Bug/Issues/& Changes + New Poll

It is the responsibility of every user to keep up with any rule changes and to monitor this area on their own.

Profile sidebar on the...

Left
14%
Right
44%
Neither
42%

Total votes: 93
Meraki
Overseer
House: Halcyon

Re: Bug/Issues/& Changes +Poll!

Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:31 pm

• Everyone can now view the FAQ up on the main page to see if their question was already answered! I also wanted to thank you all for your questions, concerns, and patience. Things will only get better from here.
COME TAKE MY HEART OF GLASS
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
[My fiance]xx[Dragon]xx[Duckling]xx[CC]
───────────────────────
AND GIVE ME YOUR LOVE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Heyyo, I'm Connor one of the site overseers
here on AS. If you experience any bugs, I'm
your guy to go to. I'm currently a witchling
trying to impress my fiance, I have a really
huge obsession with foxes, and I love me a
good bit of horror. My inbox is always open

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
amnesia.
Black Belt

Re: Bug/Issues/& Changes +FAQ

Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:41 pm

• i was curious as to where the poll regarding people liking the new theme went? personally i was interested to see how other members felt/what they thought about it
Gamora.
Black Belt

Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:44 pm

• I'm glad you're alright with my concerns because they'll probably keep coming lol. Obviously you can't cater to anyone's concerns, but I really dislike this theme.
apathy wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:41 pm
  • i was curious as to where the poll regarding people liking the new theme went? personally i was interested to see how other members felt/what they thought about it
    • Same here, apathy. I wanted to see what others think as well.
  • ┌───────────────┐
    just a total marvel nerd &
    starmora and the greatest
    showman enthusiast.
    my inbox is always open.
    └───────────────┘
    my starlord sin bin
    ────────────────
sylver
Orange Belt

• figured i might as well drop my unpopular opinion in here as well while everyone else is at it.

honestly, i can just about second everything that has been said. i'm not trying to shit on the hard work that went into this, i appreciate the fact that staff is trying to keep the site up to date and functioning! but as things are right now, it's clear that a lot of people really aren't satisfied - judging by both by the replies being posted here, and the poll results.

the website theme really is bright and super difficult to look at. my eyes start hurting when i look at AS for more than 5 minutes (which isn't ideal, given the fact that you're supposed to write here, and i couldn't even manage to write this tiny reply on AS orz). the font is kinda weird compared to the old one - it seems super large, but super light-coloured and thin, the punctuation is barely visible, bold barely seems to do anything anymore, and it's just overall exhausting to read/write anything on here without straining your eyes to hell and back.

i was super excited to see that the width-thing was fixed, but this really just... doesn't make me want to be on here? i also don't know what "fits" people were throwing last time. sure, i do remember people complaining about the weird width, but, other than that, it was similar enough to the old theme to feel comfortable and i don't remember so many people being so dissatisfied with the theme. this is completely different and just doesn't seem to work as well as the old one did at first glance, at least to me.

plus, taking away prosilver because you can't provide support for it is kinda... weird? like, the previous posts all state "you can use it, we just won't support it", but now it's gone completely because "it won't be supported by us" and it honestly feels more like i'm being forced to use a theme i personally don't enjoy looking at at all rather than it actually being a matter of offering support for it, or "confusing" new users.

also, one more thing that may or may not make me come off as rude and like a bitch, so i apologize in advance, but... why make a poll if it doesn't really seem to matter in the end? right now, it feels like nobody really cares all too much and we're just being told to suck it up and deal with it. seeing posts like "well, it works for me, so i don't really see the issue" also feels kinda... bad tbh. i understand that the site needs to function first and foremost and that not everyone is going to be happy, but if we look at the poll (and if i look at conversations i've seen or had), it's really obvious that a large majority of people really aren't happy with this whatsoever.

once again, sorry if i sound rude, not trying to shit on anything and anyone whatsoever. i realize this isn't the final product, but i'm also under the impression that it's more or less what we're gonna be stuck with, whether we want it or not. the statement "people will start loving it like they started loving the 'old new' theme" also doesn't sit well with me; like i said, the old one was similar enough to feel right and function well, but with this i can honestly say that i'll most likely never "love" it. maybe i'll learn to cope with it and make-do with it, but i don't see myself really growing fond of it.

looking at the poll results again, shouldn't the majority be the driving force behind what happens to the site? what good is a functioning website if the main user base is unhappy and doesn't really want to use the site, and all because they don't like looking at the theme? i love AS, i really do and i don't really have any other place to take my creative writing to in the first place, but i just really can't keep my mouth shut like i usually do when coming on here is something i suddenly avoid like the plague.

and, because i can't stress it enough, i appreciate all of the effort and time and work that goes into keeping AS up and running, i just couldn't stand to sit here and let all of this frustration eat away at me while i keep my opinions and issues to myself. thanks for offering us all a place like this!

well, the poll's gone now, but y'know, i'm not re-writing this entire post orz
∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∵∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴
SO REMEMBER, SEND THE MOB INTO THE
→→ T. E. M. P. L. E ←←
MY. BONES. ITCH FOR. SOME. DARKNESS
∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴
┌──────────────────────┐
call me necro, mage, or cyril/cyr .or my lord
adult, they/them, gemini, infp, neutral good
my golden heart,. my toyhouse

└──────────────────────┘
Gamora.
Black Belt

Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:49 pm

sylver wrote:
  • figured i might as well drop my unpopular opinion in here as well while everyone else is at it.
    • I need to say that I agree with absolutely everything because it's important that it's known this is not just one person's opinion. I agree, along with many others.

