Red Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: Sagacitas Common Room

Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:45 am

Grengirl wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:19 am
medusae. wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:56 am
for those in the US that like books check out thriftbooks if you haven't already
I just ordered 16 books for $60
most fiction/popular books are $3-5 and some textbooks I've looked at are over half off
they're used, but you can specify what condition you want them in
sharing to save a life
They dont ship north of the boarder? Man I need a post box and a car and a license and well a passport... and money and days off to go empty said imaginary postbox with imaginary car. Maybe I should just try swimming to Maine from the south shore? .. that can't be legal (or safe) I guess I also need time to read the books I would want to order too. Hmm... maybe I should settle for a rich friend who can travel instead; or just a rich friend. That just sounds more awkward and unlikely than swimming to Maine tbh.
You and me both lol
I'm not for sure that they don't ship to Canada but you could check. Otherwise I'd totally order them for you and figure out how to ship to Canada cause I'm always willing to help somebody save a buck or two
discord: wythor#8309
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:52 am

I'll have to check. Alot of places don't though and there would probably be duties added to increased shipping costs. If its remotely feasible I'll keep you in mind for possible cross boarder transactions. Cause making a PayPal account is hella easier than swimming.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:12 pm

I'm also willing to help out if anyone needs textbooks (that aren't too unusual and are more on the popular side, sadly), but I could only provide them in .pdf files (if I find them)! As for normal, material books, I'd love to help and ship them to those who can't get them since shipping is really cheap there (I sent x4 letters - x2 to Europe and x2 to the US for a bit more than 3 USD in December) but shipping very big packages could really leave me broke. :c

It's so odd that Canada is sometimes left out when it comes to shipping. Since I'm a potato from Europe, I kind of always assumed that most shipping, if it's available to people in the US, it should be available to those in Canada. But maybe it's just me and my absolute refusal to learn more about the US, haha.

I'm also piping up here to remind there's one more day left to vote for the winners and the new prompt (it's currently 10:10 PM here right now) and somewhere around 2 AM - 7 AM (CST) I'll be updating the thread. Also, another question - should we keep the songs as a possible prompt or do you guys not feel overly amused by them? They haven't been very popular so far and I'm not sure if it's just my bad taste or if you'd like me to provide a link to the song, lyrics, etc.
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:39 pm

But your my fave Potato!

A link to the song might be helpful in upping its popularity. I dont think its your taste in tunes.

And the cross boarder shipping is bad in general. I couldn't order from the pokécenter even and there is no comparative here in the north either. If I was wearing my conspiracy hat I'd assume there was some sort of cross boarder shopping scam in play. One that forces us to physically go across the boarder to buy certain things or at a decent price. Books are always more expensive in Canada than the states too and the company line on the matter has never held water in my opinion. Also there was a good reason Target failed up here it was because it was expensive to shop there! Most items were near double the price of the US stores from the same chain. Tell me how that makes sense?

* I don't actually have a conspiracy hat or the energy to build a proper theory; but if I did it would be a ugly hat. My favorite hats are all a sin on the eyes Haha.
Pirate-At-Heart
Bronze Belt

Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:40 pm

• if anyone is looking for a partner for the one x one competition, you can find my ad here c:
greetings! i am pirate, a twenty-two year
old gal from ope-town, midwest usa, who
loves cats, d&d, and watching waaay too
much netflix. my pms are always open
for a friendly chat!
• • •
muse: poking its head out
• • •
d&d forum game
sauerkraut
Brown Belt

Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:52 pm

if anyone still needs a partner for 1x1 lemme know
medusae.
Red Belt

Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:42 pm

• how do you do the thing with coding where you end up with a box of coding that you can just copy really easily? like for posting formats, if anyone knows what I mean
Pirate-At-Heart
Bronze Belt

Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:49 pm

• its the code command [ code ][ /code ] minus the spaces. The button looks like </>
greetings! i am pirate, a twenty-two year
old gal from ope-town, midwest usa, who
loves cats, d&d, and watching waaay too
much netflix. my pms are always open
for a friendly chat!
• • •
muse: poking its head out
• • •
d&d forum game
medusae.
Red Belt

Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:53 pm

• thank you!!
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:38 am

Thriftbooks will deliver to me without hassles! Now I just have to not order 100 books? My postman already hates me lol