[✔] for the first time

All 1x1 roleplays go here.

Moderator: Roleplay Moderators

lioness
Sagacitas

Post by lioness » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:28 am

• james lucas--

James made quick work of his sushi, ignored the unhidden glares that came in his direction from the girl. As he finished the small roll, he leaned back in his chair, closing his eyes slightly as though he was completely relaxed. He simply ignored her initial comment, know that there was no need to respond- it would get him nowhere, and just be a waste of energy. Instead he simply listened to the sounds of the mall around them while he waited for her to finish. Honestly, he was surprised she wasn’t trying harder to get rid of him. ”That’s good to hear. I’ll have to try it sometime.” he replied to her comment about the food. When she began something of a tired against him and everything he stood for, he opened his eyes, but his blue eyes showed no signs of being offended by her barbed words.

”Who cares what Amy thinks? There’s nothing serious between us, and I don’t have high hopes that there’ll ever be.” It had been a while since he had had a serious girlfriend, and that relationship had ended in flames. Since then, it had been a series of quick flings, reaching a certain point and never progressing past it. Long-term got boring, James had noted, though he hadn’t ever really been with the right person to experience otherwise. He found these quick flings to be all he needed, really. ”And I have no clue what you’re accusing me of. What’s wrong with compliments here and there? I’m not playing with anyone’s emotions. I’m simply enjoying myself, and seeing where life takes me, is that so bad?”
[/size]

totoro;
Halcyon

Post by totoro; » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:05 pm

• jasmine nodded, "maybe you could take one of your little whore here to eat." she told him with a coy smile before rolling her eyes. she kept her eyes on him and raised an eyebrow, "so your using her?" she asked bluntly. she couldnt help but laugh softly, of course he didnt want anything serious. "you know, you really are a sad little scumbag. you cant even hold a relationship with girls that try to be what you want them to be." jasmine shook her head in dismay as she leaned back in her seat. she knew her saying such rude comments meant nothing to him.
    she sighed, "i know exactly what i am accusing you of james, and its sad that you cant see that one day girls will stop throwing themselves at you. the thing wrong with the compliments and the dates is you leading a girl on, making them feel special. you enjoying yourself doesnt mean that the girls are okay with that.'' she stood up grabbing her bags, "thank you for the lunch." she said turning. she could feel the anger bubbling up inside her, who cared what amy thought? she did, she was her best friend and she knew that she liked james a lot. not that she understood why. jasmine sighed running her hand through her hair, he was just like her 'ex,' although he took the time to make sure that she thought he was her boyfriend and then a week later he claimed things werent working out. jasmine sighed as began to walk away from james after gathering her things

time: ■■■■■■■■■■■■
muse: ■■■■■■■■■■■■
insta
notes/when i wont be on:

lioness
Sagacitas

Post by lioness » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:17 pm

• james lucas--

James decided to simply let the comment about Amy slide—Jasmine didn’t understand him enough to see his side, and that was fine. In his mind, no relationship at this point in their lives was likely to last forever. This was simply a time to explore, and to have fun while they were young- he and Amy were exploring just as anyone would. Maybe, just maybe, something would work in a long-term sense, but truly, what were the chances? If Amy thought anything more was going to come out of their relationship, she was sorely mistaken. Who could believe that they’d find the one at their age?

Instead, he just affixed her with a slight look. ”Funny, you have no idea what I want.” he replied simply. All the varieties of insults she could throw at him meant very little- James had heard far worse from ex-girlfriends, occasionally mixed with death threats and other less-than-pleasant phrases. She simply didn’t understand his point of view, and that wasn’t his problem- besides, he doubted it was a mindset that would last forever. Many of the girls he dated were in the same boat as he was- playing the field, looking for status as much as anything else, just interested in the quick flings. They expected the relationship to be short-lived, just as he did; what did it matter to Jasmine when they ended?
[/size]

totoro;
Halcyon

Post by totoro; » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:28 pm

• jasmine could fel her agitation growing, she understood most high school relationships werent meant to be. though some people got married to their high school sweethearts, making a happily ever after kind of story. she couldnt understand why hed act this way, hed never find the one and probably ending up old, with a beer belly and being sad. but who was it for her to care or pity james? she decided it was best to drop the topic and move on with her shopping and leave the boy behind, she didnt feel like dealing with him anymore, he reminded her of her ex.
    jasmine sighed softly, "james you honestly think i dont?" she questioned. "i see you around school with a different girl hooked around your arm all the time. youre the kind of person to use someone for what they want and leave. hey if you wanna live your life with that until girls wake up and smell the roses realizing that james lucas is nothing special, then sure be my guest." the young girl sighed softly and shook her head. she still couldnt understand his appeal that made girls throw themselves at him. sleeping with him just made them a pawn and honestly she couldnt understand how they would sleep with him and be okay with it. they werent anything special for doing so. of course maybe she didnt understand enough because she was too much of a goody goody.
    jasmine was always the girl with her nose in a book and doing well on her tests, she was never one to sneak out to parties, or even sneak out to do anything. "maybe im just old fashioned," she shrugged. she turned facing him, "thank you again for the lunch but i need to go get a swimsuit for amys party tonight." she started to walk away, but she knew deep down he wasnt going to let her, she knew he saw her as a challenge.

