|| Holiday/Event Thread. ||

Home of the knowledge seekers.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Re: Sagacitas || Holiday/Event Thread. ||

Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:29 pm

NOTICE: I based the song on AS as a whole and some of my favourite roleplays, so it might be a little bit odd for people, who aren't my roleplay partners or haven't stalked my threads. I apologise in advance for those, who are totally lost reading this terrible remake of the song. And I'd like the Secret Santa Stocking! ♥
Hidden text.
[Verse 1]
On the first days of Christmas, my vixen sent to me,
An emotional redhead on a killing spree.

[Verse 2]
On the second day of Christmas, my vixen sent to me,
Two snow-white stags
And an emotional redhead on a killing spree.

[Verse 3]
On the third day of Christmas, my vixen sent to me,
Three bluebirds of fire,
Two snow-white stags

[Verse 4]
On the fourth day of Christmas, my vixen sent to me,
Four unstable houses,
Three bluebirds of fire,
Two snow-white stags

[Verse 5]
On the fifth day of Christmas, my vixen sent to me,
Five supernatural and sad people,
Four unstable houses,
Three bluebirds of fire,
Two snow-white stags

[Verse 6]
On the sixth day of Christmas, my vixen sent to me,
Six drama queens,
Four unstable houses,
Three bluebirds of fire,
Two snow-white stags

[Verse 7]
On the seventh of Christmas, my vixen sent to me,
Seven bottles of bad booze,
Six drama queens,
Four unstable houses,
Three bluebirds of fire,
Two snow-white stags

[Verse 8]
On the eight day of Christmas, my vixen sent to me,
Eight amazing roleplays,
Six drama queens,
Four unstable houses,
Three bluebirds of fire,
Two snow-white stags

[Verse 9]
On the ninth day of Christmas, my vixen sent to me,
Nine layouts that need to be re-coded,
Eight amazing roleplays,
Six drama queens,
Four unstable houses,
Three bluebirds of fire,
Two snow-white stags

[Verse 10]
On the tenth day of Christmas, my vixen sent to me,
Ten roleplays that are illiterate,
Eight amazing roleplays,
Six drama queens,
Four unstable houses,
Three bluebirds of fire,
Two snow-white stags

[Verse 11]
On the eleventh day of Christmas, my vixen sent to me,
Eleven replies that are late,
Eight amazing roleplays,
Six drama queens,
Four unstable houses,
Three bluebirds of fire,
Two snow-white stags

[Verse 12]
On the twelfth day of Christmas, my vixen sent to me,
Twelve amazing Sagacitas house friends,
Eleven replies that are late,
Eight amazing roleplays,
Six drama queens,
Four unstable houses,
Three bluebirds of fire,
Two snow-white stags
☆ѕтαяяу ѕкιєѕ☆
Red Belt
House: Sagacitas

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:59 pm

You said art was accepted too, right? Good because I had to redo this since my laptop was a butt and didn't save it when i was forced to restart it
Hidden text.
I'd like a secret santa stocking ^^
(also i could probably whip up a 12 days of christmas parody if art doesn't work xD)
Proud member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I will gladly answer any questions you have!
Image..ImageImageImage
Image Image
Image...Image
periwinkle
Brown Belt

a sacrifice for the greater good

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:04 am

A Sacrifice For The
Greater Good

• The small family of three crouched around the coal-powered furnace, hoping to seek the last remnants of heat coming from the old contraption. The Wessels family, consisting of the father, John, the mother, Marilyn, and their seven-year-old son, Timothy, lived in a small home in the slums of Detroit, Michigan. John had been a factory worker in a factory that produced cars - as the city was so popularly known for - but had been laid off and then fired when machines took over the human jobs in the assembly line. From there, the Wessels received only hardship upon hardship. John struggled to find work to support his family. Marilyn, who was once a housewife, now performed small sewing jobs for a small fee in order to try to help her husband. Timothy mowed lawns in the summer. However, it was now winter, Christmas Eve in fact, and the family was on their last legs. John had put all their money into buying food, and now the struggling family had no money to buy more coal for their furnace. In continuation of their horrid luck, this Christmas Eve night was predicted to be the coldest in the last twenty years. Their ramshackle house, full of cracks letting in cold air and letting out their warm air, was rapidly becoming colder as the day went on. The mood in the house was anything but full of Christmas cheer, to say the least. The family sat in silence for most of the day, unable to do anything but become more dejected about their hopeless situation.

