Sagacitas Common Room

Home of the knowledge seekers.

Moderator: Admin Aide

Do we redo the Event Thread? / Do we need a feedback thread for events? / Or a questionnaire thread?

Q1: The Holiday/Event Thread should be revamped
17%
Q1: Nah, no need; lock it up. We're already too busy
11%
Q1: Don't really care about what happens to it
3%
Q2: Yes! I'd like for there to be a feedback/question corner
17%
Q2: Nah, there's already a thread for AS events created
9%
Q2: Maybe, but for a different reason (please tell us what for!)
3%
Q3: Yes, a questionnaire thread sounds great
31%
Q3: No, we don't really have enough activity for it
9%

Total votes: 35
yanta
Green Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: Sagacitas Common Room

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:14 am

DangerousGirl115 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:27 am
Salutations,

I am DangerousGirl115 though I prefer DG or Danger. I was informed that I could pop in here to see what Sagacitas is all about. If anyone would like to talk about something I am open to conversation. Thank you for your time and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Till next time,
Danger
Welcome, DangerGirl115 though I prefer DG or Danger... (Sorry. Stupid joke. Had to do it. :P)

Anywho, stupid joking aside. Welcome to the fox den. The foxes are currently scattered about at the moment, but we all eventually pop in and will give a warm welcome. The handle's yanta, but I've been called yants, yant, yanty, yanya, yanma, yamcha, you, crazy, nuts, insane, silly, and hey. Still unsure why I keep getting called that last one, but meh. Not sure how into gaming you are, but if you've played a few online games, you may have also seen me use the handles of Ixi Frey (FFXIV), Kaysa (Too many games to count/list), CatDemonIchozu (Mostly just Gaia Online), FinalProxy (Any hacking simulator game). I think that about wraps it up for me. Again, welcome to the fox den. I'm sure you'll have a fun time.
A wild Cured Zombie has appeared.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've played a few online games, you may have also seen me use the handles of Ixi Frey (FFXIV), Kaysa (Too many games to count/list), CatDemonIchozu (Mostly just Gaia Online), FinalProxy (Any hacking simulator game), Kesh'lani (Elder Scrolls Online).
Syzygy
Black Belt

Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:20 pm

Hello, everyone.

I'm syzygy, recently sorted into Sagacitas. I've been around on AS for nearly three full years now and this'll be my first ever post that isn't related to a one-on-one or a one-on-one advertisement. For the longest time, I've been aiming to be more active on the site, post in different places, get to know some of the great people here. I just haven't done it, so I'm finally getting myself to branch out. The house system seemed really cool and I figured I was doing a disservice by not using it. I hope I'm able to meet a few new friends through this and finally get myself more involved with the community on AS. I feel like this is a good first step, so hello to everyone. I'm around all the time if anyone wants to talk or chat or whatever. Thanks for having me
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:24 am

A warm welcome to our new foxes! I'm Gren. I'm around alot and frequently very sleepy due to two jobs and family so I can tangent off easily ... its snowing alot outside my window!

Um, yeah .. just like that. It is snowing though.
нana ѕong
Blue Belt

Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:49 pm

• Oh wow new people? Nice! (also, hello. Yes. I am not dead akdfjga)
Pirate-At-Heart
Bronze Belt

Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:05 pm

• welcome new foxes. syzygy, glad to see you've become a fox c:
greetings! i am pirate, a twenty-three year
old gal from ope-town, midwest usa, who
loves cats, d&d, and writing a shit ton of
fantasy. my pms are always open
for a friendly chat!
• • •
muse: super selective
• • •
d&d rp (always accepting)
• • •
bestest friend in the whole worldmy beloved asshole
my twinthe pure onemother of beaudonut queen
my sonmaya-chana human magpie
Syzygy
Black Belt

Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:47 pm

Thank you all very much for the warm welcome. I'm happy to be here! It's been wonderful here so far.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:56 am

So nice to wake up and see people here! Glad to hear that our new foxes are enjoying meeting their partners in crime; we're all stuck in this together, haha!

On another note, given that we've received new members and it's been a long time since this was done, I've come up with a small questionnaire that might help us get to know each other better, maybe give way to a new discussion or just be a fun activity for us to do. Feel free to leave something blank if you want to!

What movie was so sad that you will never watch it again?
What did you learn a little too late?
What's something you tried really hard to like but just couldn't?
What were the last two books you've read? Did you like them?
What could be considered five blessings in your life?
What are your goals for the next thirty days? Have you reached any of them?
How have you changed in the past year as a person?
What is your favourite song to sing/hum/listen to?
Optional: Any tips/suggestions/opinions about your new Keeper? xD

The last question is more of a gag than anything serious, but I'd love to hear from you guys about what you're expecting to have in our lovely little house, what are your opinions and suggestions for me to improve and to make this house even more welcoming and fun. I'll post my own answers sometime soon!
нana ѕong
Blue Belt