Edit: Also, the less than 24 hours prior to this entire update announcement was a bit annoying. The only reason I knew it was going to happen was because someone told me about the announcement. I was not planning on going on AS those few hours beforehand, so I'm lucky I was even told.
Last edited by Gamora. on Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • ┌───────────────┐
    just a total marvel nerd &
    starmora and the greatest
    showman enthusiast.
    my inbox is always open.
    └───────────────┘
    my starlord sin bin
    ────────────────
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt
House: Vipera

Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:53 pm

Gamora. wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:49 pm
sylver wrote:
    • I need to say that I agree with absolutely everything because it's important that it's known this is not just one person's opinion. I agree, along with many others.
I also agree with pretty much all that you said. It's not an unpopular opinion. You are just one of a very few that have decided to actually voice concerns.
xxxx
Imagex News: Deer is amazing!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [X][∞]
Momo [] Phoenix [X]
Snow [X] Ping [X]
Gamora [X] Avenoir [X]
Mobius [X] Golden []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Meraki
Overseer

Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:04 pm

• Let me see if I can answer everything. I took the poll down as we are planning to replace it with actual issue changes such as what font looks better, which colors look better, etc. We have not taken it down because the results were 'poor'. Nobody likes change, its understandable, but allow me to explain why we won't be changing this theme. The old theme is incredibly outdated and a pain to update every little change we make, While it was more similar to what you are all used to, it was also very plain and did not allow room for expansion and customization, the theme we have now opens up a million doors for finding the right fit for our site!

As for colors, fixes, and the prosilver issue I would suggest looking at the FAQ once more as I vividly explain the reasoning. Prosilver, when active, blocks out Milk as the default theme and new users will join with prosilver, unknowing that Milk is the recommended theme. That being said, we've temporarily disabled it until we find a fix, I assure it is not a lack of support. What users choose to use is on them, however, this is to secure a better start for new users who won't know and will allow us to pick up Milk bugs and issues easier while settling in. And as stated upon the front, new colors and themes will be coming! Yes do I hate this bright white too. Unfortunately when I originally came out with the dark theme as default, all transparent images were gross, colors blended in, and honestly it was decided for the best to go with light at the start and introduce more colors after. That being said, I do want to go in and lighten the stark white board color for this default theme for starters and darken the font. That I have already said would happen! Other than that, new color themes will be available after we sort out other issues.

All the staff absolutely love this theme and so do a good majority of users. It will certainly take time to adjust to but if I am honest in return, this theme you see now is far closer to the Prosilver theme than our previous theme was! It has definitely been modernized and has changes but this theme stemmed from and is a child of prosilver. We understand concerns and really do appreciate your feedback, I'm sorry this is something you're not liking and we don't ever want to give off the vibes that you need to suck it up. We're doing everything we can to make it more accompanying but I won't be diving into code until tomorrow.

As for voicing concerns, its really important! If you don't tell us issues we cannot fix them. We do want you guys to be patient with us though and help smooth the transition. This is something we want to make comfy and lovable the best we can. It has not even been 24 hours since this theme went live though, so please do give things a chance to settle. Thank you all.

Edit: I can change this light theme to dark right now but please do know that as stated above, it messes up colors and transparents! If enough people comment to try it out anyways though we will switch it as default to let you guys see.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────────────
AND GIVE ME YOUR LOVE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt
House: Vipera

Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:18 pm

Can I ask why it would be an all or nothing if we want the dark theme? Why does it need to be the "default".

Also personally, the prosilver was much more like the original theme compared to this milk theme. This is too light, and the prosilver actually had color to break everything up like the old site did. I think it's best to give you users the chance to look at things, even if it will make the default theme for new users the prosilver. You can always recommend them using Milk and then give them the choice to change or not.

Also it seems that there isn't a lot of clarification here. Previous it was said that this would just be milk theme, that the other themes were taken away to force us to get used to this. Now you are stating that they were "temporarily" removed. I think you should clarify on the front page about this because plenty of users were/are upset that it seemed we were forced into the milk theme.
xxxx
Imagex News: Deer is amazing!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [X][∞]
Momo [] Phoenix [X]
Snow [X] Ping [X]
Gamora [X] Avenoir [X]
Mobius [X] Golden []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lost
Green Belt

Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:22 pm

If it is temporary how long will it be before the pro silver theme is back? Not gonna lie I prefer it and would prefer to use that with no support.
Meraki
Overseer

Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:27 pm

• Right now I am not creating any new color themes because we are still altering code and updating it. In order to have multiple color themes to choose from I have to duplicate the default theme and manually change everything. That being said, if I change something in the default theme like a bug or one of the issues being addressed, I have to do it for all other themes I made so it is much easier to pick light or dark for this theme right now while I fix all issues and then I will make more optional themes. I promise you will only be stuck with either or for a few days while I iron things out.

And again on prosilver, we decided it would be temporary until we can figure out why Milk won't show up as the default theme even when it is specified. We're not forcing anything, we are simply ironing out bugs and issues so do give us more time to make this work. We just don't want new users joining to prosilver because we cannot change or be responsible for bugs on that theme. You won't see certain features like our newsfader or banner on prosilver, etc. I assure this is not about forcing and we are just doing our best!

I have sufficiently answered all prosilver questions now though so anything further on the matter will be left to admins to answer as I am not the one who has the deciding factor on adding or removing themes. All other themes taken away were outdated and won't work on this version though. Prosilver and Milk are the only ones that will but we cannot alter Prosilver.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────────────
AND GIVE ME YOUR LOVE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━