Santa Claus, who had been proven to be a real man, had just released his naughty and nice list to each city. The names of all the children would be published in the city's local newspaper. Timothy had gone out early that morning and had lined up for hours in order to get a newspaper, using the last of his lawn-mowing savings in order to buy one. The boy had raced home to show his parents, and they were delighted to see that he had landed himself on the nice list. That meant he would get the toy he had always wanted, and his parents congratulated him for being so good. Of course, Timmy had always been a good child; he was mature for his age given his less than comfortable circumstances. But now, as Timothy looked into his parents' eyes and saw only despair, he decided that he had to do something about it.

The naughty and nice lists were subjected to change in the 24 hours between Christmas Eve morning and Christmas Day morning, and Timothy quickly figured out that he only had a few hours to land himself on the naughty list. Why? It was simple: the naughty children got coal for Christmas. If Timmy got the coal for Christmas, he could use it to help heat his family home for just a little while longer. There was no other option for the boy - there was no way a letter to Santa would arrive in time, and even if it could have been delivered quickly there was little chance Santa would read it. He received millions of letters a day. So, Timothy gathered his courage, and spent the whole day pretending to be someone he wasn't.

He threw things, screamed obscenities at his mother until she cried, and was incorrigible for hours on end. When his father finally grew sick of his attitude, he sent his son to bed early. Timmy stomped and screamed the whole way to his room, and slammed the door so hard that the walls shook. Through those walls, paper-thin as they were, Timothy could hear his mother crying over her son's sudden change in behavior. John Wessels attempted to console his wife, and soon the two retired to their own bed as well. Timothy laid in bed for a long while after that, feeling horrible about what he'd done but hoping that it had worked all the same.

The next morning came and Timothy scampered out of his room quickly, threadbare socks slipping on the uneven and cracked linoleum as he raced to the small living room. When he saw the sight that greeted him, he could only excitedly race back to his parents' room and shake them awake. In minutes the family of three stood stunned in their living room. Before them lay bags and bags of pitch black coal. However, that was not all. In more bags there was food, both perishable and non-perishable - enough to feed the family for weeks. There was also the toy that Timmy had wanted - a giant plastic dinosaur that roared when the button on its back was pressed. Marilyn let out a sob of disbelief and joy at the generous sight, and John stepped forward to grab the note that was sitting on top of the coal-powered furnace.

"Dear Timothy," he read aloud, "I know that you were trying to land yourself on the naughty list yesterday, and I know why you were doing it. I just wanted to let you know that you are still definitely on the nice list, and for your actions you deserve the highest spot. While I cannot give you all the money you wish for or a mansion to live in, I can provide you these provisions, hopefully enough to last until your family can get back on its feet. I truly wish there were more children like you in this world, willing to sacrifice their own wants for their family's needs. Merry Christmas, Timmy. Signed, Santa Claus."
[I'll take the holiday tokens, please! c:]
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

A letter from Santa

Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:43 pm

Breathe on the glass, and you give frost more ammunition.

Now it can build castles and cities and whole ice continents with your breath’s vapor.

In a few blinks you can almost see the winter fairies moving in . . .

But first, you hear the crackle of their wings.

~Vera Nazarian,
The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration

Winter was one of the worse times for Harland by midwinter he was practically in a state of hibernation. His inherited magic was strong but also flawed. He was too tied into the cycle of nature and in particular the plants. The trees slept and the plants all died down this time if year. Snow covering them like a soft blanket outside his remote cottage.

