Things That Made Your Day V.4

Chat, socialize and discuss.
hyena
Brown Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: Things That Made Your Day V.4

Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:39 am

• finally had my first real riding lesson after not riding for five years and honestly??? it went amazing??? i don't feel like i lost five years worth of not being on a horse. there's definitely work i need to do to make up the time, and i'm working on getting back into jumping more because i need to organize myself over jumps a bit better before i get back into courses, but other than that i was right in with a lesson full of very experiences people and keeping up. even the instructor said with a very obvious amount of surprise 'you're actually doing amazing' which is such a high compliment? of course after five years it was never going be perfect but it felt so good just to get back into the saddle!! the instructor even said that she plans to have me on courses with everyone else in a few weeks which considering she didn't even want me to jump this week before seeing me ride based on the time off. plus she commented (to someone else, but a friend overhead) that i'm not a heavy rider like i had said when i emailed her initially and that i'm definitely able to ride any of the lesson horses without problem, which is such a good feeling because my weight and my perception of my weight is something i struggle with a lot, especially when it comes to riding. weight was one of the reasons i stopped riding five years ago, and though it wasn't the only issue, the assurance that i am acceptable as a human being is really something i need to hear sometimes? basically it went amazing and i'm super happy, even if i'm definitely going to be sore tomorrow. plus my mental health has been really great recently, i got to help teach high school students at the museum where i work last night, i spent a few hours hanging out with friends, and generally just feel good and happy. i do have three exams next week but i think they'll be okay, i have a good deal of work done for them already. plus my folks are coming out to visit next weekend for a campus event, which will be nice! considering home is 600+ miles away they're never here, and it's nice to show them my research and more about my life here.
hyacinth.
White Belt
House: Unsorted

Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:28 pm

I had to work at 4:30 am and my bf stayed up all night so he could wake me up at 3:30 and drive me to work in the snow
boi deserves a god damn medal
only the lonely survive
Lost
Global Moderator
House: Halcyon

Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:16 pm

Going to the Chinese New Year festival today.
Girlfriend wakes me up with the words;
'Are you ready young one? For today, we face the dragggonnnnnnnnn!?!?'
Then does some kind of weird martial art while I just wonder if I'm dreaming or not.... XD

@Nev people think I'm the crazy one, they are mistaken!
sylver
Orange Belt

Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:38 pm

• rdr online has been fun as of late
    there were a bunch of dickheads around yesterday, but also a bunch of cool dudes

highlights:
    - level 136 german dude who just ended up hunting with/for me, handing me pelts and carcasses whenever i had sold the ones from my horse. bonus points for making my babe jealous because i admired the heck outta his big, shiny, black & gold hunting rifle
    - this one french dude who was being harassed by some dickhead who had previously tried to shoot me down. i just casually trotted close and shot him. we ended up camping on the train tracks and shooting the other dude down a few more times. french dude tried to lasso me suddenly, and i beat him to death twice. he ended up sending me a friend request.
    - some dude with the name dorian in his user who my babe and i killed a few times because he couldn't decide whether he wanted to just chill or kill us. he ended up following us and we did a mission together. he was a dumbass, but in an endearing way. like riding his horse straight off of a cliff and dying, that kinda endearing.
    - another french dude who joined our posse yesterday. he was kind of a dumbass too, but i'm friends with him now as well. most majestic moment was me carefully climbing down a steep cliff, and him falling down and landing before my feet. i swerve my camera up because i can hear his horse, and the thing just... comes tumbling down on both of us. amazing tbh. he also had this weird habit of purposefully jumping off of tall places and face-planting into the dirt in general.
───────────────────────────────────
───────────────────────────────────
necro/cyril/mage, they/them, 21 (may 29th), german, neutral good fool
my golden heart, my writing, my journal, my afflatus stuff, my toyhouse
rambo rimbaud
Bronze Belt
House: Sagacitas

Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:01 pm

so, I've got a cangel 1x1 and a couple buffyverse rps!!! i feel really lucky rn?? other than that, i have been pretty much in the tumblr buffyverse community and i really love the people there?? well, except some hardcore bangel shippers. they are kinda annoying. the best thing to come out of making my ats blog is that my favourite cangel vidder out on yt, 1snowhitequeen1, actually followed me and sent me a dm???!!! like, i had a huge fangirling moment because i love her cordelia and cangel fanvids!!

