Sagacitas Common Room

Home of the knowledge seekers.

Moderator: Admin Aide

Do we redo the Event Thread? / Do we need a feedback thread for events? / Or a questionnaire thread?

Q1: The Holiday/Event Thread should be revamped
17%
Q1: Nah, no need; lock it up. We're already too busy
11%
Q1: Don't really care about what happens to it
3%
Q2: Yes! I'd like for there to be a feedback/question corner
17%
Q2: Nah, there's already a thread for AS events created
9%
Q2: Maybe, but for a different reason (please tell us what for!)
3%
Q3: Yes, a questionnaire thread sounds great
31%
Q3: No, we don't really have enough activity for it
9%

Total votes: 35
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Re: Sagacitas Common Room

Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:21 pm

Syzygy wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:03 pm
Kami wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:51 pm
Syzygy wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:27 pm
First of all, I hope everyone is doing well.

Secondly, just a question about this prompt thread. Like I said in my introduction, I've literally never looked at anything other than one-on-ones here on AS since I joined a few years ago, so I might not be too caught up to speed on how everything works. So, this prompt thread, from what I understand is that there's some kind of prompt each month for us to write and then vote on winners and whatever the next thread is. Is this something that's done with the points system I've heard of?
Hi! All is fine here in Kami-land; hope that you're doing alright, too! :)

Yup! I tried to create a very easy and liberal system that all of us could have a say in when dabbling around with the prompt thread. Basically, a new prompt is announced on the 1st of every month (given that I live in the EEST timezone, it can come at odd times of the day for Americans) and it can be either a word, a piece of dialogue or a song. Then, people have time to write and submit that prompt (I'm not sure if I said anything about a word limit, but given how it should apply to the general rules of AS, the pieces people write are usually 300+ words, so there's no issue there); most of the time, I leave about 4-5 days at the end of the month for people to write on the winner of the current round and the new prompt for the following month. And then the circle just rolls around again! :)

Hope that clarified things up a little bit! If you have more questions or suggestions, please, bombard away! :D
Yes. I am doing well. Thanks!

I think I understand now. So, sometime tomorrow, a new prompt will be announced and that'll be the prompt we focus on for that month. If we choose to submit a prompt, do we just post it in that thread or is it submitted somewhere else?
Yeah! Given that I have to be at university at 9 AM - 12 AM (EEST), I probably won't be able to update the prompt during my lectures, so I might possibly do that somewhere around mid-day once I'm home from all of my business in the city. But it will definitely be up tomorrow, yes!

As for idea submission, I'd love it all of them could be sent to me via PM to keep the thread tidy. I rarely ever have the prompts ready before the deadline hits, so creating a small back-up would be a nice thing to have (sadly, no one has offered any ideas just yet, but I'm hopeful)! Also, not sure if it would be an issue, but you don't have to submit all three variations of the prompts we end up choosing from - you could only submit a word or a piece of dialogue and I'll eventually start keeping a document of them (not sure if public or not, but it's a start). Hope this cleared it up a bit!
Syzygy
Black Belt
House: Sagacitas

Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:57 pm

Yeah! Given that I have to be at university at 9 AM - 12 AM (EEST), I probably won't be able to update the prompt during my lectures, so I might possibly do that somewhere around mid-day once I'm home from all of my business in the city. But it will definitely be up tomorrow, yes!

As for idea submission, I'd love it all of them could be sent to me via PM to keep the thread tidy. I rarely ever have the prompts ready before the deadline hits, so creating a small back-up would be a nice thing to have (sadly, no one has offered any ideas just yet, but I'm hopeful)! Also, not sure if it would be an issue, but you don't have to submit all three variations of the prompts we end up choosing from - you could only submit a word or a piece of dialogue and I'll eventually start keeping a document of them (not sure if public or not, but it's a start). Hope this cleared it up a bit!
[/quote]

Sorry, but not exactly. I don't think I communicated what I meant properly. I figured if there was an idea to submit, it would be via PM. I'm talking about a prompt.

Let's say the prompt is a song and I write my prompt on that song - do I post it the finished reply to the prompt in the thread or submit that via PM as well?
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:42 pm

Syzygy wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:57 pm
Sorry, but not exactly. I don't think I communicated what I meant properly. I figured if there was an idea to submit, it would be via PM. I'm talking about a prompt.

Let's say the prompt is a song and I write my prompt on that song - do I post it the finished reply to the prompt in the thread or submit that via PM as well?
Oh, I get it! Yeah, all of the prompts that are submitted according to the one currently running are to be posted on the prompt thread itself. Of course, if for some reason you really don't want it to be public, you can always send it to me (of course, it'd be harder to make it available for a winning position). But the prompts should generally be posted on the thread so everyone could see and enjoy them. :)
Syzygy
Black Belt

Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:25 pm

Got it now. Thanks!
cap'nstark
White Belt

Re: Salazar Common Room

Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:24 pm

• ...i'm lovin this april fools.
      i love that we are slytherin lmaaoo once a snake, always a snake
Syzygy
Black Belt

Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:36 pm

This A p r i l Fool's thing - is there some kind of board preference to turn that off or does it not work like that?
cap'nstark
White Belt

Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:39 pm

• i don't believe there is a way to turn it off. its probably like past years where they switch back to normal after midnight.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:45 pm

I feel as if I've been personally insulted if I get any test result saying I'm not a Slytherin, honestly. xD

To answer Syzygy's question - no, sadly, there's no way to turn it off. It's just a funny little joke for one day that people can enjoy and laugh. I'd suggest reading the reference sheets of your characters, etc. and see how funny they are! Though, the code does look a bit odd~

Also, as per every month, the new prompt is posted and ready to be written for until the 26th! ♥
I also hope some of us will be participating in our new in-house event for April!
Syzygy
Black Belt

Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:56 pm

Well, maybe some find it funny. Feels pretty annoying to me and I think it's dumb there's no way to turn it off if you're actually trying to write and r o l e p l a y without all this b.s. Maybe it can be implemented in the future, hopefully
cap'nstark
White Belt

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:02 pm

• me too, kami. i've always been a slytherin so seeing that this house is considered the slytherin,, i love it lmao

i'm actually quite enjoying this. i always love how creative the mods get with these kind of things. shout out to the mods for another good april fools lmao