Sagacitas Common Room

Home of the knowledge seekers.

Moderator: Admin Aide

Should we keep the Prompt Thread running? // Any thoughts about an anonymous form?

Put it on hiatus until after NaNo/until 2020.
24%
Keep it going for now and see what happens.
29%
Change the system and then try to keep it going.
No votes
We don't really have a need/enough activity for it.
12%
Other (please comment or PM me about it). :)
No votes
Form: yes, it's a nice idea, more people will speak up!
29%
Form: no, we don't really need or want it for now.
6%

Total votes: 17
sauerkraut
Brown Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: Sagacitas Common Room

Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:24 am

hi guys, ive finally decided to be active again because I miss writing as an outlet.
how are you all?
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:10 am

sauerkraut wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:24 am
hi guys, ive finally decided to be active again because I miss writing as an outlet.
how are you all?
Hullo! Glad to see you're back! :)
I'm pretty decent right now; about to start my internship next Thursday and just enjoying summer before lectures start up again. cx
Been fighting with my dwindling muse for 100 DoS because I'm too stubborn to abandon it after 50%+ is complete.
sauerkraut
Brown Belt

Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:24 am

thats good to hear! i hope your internship goes well and you can have a peaceful rest of your summer. i get that feeling with my art etc. im sure you'll be able to complete it :)
i might go make a thread and pick out the prompts that inspire me and try and get some points
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:33 am

sauerkraut wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:24 am
thats good to hear! i hope your internship goes well and you can have a peaceful rest of your summer. i get that feeling with my art etc. im sure you'll be able to complete it :)
i might go make a thread and pick out the prompts that inspire me and try and get some points
-more hugs-

I'm so glad your back. I miss my patient inspiring partners when they find they need a break, and we all need breaks!

I started out with the first batch of prompts in 100 dos but ended up dropping before the first theme which I feel awful about because it's a good theme and I still have ideas for some of them just no bloody time! I've been trying to focus in my rps instead. I might not earn us points but I feel more accomplished .. no I feel like I'm letting peopl down less? With works kind exploding in my face the last couple weeks I'm behind in too much life stuff ie my strawberry garden has two species of thistles growing in it that I really really need to remove they are rapidly getting huge! But energy for more than a few lines after ten plus hours on my feet forget weeds! Let me qwerty on my phone like the (hopefully /mostly) reliable dork I am?

@ Kami you're amazing as is your writing and I have faith you'll go far in life. I understand not wanting to give up but if your muse or time is stretched too thin take a day or two off 100 dos before seeing if you ready to jump back in? Sometimes our muse needs a short break too. ♡
bye bye bye
Bronze Belt

Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:22 am

I feel Kami on this one, the recent batch of prompts have been harder on my muse. Or maybe I am just losing motivation? But I feel I'm too far in to give up now.

Also, welcome back, Sauerkraut!!
Cas
Global Moderator

Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:18 pm

Cas jumps into the common room, holding a suitcase and an ice cream. She looks shattered. Her hair is greasy. she flicks her sunglasses down and gives everyone a thumbs up

HI GUYS IM BACK FROM MY INTTERAILING WHICH I'M PRETTY SURE I TOLD NONE OF YOU ABOUT BUT IM BACK AND WHAT A BETTER WAY TO ANNOUNCE IT THAN RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW!

wow it shows I'm running on sugar oof how is everyone? like i said i've done some interrailing round europe (amsterdam, berlin, munich, venice and rome) to be precise, so I wanna ask if you guys have gone anywhere new this summer? Of if any of you have done anything interesting? tell me some summer stories!

also I'm gonna try realllly hard to make sure the next set of questions for August are up on the questionnaire thread tonight, or tomorrow morning! So refresh that questionnaire space! New questions coming soon!

@kami YOU CAN DO IT YOU GO FINISH THOSE 100DOS
@grengirl don't worry about work exploding, we all get smacked about by busy life stuff. Also like, if it makes you feel better I'm pretty sure I;ve only done like 3 of the 100dos prompts... any points for Sag are good points, and more important is you have fun :D

It's wonderful to be back in the warmth of the common room ahhhhhh

╔══════════════════════════╗

i'm a nerdy english lit and creative
writing student who is currently
back at uni and studying constantly!

currently: making my way through a
mammoth pile of reading and trying to
get through all the tasks I set myself!

reading: Octavia Butler's 'Dawn'
playing: minecraft, animal crossing (nl)

╚══════════════════════════╝
lil || the harvey to my mike || a safe haven || to learn and grow || but the search goes on || among the stars|| talk anytime
as a global mod, i'm here to help! any questions, any time, send them my way, either by pm, or discord: hippxcrates #6675 !
yanta
Blue Belt

Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:10 am

Intterailing? Sounds like an adventure. I would like to hear the adventure story of Cas and the Intterail. :3

sits down and stares at @Cas. A patient and expecting gaze settles deep in his eyes.
A wild Cured Zombie has appeared.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've played a few online games, you may have also seen me use the handles of Ixi Frey (FFXIV), Kaysa (Too many games to count/list), CatDemonIchozu (Mostly just Gaia Online), FinalProxy (Any hacking simulator game), Kesh'lani (Elder Scrolls Online).
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:18 am

@cas

You did a great job with the questions!
My answers are up and odly I was looking for more then realized I'd answered 20 which really is a reasonable amount haha.

