AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty-Two

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

Jazzyleia
Silver Belt
House: Vipera

OTP Couple Interview 2

Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:26 pm

ImageImage

1. Who comes up with cheesy pick up lines?
"I'd say Bran does. But they aren't like cheesy pick up lines, but more romantic poems that he says he doesn't read."

2. Imagine your otp is counting down to the New Year. Who goes in for the celebratory kiss?
"Me! Because I think I know Brandon enough that he wouldn't be the first to initiate that contact so I'll sure as hell do it."

3. Who plans most of the dates?
"What do you consider dates? Cause like, the two of us go out on a lot of jobs together. But both of us kind of plan those. If you are talking like super normal going out to dinner dates, I think it's Xavier dragging us on family vacations that plans most of the dates. We kind of just go along with the flow."

4. Who is “in the mood” more often?
"Um, I don't really know. I mean both of us are kind of focused on our jobs, but we make time for each other."

5. Who whines more when they are sick or injured?
"Neither of us are the ones to whine. We have both been injured enough to be able to take it."

6. Who gets their way most of the time?
"Both of us. Depends on what we are doing. Sure if I want to drag Brandon to a movie he will likely come with me, but otherwise we both listen to each other. It's good."

7. Who is more indecisive?
"We both need to make decisions quickly when it comes to various tasks within our lives. I spend a lot more time with Melody which is maybe why I would say Brandon a little more indecisive. But I'm sure he would say it is me."

8. Who gets jealous more?
"Probably me. But I'm still working through everything. I promise I'm good."

9. Who would be the stricter parent?
"I'd say Brandon."

10. Who is more likely to cheat on their partner?
"Neither. I mean I flirt a lot with other people, but those are for jobs and I'm sure that Brandon knows that by now."

11. Who is a sore loser?
"Probably me more than Brandon."

12. Who is more spoiled?
"Again probably me."

13. Who is the big spoon? Little spoon?
"I'm the little spoon for sure. I enjoy being curled up in Brandon's arms."

14. Who would propose first?
"Well I don't think we have ever really talked about marriage. I'm not even sure it is really on the table. Not saying that I haven't thought about it, but I haven't actually had a moment to ask Brandon what he thinks about it. I mean I'd love to have a fairy tale wedding."

15. Who loves to be held by the other?
"Me. I loved to be held by Brandon late at night."
xxxx
Imagex News: ......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [X][∞]
Momo [] Phoenix [X]
Snow [X] Gamora [X]
Avenoir [] Golden []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴀғғʟᴀᴛᴜs ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ

Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:40 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    mentions;; ri'arji, vanassa | tags;; angst, mentions of betrayal | word count;; 1,030

Her mother's eyes were full of sorrow. A bottomless pool of amber, her gaze spoke louder than her mouth ever could. In the dim-lit room, her grimace could be easily read. Countless times, her maw opened but no words came out, silenced by whatever gloomy thoughts had found a gap in her mind's defences. Vanassa's grief was endless and roared louder than the mightiest of leaders, her sorrow echoing in tones no wolf could reach. The source of her agony sat in front of the alchemist, hot and salty tears dripping on the worn floorboards as they rolled down the black-haired khajiit's cheeks. It was clear they mourned in their own ways, both of them hesitant to bid farewell and disappear into the tender, peaceful night outside.

"Ahziss ma," her voice was raspy and quiet, barely audible as Vanassa struggled not to weep. "Why did you come here, Ri'arji? If our Rid-T'har catches you, all of us shall be punished. Escape our deserts and forests; run until no arrows or blade catches you. Kha'jay siirithse jer draqo."

For a moment, no answer came from the younger khajiit, her green eyes focused on the ground beneath her feet. It was hard not to let out a deafening scream and curl at her mother's feet, sobbing into her lap for hours until Ri'arji would fall asleep and wake up the next day without a single memory of her pain. Instead, she raised her gaze to Vanassa, sighing quietly and leaning forward in order to cover the older khajiit's trembling hands with her own. The two felines remained silent, not uttering a single word as minutes passed by, providing enough time for them to gather their words.

