Vipera Common Room

Home of the sensation seekers.
angelofwarfare
Purple Belt
House: Vipera

Re: Vipera Common Room

Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:54 am

Oh. See? I thought I was going cuckoo. There's the schedule. ty. x3

And I'll try to have a questionaire up sometime during the week. I know that a lot of members are occupied currently because most have recently dived into their semester at college/uni or are occupied with their job(s). I figured a questionnaire would be nice since it is short, simple, boosts a little of activity, and everyone gets to learn neat facts about each other.

For the mean time, is anybody planning on participating on Nanowrimo this year (2 months away)? Has anybody planned any special holiday vacays?

And welcome Goldie! I see someone is a Harry Potter fan. ^•^
daz
Green Belt

Vipera Common Room

Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:05 am

• i am hoping to participate in nano as long as i can get myself a new laptop in time to work on it with :^) it really helped doing it last year, and actually succeeding in it felt spectacular as hell. fingers crossed, really, but i feel motivated and capable with an all new story.
Image ..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
. search X storage X charries X roleplays X pinterest X my girlfriend .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
vipera ;; slytherin ;; infp ;; he/him ;; libra//september 30th ;; 4/23/18
my name's lillian, but you're welcome to call me daz or lil.
i'm your friendly neighborhood writer and roleplayer.
my pm box is always open for a chat c:

colored hair enthusiast, cat lover, professional lefty, genderfluid
insurmountably busy with work at the moment! but i'll be back asap.
Golden Snitch
White Belt

Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:14 pm

~SongOfFlames~ thank you.^^ I'm definitely a Harry Potter fan

Are we no longer doing the prompt thread?
angelofwarfare
Purple Belt

Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:54 am

I went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal. I've only watched a few of the movies, but oh my god, it really does feel like I'm in the actual setting of Harry Potter. They even got the train that moves from one section to the other (that is located in a different park). It was sooooooo cool!:o

And which prompt theead are you referring to? If you are speaking about the 100 days of Summer prompts, the event is over with the Nanowrimo event (November; write a 50k story in one month) being the next one. If you are speaking about the Vipera prompt thread, I believe we took a pause from that due to being swamped with house events and RL stuff such as exams.

And I hear ya on that daz. My laptop is hanging on for dear life. My brother was able to fix it when it crapped out, but I know I'm due for a newer laptop soon. It's ooooollld. Still uses the Windows 7 operating system. haha. But I'm thinking of maybe participating? I think it will be impossible for me to reach 50k, but I should at least attempt to do so. Plus, it gives me opportunity to put more depth into my character(s).

blue
Roleplay Moderator
House: Vipera Keeper

Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:54 am

Golden Snitch wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:35 am
-pokes head in- hi
hello there!
guys, i really want to apologize for my absence and the inactivity in here. i'm currently dealing with a great amount of personal issues that take away from my time to be on here with all of you. i'm really hoping the situation is resolved soon but i have to divide my time between that and schoolwork daily and it's left me with barely any time to come visit you.
i am hoping i can get some things cleared out of the way soon so i can have some spare time to spend on here getting all the things i need to get done completed!
i miss you all and really want to get some more activity in here, especially on my part. <3
i'm color coding my moods
────────────────────
time: 9/10 xx muse: 5/10
search: TBA
finished my semester.
will be looking to add/continue rps

follow my AS twitter for any updates!

────────────────────
you're yellow, i'm natural blue
blue
Roleplay Moderator
House: Vipera Keeper

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:30 pm

long time, no see my snake babies! i’m sorry about being MIA but i just thought i’d jump in here quickly to link you guys to a survey! please take the time to take the survey so our archivist can better understand what you’d like to see for our site’s afflatus!
ichor. wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:55 pm

The month is nearly halfway over, so don't forget about doing your Afflatus submissions - form or posted on the thread! Additionally, please, please, please fill this survey out so that I can get a good representation of what you guys want in the Afflatus or see if you guys have any ideas that are surely way better than mine! Even if you don't participate in the Afflatus that much or actively, take the survey! Is there something you want to see that would get you to partake in that? Whatever it may be, let me know! It's completely anonymous, but remember to be respectful :) It's completely up to you if you wanna sign your user xD
how is everything going with everyone? any new and exciting news to share?

i miss you all dearly and hope to hear from you soon!
i'm color coding my moods
────────────────────
time: 9/10 xx muse: 5/10
search: TBA
finished my semester.
will be looking to add/continue rps

follow my AS twitter for any updates!

────────────────────
you're yellow, i'm natural blue
angelofwarfare
Purple Belt

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:25 pm

^already took the survey. I really like the suggestions such as featured photography and member questionnaires (similarly to the character interviews). I always love reading through the Afflatus, and when I have enough time, to partipate in the character interviews and the prompt.

I think everyone is on the same boat. I got pretty busy with rl stuff slamming me. I wasn't able to make a questionnaire for you guys to take. sorry about that. tho I think that once the semester is over and/or when people are on their holiday breaks is when we will see more activity. cx
steak
Yellow Belt

Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:42 am

• hey guys!!! i'm terribly sorry for my absence omg i've been sooooooo busy with school, recovery and moving around! i hope everyone is doing well and that life is treating you guys good <3

i read the afflatus, not as much as i would like but often! i think that its alright how it is now tbh
      the survey is definitely a good idea for feedback about it
dddddddddddddddddddd
dd
dbless my soul,
ddddi'm feeling so uneasy, so unholy
dd
dd
x
x
x

marley + canadian
im tired all the time
muse • • • • • • • •
20 + male + enfp

thunderofthebun
Administrator
House: Halcyon

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:57 pm

I know many of you may feel you won't have the time to reach 50,000 words in Nano this year, but I want to encourage you guys to check it out if you haven't already, and to keep in mind that we are upping the points you can earn! We give out points both per each thousand words you write, as well as bonuses for every 10k milestone you hit! There are only 3 Vipera members participating thus far so even if you get to 10k over the course of November, that would absolutely still earn points!
ATTENTION:

Please go take the survey about the Afflatus so that we can better design it for 2019 - even if you don't typically read it! Tell us what would get you to start.

Also make sure you are ALWAYS up to date on announcements!

We also have STAFF OPENINGS!
Fae
Blue Belt

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:23 pm

Gah there’s no way I can do nano unfortunately so many uni deadlines T__T