Looking forward to seeing some answers from people who have more of a life and a summer break. I hope I didn't make anyone hungry with my answers? .. or afraid? Nah my food answers were surprisingly safe and maybe even normal? I've eaten some strange things but not in my icecream!
Cas
Global Moderator

Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:19 pm

@Grengirl Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed the questions! If you guys reckon I should do more questions, say 30 rather than 20, let me know via pm and I'll up the count each month! Also I'm so hungry right now... Reading your answers has motivated me to make dinner ahahaha

Cas sits down on a comfy beanbag and pats for everyone to sit too: it's storytime, and she looks excited.

@yanta & anyone else who wants to know OH M Y GOD INTERRAILING WAS SO FUN I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO ALL so right I went to Amsterdam, Berlin, Munich, Venice and Rome, all european cities I've either seen before and wanted to see again, or new ones I'd always wanted to see! Amsterdam was so pretty, (I went Interrailing with my best friend-boyfriend), and we wandered through the red light district and saw a peep show for 2euros for fun,,, also we went to Zaanse Shanse and saw the windmills and went on a boat tour of the windmills which was GREAT

Then we went to Berlin which my bf had always wanted to go to, and saw the Reichstag (Parliament building), Holocaust Memorial (Highly recommend going, it's quite thought provoking), visited Checkpoint Charlie, Brandenburg Gate, and also visited several WW2 memorial museums and such, like the Topography of Terror and Sachsenhausen concentration camp. Berlin is an amazing city with a vibrant nightlife I didn't get to explore (I was exhausted from the travelling ok I'll go clubbing next time in Berlin) and I highly recommend the city!

Then we went to Munich which we spent most of the time resting - Munich has some gorgeous architecture that we looked at, and we went to Dachau concentration camp (My bf loves History and has a particular interest in anything surrounding ww2, so lots of visits to museums!)

Venice and Rome were choices of mine - Venice was SO HOT but the air bnb we booked was absolutely amazing it was this entire apartment with super cool air con which was a dream to come back to after a day in sweltering heat. Venice is very pretty, but i think too touristy, which I suppose is ironic to say, given I'm a tourist aha

Rome I'd been to before, but my bf hadn't, so I spent the time we had there showing him everything I loved; colloseum, Roman Forum, Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, Pantheon, everything. I ate so much ice cream (if you dont know me you wont know that ice cream is LITERALLY MY FAVOURITE SWEET THING ON THE PLANET AND THE FLAVOURS IN ITALY AHHH I HAD PINEAPPLE, MIXED BERRY, LEMON, RASPBERRY, BANANA, SO MANY ICE CREAM I was in heaven!

Also!! I spent my birthday (July 29th) in the Vatican Museums which is one of my favourite places ever! I love the museums there because I have a love for ancient Greek and Roman art and history, so really it was the best birthday for me!

Honestly that barely scratches the surface of what we got up to but so much happened I'd be typing forever! But if you wanna know more/wanna interrail yourself and want advice, pm me! I'm happy to chat (bc i chat TOO MUCH)

╔══════════════════════════╗

i'm a nerdy english lit and creative
writing student who is currently
back at uni and studying constantly!

currently: making my way through a
mammoth pile of reading and trying to
get through all the tasks I set myself!

reading: Octavia Butler's 'Dawn'
playing: minecraft, animal crossing (nl)

╚══════════════════════════╝
lil || the harvey to my mike || a safe haven || to learn and grow || but the search goes on || among the stars|| talk anytime
as a global mod, i'm here to help! any questions, any time, send them my way, either by pm, or discord: hippxcrates #6675 !
yanta
Blue Belt

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:57 am

@Cas Sounds like an amazing adventure. Judging by the name, I'm guessing you two traveled by train when going from country to country?

Also, sorry about the delay in response. I know I was the one that asked for the story. Just now got the time to where I'm not exhausted from job to be able to read it. XD
A wild Cured Zombie has appeared.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've played a few online games, you may have also seen me use the handles of Ixi Frey (FFXIV), Kaysa (Too many games to count/list), CatDemonIchozu (Mostly just Gaia Online), FinalProxy (Any hacking simulator game), Kesh'lani (Elder Scrolls Online).