"Ri'arji came to say goodbye, fado," she replied, nibbling on her lip in an effort to keep her feelings secret and not to cause even more suffering to the one sitting in front of her. Vanassa had gone through a lot of pain; there was no need to bring more agony to her. "This one has brought shame to her family. Rid-T'har is wise to banish Ri'arji from the sands of Elsweyr; this one will miss her pride, but she will not remain a stranger forever."

It seemed as if a dam had broke with the power of Ri'arji's last words; in the blink of an eye, the older feline leapt forward, wrapping her arms around the slender figure of her eldest daughter. She whispered in the black-haired khajiit's ears about the golden sands of Elsweyr and their forests, the tales of their guardian Rajhin and his adventures. Vanassa spoke about her daughter's intelligence and speed, praising her despite Ri'arji's conscience and all of the guilt she had been harbouring for the past few weeks. They clung to each other, nails sinking into their fur as they cried for the separation that was quickly approaching. No khajiit was expected to be punished as severly as the lithe archer had been but the Mane's word was law.

"Ahzirr keth runs through you," the older feline whispered, moving away from her daughter and looking into Ri'arji's eyes. Even if the usually bright gaze was clouded by tears, Vanassa could easily see determination and regret in those jewel-like orbs. "This one has always questioned our laws and Rid-T'har's words but she has not betrayed us as he thinks. Khajiit is an honourable thief; she is no traitor. Kha'jay krimir iso jer and they always have. For no child of Za'jiirr and Vanassa should be recognised as a lowlife," her words came out in a string of sobs and cough-like sounds, tears rolling down the khajiit's greying fur. With a deep breath, she continued, keeping her hands on Ri'arji's cheeks as she forced the youth to continue looking at her. "We may be thieves and Skooma dealers, but we take pride in these talents. No matter where your legs carry you, I will watch over you. Raj'kono."

With an elegant swiped of her hands, Vanassa removed the amulet gleaming on her chest, securing it around Ri'arji's neck. For a moment, the younger khajiit was speechless, looking at the symbol of their people; even if not many could understand the significance of kind gestures like this, she knew that her mother had put a lot of trust in her by gifting the piece of jewellery. The two looked at each other quietly, sharing a last embrace before Ri'arji stood up from her spot, approaching the window; if she was to be branded a thief, she would act like one. Hiding the amulet inside of her clothing, she opened the stained glass windows, looking at the dark clouds hovering above Corinthe. For a minute, she was hesitant, but the warm hand squeezing her wrist was enough to reassure her that everything would be alright. Ri'arji was different from the others; she would live for many decades.

"Ja'fith khaja," she turned to look at her mother for one last time, a content smile on her maw. Even if homesickness was now clawing at her ribcage, she would do anything if it meant keeping her pain contained inside for just a few minutes longer. "One day, Ri'arji will come back. She will make sure that no Rid-T'har has the ground to challenge her loyalty ever again. Even if this one might not see her family before it, she walks the desert together with you," it was a bittersweet goodbye, but she had remained in Corinthe just for that. She would keep her promise. "Sri jer sunej zegata."

The night was peaceful. A tender breeze swept across the city, ruffling her fur as the young khajiit rushed through the empty dim-lit streets. Even if she knew that a lone figure was silently gazing at her silhouette, Ri'arji did everything not to turn back and mourn the life she had left behind in exchange for her freedom. Only when Corinthe had become nothing but a small area in the desert did she hesitate and look back; the city's walls called out to her, promising comfort and forgiveness if she came back, whispering of a comforting embrace. But she knew it was a lie. She was exiled.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
TRANSLATIONS (Ta'agra -- English):
xxx* ahziss ma - my child;
xxx* Rid-T'har - Mane;
xxx* kha'jay siirithse jer draqo - moons will light your path
xxx* fado - mother;
xxx* ahzirr keth - our blood;
xxx* kha'jay krimir iso jer - moons smile upon you;
xxx* raj'kono - forever;
xxx* ja'fith khaja - warm sands;
xxx* sri jer sunej zegata - keep your heart strong.
silence.
Yellow Belt
House: Halcyon

member interview !!

Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:54 am

Image ASK ME NO QUESTIONS
AND I'LL TELL YOU NO LIES
            • Who is your best friend and where did you meet your best friend?
              my best friend's name is sydney, and we met in my sophomore year of high school, though we didn't become besties until after graduation

What is your greatest achievement?
              bold of you to assume i've achieved anything

Who is someone you aspire to be like?
              my parents, i think? they both made the best out of their shit situations and came out alright, and i admire that kind of tenacity. plus they're also just like... cool, well-educated, mostly unproblematic people. i'm really lucky to have them

Are you a birthday person?
              if it's mine, then yes lmao. i always feel so Important on my birthday

What is your dream job?
              i've always wanted to write books!! i also think it would be cool to be a musician, but i only know how to play one instrument (':

What is your zodiac sign? Do you think it fits you?
              my sun sign is cancer, and boy am i Such a cancer. it's pretty characteristic of cancers to have a tough exterior but be marshmallow fluff on the inside, and that's basically the story of my life. even aesthetically i have an edgy but soft vibe. plus like, i'm also sort of a mom friend?? though sydney told me i'm more like a wife friend lmao

What are some goals you want to accomplish in five years?
              i want to get my degree, get a job in my field, and move out

Name three places you’d like to vacation if money wasn’t an issue.
              japan, wales, and i'd go SO HARD at harry potter world buying all the merch

If you knew you could never fail, what is something you’d attempt to do?
              probably something illegal, reckless, or both

Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance?
              absolutely not. i think a lot of people do, but definitely not everyone. some things are simply unforgivable, and tbh, you should never give someone a second chance if they haven't changed/improved in some way

What are you paranoid about?
              um... well i can be pretty anxious in general, particularly when it comes to social situations, but i think the big thing that really freaks me out is money? i feel like i'll never ever have enough to be Ready. for what, idk, but i know i can't afford it

What language(s) do you want to learn?
              japanese, french, and spanish would all be fun to know!!

What language(s) can you speak on a decent level?
              i think english is the only language i can claim fluency in. i used to be pretty alright with vietnamese, but i'm really out of practice so idk. i know a couple words in chinese from visiting my cousins, but not enough to carry a conversation

Who was your first celebrity crush?
              emma watson!! i'm still in love with her ngl

What are three things you want to do before you die?
              publish a novel, be in one of those underwater shark cages, and see a ghost
algorythm
Black Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: member interview

Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:45 pm

• 1. Who is your best friend and where did you meet your best friend? elementary school in what I consider to be my home town, even if it was the second city I've ever lived
      2. What is your greatest achievement? I just shrugged so
      3. Who is someone you aspire to be like? an okay version of myself
      4. Are you a birthday person? mm no, jesus outshines me on that day and I'm not so great with attention or disappointment
      5. What is your dream job? orthopedic surgery will always be relevant and bones are cool, but really I just want to get into medicine- I don't really have that drive for anything but that vague goal rn.
      6. What is your zodiac sign? Do you think it fits you? capricorn. it does to a degree, but I've never been so sure of the future that I actually have been ambitious. though ig medicine is somewhat ambitious, so yeah?
      7. What are some goals you want to accomplish in five years? graduate one school and move on to another, yay extended schooling for medicine...
      8. Name three places you’d like to vacation if money wasn’t an issue. unfortunately a whole bunch of the us darn american friends, jamaica to see where my family's from and stick out like a sore white passing thumb, japan because that is the grad trip I haven't saved money for yet
      9. If you knew you could never fail, what is something you’d attempt to do? get all the licenses I could afford, just because
      10. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance? no.
      11. What are you paranoid about? people and their opinions, walking in the dark, anything and everything with the potential of failure
      12. What language(s) do you want to learn. both the main chinese, fully fluent in french would be helpful, german would be cool tbh and so would russian. I just really wish I had the brain for languages.
      13. What language(s) can you speak on a decent level? english and I can technically be okay with my french not really though
      14. Who was your first celebrity crush? probably like carrie fisher or natalie portman really. people may say the golden bikini was just eye candy for nerds and thus completely unnecessary, but I at like four years old was one of those nerds sooooo.
      15. What are three things you want to do before you die? graduate, pass, graduate- it's unfortunate that those are all three very different things
xx
xiiiI was young I was dreamy / got you on your knees / begging, "stay with me please . . ."x olivia, canadian (est)
xii,hoe, dnd gang (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) xnot thinking straight / you must be joking / this one's a whole new low for you
I
python regius
Yellow Belt