Inside there was a blazing fire in the stone fireplace. The warmth and light helped ease his condition. He wouldn't eat much either but his mother was sure to feed him soups and teas with as much nutrients as she could pack into them. She would also tell him stories. He had a passion for listening to any story but his favorites always contained elements of magic. For those his mother mostly stuck to fables as to not give bad information. Magic had not been a part of her world before Harland. The magic linage had been that of her husband and after his loss his family had cut ties save evicting them from the cottage that was the only home Harland knew.

Today she was telling a story about the icy winter fairies with remembered fragments of a story her own grandmother had once told her and some probably imagined events from a early winter morning in her own youth. She watched him listening intently to her every word. It made her heart ache because this was about the only thing that would keep him from sleeping or just blankly stareing into the fire.

Much later that night after the sun had gone down and she too had drifted into slumber. The fire had dimmed to a warm crackling in a dark opening. Icy wind pushing down the flu and making it quiver in the chill. Instead of falling into a deeper slumber from the cold something in Harland shook him awake. The kind of instinct that tells you when danger is lurking left his bright blue eyes searching the main room of the small cottage. Ice was forming on all the windows on both the outside and on the inside. This should have alarmed the young green leaf mage but instead he found himself searching the dim light for any signs of the winter fairies from the story.

Fairy like glowing pale blue orbs flicked in and out of view after he began concentrating. This was mildly reminiscent of fox fire. With the blanket wrapped smugly about his he stood moving toward the windows. The air was so cold here that it hurt to breath deeply but instead of alerting his mother he pressed his small hand to the glass which vanished at his touch. Not just the glass but the house and the fire that sustained him in the cold dark of winter. Harland shuddered as he looked around.

Ho Ho. You should be here little boy. Little Harland with the plant magic am I right? Ho Ho. I'm never wrong with such things lad. Come, let's get you home. You weren't supposed to see my frost fairies. Better watches than elves but that's a secret. One you will probably keep better than your own mother did. Far better than your grandmother too. Ho Ho Ho. Your family is more special than they knew. No lad your mother's family. Their was once magic in their line too. It's why yours is so strong but also flawed. However this Christmas I found a special gift just for you. Ho Ho Ho. Back you go.

A warm gold light envoloped Harland and he found himself back in front of his fireplace which was now burning strongly once again. Assuming it had all been dome strange dream he placed his head back down and slept and slept and slept.

Christmas morning came and Harland had all but forgotten the details of his dream a few nights back but there was a small package under the tree that his mother seemed terribly confused by. Wrapped nicely in silver and gold was a box only big enough to hold something about the size of a ring. A ring was indeed what it contained along with a note in red ink.

Dear young Harland,
I know you work hard to be good every year so this year I found you something extra special to keep you safe and warm. One day you will need this. Keep it safe so it may do so for you in turn. Also dear one, no more wandering about in the cold dark of midwinter eve.
Ho Ho Ho.
Santa

Secret 🎅 Stocking please 😊
toast
Gold Belt

Toast is being self-indulgent || Christmas Event. ||

Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:58 pm

I'm being self-indulgent.

December 15, 2017
  • [11:52pm] Kota: Garrett, can we please talk?

December 16, 2017
  • [2:17am] Kota: You're more than enough
    [7:48am] Me: Stop texting me

December 21, 2017
  • [3:13pm] Kota: Garrett
    [3:13pm] Kota: Can you stop by my office?
    [3:20pm] Me: I'm in class
    [3:21pm] Kota: Later then, I need to talk to you
    [3:26pm] Me: No.
    [3:26pm] Me: ....
    [3:27pm] Me: When?