also irl is pretty cool too?? but my job is kicking my arse along with a really active social life. hella tired. still, grateful.
Image Image
rambo rimbaud | 21 | entp | 7w6 | aries sun leo moon cancer rising | ravenclaw | thunderbird
catalogue | development thread | writerblr | ats fanblog | ats playlist to cry over my babies

Image Image
Image Image
digital witness
Orange Belt

Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:09 am

• my new job as a pharmacy technician is completely overwhelming rn, but i'm determined to get the hang of it. i legitimately sat in my car and cried at the end of my shift on my first day, but i've decided that i'm going to adopt a better attitude. as long as i leave any given day having learned at least one new thing, i know i'm making progress. i start day four tomorrow and i already know so much more than i did last week. i'll get there. it's just going to take time.

the hours kind of suck compared to the fixed schedule that i had when i worked customer service and it makes skyping with my bf really difficult most days, but we'll make it work & the negative, self-destructive thoughts that i had when i worked customer service have all but disappeared since i've started in this new position. i think this will be good for me.

& after a late-night medical scare, my 16yo cat is doing much better. i had to make the heartbreaking decision to put his mom to sleep at the end of last month after 17 amazing years together and i was so scared that i was going to lose him too. he's taken her death hard, but he's made an almost complete recovery from where he was last week. i've spent nearly $1k on medical bills for my cats in the last three weeks, but i'm so happy to see him feeling himself again.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────xxxLADY LUCK, TAKE THE WHEEL
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
{ - tumblr | bf | characters | one x one search - }
vanitas.
Black Belt

My head is a mess rn but I think it's good

Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:46 am

kh3 has been a god send
College started up and with it, my grade anxieties are starting up but this game is keeping me grounded.
After all these years, finally this game.

So gorgeous <3 and I'm proud to say that yes, I cried.
Also so many of my friends have been sucked into Kingdom hearts thanks to KH3 although they are definitely confused on something's but they're still obsessed. Having someone to cry to about the game feels great, the games too new so all take anyone I can have!

Also I really like my professors! No one up tight or tense! Although, on the second day of classes I was low-key falling asleep but I'm pretty sure it's my fault for going to sleep at 1 AM.

I've felt weird recently, a mix of a good weird and an uncomfortable weird, I've been trying to get lit of my comfort zone with life overall, I've tried talking to new people, expand my friend group.
I crave change and although I'm still not 100% sure of what exactly I'm trying to do, I feel like I'm going to go somewhere new this semester, not sure if literally or figuratively yet but I'm hoping for something refreshing! I guess this is what turning 20 makes you want to do.
Kael
Silver Belt

Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:28 pm

I did some really good refactoring today. My code definitely got much neater and better and I am proud of myself <3
xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxI was just another part of your arsenal.
➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
OverwatchSpeedyA.T.O.M.
➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
thunderofthebun
Administrator

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:31 am

Got to take my friend to the archery range; she'd been wanting to go and try it out. Nevermind that some dude was standing right next to us blatantly just watching us until I was like "Feel free to add something!" but then he totally took over and was finessing her too much. Like he couldn't see she just wanted to try it out and have fun, wtf, dude. Like he did have some good tips but srsly I had to start standing between him and my friend and be a little curt to him in hopes that he'd get the hint to leave us be and not hover with comments the entire time.. I mean he was nice enough and obviously knew what he was talking about, just reeeally didn't get the social cues. Anyway, it was still quite fun! I think she was strong enough to try more than 16 lbs next time. xD It was nice to spend 1x1 time with her; we never do that anymore since she lives a few hours away.

Also I'm so happy to be diving into my AS to-do list again! The holidays kept me busier than they usually do and I hate not feeling productive.

Lastly, I'm so happy to be watching the newest season of Grace and Frankie; I adore them as they are me and my best friend. *___*

Happy February!

So excited to do some spring cleaning!
Winter still lingers but the smell of spring is on the breeze.
Check out the AS Survey and let us know how we can improve.

Happy Birthday to all of the February blueberries!
Kael
Silver Belt

Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:09 pm

Jazzy is yelling at her tatsugotchi to stop hiding under the table and it is hilarious I love her so much.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxI was just another part of your arsenal.
➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
OverwatchSpeedyA.T.O.M.
➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