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:10 pm

• What movie was so sad that you will never watch it again? hmmm... i havnt watched Marley and Me since my mom and i saw it in theaterswhen it came out so I mean ^^"
    What did you learn a little too late? I'm not sure! Probably something to do with school tbh. I'd do poorly on a test o my to actually catch on the materials shortly afterwards
    What's something you tried really hard to like but just couldn't? Oh boy. Um. I'm a gamer so I'll go with this. Fortnite/Apex Legends. I've tried playing them but I just can't. I'll stick with Overwatch lmao
    What were the last two books you've read? Did you like them? Oh nooo I havnt read in so long Dx uhhh... I started Wonder woman: the war bringer but never finished it. Seemed good though! Before that...i can't remember ^^"
    What could be considered five blessings in your life? oh boy. I'll go with:
    1) getting a job promotion despite only working there for not even half a year
    2) finding amazing friends that actually care about me, even if some live far away
    3) my metabolism xD comes in handy lol
    4) maybe a bit silly, but I love my cats. Even my smaller, bitchy cat can tell when I'm down and will actually let me pet her and stuff when I'm feeling down
    5) I'm out of ideas xD
    What are your goals for the next thirty days? Have you reached any of them? oh! Well, im supposed to be starting my new position within the next 2 weeks or so. I just hope I don't fail at it, so I guess my goal is to be proficient at it. Besides that, I need to remember to go to the gym/do home workouts more ^^"
    How have you changed in the past year as a person? To start, im no longer a super depressed person? Before, I was still rather heart broken after finding out my gf was basically cheating on me, but now we are friends and stuff still. Other than that, im pretty much still the same I think!
    What is your favourite song to sing/hum/listen to? i love a lot of songs Dx but currently? Probably Without Me by Halsey. I love it, and will turn up the sound in my car and sing man xD #noshame
    Optional: Any tips/suggestions/opinions about your new Keeper? xD i dont think so! Things run pretty smoothly, so i think youre doing a lovely job~
Syzygy
Black Belt

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:25 pm

What movie was so sad that you will never watch it again? Honestly, I can't think of any movie that I never watched again because of how sad it was, although I would probably count Marley and Me as well just because I know what happens in it and I doubt I'd want to see that.

What did you learn a little too late? Probably how to stick up for myself. When I was younger I just agreed with things or went along with them to avoid conflict, which obviously isn't good.

What's something you tried really hard to like but just couldn't? Country music, as my entire family loves it but it makes me physically ill now.

What were the last two books you've read? Did you like them? The Mamba Mentality by Kobe Bryant and Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair game. Yes, I loved them both. Big sports fan.

What could be considered five blessings in your life?Family, friends, dog, sports, and being accepted into graduate school

What are your goals for the next thirty days? Have you reached any of them? Ha - be more socially active on this forum. Off to a good start I suppose.

How have you changed in the past year as a person? Going back to what I learned too late - I'm much better now about saying what I mean and meaning what I say even if it pisses someone else off.

What is your favourite song to sing/hum/listen to?
Welcome to the Party - Diplo, French Montanta, Zhavia Ward, and Lil' Pump

Optional: Any tips/suggestions/opinions about your new Keeper? xD Nah, I just love it here already. Regret not seeking this thing out much sooner but I'm glad to be here now.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:52 pm

• Alright, seeing as I'm home right now, it's time to try my hand at this questionnaire. Decided to skip my lecture tomorrow, so I can do all of the things!

What movie was so sad that you will never watch it again? Hmm, it would probably be Disconnected. I watched it back in 10th grade and while I look at clips every now and then when I want to get sad, that movie is just too depressing for me to watch alone. But it's definitely a must to those who have never watched it before, even if it talks about heavy themes. It's a tear-jerker and it's best to watch with a friend so you can both cry.

What did you learn a little too late? That not everyone is honest with you. I learned that a bit late in my life and while it was a rather early lesson, it still came a bit late and I got hurt a ton in the end. I guess that learning this has changed me to a bitter person but this knowledge keeps me safe.

What's something you tried really hard to like but just couldn't? Olives, pop music, romance-driven stories. These are the three things in life that I have tried my best to like - as most of my family adores them - and it hasn't worked out all that well. Olives are absolutely disgusting to me and pop music lacks the depth and message that my favourite genres offer. It's just sounds or people screaming about fucking. Romance-driven stories can be quite good every now and then but I don't like it when they're the main focus of a story. I'm more of a fan of angst and sadness, I guess. c:

What were the last two books you've read? Did you like them? I know that the last book I've read was 1984 by George Orwell; I really liked this book as it was a metaphorical throwback to the times when Lithuania was still occupied by USSR. And while it wasn't definitely 100% accurate, it was still nice to read it and I'm now kind of hyped about watching the movie. I'm not sure what the book before it was. I know something was taken with me on a trip where I finished a book, but I can't recall what it was. Maybe Needful Things by Stephen King? If yes, then I really liked it, haha. xD

What could be considered five blessings in your life? I don't have too many, honestly. But here goes nothing: 1) my boyfriend, who makes sure that I do not go insane; 2) my weight loss journey, which hasn't been a complete failure as I lost about 26,4 lbs in a year; 3) my family, who keeps supporting me in my pursuit of a law degree, even if they don't all agree with my choices; 4) fellow writers, who are always there to help me get better and offer great critique; 5) my country, which is always going to be my home and the place where I come back to after all of my journeys abroad.

What are your goals for the next thirty days? Have you reached any of them? I'm going to try to get this >25-page paper done sometime during this week and not miss the deadline. I also want to recode my whole storage and I only need to do 4/26 reference sheets to achieve this goal, so it should be done quite soon. Most of my goals are very little but they're often a struggle when I have so little time to actually do any of them.

How have you changed in the past year as a person? I've become colder and less friendly. It gets harder to excite me and I don't feel happy while doing things that usually kept me interested. But I've also become more cautious and it's harder for people to manipulate me, so I guess that it's a nice thing. I try my best to be a good person but sometimes things get in the way and I end up snapping, even if I don't want to do that.

What is your favourite song to sing/hum/listen to? Right now? It's definitely That's Your Role by MELOVIN. I'm simply obsessed with this artist and my boyfriend keeps laughing that he's my newest celebrity crush. I'm sure that it's going to change after Eurovision 2019, though. xD

Any tips/suggestions/opinions about your new Keeper? Stop saying how you're thinking of changes to the token system and actually get them done!!