Amaranthine Common Room

Home of the security seekers.

Moderator: Admin Aide

freightcar
Red Belt
House: Amaranthine

Re: Amaranthine Common Room

Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:57 pm

• hey guys!! if anyone is looking for a roleplay to join, a spot has opened up in a group roleplay i am running and i need to fill it asap!! the rp as a whole is very lord of the flies-esque, but if you haven't read it that's totally fine - it's just about a group of boys who survive a plane crash on a remote island and are now struggling to decide what the next step is moving forward to keep themselves alive from the dangers of the island and to even get rescued. if you're interested, please pm me!!!
"ironic. he could save others from death, but not himself."
my wife <3
Cas
Global Moderator
House: Sagacitas

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:12 pm

@KimJong_Jamie: goodluck with Nano! I'll be having a read every so often, I love the future dystopia-ish idea you're going for <3

On the topic of NaNo, is anyone else participating?? What kind of topics are you all choosing? If you can;t do nano but would like to, what would you write??

Also!! Updated the Questionnaire thread, if anyone likes it!!
╔══════════════════════════╗
i'm a nerdy english lit and creative
writing student who is currently
back at uni and studying constantly!

currently: on an essay break! catching up
on reading!
reading: Shakespeare's 'Julius Caesar'
playing: minecraft, animal crossing (nl)

╚══════════════════════════╝
lil || the harvey to my mike || a safe haven || to learn and grow || but the search goes on || among the stars|| talk anytime
as a global mod, i'm here to help! any questions, any time, send them my way, either by pm, or discord: hippxcrates #6675 !
Burning_Roses
Orange Belt

Amaranthine Common Room

Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:37 am

Name/Nickname:Carmen, Rose, or Carmie!

Age/Gender (only if you want to share!): I'm 18 and Nonbinary!

An interesting fact about yourself: I'm a cosplayer and a theater nerd!

A favourite book/film: My favorite books are usually anything to do with horror, crime, and romance! I used to love stuff like divergent, but now find myself more involved in book stylings like Stephen King, and most fantasy stories!
Movie wise once again I love horror but will find myself a sucker for cheesy romances. I also love anime.

One thing that pulled you to Advanced Scribes!: One thing that pulled me into AS was being able to find much more literate and in-depth roleplays as opposed to other sites that I've used in the past

I hope this is the right place to put my introduction?
Cas
Global Moderator

Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:49 pm

Burning_Roses wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:37 am
Name/Nickname:Carmen, Rose, or Carmie!

Age/Gender (only if you want to share!): I'm 18 and Nonbinary!

An interesting fact about yourself: I'm a cosplayer and a theater nerd!

A favourite book/film: My favorite books are usually anything to do with horror, crime, and romance! I used to love stuff like divergent, but now find myself more involved in book stylings like Stephen King, and most fantasy stories!
Movie wise once again I love horror but will find myself a sucker for cheesy romances. I also love anime.

One thing that pulled you to Advanced Scribes!: One thing that pulled me into AS was being able to find much more literate and in-depth roleplays as opposed to other sites that I've used in the past

I hope this is the right place to put my introduction?

Totally the right place! Happy to welcome you to the birb house <3

on reading!

lil || the harvey to my mike || a safe haven || to learn and grow || but the search goes on || among the stars|| talk anytime
as a global mod, i'm here to help! any questions, any time, send them my way, either by pm, or discord: hippxcrates #6675 !
JamieThePotato
Yellow Belt

Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:55 pm

An update: I've completed my NaNoWriMo piece and it's all been uploaded. Looks like we're gonna get the full 450(?) house points - hope it has some impact on our running.
Feel free to have a read and, as always, tell me how bad it is.

Hope everyone is doing well and has been having a good month, feel free to message me about anything whenever. :thumbs_up:

Catch you later :)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Jamie | Writer | Musician | Computer Scientist
x
x

[]Storage []Writing []War of the Stars
xxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
These woods are lovely, dark, and deep
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxbut i have promises to keep...
Cas
Global Moderator

Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:11 pm

Really impressed that you've completed the full 50k - I attempted to do some Nano and have thus far only managed like, 7k words... yup University has eaten all of my spare time in the last month!

Has anyone got any plans for Christmas coming up? I'm so looking forward to my winter break, though i do have 4 essays to do...

on reading!

Burning_Roses
Orange Belt

Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:53 pm

I'm ready for break dear god ;w;
I have two short fims to finish and submit
and then some commission films
I'm excited because I love filming but my comissioners are really rude XD
Christmas wise,
I'm spending it with my girlfriend and her family
AlmightyTallest
Bronze Belt

Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:12 am

Hey guys, has anyone ever read the Scorpio Races? If not, and you're a lover of myths, folklore, and horses, I highly suggest it. I've read it so many times the past few years, and I can't get enough of it. Unfortunately, it's a standalone novel, no sequels, very little fanfiction, and very few fans. Just looking for more people to discuss the beauty of the kelpies!
Hey, follow my tumblr account for book reviews, character analysis, and rants! (also so I don't feel so lonely, lol. ShadowSingingSassenach
Cas
Global Moderator

Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:34 am

@Burning_Roses That sounds super fun! Sucks that the commissioners are so rude though XP

@AlmightyTallest I haven't read it myself, but I'll add it to my list of recommendations. Having seen the mention of Kelpie and looking it up it seems to be like a hippocampus! (or a dog, or two statues... who knows) I love hippocampi though, and plan to get one tatooed on me some day! I haven't had much time to read for pleasure, but this osunds like an interesting book to add to my ever growing list!

And, just to pop it in here: if you guys haven't seen already, there's a discussion going on about how to make AS feel like it has a real sense of community again. I'd really appreciate it if any of you could throw in your opinion, and answer the form linked in the top post if you haven't already! Thanks Birbs <3

on reading!

woodtothewest
White Belt

Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:08 pm

I don't even know what I'd suggest.. one of my 2020 goals is to be more active on here so I don't have much of an opinion yet!

Also I am super sad about taking my tree down this weekend. :(
The stars retreat behind their veil
The clouds are clinging to your sail
  • The storm is coming, can you see?