Amaranthine Common Room

Home of the security seekers.
AlmightyTallest
Black Belt
House: Amaranthine

Re: Amaranthine Common Room

Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:36 am

I'll take it to PM, the spoiler button is too annoying, lol
Hey, follow my tumblr account for book reviews, character analysis, and rants! (also so I don't feel so lonely, lol. ShadowSingingSassenach
lilJoy
Purple Belt

Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:01 am

welp, i'm back from a mini break, aka vacations for visiting family piled on top of each other so i didn't have much free time lately.

any good reads to read??
cerise
Attendant

Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:44 am

• I honestly wish I'd had more time to read this summer, wow. I love books, but I feel like every time I get the plan to read one, it ends up falling apart! Same with when I'm at school; academic reading tends to suck the fun out of reading for pleasure.

The Handmaid's Tale is something I've been meaning to read for a bit...I have the book, and I've seen season one of the show, but I can't find the time to start reading.

I know I can't be the only one with this problem, oof.

Never mind the fact that school starts on the 27th and I have summer reading to do I haven't yet touched...
AlmightyTallest
Black Belt

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:51 pm

Does anyone else have a really hard time looking at the screen with the new colors? I love everything else about this update, but slightly-darker-than-white-gray on the white is screwing with my eyes so bad.
Hey, follow my tumblr account for book reviews, character analysis, and rants! (also so I don't feel so lonely, lol. ShadowSingingSassenach
Meraki
Black Belt
House: Halcyon

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:10 pm

ShadowSinger wrote:
Does anyone else have a really hard time looking at the screen with the new colors? I love everything else about this update, but slightly-darker-than-white-gray on the white is screwing with my eyes so bad.
    • I'm overstepping house lines, forgive me! The colors are in the works as we speak, I promise. We're working on muting the white on this and adding more color themes for personal preference but I've got a few things to do beforehand so bear with me and if the screen is too bright head over to the bug/issues/and changes thread as some wonderful users have posted chrome extensions that help mute it!
lilJoy
Purple Belt

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:20 pm

Meraki wrote:
ShadowSinger wrote:
    • I'm overstepping house lines, forgive me! The colors are in the works as we speak, I promise. We're working on muting the white on this and adding more color themes for personal preference but I've got a few things to do beforehand so bear with me and if the screen is too bright head over to the bug/issues/and changes thread as some wonderful users have posted chrome extensions that help mute it!
since I'm in this house and I have some helpful chrome extensions, I will post my favorite one here since I'm also in this house and I love sharing tech finds that work across /all/ sites c:
lilJoy wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:10 pm
hey guys, the light theme also hurts my eyes if i stare at it for extended periods of time, but i have found this great chrome extension, as in i was looking for a way to dark theme my google drive and i'm lazy and i stumbled upon this great thing:: it's just a lay over for every webpage to make it dark and inverse colors when the webpage is naturally a light color. hopefully this helps some people until a dark theme is rolled out??
i have photo-sensitivity issues and this chrome extension is a life saver....
I'll see if I can find some Firefox add-ons for mobile in the meantime ^^ I have to wait for it to download onto my phone again because I primarily use chrome on EVERYTHING but I use Firefox to play YouTube in the background sometimes because in that respect it's more reliable than chrome.
AlmightyTallest
Black Belt

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:36 pm

Meraki wrote:
ShadowSinger wrote:
I know it's a work in progress, I was just concerned that my normally relatively good eye sight was suddenly not so great and hurting when I looked at the computer :lol: Everything else looks great though!

@lilJoy
You are awesome, I can look at my screen and read it again! :D Thanks!
lilJoy
Purple Belt

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:44 pm

@ShadowSinger:
Saaammmmeeee. I was like, welp, now I can also read Wikipedia and other bright sites now too. It's what I've been doing lmao.

The same extension is available for Firefox on both the desktop and mobile browsers o3o

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/androi ... src=search
♚ Ren
Yellow Belt

Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:44 pm

Hey guys! How's your week going?
I'm about to go across state for a week. And I start a new D&D adventure... so excited. x3
lilJoy
Purple Belt

Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:15 pm

@ayleid: ooo d&d is so much fun. I'm DMing my first campaign right now. It's only a two session campaign but I still got experience!! Do you prefer being a player or DM?