-----

The door to Dakota's office was closed when Garrett arrived, and if it weren't for the fact that he was summoned there by Dakota himself, he would have thought it was empty. A part of him hoped that it was, that when he opened the door he'd walk into unoccupied stillness. That wasn't the case, and Garrett found Dakota sitting in his desk chair, turned towards the window to look out into nothing but closed blinds. It was suspicious to say the last, but Garrett had learned long ago it was easier not to question the things that Dakota did. He often had his reasons, and Garrett often found that they revealed themselves sooner or later. This time, it was sooner, and Dakota spun around in his chair, a hand wrapped around something small. All Garrett could see was a red bow, and it looked bigger than whatever it was on.

"It's almost Christmas," Dakota stated, holding out a small red and white puppy. Dakota knew a lot of things, and sometimes Garrett was halfway to convinced that he knew everything, but evidently the proper way to hold a dog wasn't on the list of talents he possessed. The puppy looked awkward in his hands, her fore paws sticking upwards and her bottom hanging freely in the air, feet and tail curled up into her stomach. "Please come take her, this is getting tiring." It wasn't the plea from Dakota that got him moving, but rather the soft whine that the pup emitted. He slipped his backpack off his shoulder, letting it drop to the ground by the door, and he cleared the distance in a few quick strides.

"You're holding her wrong." Garrett, for all the emotions that swirled in his head and in his heart, couldn't bring himself to sound angry, his voice coming out as little more than a whisper. A hand slipped under her feet, the fingers of his other hands tracing up her belly and slipping beneath Dakota's. He released her into Garrett's hands, and Garrett back-stepped away with her held close to his chest. "What do you even have her for? He asked, trying adamantly to think of all the possibilities except for the most obvious one, which he almost aggressively hoped he wouldn't hear. He sat down on the ground to brace himself for it anyway, acting as though it were for the sake of the puppy more than anything. He placed her on the floor in front of him, holding his fingers out for her to investigate.

"Am I not allowed to buy gifts for the man I love?" Garrett closed his eyes against the words, turning his face away from Dakota's direction. He bit his bottom lip, rolling it between his teeth. The breath he drew was shaky, his hand slipping around the puppy's belly and lifting her up into his arms again, his face pressing into the soft fur on her side.

"Don't. Please." He begged, pulling comfort from the way the puppy tried to burrow under his neck. He adjusted his grip on her, moving her so her front paws rested on his shoulder and her bottom was supported on a flat palm.

"Well I've no use for her, you have to take her." Dakota rose from his desk chair, moving tentatively towards the couch. He perched on the arm rest, his hands folded together in his lap. "Besides, it doesn't look like you're very willing to give her up." The amusement in his voice caused Garrett to shoot him an almost bitter look, the fingers of his free hand stroking through the fur on the pup's back. She turned into him, trying to nibble at his ear but closing her mouth too early and resorting to just sniffing him.

"Dogs aren't allowed in the house, you know that." Garrett pointed out, his shoulder automatically moving up when the puppy's nose moved to his neck and her breath started to tickle him. He moved his head back, his thumb sliding under her paws and lifting her away from him. He placed her into his lap instead, one arm hovering over her so she had a harder time crawling out and running freely around the room. She didn't make too much of an attempt, discovering his shoelaces and nipping at them instead.

"Then keep her at the apartment." Dakota suggested matter-of-factly, sliding off the arm rest and onto a couch cushion. Garrett ignored the movement, trying to focus more on the dog as she untied his shoelaces and focus less on Dakota's slow and strategic approach. He rested an elbow on the side of his knee, angling his gaze away from Dakota, his fingers supporting his head by resting on his temple and blocking Dakota almost completely from view.

"This feels a lot like bribery." The words were blunted despite Garrett's attempt at sharpening them. He'd never been able to address the man with teeth, even in anger, and he was too deep in confusion to put any real effort into biting comments.

"Maybe it is, a little. I miss you." Garrett sighed against those words, leaning down to the pup and blowing lightly on her ear to catch her attention. She growled in response, a small, squeaky sound that quickly turned into her rolling onto her back to paw at him furiously. Her hind legs jutted out, pushing on the side of his thigh and prompting him to unfurl his leg. She took at chance to hop to her feet, using his leg as a stepping stone to get to him. He lifted her back into his arms, pulling her close to him and rubbing at the top of her nose with a steady finger.

