Amaranthine Prompt Thread

Home of the security seekers.

Prompts for next time! (Two votes per user)

The True Queen
8%
The Lanterns
25%
The Darkness in the Light
17%
The Last Time you Called
25%
"You're stronger than you think."
8%
The Bridge
8%
"I miss your smile."
8%

Total votes: 12
Meraki
Black Belt
House: Halcyon

Amaranthine Prompt Thread

Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:34 pm

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
x
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
the security seekers

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
x
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
x
This is the Amaranthine prompt thread! As of now this
will be updated with new prompts every 3 weeks. Two
of those will be allotted for writing purposes and the
other is strictly for voting on the next prompt. This is
supposed to be a very lax and fun activity so do not
feel the need to stress! If you've got suggestions for
prompts or ways to improve, go to the house thread
and post them there to be discussed/noted. Enjoy!!

Current Prompt:
'Resurrection'
End Date: March 10th 2019 12:00 EST
x
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Meraki
Black Belt
House: Halcyon

Re: Amaranthine Prompt Thread

Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:34 pm

Res for past prompts
Savannah-the-Caracal
Black Belt
House: Amaranthine

Prompt: Resurrection [782 words]

Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:35 pm

( aki ) ( cain ) ( wys ) ( nani ) ( maru ) ( viper ) ( sol ) ( pix ) ( kit ) ( kat )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬✫▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The gods were not in their first bodies. Their first bodies had been pure light, glowing golden forms of pure power. Sadly, they'd been unable to walk among the humans in these forms. That was why they'd trust themselves to Nani's power. The goddess of death had worked her magic, and for thousands of years they'd floated in the void, letting the humans do as they would.

That was probably why humanity had forgotten them, why they were so wicked now. Nani's realm hadn't been so full since the first days.

Aki had been the first to reawaken. Her new form seemed to be that of a young woman. She had a sleek black cat's tail, and raven black cat ears atop her head. Her resurrected form was weak, they all were, but in time they would grow stronger. Brushing her long black hair out of her face, Aki studied the still sleeping forms. Lingering on the eldest gods, who seemed to have gotten the youngest forms, Aki wondered how long it would take Kit and Kat to reawaken.

The second to wake was Cain. The god of Family had shaggy white hair leading to white ears and a fluffy white dog tail poking out from the black pants he was wearing. The god shook his head, making his pointed ears wag like a young pup, and he looked up at Aki with confused gold eyes. "Did it work?" he asked "I mean, you don't look like you used to..."

Aki rolled her eyes, twitching her tail in annoyance "It did. I woke up a while ago, who knows how long it'll take the others. So while we wait, want to see what the humans have gotten up to?"

Cain smiled "Why not, it'd be nice to see the families of today." Aki purred, and then frowned "Wait, we're still in Nani's realm. That means we need Sol to wake up." She frowned at the blue-skinned god of travel, who showed no signs of waking. A small smirk played across her face, and Cain scowled at her "No." Aki huffed and crossed her arms "You don't even know what I was thinking." she grumbled. Cain frowned "I don't need to. It wasn't good."

"Whasss no' good?" slurred the voice of Viper, the god of Marriage Bonds, who was now covered in black scales. "Me cursing Sol's sleep until he wakes up so we can get out of Nani's realm." Viper frowned at her and grumbled "Why not just wake up Nani?" Aki shrugged "I can't really curse her, believe me I've tried. They either turn out way to weak, or backfire, and I just woke up from a who-knows-how-long sleep, I do not need a nightmare curse right now."

"We've slept for twelve thousand years." Wys's voice was soft as the now four-legged goddess rose to her hooves. She appeared to be half deer, and her face was decorated with makeup that Aki recognized from Ancient Egypt. As the Goddess of Memory, Wys would be the one to know how long they'd waited to be reborn in more mortal bodies. That was the downside of what they'd done. Instead of being pure power, they now were part mortal. It would take a lot to kill them, and they still had all their powers, but they could die. That was essentially what they'd done, died and been reborn into new bodies.

Flexing her clawed fingers, Aki frowned at Wys "Was it really that long?" Wys nodded sadly. "Yes, though...I believe should it happen again, dying I mean, it will only take a few hours for Nani to locate our soul and revive us. That's why it took so long," she added at Viper's confused look "Nani was not awake to revive us early. We had to go through the normal resurrection time."

"It normally takes twelve thousand years to resurrect?" Aki asked, a frown playing at her lips. Wys nodded "So that no trace of their old memory remains.As gods we are able to keep our memories, but mortals take a long time to forget." Aki huffed, blowing her bangs out of her face again. "How long until the others wake up?" Wys shrugged "It could be a few moments, to a few more hours."

It didn't take hours, thankfully. Maru woke up a few minutes later, followed by Pix, Kit, then Kat right after. A while later Sol woke, and a few minutes after him the Goddess of Death herself, Nani, finally woke up.

The ten gods were finally all reborn into new bodies. Now it was time to go throughout their realms and find out what had changed in their absence.

( neither the images nor the font are mine )