Sagacitas Common Room

Home of the knowledge seekers.

Moderator: Admin Aide

Do we redo the Event Thread? / Do we need a feedback thread for events? / Or a questionnaire thread?

Q1: The Holiday/Event Thread should be revamped
17%
Q1: Nah, no need; lock it up. We're already too busy
11%
Q1: Don't really care about what happens to it
3%
Q2: Yes! I'd like for there to be a feedback/question corner
17%
Q2: Nah, there's already a thread for AS events created
9%
Q2: Maybe, but for a different reason (please tell us what for!)
3%
Q3: Yes, a questionnaire thread sounds great
31%
Q3: No, we don't really have enough activity for it
9%

Total votes: 35
Esspe
Green Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: Salazar Common Room

Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:40 pm

• I think it’s quite funny and like always, forgot things could get funky on AS today. So, I thought it was a fun surprise. c: One day with a fun little change is fine. For some reason this actually motivates me to write more to see what it makes me say.

Also I’m Hufflepuff, so Kami’s avatar being Snape makes me feel like a target. xD
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:45 pm

Esspe wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:40 pm
  • I think it’s quite funny and like always, forgot things could get funky on AS today. So, I thought it was a fun surprise. c: One day with a fun little change is fine. For some reason this actually motivates me to write more to see what it makes me say.

Also I’m Hufflepuff, so Kami’s avatar being Snape makes me feel like a target. xD
I know, right?? Me and MajorPoland have been laughing at how my usual "oh, b o y" turn into "oh, wizard". So it's a fun little gimmick. I almost went to edit my coding when I saw that it got a bit broken, but then I remembered that it was the 1st - I honestly spend time now to just roam around and laugh at what others have written. I'd make more fun surprises like this if I could; writing a very serious/sad piece and seeing it turn into a potato is really funny. xD

I'm sorry, but I wanted to pay some respects to my favourite wizard of all time. He fits my sassy, snarky and blunt AF personality well, too. xD
MajorPoland
Bronze Belt

Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:22 pm

Why are the Knowledge Seekers Slytherin? I mean, weren't we supposed to be like... Ravenclaw??
I was made to rule the waves across the seven seas
The Major is sailing on different seas now. Thank you for a good time and for you patience.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:28 pm

MajorPoland wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:22 pm
Why are the Knowledge Seekers Slytherin? I mean, weren't we supposed to be like... Ravenclaw??
I think that was a bit of a mixup on two occasions: possibly the houses were more tried to be connected colour-wise rather than trait-wise. But then another mixup could've accidentally been done regarding the colours as Vipera/Sagacitas might have been mixed up twice, haha. Or was it because Snape is my babe?
It's all a part of the joke - you see people asking why they're 'Ravenclaw', people wondering why they're 'Slytherin' even if they're not, etc. xD
MajorPoland
Bronze Belt

Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:30 pm

Oh wizard! I see! snape is everybody's baby, tbh :D
I was made to rule the waves across the seven seas
The Major is sailing on different seas now. Thank you for a good time and for you patience.
toast
Gold Belt

Re: Sagacitas Common Room

Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:24 pm

What Greek numeral system is better for counting in the Greek pantheon? The acrophonic numeral system (the precursor to Roman, where you use addition and subtraction based on the number) or the ionic system (where you only add numbers (345 is written as 300 + 40 + 5)
periwinkle
Brown Belt

Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:19 am

i haven't posted on here in what feels like years lol
anyway we are third in house points so far and the competitive part of me is hollerin' real loud about it oops
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:39 pm

periwinkle wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:19 am
i haven't posted on here in what feels like years lol
anyway we are third in house points so far and the competitive part of me is hollerin' real loud about it oops
As your friend, mother and potato-in-law, I'm calling you out for hollering and then just sitting on the sidelines. Put your back into it!!
We do still have the bragging rights that we were the 1st when it came to winning the so-called 'House Cup' during the 1st year of houses and house points.

On another note, sorry for my disappearance, haha. Life has been hectic and I've only lately got my Easter holidays (even though I'm swarmed with x2 mid-terms and a 25-page paper to write). I'm still harbouring ideas for how to revamp our token-system so that the 'prizes' for our seasonal events would be worth a little something but it hasn't been moving very quickly as of late. Still, I'm hoping to sit down and work on it during the summer, when there's no school for me.

If anyone has any ideas of what they'd like to do for anything house-themed while any larger events of AS are going on (e.g. 100 DoS, NaNo, etc.), feel free to suggest away! It's lately been feeling a bit empty in that field, so I'm slowly getting the idea that maybe it'd be better to retire seasonal and separate events that aren't AS-wide for a little bit until more people return, etc. Hope everyone is going to have a great Easter or/and a great April! ♥
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:04 pm

I'm probably annoying a good 75% people here with my constant posting about our prompt thread, but I'm going to pop in again to tell that the voting for April's winner and May's upcoming prompt has begun! Come and show our wonderful writing foxes some love! ♥

Also, how has everyone been doing? A very weird heat-wave has hit Lithuania (along with very dirty air because of the forest fires going on in our neighbouring countries), so I'm basically sweating my ass off here. It got as high as 27°C (80.4°F) inside of my flat and I nearly became a roasted chicken. :o
Pirate-At-Heart
Bronze Belt

Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:28 am

• you europeans need to get central air conditioning lol

life's been going okay for me recently, can't complain.
greetings! i am pirate, a twenty-three year
old gal from ope-town, midwest usa, who
loves cats, d&d, and watching waaay too
much netflix. my pms are always open
for a friendly chat!
• • •
muse: it's alive!!!
• • •
d&d rp (always accepting)
• • •
bestest friend in the whole worldmy beloved asshole
my twinthe pure onemother of beaudonut queen