"I'm still angry at you." Garrett stated his cheek resting on top of the puppy's head, his laugh emanating from his throat when she wiggled around the lick at his face. Dakota watched him fondly, something akin to sadness or longing in his eyes. Garrett couldn't return his faze, too focused on the puppy in his hands and too scared of what would happen if he did. Deep down, he knew exactly what he'd do, he'd forgive him. And perhaps that was what prevented him from giving Dakota the eye contact he was vying for.

"That's fine, but can you be angry with me at home?" Dakota's voice was as close to desperate as Garrett had ever heard, and maybe that was what finally caught his full attention. "You don't belong in that frat house, you should be at the apartment with me." Sincerity had always been something that Garrett thought Dakota wore well, but now it felt unfair, tugging at his heart in ways that he hadn't been fully prepared for. Finally, Garret held out his hand, and Dakota slid onto the floor to take it.

"Ok," He began, putting the puppy on the ground and moving to sit beside Dakota, his back resting on the couch. "I'll come home, But no more hiding anything. Please, I can't handle it again." Dakota reached across himself to lace their fingers together, and he pulled Garrett's hand up to his mouth to press a kiss against the back of it. Garrett angled himself inward, resting his head against Dakota's shoulder. "Can you promise me?"

"I promise." Dakota cemented his words with another kiss, this time to Garrett's temple, and he closed his eyes against it. Dakota's arm slipped around Garrett's shoulders, keeping him pressed close as though he'd change his mind and be lost forever. "What are you going to call her?" He asked quickly, moving Garrett's attention to the puppy who had since moved on to investigate the backpack by the door. There wasn't any hesitation when Garrett responded, the answer one he'd been contemplating since he was a child.

"Nana."
[ tokens are fine, this was just something I was going to write regardless so I figured why not for the comp ]
Night Fury
Black Belt

Re: Sagacitas || Valentine's Event! ||

Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:21 pm

• Welcome everyone to the official Sagacitas Valentine's Event! Now, I know that Valentine's Day is just a week and a half away (while I'm writing this that is), but because February is often associated as the month of love, this event will be lasting for the duration of the whole month to give all of you plenty time to finish your entries! This event will be slightly different than the previous ones because you'll be able to pick more than one option and will be able to submit several pieces throughout the month! Please remember that these events are purely for fun. There's no reason to overwhelm yourself if you know that you don't have time to do them! There will always be another event that you'll be able to participate in. c: Here are the choices to choose from for this event!

-- A love story/or oneshot: For this option, you may either do one on your own or with a group of three people. If you do a short story, the minimum for chapters is two chapters, and the maximum is five chapters. To keep things neat on our event page, it may be easier if you or your group post the story outside of it if it's too lengthy. Otherwise you'll have to bunch all your chapters in one post and that would be a fairly long post if you do end up doing five chapters. If you do post outside of our event thread, you will be required to write a paragraph of summary about your story to post on the event thread itself with a link attached to your story so everyone will be able to read it! (Story Challenge: If your stuck on what you want to write for your short story or oneshot, the story challenge for this event is to write about how Hisoka and Skipper met!)

-- Goofy/or Romantic Love Letter: Write a humorous or romantic letter to anyone of your choosing! If you'd rather address it as "To: Anonymous" instead of using a name, that's completely fine!

-- Three Poems: For this option, you can write two poems how you'd like and then the third one must be a haiku!

-- Artwork: One piece of artwork that either involves Valentine's Day, You as a kitsune (can be in human or fox form), or our two mascots, Hisoka and Skipper, together in a scene of your choice. Last event, I allowed pieces of artwork to be posted directly on the event thread itself, but this time around I might ask you to post any artwork in the Sagacitas Art Gallery due to the fact that the event thread itself is in the writing boards. Like the short stories above, you will have to give a brief description of your artwork and a link to it so we all are able to find and see it!

