Amaranthine Common Room

Home of the security seekers.
NeverNever
Yellow Belt
House: Amaranthine

Re: Amaranthine Common Room

Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:51 am

Hello Amaranthine!

You have been without a keeper for far too long. You get staff popping in to say hi occasionally but no one ever seems to stick around. However, from today that will change. I’ll be stepping in as keeper, and I hope I do an amazing job for you guys because you deserve the best. I’d love to hear your questions, suggestions, queries, as I understand that this is a change you may have not been expecting. If you feel more comfortable, feel free to message me directly. Even if it’s something negative I’d love to hear it so we can work through it together.

Here’s a little bit about me to get us started – I’m a 24-year-old Brit who works in the scientific industry. I’m an ecology-based scientist and I currently work as technician in a lab so I do chemistry, data work and stats (I look at numbers on a screen and very occasionally get to do something really interesting like press a button). I love the outdoors, I explore it as much as I can. I attempt to take photos of the outdoors and always manage to mess this up! I bring the outdoors inside and have a few spoilt plants that don’t love me as much as I love them. I love to read but am in no way a speed reader – currently a few pages into A Discovery of Witches and enjoying it so far. I love Harry Potter, the fourth is my favourite, and I’m a Ravenclaw ftw.

I’d love to get some activities ready for you guys in the next couple of weeks or so, I am aware other houses chat on discord and that there are prompt threads that you guys have been missing out on. If you guys have any ideas you’d feel comfortable sharing here that would be fantastic. Again, my inbox is open if you feel more comfortable that way.

As for the current poll that’s been up for ages (And I’ve just switched it out)! A prompt thread was created, I’ll get this up and running – are there any prompts you’d like to see? The games thread got a lot of votes too, may I ask what kind of games you guys would like featured on here? Some kind of D&D type thing? Art and positivity also got a vote each, both of which I love the sound of too.

So, with all that said, hello! I really hope we get along!
Nev

Savannah-the-Caracal
Black Belt

Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:33 pm

*casually tackle hugs Never, then proceeds to stand up and brush self off like nothing happened*

It's great to have someone back in as our Keeper, and I'm really looking forwards to getting activity in here back up!

Concerning the game thread, I can't speak for the others of course, but I think it would be cool to do a sort of CYOA style game, like the one that used to be in the Afflatus :D

also Ravenclaws for the win
⧽▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧼
Don't know if I have ever heard you sing, but I hear it
Don't know if I have ever held your hand, but I seek it
Don't know if I have ever loved, but I feel it
Put the puzzle back together, see what I'm dreaming
when I find the pieces

⧽▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧼
NeverNever
Yellow Belt

Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:12 pm

Yassss tackle hugs are the best hugs. I’m so glad you’re happy to have me here!

A choose your own adventure game does sound pretty fun. I think I’ll get the prompt thread up and running and then work on the games - cyoa does sound like a good plan but I will get us a poll up and running if we get a few options.
NeverNever
Yellow Belt

Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Sorry for the double post, we now have a prompt set up on our prompt thread!
One of our newest members has selected this month's prompt, 'Resurrection'! If anyone wants to suggest future prompts feel free to get in touch.
I've given you guys just over two weeks to submit entries, Feb 10th being the closing date.
Other than than, I hope we can welcome our newest members, I hope you enjoy the prompt, and just to let you guys know; I'm working on the game thread and updating our member list.
bugiscool
Yellow Belt

Re: Looking for a 1x1 partner

Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:15 pm

KimJong_Jamie wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:58 am
Had an idea for a 1x1. Wondering if anyone here'd be up for it.

2 extremely shy people (1 male, 1 female) writing diary entries about each other. They are deeply in love - confirmed soul mates. They either work together or they go to the same school.They never see each others diaries.
The only mandatory characteristic for each character is that they'll be too shy to ask the other person out.

Message me if you're interested.

Me. I curious on how it’ll be made into a role play
Savannah-the-Caracal
Black Belt

Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:36 pm

NeverNever wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:44 pm
Sorry for the double post, we now have a prompt set up on our prompt thread!
One of our newest members has selected this month's prompt, 'Resurrection'! If anyone wants to suggest future prompts feel free to get in touch.
I've given you guys just over two weeks to submit entries, Feb 10th being the closing date.
Other than than, I hope we can welcome our newest members, I hope you enjoy the prompt, and just to let you guys know; I'm working on the game thread and updating our member list.
It's way after Feb 10th, so I'm assuming you meant March, but if not let me know and I'll take down the post I just put up on the prompt thread!

I'm going to be using the prompts to develop the god characters I created last summer ^^
⧽▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧼
when I find the pieces

⧽▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧼
NeverNever
Yellow Belt

Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:40 pm

Savannah-the-Caracal wrote:

It's way after Feb 10th, so I'm assuming you meant March, but if not let me know and I'll take down the post I just put up on the prompt thread!

I'm going to be using the prompts to develop the god characters I created last summer ^^

Yes omg, so sorry, long day at work!
I'll fix that asap.
Thank you for pointing it out!
Also wow, I can't wait to read it, I love mythology. i'm a bit of a fan of the Norse gods - I like Neil Gaiman he's a great writer and he rewrote some of the Norse myths in a really engaging way. A very interesting read.
Savannah-the-Caracal
Black Belt

Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:44 pm

NeverNever wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:40 pm
Savannah-the-Caracal wrote:

Yes omg, so sorry, long day at work!
I'll fix that asap.
Thank you for pointing it out!
Also wow, I can't wait to read it, I love mythology. i'm a bit of a fan of the Norse gods - I like Neil Gaiman he's a great writer and he rewrote some of the Norse myths in a really engaging way. A very interesting read.
No problem ^^ Happens to everybody
(I literally completely forgot about a trip that had been planned for like three months when setting up the time for a contest on a different site, and like had to completely rush the ending when my mind caught up)

I like the Norse ones too, I mainly read Riordan, though theres a new book called Stormrunner (or something like that) that I've got on my read list by someone else that looks really interesting.

Also the Pegasus series, but my library never has the first one in DX
⧽▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧼
when I find the pieces

⧽▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧼
NeverNever
Yellow Belt

Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:52 pm

I actually have a couple of Riordan's books, I got into reading him through The Kane Chronicles - Egyptian mythology. I really did enjoy the first two books but I never really read an entire series of his books (which is shocking since there's only three in that series).
I have the Trails of Apollo on my shelf to read right now, I picked that up because I thought it was interesting to think of Apollo walking around, meeting his kids while in a young body and generally learning to cope.
roscoe
White Belt

Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:09 am

i'm about to pop off to bed but before i did i just wanted to hop in here and introduce myself real quick! my username is, as you can see, roscoe but that is the name of this service dog i'm training. my actual name is noah which you're welcome to call me that or lupo or whatever nickname you can come up with. uhm... i'm an 18 year old gay guy. i'm a slytherin through-and-through. (okay maybe not through-and-through since no one really is 100% anything... but yeah. i'm also not like... evil... obviously... just kind of ambitious and shit.)

i live in the southern united states - southern as in nc/sc/ga/tn/fl/etc. uhm... what else... i'm sort of involved at this traditional egalitarian synagogue with hopes of starting an official jewish conversion come summer 2019. like i said in the last paragraph-ish, i am training a service dog. he's a 2 y/o mountain cur mix, pulled from a local shelter, and he's going to be a light mobility/psychiatric dog. i'm actually planning to train psychiatric service dogs for citizens (especially ptsd service dogs) as a living but we'll see how that pans out.

but yeah!! i'm noah and i'm gonna head to bed. (also sorry if that was a lot of information or not enough.)