insta
notes/when i wont be on:

lioness
Sagacitas

Post by lioness » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:54 pm

• james lucas---

James just listened as Jasmine tried her hardest at assassination of his character, though still, nothing that she had to say had the slightest effect on him. She simply didn’t understand—her life was far different from his, her values in sharp opposition to his own. While she wanted something serious, he had no hope that something serious would ever come, at least not at his age. The one serious relationship he had thought he had had crashed and burned, leaving him somewhat cynical to the whole thing. This was a time for flings, not for anything more; if Jasmine thought otherwise, she’d remain alone. That was, unless he could fix that—she was, in many ways, everything he liked in a girl. Strong-willed and independent, easy on the eyes, interested in more than just status that would come from dating. It was worth a shot, and, if nothing else, a good challenge.

James sipped at his drink until she was done speaking, showing no outward signs of acknowledging a word of it, though when she stood to leave, he did as well. ”How about I take you to dinner tomorrow night? You can pick the place, and complain about me all you’d like. It’ll be fun.” he added, the slightest of easy smiles on his face- enough to show that this was a serious question, not a joke; not that he’d ever joke about something like that. In reality, he really was interested in her. She was a challenge, but she also had a lot more potential that most of the girls he dated. He was impressed by her intelligence, and her devotion to her academics, and by her high standards when it came to everything in her life. She had goals for her future, past those most their age would even dream of.
[/size]

totoro;
Halcyon

Re: for the first time

Post by totoro; » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:10 pm

• jasmine had been midsip when hames asked her if she wanted to go on a date and spit out her drink, coughing as she tried to catch her breath. as soon as she was able to recover from the shock and almost choking on her drink she couldnt help but laugh. "james, no offense but youre not my type. besides, tomorrows a school night," she said bluntly. she realized how lame she sounded saying 'tomorrows a school night,' and tugged at the ends of her hair. it didnt matter, she wasnt going on a date with james. nothing he said or did could change her mind at that point. "as much as i love to bitch about you, i will be at amys all night tonight and most of tomorrow. i dont see myself having time for going out to dinner." she said, she was making up excuses hoping it was clear to him that she wasnt going to budge on her decision. taking another sip of her drink she turned towards american eagle, she wasnt lying when she said she had needed a swimsuit. the first step through the door made her nose crinkle upwards from the smell of whatever they had sprayed to make their store smell like. she nodded at one of the employees greetings and continued walking through the store noticing james in tow. she sighed softly grabbing a few bikinis, she knew amy had invited james to go to the party but based on everything it seemed like he had no interest in going.
    the brunette grabbed a light blue bikini, and a purple one and glanced up at janes, "dont expect a show." her lips turned into a coy smile before she rolled her eyes and headed towards the dressing room. once she put on the purple bikini she walked out of her stall to look in the full length mirror and pursed her lips as she looked at herself. she decided that it would be fine for the party and took a picture and sent it to her friend so she could see before heading back towards the changing stall.

insta
notes/when i wont be on:

lioness
Sagacitas

Post by lioness » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:26 pm

• james lucas;;

James figured that following Jasmine around might get him somewhere – or get him slapped. Either way, he didn’t have anything better to do, so he kept up with her fast pace, walking alongside her as though they were old friends out for a lovely day at the mall. ”I didn’t say it was a date- people can hang out without it being serious.” he replied, almost indignantly, as though he didn’t quite understand how she could think otherwise about his offer. Certainly asking her out on a date from the start would get him nowhere, but just hanging out as something of friends would be a good first step. He followed her inside American Eagle -not the place he’d shop, but fine for what it was. ”And fine then, the night after. Or next weekend. It’s just dinner, certainly you can spare an hour and a half, right?” he added with a slight shrug. By his guess, she sounded as though she was interested, to a degree- otherwise, she would have just said no without qualifying it, right? He watched as she picked out a bikini, and, while she was trying it out, poked around the other side of the store for anything he might actually wear. Finding nothing of interest, he instead leaned against the wall, waiting. From where he was he could just see the inside of the changing room, reflected through a couple mirrors. He wasn’t one to peak, but to be fair, this store had awful changing rooms, and so half the store could see anyone in the changing room if they stepped outside the stall. He saw the door open and Jasmine step out, wearing one of the bikinis she had just picked out. ”Damn, that looks awesome.”
[/size]