-- Romantic Song: Write any sort of romantic song. (Attaching music along with this song is optional, but you are certainly free to do so! If you'd like to link us to you singing/or playing the melody of it on a instrument, please do. We'd love it!)

-- It's Funny but True: This is a new thing that I'm trying out for holiday and personal house events. With this option, you will be able to tell us a true story about yourself. I thought this would be a fun way to get to know each other better! For this time around, I want you to write out a detailed story about a Valentine's Day of your choosing. It can either be a memorable moment, a funny moment, a sad moment, anything that you want! There's not too many rules for this other that it can be as long as you'd like it to be as long as it's over three hundred words.

Prizes -- 30 Holiday Tokens.

-- Valentine's Surprise: Similarly to the Secret Santa Stocking, I'll roll a dice and you'll win a random prize from my list!

-- Sagacitas Group RP Entry: For this prize, you can enter the genre of your choice into my drawing hat! I'll be collecting these over time to be able to eventually pick one out for our roleplay. This is an exclusive prize (meaning that if you come back to this particular Valentine's event with Holiday Tokens, you won't be able to purchase this.) Only the first three people to submit their work and ask for this prize will get it, but don't be disappointed if you aren't able to! It will show up again in the near future! So don't rush yourself. (Hint: This prize is also available in any "secret dice rolling" prizes such as the Secret Santa and Valentine's Surprise if you'd like to try your luck.)

Submissions must be made by February 28th and will close once it's midnight; EST!
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Some Valentine Wisdom Teeth

Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:42 pm

• All right so back a long long time ago when dinosaurs still roamed the earth.. No not that long ago sorry. Just back when I only had one job and one child so before 2005. I know that's is still a long long time ago to some of you but anyway, when I was younger and wiser I got rather frustrated with my wisdom teeth. Riding up then sinking back down to just partially under the gum line. I'm not kidding when I say it hurt, and I'd been putting up with it for years. Finally one of my four wisdom teeth broke up and had to be removed. Luckily this one could be done at my normal dentist but the ones on the bottom couldn't be and the disintegration of that top one finally got me that necessary referral paper to get the remaining three removed surgically and before the same happened to them.

What?. Oh I know this is supposed to relate to Valentines Day. just wait for it I'm getting there.

So I got my surgical consult and then it came time to choose my surgery date. It was late January at this time so the first date open was, that's right you guessed it, February 14th! This was less than two weeks off and the next open date was in May. What would you have chosen? Obviously we know what I chose.

In my home we don't do much for holidays anyway so it worked very well for me but not so much for my boss who had to find someone to cover my shift that night. I was a back shift manager at a McDonald's at the time. Managers are supposed to book days off a calander month in advance. The February schedule had just been finalized and allot had booked that day off already or tried to. Not to mention they all hated working back shift. Boss might not of been happy but surgery date beats date night so I was cleared for my first, and only, booked off valentines day ever!

My sister in law and her husband escorted me on the 14th. I remember going in and talking to the dental surgeon. I remember waring the anesthesiologist that most topical anesthetics didn't work well and neither did standard freezing. I usually get triple or more just to satisfactorily numb me for a normal procedure. I also remember trying one last time to convince them I could be awake for this but I was voted down. You could argue however that I won out in the end because I woke up before they had fully finished with me. Apparently my warnings had gone unheaded?

I do, to this day, feel rather sorry for the young male intern who was the first to realize I was awake and fully aware of my surroundings again. This realization sent him into a clear but brief panic. With my reassurance and then that of his attending/supervisor he did finish up what he was doing but never recovered his colour during my presence. Poor boy.

Before I left hospital I had to sign legal documents saying that no legal documents would be binding within a twenty four hour period of the surgery and that I was not legally responsible for my actions during that same time period. So I immediately questioned the legality of the document itself. Then contemplated a crime spree but I felt too much like vomiting to make that a reality and decided to curl up in my bed and sleep the rest of the day away in getting home.