member interview

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:59 am

• 1. Who is your best friend and where did you meet your best friend?
    i don't think i have one? most people i see often i consider acquaintances and no one knows me well enough to consider them a best friend
    used to have one, in which case we met when she responded to my desperate iso roommate email end of freshman year. i was trying to find a third roommate to fill a house and thought i'd find someone tolerable at best. ended up finding a better friend than i'd ever had before
    2. What is your greatest achievement?
    either rehabilitating the snake I rescued that was nothing but skin, bones, and layers of stuck shed with a respiratory infection and no use of the back half of her body to the healthy fully functional snake she is now
    or landing an internship at the state zoo last summer. i worked hard for that.
    3. Who is someone you aspire to be like?
    no one really, ii'm just kind of doing my own thing
    4. Are you a birthday person?
    god no and i hate the big deal that everyone else makes it. i hate being the center of attention, opening gifts in front of people is the worst, and being sung to is so uncomfortable. the best one i've had was probably the last, in which my boyfriend ordered an ice cream cake, a single coworker came over, and we drank
    5. What is your dream job?
    working with elephants or training birds/dogs
    6. What is your zodiac sign? Do you think it fits you?
    aries? I think? i have no idea, i don't pay attention
    7. What are some goals you want to accomplish in five years?
    hatch my first clutch of ball pythons, graduate, keep the damn chameleon alive, get a puppy, get a house
    8. Name three places you’d like to vacation if money wasn’t an issue.
    new zealand, australia, brazil
    9. If you knew you could never fail, what is something you’d attempt to do?
    uhh open my own business designing and maintaining aquariums and live vivariums for people's businesses and homes probably
    10. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance?
    not everyone, but i still probably allow most people too many chances
    11. What are you paranoid about?
    worrying that my boyfriend will leave me for something better for 100
    and that I won't be able to get a job at a zoo or wildlife center right out of college
    12. What language(s) do you want to learn.
    i'd like to become more fluent in asl and i'd really like to learn more about native american languages
    13. What language(s) can you speak on a decent level?
    english only but i think i could hold my own in asl if it was slow
    14. Who was your first celebrity crush?
    i'm not really a celebrity fan, i still don't have one
    15. What are three things you want to do before you die?
    publish an article or review in a scientific journal, observe dragon snakes and marine iguanas in the wild, visit new zealand
important
Brown Belt

otp interview one ( ri'arji & mothrul )

Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:33 pm

Image Image

( kami's ri'arji & important's mothrul from this rp )
spacing
  • i. who comes up with cheesy pick up lines? probably mothrul. though not typically known for his humour, when he's close to someone, that humour makes way in some of the most odd fashions -- especially seen in his nickname for ri'arji: "kitty"
    ii. imagine your otp is counting down to the new year. who goes in for the celebratory kiss? both of them, tbh. when celebrating together, they both tend to be a bit... incapacitated. let's just say there's no shortage of mead and skooma when these two party.
    iii. who plans most of the dates? if by "dates" you mean "delving into dangerous dungeons for the hell of it and the opportunity to fight together", then that'd be mothrul. they're not exactly the uh... conventional couple, shall we say.
    iv. who is “in the mood” more often? both? between the skooma for ri'arji and the beast blood in mothrul, it's fair game
    v. who whines more when they are sick or injured? neither of them. they're both tough as nails, and able to take a blade to the flesh way easier than they should be used to.
    vi. who gets their way most of the time? ri'arji, mostly because mothrul can't say no to her. (it's the eyes)
    vii. who is more indecisive? mothrul more than likely. as someone harshly guided by codes and honour, he has to take a second to make a conclusive decision in order to decide what's right or wrong.
    viii. who gets jealous more? mothrul, probably. he's fiercely protective of her and wouldn't hesitate to snap a few necks if someone were to look at ri'arji the wrong way.
    ix. who would be the stricter parent? they're not looking to have kids at the moment or anytime soon (orc kitties? how does that work? the babies would kill her omg she's too small) so idk
    x. who is more likely to cheat on their partner? neither. they're both loyal to one another to a fault
    xi. who is a sore loser? ri'arji, probably
    xii. who is more spoiled? definitely ri'arji, mostly just because mothrul would do anything for her
    xiii. who is the big spoon? little spoon? you take a look at these two and you tell me huh. one's a tiny kitty lady and the other is a 7 foot orc. c'mon.
    xiv. who would propose first? given their two marriage customs from their respective birth places, most likely neither of them.
    xv. who loves to be held by the other? ri'arji! she loves curling up in his arms and just being held by him in general.
python regius
Yellow Belt

otp interview

Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:43 pm

AVERY GRIFFITHS& HUNTER POWELL
  • 1. Who comes up with cheesy pick up lines?
    Avery 100%. Hunter could care less if there was any talking at all
    2. Imagine your otp is counting down to the New Year. Who goes in for the celebratory kiss?
    Also Avery, but Hunter would be holding out for him
    Avery again, although their dates are more like Avery showing up at the door with a movie and a sad face
    Hunter, but that doesn't mean he satisfies that mood with Avery
    Hunter. Avery just bites the bullet and gets on with things as he has ten times the responsibility than Hunter and a gang doesn't run itself, but Hunter might die over a cold.
    Guess who, Avery again. He's much more of a 'better to ask forgiveness than permission' person
    Hunter gets consulted for most important decisions, so probably Avery
    There is little jealousy going on even though they have a rather unconventional relationship, but Avery can't help it occasionally while it has rarely, if ever, bothered Hunter
    Hunter. Avery wouldn't be able to say no while Hunter would be wayyy too strict
    Considering they have more like an open relationship, they both 'cheat' regularly
    11. Who is a sore loser?
    Surprisingly, Hunter. He has had much less hardship and setbacks than Avery, so he has not learned to deal with them like Avery has
    12. Who is more spoiled?
    Also Hunter, who's had an easy life compared to Avery
    Big spoon - Hunter, little spoon - Avery. No question and no switching
    They'd both rather die before proposing to each other
    Avery, Hunter doesn't prefer to be the one being held.
toast
Gold Belt

AS Afflatus: prompt

Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:28 am

xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxI CAME TO SAY GOODBYExx characters;; aeolus, (: // words;; idk
x

x

x
    • work in progress
MajorPoland
Bronze Belt

Re: AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty-Two

Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:43 pm

1. Who is your best friend and where did you meet your best friend?
My best friend is somebody outside of AS (I won't mention names due to privacy reasons). we met in school, she is a year younger than I am. Her friend owed me a euro for a bottle of coke and she introduced us to each other. Blessed be that day, otherwise I would not be where I am now (what is not 100% positive but oh, well) She has shown me Jugger where I met a lot of amazing people and I am just so glad that I have her. I can talk to her about everything and despite the fact that we sometimes fight each other at the end of the day we are like sisters and this is super good to know. We have planned to move together in a few years together with her dog. She is the best person I know.

2. What is your greatest achievement?

I have lived completely on my own for two and a half months before my immune system screwed things up. But this is a different story. So yeah, being completely independent with 18/19 is my greatest achievement so far, and of course, my A-Levels I passed with the average of 1,3 (Germans will know what I mean)

3. Who is someone you aspire to be like?

I wish I was more like my team captain. He is such a compassionate person and so self-confident but not an egoist. He always says the right things at the right time, he knows how to inspire people and motivate them. He is a really good leader. He is gentle and loving. I really like him.