totoro;
Halcyon

Post by totoro; » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:56 pm

• jasmine rolled her eyes, "not a date?" she questioned. her lips pursed he was trying to be her friend. "if you wanna hang out with me you can do so at tonights party, and then-," she stopped before correcting herself, "maybe then i will consider going to dinner with you." she told the blonde with a shrug of her shoulders. "monday is a school day and night," she pointed out to james with a shake of her head. he seemed desperate to prove he was an okay person for her to hang out with and she knew iit was a mistake to try and trust him. she sighed, "again you can come to tonights party and i might consider it."
    after receiving a reply from her friend, approving of the swim suit she smiled but jumped at the sound of james voice and bit down on her lip. "thanks i think," her cheeks were bright red. she hurried back in the stall and closed her eyes. she felt embarrassed, she didnt know why especially since he would see her in the bikini later on if he did bother showing up to the party. she let out a sigh and then slipped the swimsuit off, quickly changing back into her normal clothes. she stood there for a moment and glanced in the mirror, her cheeks were still a bright red. she stepped out, not looking at james as she put the blue swimsuit back and then headed towards the line to check out.
    once she finished she sighed and looked at james for a moment, finally meeting his eyes, "im gonna go now i gotta help amy set up the party. so ill see you if you come." she hoped the idea of amy being there would scare him off, she knew he didnt like her like she liked him.

once they had finished setting up the party jasmine smiled at her friend, the whole time she kept talking about james and she couldnt help but feel guilty for not bringing up that they had encountered one and other at the mall earlier when she had bought her swimsuit. she had nothing to be guilty about though, nothing happened and nothing was going to happen between the two. once it hit 8 o'clock people began to show up at the party and jasmine went up to the bathroom to change. once she came downstairs she felt nerves wrack her body because a lot of guys were looking at her. she pulled her hair into a ponytail, she didnt want to hide behind her hair. she quickly walked outside joining her friend in the pool. "jasmine you look so hot!" her friend exclaimed. a faint smile formed and she softly thanked her, she turned as her friend splashed at her and caught james' eyes, he had actually showed up.

insta
notes/when i wont be on:

lioness
Sagacitas

Post by lioness » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:01 pm

• james lucas--

James flashed her a smile through the mirror, though he couldn’t help but notice how flustered she seemed by the compliment- her face turned bright red, as though no one had ever given her a compliment before in her life. ”Well then, I’ll have to see you tonight at the party.” he decided. He hadn’t been planning on going- any party held by Amy seemed to him to be the wrong party, so he had cited a previous commitment to get himself out of going. Amy had almost begged him, the girl so intent on spending every available minute with him that she could, but honestly, he just hadn’t felt like it. What was possibly going to happen at a pool party that would tempt him to go? However, if Jasmine was going, and apparently willing to debate dinner so long as he tolerated a pool party for the evening, he could deal with it. As she paid and prepared to leave, he nodded slightly. ”Until tonight.” With that, he watched her leave, wandering the opposite direction to where he had parked outside of the food court.

James texted Amy later that afternoon that he’d be able to attend her party after all, and the girl had been over the moon with joy- if nothing else, going would certainly make her happy. Changing into his swimsuit, he headed to the party, arriving on time for once in his life. Saying quick hellos to those he knew at the party, he observed the crowd- they weren’t that bad of a group, honestly, and he was surprised by some of the people that he saw. Satisfied that the night wouldn’t end up so poorly, he tested the water with his toes before jumping in, swimming over to where Jasmine and Amy were enjoying the water. ”Good evening, ladies.” he greeted with a flirty smile, noting that Jasmine looked just as hot now as she had earlier. Certainly, she’d draw eyes, but that wasn’t his business, right?
[/size]

totoro;
Halcyon

Post by totoro; » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:13 pm

• jasmine rolled her eyes, flirty as always when he greeted the two girls. "hi james," she said blandly. she was slightly impressed that he showed up, considering the fact that he was willing to put up with her somewhat annoying best friend just to get a chance to hang out with her. amy swum over and hugged james almost immediately and she couldnt help but snicker softly. she splashed her friend, "quit it with the pda." she loved amy dearly but the girl was boy obsessed and james was her current addiction. she could feel the heat back in her cheeks like earlier, and she could feel his eyes on her once more. she jumped up, sitting on the edge of the in ground pool, her eyes on james. her eyes scanned him and it was hard not to notice his abs. she forced herself to look back up at his face. "hey jaz im gonna go get a drink, you want something?" amy asked her. "sure dr pepper," the brunette replied. her best friend rolled her eyes, "i meant alcohol wise you party pooper." jasmine laughed slightly as her friend got out of the pool, "you know i dont drink amy." her friend shrugged before nudging her with her foot, pushing her back into the water. she squealed as she surfaced the water and noticed she was alone with james, "im not making any promises to dinner still." she said pointedly, just because he showed up meant nothing.

insta
notes/when i wont be on: