Sagacitas Common Room

Home of the knowledge seekers.
☆ѕтαяяу ѕкιєѕ☆
Red Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: Sagacitas Common Room

Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:52 pm

Chamomile tea? I've personally never had any but I've heard it helps.
Proud member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I will gladly answer any questions you have!
Image..ImageImageImage
Image Image
Image...Image
rosemary
Green Belt

Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:26 am

Grengirl wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:49 am
rosemary wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:27 am
    • does anyone have any good tips for sleeping
      i can't get my brain to shut off because apparently life hates me
Ambiance of heavy rain helps me relax enough under most circumstances but if I'm leaning towards manic then I literally need to run myself into the ground to sleep. If you want to go the med route and dont have actual sleeping pills ( I'm hesitant to share this) try cold meds or muscle relaxants? I know I sleep like the dead on both though I avoid taking them for that very reason. Whatever you use stick to recommended doses and ideally something you have used before.
Good luck.

Now off to a day of my own personal hell
    • I've tried some "EZsleep" stuff from the pharmacy and it seemed to help for a bit, but I became reliant on it. So it wasn't too good for me there for a while. If I didn't take it I'd stay up all night - and still struggle to sleep come bed time the next day. So, I'm a little reluctant to try medication, but I may give the ambient a swing. If I concentrate on things enough I can zone out pretty well.
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:54 am

rosemary wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:27 am
    • I've tried some "EZsleep" stuff from the pharmacy and it seemed to help for a bit, but I became reliant on it. So it wasn't too good for me there for a while. If I didn't take it I'd stay up all night - and still struggle to sleep come bed time the next day. So, I'm a little reluctant to try medication, but I may give the ambient a swing. If I concentrate on things enough I can zone out pretty well.
That is the common problem with the medicated route and with a high rate if various addictions in my family I've learned it best to avoid any drug accept for occasional use and not for more than three days to a week at a time. I gain resistance quickly too so it keeps the ones that work actually working when I need them.

I personally do find the rain noises very soothing and relaxing. I liked the campfire sounds too but not as much for sleeping as I have experiance with fire and nodding off when your supposed to be watching it is a bad idea that is well ingrained into me. Crickets however are also nice to sleep to.

On a personal update still have a cold but valentines is over and no more 5 am wake up call for four days after Friday morning. Cold meds are my valentine this year. Now, love to all my foxes! I'll just keep loving you from a distance to spare you my germs.

🤧
rosemary
Green Belt

Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:20 am

• @grengirl
      eyy i actually tried the ambients and they sort of helped? It took me a very long moment to really concentrate on them. I thought about some story stuff with its help and I don't recall when I finally went to sleep.
      (It was well past 6 am, but it happened). Better than nothing.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐃
────────────────

[ rose ] [ she/her ] [ writer ]
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:31 am

rosemary wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:20 am
    • @grengirl
      eyy i actually tried the ambients and they sort of helped? It took me a very long moment to really concentrate on them. I thought about some story stuff with its help and I don't recall when I finally went to sleep.
      (It was well past 6 am, but it happened). Better than nothing.
I'm glad it helped.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:33 pm

Sweet Lord, it feels like I haven't been interacting with anyone for ages!! How is everyone?

I'm popping in to remind everyone that there is only a handful of days left to submit your prompts to the thread as it ends on the 24th of Feb - if anyone is struggling to get something up, I can extend the deadline for 1-2 days, it's no big deal. I'm going to try and get something up myself tomorrow, haha.

I'm very late with the sleep-related advice, but I usually get some white noise or just watch YouTube videos until my eyes feel like they're about to melt. Okay, it's usually around 2-3 AM at that point and it's not the healthiest option, but that helps. If anything, you can try to say a word in as many tenses/forms in a foreign language - I used to do that with French and I was asleep before I could even finish the "easy" tenses. Warm tea/milk also sometimes helps!
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:21 am

Popping in again to announce that the options for March's prompts have been posted and you have until the 28th to vote for your favourite one!
To make things easier regarding the songs, I included a link in the poll for anyone that wants to give it a listen and is too lazy to search for it. :)

Sadly, as there were no prompts submitted for this month, we have a tiny empty spot in the Wall of Fame, but I'm eager to find out if the prompt thread will be somewhat more appealing now that some new faces were sorted into our den. I hope they'll come to introduce themselves soon, but we're a generally a very shy bunch in general. I also apologise for not working on re-coding/remaking our event and art gallery threads, but life has been a hoe. cx

Edit;; I've also been thinking of making a fun little questionnaire + a small survey regarding our house and either making it into a Google survey or just posting the code here and letting all of you take part in giving me insight how to make this more exciting. What do you guys think?
DangerousGirl115
White Belt

Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:27 am

Salutations,

I am DangerousGirl115 though I prefer DG or Danger. I was informed that I could pop in here to see what Sagacitas is all about. If anyone would like to talk about something I am open to conversation. Thank you for your time and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Till next time,
Danger
]Image
family means
▬▬▬▬▬▬(no one gets left beind)▬
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Salutations, you can call me DG
or Danger if you wish. I enjoy RP's
of all types. I enjoy coding and
reading books. I am really busy
with my classes most days but
I usually find time to get some
writing in. If you have any ideas
you wish to try out with me just
send me a message.

"You cant pick and choose which
parts of her you love" -Sarah J. Maas

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
or forgotten
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:57 pm

DangerousGirl115 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:27 am
Salutations,

I am DangerousGirl115 though I prefer DG or Danger. I was informed that I could pop in here to see what Sagacitas is all about. If anyone would like to talk about something I am open to conversation. Thank you for your time and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Till next time,
Danger
A very big and warm welcome to our new fox friend! My apologies for not responding faster; life had completely flipped on me since Monday and it's been a struggle! But it's really nice to see more foxes joining our little den and filling it up, which will, hopefully, bring some of our older souls back!
Esspe
Green Belt

Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:19 am

• Old soul responding! I hate that I do a semi-annual pop in to the House just to say "hey" and then to leave again. I'm really going to give a good ol' college try at maintaining my activity on here. Mostly, I think it's because I can't prioritize my free time wisely so I end up binge watching YouTube instead of writing... whoops. So I think if I can manage my activity it will help me organize my life better in general so I don't find myself lazing around more often than not.
    So helloooo to the new foxes! I'm glad there's still a few of you runnin' around!