Vipera Common Room

Home of the sensation seekers.
evergreen
Yellow Belt
House: Vipera

Re: Vipera Common Room

Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:37 am

• hey guys, do you guys have any tips for a writing block that has literally lasted like 4 months
      I feel so terrible; I wanna get back into the AS community and write like a used to but lately
      everything's been word vomit.
angelofwarfare
Purple Belt

re:

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:36 am

hey evergreen!c:

I believe that we all have been there before. I can defo relate. I also can develop a 'writing block' for varying reasons whether an rpg has stayed stagnant for a prolonged amount of time and traction is lost or being on a short-term hiatus due to schooling. some things that I found to be useful to 'cure' the road block are:

-reading. seriously. snatch up a book and read! it gets the creativity flowing. it does not have to be a book. it can be written pieces found online as well, or even here on AS.
-music. create a playlist for your character(s) and/or rpg! try to write with the music designated for them. writing for a badass character? create a playlist that makes you feel like you are jumping into an action sequence or being introduced to a villain of a movie.
-muse boards! I have made a few muse boards on tumblr specifically for a few of my characters! anything that reminds me of them or provides inspiration to them, I reblog on their personal blog designated for the character.
-patience! don't force yourself to write. one step at a time. be a little realistic with yourself. if I came off of a short-term hiatus, I am not gonna give myself the expectation of pumping out a 3k+ reply for an rpg. do what you are comfortable with. baby steps.
-plotting! I feel as if plotting with a partner helps soooo much with my muse! if we aren't talking at all when it comes to the rp, you can bet my ass that I ain't gonna put much of an effort in my posts.maybe it is just me, but giving your rpg and character(s) some luvin with some drama+twists to implement in the future helps sooo much! like, it gives me something small to look forward to! like yes, I cannot wait to see this person's face when they find out the person giving information to the enemy was their ally all this time!

hope this helps!!!
important
Global Moderator
House: Halcyon

Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:34 am

• hey guys, just gonna pop in for a quick second to let you all know that the december event is here! we haven't had anyone from vipera join yet, and it's a nice, quick easy way to earn points after the strenuous nano event! hope to see you guys join up to help ease us into the new year!
𝘾𝙐𝙏i 𝘼𝙒𝘼𝙔i 𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍𝙔𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙂 !!
𝙏𝙀𝘼𝙍 𝘼𝙒𝘼𝙔 𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍𝙔𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙂 !!
blue
Roleplay Moderator
House: Vipera Keeper

Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:17 am

hi friends.
i would really like to apologize for my lengthy absence without warning.
i had a lot of really serious family issues pop up in the beginning of september and i wasn't free of them until the beginning of november. i never really had the opportunity to pop on here and explain everything and for that i'm extremely sorry. i know things on AS have been pretty slow overall because everyone is busy with school but i really wanted to be able to maintain a running conversation on here and i wasn't able to.
i'm just now getting through the busiest part of my semester and i'll be done by the 15th of december and be around here a lot more frequently. i have more private time now that my personal issues have been (mostly) cleared up so i will be able to check in on here a lot more.
i hope everyone has been doing well and i'll be willing to answer any questions anyone has! <3
love u all
i'm color coding my moods
────────────────────
time: 5/10 xx muse: 7/10
search: CLOSED
school has started.
busy mon-thurs 2pm-5pm PST

follow my AS twitter for any updates!

────────────────────
you're yellow, i'm natural blue
draco
Yellow Belt

Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:18 am

i really wanna do a harry potter themed role-play right abt now.
Meraki
Overseer

Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:43 pm

• Hey hey. Just wanted to pop in and let you guys know that while Nano is nearly over, the last few days still count a bunch! I am so proud of everyone who has participated and hope to see a few more submissions pop up before the deadline.
COME TAKE MY HEART OF GLASS
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
[My fiance]xx[Dragon]xx[Duckling]xx[CC]
───────────────────────
AND GIVE ME YOUR LOVE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Heyyo, I'm Connor one of the site overseers
here on AS. If you experience any bugs, I'm
your guy to go to. I'm currently a witchling
trying to impress my fiance, I have a really
huge obsession with foxes, and I love me a
good bit of horror. My inbox is always open

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
important
Global Moderator

Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:40 pm

• hey guys! just wanted to pop in real quick to remind everyone who joined the december event to check and see who their partners are, if you haven't already. best of luck to everyone who's participating in the trades this year!
𝘾𝙐𝙏i 𝘼𝙒𝘼𝙔i 𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍𝙔𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙂 !!
𝙏𝙀𝘼𝙍 𝘼𝙒𝘼𝙔 𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍𝙔𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙂 !!
R A I N
Yellow Belt
Location: Through the trees, in an evergreen meadow, surrounded by fireflies.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:52 pm

Hello Everyone. I just found out i'm A Vipera. WHoop WHoop
blue
Roleplay Moderator
House: Vipera Keeper

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:02 pm

R A I N wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:52 pm
Hello Everyone. I just found out i'm A Vipera. WHoop WHoop
yay! welcome to the snake club!
we're glad to have you. things will likely start to pick up in a week or so, a lot of our buddies (including me) are college students.
i'm color coding my moods
────────────────────
time: 5/10 xx muse: 7/10
search: CLOSED
school has started.
busy mon-thurs 2pm-5pm PST

follow my AS twitter for any updates!

────────────────────
you're yellow, i'm natural blue
Fae
Blue Belt