Amaranthine Common Room

Home of the security seekers.

Moderator: Admin Aide

What Would You Like To See in Amaranthine?

Revamped Prompt Thread
No votes
Questionnaire
No votes
In House mini-games
50%
Character Building Interviews
50%
World Building games
No votes
Other suggestions (message hallows eve with ideas)
No votes

Total votes: 2
nmrn
White Belt
House: Amaranthine

Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:29 am

Also popping down a brief introduction now that I can but mostly to keep track of the common room. I'm Beetle, but call me whatever you'd wish; I have a great penchant for history and horsemanship; I'm not so talkative as I perhaps should be, though not unsociable, but I struggle to find consistent muse; and I draw occasionally. It's nice to meet the House. ✌
NeverNever
Yellow Belt

Re: Amaranthine Common Room

Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Welcome to our two new fantastic members Noah and Beetle - here's hoping that you enjoy it here!

I'm glad we've got a Slytherin on board this means we can plan evil plans against the other houses (I jest please don't hurt them they can't handle us). And I love that we have a new artist in the group (I think I'll add a poll and see if there's interest for an art thread if people are up for that?)

Also I've been cutting the member list down to a shorter more active one and I'm so glad most of you have the comment 'more active now' and that so far no one hates me <3 everyone I've spoken to has been genuinely lovely thank you for being so kind :3

Anyway, right now - underdog stories are the best so I'm casually flooding the Afflatus with submissions to try and get the points up for Amaranthine. Does anyone want to help! XD (Submitting a prompt, a compliment or a question to Dear Stag earns 5 points and takes less than a minute. If anyone feels like sending some things in that would be awesome. )
nmrn
White Belt

Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:53 pm

You seem a very likeable person tbh I would be stunned if anyone thus far didn't like you. Really excited for future interactions.

On topic, I know I've possibly overlooked it completely and am just in fact stupid, but wanted to ask about if we're allowed to dedicate our own personal threads to answering character questions/prompts rather than the Afflatus thread? I presume it's only valid when submitted to the Afflatus but just wanted to make sure.
NeverNever
Yellow Belt

Re:

Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:03 pm

nmrn wrote:
You seem a very likeable person tbh I would be stunned if anyone thus far didn't like you. Really excited for future interactions.

On topic, I know I've possibly overlooked it completely and am just in fact stupid, but wanted to ask about if we're allowed to dedicate our own personal threads to answering character questions/prompts rather than the Afflatus thread? I presume it's only valid when submitted to the Afflatus but just wanted to make sure.
I blush! Thank you :3

Hush no you're not being stupid. It's a great question! It is only valid when submitted to the Afflatus, however there's nothing stopping you from posting twice in the Afflatus and on your personal thread if you want to create yourself a directory of your responses. In fact you're very welcome to do so - I think the personal storage board might fit what you're looking for.
nmrn
White Belt

Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:17 pm

NeverNever wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:03 pm
nmrn wrote:

I blush! Thank you :3

Hush no you're not being stupid. It's a great question! It is only valid when submitted to the Afflatus, however there's nothing stopping you from posting twice in the Afflatus and on your personal thread if you want to create yourself a directory of your responses. In fact you're very welcome to do so - I think the personal storage board might fit what you're looking for.
Yeah I was pondering on it, was actually going to make a thread in the Share Your Writing forum for Afflatus responses but I may not for the sake of ease if it's invalid. Will have to try and brave posting for the next Afflatus instead.
freightcar
Red Belt

rises from the grave to post after 3408 years

Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:41 pm

• hey guys it's been a hot minute lmao - if anyone even remembers i was sandpiper (i kinda disappeared randomly)

i don't know if any of you guys are interested in apocalypse roleplays anymore or if they've been beaten to death by now, but i'm looking for more members to join if you guys are interested.

here's the link, if you want to join just shoot me a pm c:
alidrappa
para [xx] algo [x] mila [-]
NeverNever
Yellow Belt

Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:51 am

@Beetle You can do it, be brave <3

@Everyone, there's a new poll up on the prompt thread! Link- if you want to contribute prompts for next time feel free to pm me some or post them here. Our current prompt is 'Resurrection' & was chosen by one of our newest members, so let me say a quick thank you to them. I'll try and ensure the prompt thread is kept active so you guys have always got an activity to do.

Edit: We have a game thread now too here. Sorry about the multiple polls, but what would you like to see on it? I'll try and get it functional by the end of next week.
Savannah-the-Caracal
Black Belt

Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:12 pm

Hi new Amaranthians!!!!
It’s awesome to meet you guys and it’s also great to see some more activity in here. Seriously I think this is the most active this house has been all year!

@merridew - ooo I’ll have to look into that, I like apocalypse but not certain kinds so I might join but if there’s zombies then no because they freak me the heck out
⧽▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧼
Don't know if I have ever heard you sing, but I hear it
Don't know if I have ever held your hand, but I seek it
Don't know if I have ever loved, but I feel it
Put the puzzle back together, see what I'm dreaming
when I find the pieces

⧽▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧼
freightcar
Red Belt

Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:12 pm

@sav

oh yeah, heh there's a lot of zombies
alidrappa
para [xx] algo [x] mila [-]
thorne
Blue Belt

Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:38 pm

• it's been a while, but i just wanted to drop in now that it looks like the house is kicking to welcome all the new members! it's nice to see everyone and it's nice to see everything up and running again.