Sagacitas Common Room

Home of the knowledge seekers.

Moderator: Admin Aide

Do we redo the Event Thread? / Do we need a feedback thread for events? / Or a questionnaire thread?

Q1: The Holiday/Event Thread should be revamped
17%
Q1: Nah, no need; lock it up. We're already too busy
11%
Q1: Don't really care about what happens to it
3%
Q2: Yes! I'd like for there to be a feedback/question corner
17%
Q2: Nah, there's already a thread for AS events created
9%
Q2: Maybe, but for a different reason (please tell us what for!)
3%
Q3: Yes, a questionnaire thread sounds great
31%
Q3: No, we don't really have enough activity for it
9%

Total votes: 35
DangerousGirl115
White Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: Sagacitas Common Room

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:39 pm

I remember CS as being like the central hub for Warrior cat clan rps...and like almost every rp clan was connected to another clan...and there were like so many threads that if you searched up "warrior cats" you would get like over 400 pages of different rps......and sitting in class on like my little midget phone typing responses back and forth with my friend who sat right next to me was honestly the best part of the entire day....we would sit at lunch and still be responding...and though it took forever to type it was like....my key memories of middle school tbh
]Image
family means
▬▬▬▬▬▬(no one gets left beind)▬
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Salutations, you can call me DG
or Danger if you wish. I enjoy RP's
of all types. I enjoy coding and
reading books. I am really busy
with my classes most days but
I usually find time to get some
writing in. If you have any ideas
you wish to try out with me just
send me a message.

"You cant pick and choose which
parts of her you love" -Sarah J. Maas

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
or forgotten
midna
White Belt

Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:54 pm

• oh gods, cs. I used to rp there all the time. Now my main thing is collecting characters from closed species.

When I was an immature child (12 or 13 or so), a lot of my one on one roleplays would "move to pm". The only warning I ever got was for something unrelated, honestly looking back, what I got the warning for I never actually did, but CS staff is still crappy like that. One mod will just give you a warning, another will put a legitimate strike on your account. But I won't talk about the problems of CS.

I never did warriors roleplays. I had only read one of the many books and honestly it never interested me. And ofc when I was 12 I would much rather rp my weird ships from games (one "masterpiece" being link x ghirahim that went on for a year) and shows then rp as a cat named something like Crowtail. And then after I was out of my rping stage, I got into writing fan fic .. ..... ... yeah no we don't talk about that.

rn, due to bad experiences, I'm most likely in the process of quitting, or taking a reaallly long break from cs, which means y'all here will indeed see more of me. Whether I quit fully or take a break I'm gonna be like 20x more active. Idk who recongnizes me but my previous username here was antique skies.

Also, i had the worst data on my first phone, but I was CONSTANTLY on cs at school. But man was it hard to browse CS on my winows nokia lumia. .. . that I broke lmao. But tbh I'm getting hella nostalgia from thinking abt how I was on cs when i was 12... cringy and weird!
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:46 pm

Ah... CS. A place of torment and horrible, horrible writing (at least, in my case). I remember making at least two accounts on that god-forgotten website and I'm lucky enough to have escaped before it really went down to shit. At least, before you would get messaged or warnings from Mods for writing the word "dick" or even mentioning AS. I used to be quite active on the forum games there and had a few roleplays there, too. I think that my username there was either 'Kornne' or 'Kornne69' (yes, I was very mature, thank you very much). But I left somewhere around 2013 and never honestly looked back.

I wasn't a very active person regarding interacting with other people and I made few friends on there (I'm very thankful to the one who introduced me to AS) and, honestly, I don't regret leaving all that much. That website was toxic and from what I've heard from everyone here and other people, it's only been going downhill. Though, I'm thankful to CS for introducing me to writing and the concept of roleplaying as I'd never done that before in my life.
DangerousGirl115
White Belt

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:06 pm

Everything is so bittersweet about the site and I think it is funny that a lot of us started out there one way or another.
]Image
family means
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

send me a message.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
or forgotten
Cas
Global Moderator

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:25 pm

DangerousGirl115 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:06 pm
Everything is so bittersweet about the site and I think it is funny that a lot of us started out there one way or another.
I totally agree, it's wild how a lot of us had the shared experience of starting out on CS and then migrating out as they got more and more restrictive. Definitely thankful for the introduction to roleplaying though: I just think of lot of us outgrew it quickly!