Waking up a little after supper and immediately feeling almost wholly myself again I regretted not being able (legally) to go into work that night so being the insane but responsible type I waited until midnight and called to check in with my staff chatting with my maintenance man for about fifteen minutes about who was running my shift and who was there that night beside the two of them and what the plan was etc. Insisted that my replacement be reminded of certain tasks and god knows what else! For some reason he kept laughing. I swear I was calm, happy and lucid to this day but he asked me the next night I was in if I even remembered the conversation and was amazed when I quoted both myself and him. Then followed up on whether the tasks I had mentioned were properly completed.

So apparently even drugged I don't know how to not do for any length of time. I also confirmed on that day I might have a phobia of being unconscious and I take work far too seriously. I'm also probably more stubborn than I give myself credit for.

I swear the first thing I said in recovery was that 'I warned them. '

*edit: I like surprises surprise me please (^‿^✿) ||814||
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:10 pm

I've decided to write three poems instead of any legit stories. Because I'm lazy and have little time and writing a poem without rhyming is still considered legit, so... yeah. Hopefully, all of these will be a fun read for someone (they're going to be based on my current relationship, basically). I'd like a Valentine's Surprise, please!
Hidden text.
Where can I find you?
I walked through darkness and the saddest of days,
I kept on going even when I knew there was no way,
Of getting to where you were on time.

A love like this was what I could only dream of,
Something that angels could experience above.
And I knew that it would be my only crime.

Where can I find you? Why are you hiding now?
You wouldn't even look at me then, anyhow.
For I am a weed and you are a bleeding rose.

I thought about us, living happily and free,
For you are the only one in my dreams I see.
But you hid away where nobody goes.

I keep walking in the rain, hunched over and sad,
I would've never imagined my day would be this bad.
It's a shame that you ran away and left me.

But the rain stops and the sun comes out to play,
I would be a fool to mourn over you another day.
This time next year, I'll be full of innocent glee.
Hidden text.
Found
It was an odd day with a sky full of clouds,
And I thought I was going to be sad again.
But you nudged me out of my comfort zone,
Tugging me along on a weird adventure.

I was scared that this was going to backfire,
But you kept holding on tight for both of us.
And whenever I got angry, sad or awkward,
You only assured me that everything was okay.

I would've never imagined I'd find a love like this,
I only thought they wrote about it for children.
But now I see my own Prince Charming each day,
And God knows I'd kill if someone tried to steal you.

We found each other based on an accident,
But that was the happiest day of my entire life.
And now, while I wait for you to come back to me.
I don't dare to imagine if I had said "no" that day.
Hidden text.
Happy and content,
I bask inside of your love.
I hope it lasts long.
James Moran-Moriarty
Silver Belt

For my RP Hubband:

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:50 pm

My sweet Hubband,

I just checked to be sure, but we first started roleplaying together on December 25th, 2013. That's five whole years, and honestly absolutely mad. I can't believe anyone would ever stick with my inconsistent writing this long, and least of all with me, someone who has about zero actual experience with anything and a bounty of mostly useless information. I'm not much of a writer, not really, but I really do think you are.

One of my favourite things to do, going back and reading through some of our stuff, is to find where you use a word wrong. You're like, James (except my real name), why are you doing that, that's the worst and I concur. I am, in fact, the worst. But it makes me smile to find little mess-ups that I never noticed at the time because I understood entirely implicitly what you meant, even if the wording wasn't perfect. I think that's why we've been... I guess the word would be together, this long.

I've always in some way, understood what was meant by your words, by the intonation, and I can only assume that it works that way for you too. After all, not just anybody can understand my sarcasm from the word go. We've gone through so many stories together, and different versions of the same stories; but they never get old. To be fair, anyone spying on those rps probably thinks they get old, but for me its like a dance. I know what the steps were, I know what they are, but the dance is always a little different, sometimes in the wrong direction and sometimes in the right direction.

