt for all of you to enjoy!
☆ѕтαяяу ѕкιєѕ☆
Red Belt

Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:21 am

So I'm watching an old cartoon I used to adore (Winx Club) and ngl the nostalgia is real.
hello yes I'm a literal child inside can you tell XD
Proud member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I will gladly answer any questions you have!
Image..ImageImageImage
Image Image
Image...Image
medusae.
Red Belt

Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:56 am

for those in the US that like books check out thriftbooks if you haven't already
I just ordered 16 books for $60
most fiction/popular books are $3-5 and some textbooks I've looked at are over half off
they're used, but you can specify what condition you want them in
sharing to save a life
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:19 am

medusae. wrote:
for those in the US that like books check out thriftbooks if you haven't already
most fiction/popular books are $3-5 and some textbooks I've looked at are over half off
sharing to save a life
They dont ship north of the boarder? Man I need a post box and a car and a license and well a passport... and money and days off to go empty said imaginary postbox with imaginary car. Maybe I should just try swimming to Maine from the south shore? .. that can't be legal (or safe) I guess I also need time to read the books I would want to order too. Hmm... maybe I should settle for a rich friend who can travel instead; or just a rich friend. That just sounds more awkward and unlikely than swimming to Maine tbh.
medusae.
Red Belt

Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:45 am

Grengirl wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:19 am
medusae. wrote:
sharing to save a life
They dont ship north of the boarder? Man I need a post box and a car and a license and well a passport... and money and days off to go empty said imaginary postbox with imaginary car. Maybe I should just try swimming to Maine from the south shore? .. that can't be legal (or safe) I guess I also need time to read the books I would want to order too. Hmm... maybe I should settle for a rich friend who can travel instead; or just a rich friend. That just sounds more awkward and unlikely than swimming to Maine tbh.
You and me both lol
I'm not for sure that they don't ship to Canada but you could check. Otherwise I'd totally order them for you and figure out how to ship to Canada cause I'm always willing to help somebody save a buck or two