4. Are you a birthday person?
Oh damn no. I love other people's birthdays but not my own. Keep it small, keep it simple and that's everything about it. It's just a day any other day.

5. What is your dream job?

Honestly, I would love to be a sailor or fisherman. But I know that I have a completely wrong image of these jobs because I still have these old, romantic images in my head. Anything that has to do with the sea or water would be a dream job for me. I would not make a good astronaut I guess, because I get nauseous very easily (not on ships for some reason...).

6. What is your zodiac sign? Do you think it fits you?

My birthday is August 7th so I am a Leo. I have no idea what the characteristics of Leos are since I am not very fond of Astrology, to be honest. I used to be a very impulsive, passionate person. Now I am more of a thinker and 'introverted' (I always used to be an introvert but I now use to do things more for my own, rather than to impress) I am a one-man-army and a swiss multi-tool personified, maybe you guys can tell me if I am a real Leo?

7. What are some goals you want to accomplish in five years?

Finish my Master's Degree maybe. Develop as a person and play lots of Jugger, maybe make the first place on a bigger tournament. My best placement was second place, maybe I can get a gold medal some day.

8. Name three places you’d like to vacation if money wasn’t an issue.
Iceland and Japan for sure. I have no idea where else I would like to go... Oh, yeah, Scotland of course. I would just go and travel all around the country, no specific places, just see everything, from a big city to tiny village, get to know the nature and the people and just have a lot of fun and tasty food.

9. If you knew you could never fail, what is something you’d attempt to do?

I don't actually believe in failure. The question is how much work you put into the things you want to try and if you calculate the risks properly.

10. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance?
It depends on what happened. I guess they do not if they murdered you. I give second chances on a 50% rate but it is against my very nature not to forgive people I love. I can be very naive sometimes and believe that people changed but most of the time it is not the case and I get hurt and betrayed in the same way as before.

11. What are you paranoid about?

People leaving me. I hate being left behind due to 'they found somebody better/more interesting/whatever'. I am super paranoid about not being good enough for others.

12. What language(s) do you want to learn.

Swedish, Russian, Icelandic, Finnish, Japanese, Arabic, French... I would love to speak every language in the world because why the fuck not?

13. What language(s) can you speak on a decent level?

English on C1, Polish and German as my mother tongues (yes, I have two of them!)

14. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Hugh Jackman. I was still quite young and saw him playing Wolverine and I immediately was like <3

15. What are three things you want to do before you die?
Slap somebody in the face who hurt me a lot, see polar lights and save a life.
python regius
Yellow Belt

otp interview two

Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:40 pm

AVERY GRIFFITHS&JACKSON ANDERSON
  • 1. Who comes up with cheesy pick up lines?
    I'm gonna go with Jack
    Jackson, but Avery's waiting for him with unapproving stares from Hunter
    Jackson. Avery has little time for planning things after taking care of business but he has little objections to whatever Jackson cooks up.
    Probably Avery
    With Jackson, Avery. He has no one else to complain to so while he may still be up and working he's complaining 100% of the time to Jackson
    Avery literally can't say no to Jack
    Neither of them seem very indecisive, perhaps Jackson regarding his relationship with Avery
    Definitely Jackson. And Avery does not understand
    Well Jackson will have to, otherwise, they probably shouldn't have kids.
    Avery. Who does almost regularly But still doesn't understand Jackson's jealousy
    11. Who is a sore loser?
    Avery is always a sore loser.
    12. Who is more spoiled?
    If he could Avery would fulfill Jackson's every request, so... Jackson.
    Big spoon = Avery, little spoon = Jackson. Most of the time.
    Probably Jackson, Avery doesn't really have anything more than dating on the mind
    Obviously Jackson, but as much as he won't admit it Avery actually loves being held.