╔══════════════════════════╗

i'm a nerdy english lit and creative
writing student who is currently
enjoying summer freedom from uni!

currently: prepping for my second year
of university and moving into my
second year house!
reading: brighton rock, eldest, inferno
playing: minecraft, animal crossing (nl)

╚══════════════════════════╝
lil || the harvey to my mike || a safe haven || to learn and grow || but the search goes on || among the stars|| talk anytime
as a global mod, i'm here to help! any questions, any time, send them my way, either by pm, or discord: hippxcrates #6675 !
toast
Gold Belt

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:16 pm

what is UP ya girl is now working 6-7 hour shifts 6 days a week holla, we all about that munty hunty

Idk if it was mentioned or not but this website was more or less created specifically because CS got way too restrictive in its writing laws
edit: I say laws like you are immediately arrested and sent to jail for breaking them, but like is that wrong though
Cas
Global Moderator

Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:11 pm

toast wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:16 pm
what is UP ya girl is now working 6-7 hour shifts 6 days a week holla, we all about that munty hunty

Idk if it was mentioned or not but this website was more or less created specifically because CS got way too restrictive in its writing laws
edit: I say laws like you are immediately arrested and sent to jail for breaking them, but like is that wrong though
get the cash cash money yooooooooot

i mean they were like laws and they were the kind of laws that changed all the damn time without warning, i'd been on the site for four years and i got told off for using starred out curses or substitutes like 'frick' (i'm still so salty about that like wtf guys frick isn't even a swear)

yup i still have so much salt around how restrictive CS got,,,, i know there are a lot of kids on it but I swear even their 18+ section got the PG-13 lecture

╔══════════════════════════╗

i'm a nerdy english lit and creative
writing student who is currently
enjoying summer freedom from uni!

currently: prepping for my second year
of university and moving into my
second year house!
reading: brighton rock, eldest, inferno
playing: minecraft, animal crossing (nl)

╚══════════════════════════╝
lil || the harvey to my mike || a safe haven || to learn and grow || but the search goes on || among the stars|| talk anytime
as a global mod, i'm here to help! any questions, any time, send them my way, either by pm, or discord: hippxcrates #6675 !
DangerousGirl115
White Belt

Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:46 pm

They don't have the 18+ section in use anymore I don't think...cause right before I got banned it was because I starred out a curse word in that section and they without warning blocked it off from everyone I knew that played.

But its FIIIINNNNNNEEEEE Im not a bitter person.....if they want to lose members thats their cup of ramen......I on the other hand find I quite enjoy this site and the freedom that comes with it....because while there are reasonable rules they dont take it out of hand XD.

On a completely related note

]Image
family means
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

send me a message.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
or forgotten
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:30 pm

I have some faded fond memories of CS but I do not miss it. It became far too toxic and rapidly was in the process of quitting and went to check on some lingering trades/gifts to people on there. (I wanted to rehome my pets to ppl I actually liked) only to find I'm locked out due to a issue with my password? I set that account up many years ago i have no sweet clue what email it's set to or if said email still exists. oh well. After I checked those trades I was just going to PM the insane mod who had been bullying me that they could delete my account. No loss there.

I'm most upset that a thread I was co owner of and still actively nodding was deleted without notification of any kind. I got warning for pointing out that i felt it had been disrespectful of staff to not notify me quickly followed by a warning for complimenting another longtime user ( former ganeral helper? ) for her good work on the site and generosity. Yup. That was the end of calm Gren. I put the compliment back in my siggy adding if anyone else wanted compliments they should try being nice. Suprised I didn't actually get another warning for that lol. But same mod did go rummaging through my history to throw two more random warnings my way. (Shrug)

So rant aside if anyone is actually on good terms with a CS mod can you ask to have me deleted there? Hell they can have at any pets or items I have left before they do it too. My parting gift since I cant even log in. .. wait no more ranting. I met a bunch of long term partners there and I'm happy to have most of them here on AS now.

Funniest PM I got there ever though was from a mod asking me to use more basic vocab and cited a example that had been in my vocab since I was about six. I wish I could remember the word but I sat stunned then laughed for about an hour straight. I never figured out who complained because most of my partners were thrilled I used a decent vocab.. but now that I think about it they were probably the one who had to look it up and resented it. Ha!

I do miss the pet aspect at times but tbh most of the designs I'd seen the past few years weren't all that .. interesting? Unique? .. most of the exceptions would be event pets but even a number of those were less than appealing to me.

It was Scorch that finally dragged my ass here. She had been trying to get me here since the site was fairly new and still called awesome sauce? Tbh I should have listened far far sooner!

(Now I have to work on some replies before I pass out again)
toast
Gold Belt

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:04 am

my favorite rule ever was the “you can only use one reference image per character and no images in posts because it clogs the servers uwu” as if people weren’t throwing like 7 pet links for CS and other sites into their signature that didn’t get disabled. Y’all those are images no matter how you slice it. Let people have fun, damn