So, this is a bit long now, and more emotional than my tendencies would like it to be, but I felt it was important to do this, and do one for you. I know that our daily output is significantly less than it was at the beginning, and I know that we're both semi-detatched weirdos, but I am still so glad that you PMed me so very long ago.

To many years and many years more of strange and wacky plots, hosts of gay characters, and complaining to each other (the Great British past time)!

~JMM

30 tokens pls~
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

Sagacitas || Winter Holiday Event! ||

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:32 pm

• Winter has finally arrived -- in spite of being cold and numbing, it also brings a time of giving and kindness. While not all of us might celebrate the events happening during this time of the year, most of us can agree that nothing can make you warmer than making another person happy or simply remembering those you cherish. While I'm not an overly cheesy or emotional person, a little bird came and whispered to me that focusing on the subject of feelings and gratitude would be something new, unexpected and interesting for everyone.

Now, like most of our events, all of you are free to choose what you'd like to write. Though, during this event, you can decide if you'd like to write one of the offered suggestions as one of your characters or as yourself, a.k.a. you're free to portray your personal feelings towards your fellow members or, instead, use the offered suggestions as a way to enhance your characters and delve deeper into their mindsets and personalities. You're also allowed to submit more than one entry if you have the muse and time for it and they can vary in perspective - however, you can ask for one gift that you'd like to receive for participation as it can easily become overwhelming if many participate! Now, I'd like to present the choices you're free to pick from and begin writing:
      xxx-- Gratitude Letter: is there a special someone in your life that you're grateful for being there? It doesn't have to be a romantic partner - it can be a good friend or someone you can lean on during tough times. Write them a letter; it can consist of anything (e.g. something that happened when you were together, some stories about this person, etc.). Have they made you become better in any way?
      xxx-- The Perfect Gift: everyone wants to get something from Santa or as a gift during the holidays, whichever ones you celebrate. No matter how you look at it, humans are materialistic creatures and we yearn to feel like we matter; getting gifts is the perfect opportunity to feel like that. What's your idea of the perfect gift? Describe it and tell us why you feel it would make your life more interesting and/or better.
      xxx-- Winter Song: music makes the world spin. Feel free to write any kind of a winter song that could possibly convey your feelings towards the season or a part of it. Providing some sort of music to listen to while we read would give you lots of karma-points!
      xxx-- Snow-Art: we have many amazing artists in Sagacitas and if anyone would like to participate in the event with their art, you're more than allowed to do this! Feel free to draw yourself (as either a human or a fox) or our mascots - Hisoka and Skipper - doing something fun in the snow or relaxing inside a cosy cabin. Make it as detailed or as simple as you'd like, but be sure to provide a title so we can feature it!
      xxx-- Holiday Poem: who doesn't like a bit of poetry? This choice comes with a little challenge, however - if you'd like to write a poem, make sure to include the words snow, winter, chill, reindeer, love somewhere in it! We love creativity, but who doesn't like cliches?
    • PRIZES
      xxx-- 30 Holiday Tokens (I'm thinking of remaking the system but I haven't decided of how I want it to be);
      xxx-- Free coding (e.g. character forms, roleplay thread layout, etc., created by yours truly);
      xxx-- Character playlists (compiled of 15-20 songs which are chosen to represent the character and their personality);
      xxx-- Personalised questionnaire (based on a certain theme that the participant will provide (make sure that they adhere to the general rules of AS!) that will consist of 20 questions and is free to use by the requester at their leisure and how they want to use it).

I know the list of prizes could be more intriguing or fun, but, given that this event is going to, initially, stop running during the middle of my exam session, I'd like not to overburden myself with too many things. I hope you can understand this! I do promise to make the offered prizes as best as I can and put my heart and soul into listening to the requests of everyone. And good luck to the participants! :)

Submissions must be uploaded by January 9th and the event will be over once it's midnight [EST]!!