blue
Roleplay Moderator
House: Vipera Keeper

Re: re:

Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:43 am

angelofwarfare wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:53 am

what kind of genres do you like?

rn i'm really feeling some higher fantasy stuff. or like medieval with some political intrigue.
if anyone's watched the tv 'reign', i want something in that vein.
i have a book called grave mercy i might read.
rp moderator | salt sister | vipera keeper | vipera prompt thread | search: closed
i'm available via PM and on discord blue#9135
parlayx
Orange Belt
House: Vipera

Re: Vipera Common Room

Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 am

if you're feeling high fantasy right now, might i suggest the dark tower series by stephen king? it's not horror, i promise! everyone calls it his western-esque epic, but it feels more fantasy to me at times (answer my riddles three, warlocks, sorcerers, magic, dimension-hopping; all that awesome stuff) . great pacing, great plot; great characters. 12/10 would recommend ^^

some of my other favorite books/series are:
the outlander series by diana gabaldon (historical fiction)
the host by stephanie meyer (okay... i know.... i know... but it's still great sci-fi okay?)
a song of ice and fire (game of thrones series) medieval with political intrigue, you said?? this is that on steroids. read it if you haven't already, the books are excellent.
blue
Roleplay Moderator

Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:15 am

qunari. wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 am
if you're feeling high fantasy right now, might i suggest the dark tower series by stephen king? it's not horror, i promise! everyone calls it his western-esque epic, but it feels more fantasy to me at times (answer my riddles three, warlocks, sorcerers, magic, dimension-hopping; all that awesome stuff) . great pacing, great plot; great characters. 12/10 would recommend ^^

some of my other favorite books/series are:
the outlander series by diana gabaldon (historical fiction)
the host by stephanie meyer (okay... i know.... i know... but it's still great sci-fi okay?)
a song of ice and fire (game of thrones series) medieval with political intrigue, you said?? this is that on steroids. read it if you haven't already, the books are excellent.
thank you for the recs!
i have outlander i just haven't read it yet. historical fiction is my one true love.
i'd love to read the GoT series too.
i'm definitely gonna look into all that you've mentioned. i thought i had a copy of the host but i can't be sure

btw i don't judge stephanie meyer. my ass still frequently reads and watches twilight lmao. i can't help it, nostalgia.
rp moderator | salt sister | vipera keeper | vipera prompt thread | search: closed
morningstar
Archivist

Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:52 pm

I really love sci-fi and fantasy books tbh... My favourite book series of all time is the Eragon books. If it has dragons, I probably like it.

The Wheel of Time is good for sci fi, tho my personal favourite sci-fi is Phillip K. Dick/Douglas Adams - the more 'traditional' stuff, I suppose!
Image + havvey + gryffindor + ao3 + character thread + expanding universes +
+ NaNoWriMo + my baby +

merrily, merrily shall i live now

i'm always down to talk so message me by PM or let me know if you want my discord :)
blue
Roleplay Moderator

Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:15 am

morningstar wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:52 pm
I really love sci-fi and fantasy books tbh... My favourite book series of all time is the Eragon books. If it has dragons, I probably like it.

The Wheel of Time is good for sci fi, tho my personal favourite sci-fi is Phillip K. Dick/Douglas Adams - the more 'traditional' stuff, I suppose!
i haven't read a ton of scifi just bc i don't know what's good and what isn't. i've read the first two books in the illuminae files series (if anyone has heard of those).

also: opened up my rp search for the first time in forever. god, i haven't coded a form in such a long time. i got so frustrated lol
parlayx
Orange Belt

Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:34 pm

• speaking of rp searches 👀👀
      i joined a great group rp that's had some trouble finding members for the last 3 slots so i'm here to see if any of you
      are interested ^^ it's pretty much lord of the flies meets castaway. here is the link if that strikes anyone's fancy c:
daz
Green Belt

Vipera Common Room

Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:01 pm

qunari. wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:34 pm
    • speaking of rp searches 👀👀
      i joined a great group rp that's had some trouble finding members for the last 3 slots so i'm here to see if any of you
      are interested ^^ it's pretty much lord of the flies meets castaway. here is the link if that strikes anyone's fancy c:
  • this is tempting... so... mayhaps... if i have the motivation available, haha.
-----------------------------------------------
HELLO
GOODBYE !!

support queer & trans ppl
search // storage // writing // roleplays
pinterest // sick tunes
mom // my girl
nano project // blood candles

colored hair enthusiast. cat lover.
professional lefty. tua. author.
english major. fashion king.

male. infj. vipera. slytherin.
-----------------------------------------------
angelofwarfare
Red Belt

re:

Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:27 am

@blue:

a song of ice and fire book series by george r.r. martin has already been recommended. while I have not read them just yet, the show was pretty damned good. I was planning on reading the books, once I have tackled my current work in progress. a few other books that have a high rating and fall into the political fantasy genre are the goblin emperor by katherine addison, and the traitor baru cormorant by seth dickison.

I can relate to the coding though. I never was fantastic at it. >.<
steak
Yellow Belt

Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:02 am

• -rolls back in after MONTHS of inactivity-
      wazzuupp

@blue try reading the wolf by leo carew! it's the high fantasy with pretty amazing characters :_) thats the only rec i got so far bc i unlearned how to read since school ended

i really admire & envy the people that do those fancy forms? like, that takes some damn dedication
dddddddddddddddddddd
dd
dd
dd
x
x
x
x

marley + canadian
muse • • • • • • • •
21 + male

evergreen
Yellow Belt

Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:51 am

hey! since I've had pretty low muse for actual rps lately, I've been writing on my own outside of this site to get out of my funk. I think I am slowly getting out of it, but was wondering if any of you guys could critique what I have written so far? please let me know what you think of my personal story glory and gore so far!