Amaranthine Common Room

Home of the security seekers.

Moderator: Admin Aide

What Would You Like To See in Amaranthine?

Revamped Prompt Thread
11%
Questionnaire
17%
In House mini-games
17%
Character Building Interviews
33%
World Building games
22%
Other suggestions (message hallows eve with ideas)
No votes

Total votes: 18
NeverNever
Yellow Belt
House: Amaranthine

Re: Amaranthine Common Room

Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:14 pm

I'm excited for poetry too I love writing it, and you've reminded me to go read up on what the event actually entails! XD

But, sneaky hint here ;)
We get 5 points for every prompt submitted to the afflatus, so feel free to submit a ton of prompts and we'll get a bunch of points? The social media event is going to start up tomorrow as well and now offers points so that might be something that people may be interested in submitting to - I've had a sneaky look at this month's challenge and it's pretty cool!
NeverNever
Yellow Belt

Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:13 pm

Hey guys! Just letting you know that the in-house poetry event begins today! :O
From the 5th to the 15th you may submit up to three poetic pieces of your own writing to your house forum. There is no specific theme so you can let your imagination run wild. Any style of poetry is accepted and each piece may count as an entry. The reward? Instead of your house in your profile field, you will be given the title of Head House Member and your piece displayed along with the other winners in the AS Afflatus! You will retain your Head title until the next in-house competition!
More details can be found here - viewtopic.php?f=93&t=38322&p=1386909&hi ... y#p1386909

Is anyone thinking of entering / has tips for people who may enter?
Savannah-the-Caracal
Black Belt

Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:56 pm

Hows everyone doing? :D
⧽▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧼
Don't know if I have ever heard you sing, but I hear it
Don't know if I have ever held your hand, but I seek it
Don't know if I have ever loved, but I feel it
Put the puzzle back together, see what I'm dreaming
when I find the pieces

⧽▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧼
AlmightyTallest
Bronze Belt

Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:18 pm

Dying for a new RP on a topic no one else appears to have interest in
Longing to watch the new season of Game of Thrones, but unwilling to pay just to watch 2 episodes when if I wait 2 weeks, I can watch them at home on my mom's account
Itching to watch the 2 last episodes of Outlander season 4, but also unwilling to fight the system to get it to work in Germany

But, I finished 2 presentations and an exam today, and have a 4 day weekend to goof off, so I guess pretty well
Hey, follow my tumblr account for book reviews, character analysis, and rants! (also so I don't feel so lonely, lol. ShadowSingingSassenach
NeverNever
Yellow Belt

Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:15 pm

@Tallest
I am loving the four day weekend too. It's beautiful. So warmmmmmmm.
I haven't exactly done much with the weekend, other than lie around and eat chocolate, sort out some things for work and nap... I should probably go for a walk or something and properly enjoy the weather.
esme
Black Belt

Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:30 pm

i'm just working too...and then trying to not be behind on homework but i keep doing nothing but eat and nap when i get home bc customer service sucks and my brain seems to be unable to do things until a day before the deadline at best lmAo
  • ━━━━━━━━━━━━━Image
    ┏━━━━ tell me, ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
    luna esme ramsey / jas | 19 | they/them | bi | psychology major, fine arts minor
    luv xmen but my time is absorbed by work and my bf so i only have 1 rp about it

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ what good would that do? ━━━━┛
    Image ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
NeverNever
Yellow Belt

Thu May 02, 2019 10:34 pm

Hey guys, you may or may not have had chance to read the latest announcement - in summary I will be leaving staff. I've had a lot of comments directed at me and the overseer role in general and some crossed a couple of lines. I felt I needed to leave the staff position behind and therefore will have to leave my position as Amaranthine Keeper.
I'm sorry that you guys just got a keeper and are now loosing that again, it feels horribly unfair on you guys. I will be staying on as a regular member of Amaranthine however and won't be returning to Sagacitas so if any of you wish to talk I'll still be around.
Thanks for your patience,
Nev
Savannah-the-Caracal
Black Belt

Fri May 03, 2019 2:44 pm

@Nev - So sorry to see you go, you did an amazing job while you were our keeper, and I hope that you will enjoy the rest of your time here with us :D Rather depressing to say, but, we are sort of used to this sort of situation by now xP So don't feel like you're letting us down. Life happens, these things happen. It's not your fault that people decided to be jerks to you. Just enjoy being able to take a step back, put on your favorite funny film, whatever it may be, and enjoy some peace :D

Goodness knows you've earned it.
⧽▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧼
Don't know if I have ever heard you sing, but I hear it
Don't know if I have ever held your hand, but I seek it
Don't know if I have ever loved, but I feel it
Put the puzzle back together, see what I'm dreaming
when I find the pieces

⧽▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧼
NeverNever
Yellow Belt

Sat May 04, 2019 2:42 pm

@Savannah
Thank you so much for the kind words, I really do appreciate them. Don't worry about the keeper situation I'm sure a solution will be found, until then I'll lightly pester Helianthus since she's my gf if we desperately need keeping.
I've just landed in the states for a short holiday so I'm hopefully going to get some relaxation in soon!
demonthief.
Yellow Belt

Sat May 04, 2019 11:17 pm

• @NeverNever: so sorry to hear that you had all the unpleasantness directed to you! That's awful! But I hope you enjoy your holiday!