Mon May 06, 2019 7:39 pm

• hello hello ilyt
    I just never post here because I'm shy
important
Global Moderator
House: Halcyon

Mon May 06, 2019 8:25 pm

• nina pls i've been calling you that for several months now

but i'll probably do my 2nd character interview later in the week, along with my two prompts.

hope to also knock out the halcyon questionnaire bUT how long do we have until to fill it out? like is there a cut off date or is it just for fun?
ichor.
Admin Aide
House: Halcyon Keeper

Re: Halcyon Common Room

Mon May 06, 2019 9:47 pm

Kael wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:10 pm
i haven't really been active lately but I feel like the prompt thread may be better to be substituted with something else? I mean, there are quite a few places already that we can write prompts for. E.g. Afflatus, Social Media. Not to mention that 100 DoS will be coming next month as well? But either way, perhaps the more active people may have a better say in this cx

Also, Nini, I wanted to point this out earlier but the Halcyon Staff list is quite... outdated ^^' Perhaps it can be updated? :)
That's kind of what I was thinking, but I also want to encourage writing for things outside of earning points if that makes sense? I am oddly attached to the prompt thread even though I have no reason to be??? xD And I definitely thought about the 100 DoS thing too but I do know some members really liked the prompt thread. It could be that the prompts aren't interesting enough? In which case...I could always have people send it anonymous suggestions and choose a handful and it's voted for >.> I'm not sure how to make it more appealing besides points which obviously can't be done

I'd love to do something like tokens or something you can earn and have redeemed for something but I am hugely untalented and cannot offer anything except my love :U

And yes I'm aware the list is updated xD I haven't really been updating that list as of late >_> It kind of fell through on my end this year (this semester?) because of everything I had going on. I will be updating the staff list and any username changes after finals.

python regius wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:18 pm
  • I really like prompts even tho there's lots of opportunities for prompts on AS, mostly because it pushes me to write something different than roleplaying , which I won't do unless there's at least some minimal feeling of obligation. But I'm not sure how to provide obligation in this setting.
    One suggestion (maybe? Cause it's more so something that I just want) is a place for feedback on your writing? Like a specific thread in which if you post in that thread you're opening yourself to feedback (constructive criticism obviously)??? And you might say "can someone give me feedback on the dialogue in this" or just ask for general thoughts. Could be a house thing or an AS thing
    But I also see problems, namely how to get feedback to people, as I know some people wouldn't be comfortable having their name attached to their feedback.
    Idk it might be a terrible idea, but I just feel like theres a need for some way to get better at writing and talking with partners usually only gets an "it's great" or something similar which is like minimal help.
ooh i could definitely set up a feedback thread. i think maybe the best way to go about asking for feedback is that you submit it and then you could make like a google form thing (or use something similar) like the afflatus does. that way you have access to the feedback and people can leave it anonymous or sign their name if they wish to do so?

hopefully that makes sense but i could definitely see it helping. the afflatus did have an anonymous critique section last year but it was never utilized it seemed, so it was removed. but i can see it working within the house and if it works well, maybe we could have each house have it/the general forums?

Gamora. wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:19 pm
    • yo I filled out the questionnaire already because I'm trash for them, but dumb question, do we post the answers on the questionnaire thread or on here? c:
post on the thread! i'll be creating a table of contents as we go and linking to the original post for each questionnaire :)
important wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:25 pm
    • nina pls i've been calling you that for several months now

but i'll probably do my 2nd character interview later in the week, along with my two prompts.

hope to also knock out the halcyon questionnaire bUT how long do we have until to fill it out? like is there a cut off date or is it just for fun?
TALK TO ME MORE AND I'LL REMEMBER
i keep forgetting i am a goldfish

ummm no time deadline tbh it's just for fun. i'll probably try to post a new one twice a month or at least towards the beginning/end of a month?? considering setting up a thing where you can submit questions to be asked for the next round like the afflatus does in a way if that makes sense

oh yeah i may need your coding skills again

all this activity makes me happy eeee

also guys don't forget we have the anon form for feedback so if you're wanting to suggest something but feel shy/nervous about doing so, you can submit it there! it's been a while since i've seen anything there and i try to check it every now and then! just please remember that it should be polite and something i can post publicly as i do respond to them here in the thread! i may actually make a separate thread for these things so that they don't get lost amidst the chatting here when i respond to them :)

so things for me to do once i'm not dying:
1. fix up descriptions for the halcyon threads/rules/etc
2. member list stuff
important
Global Moderator

Tue May 07, 2019 11:48 am

• i love answering questions about myself so naturally... my questionnaire has been finished (:

just DM me nina you know i'm always gonna help you
caligo
Black Belt

Tue May 07, 2019 1:58 pm

hi !!! Ohmygod I haven't posted anything here in a g e s rip.
Image ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

• cali twenty one argentina sag ☼ taurus ☾ aquarius ↑ ENFP 4w5 7w6 1w2 griffyndor / thunderbird

marvel, disney, harry potter, books, psychology, sociology, languages, theatre kid, conspiracy theories , animals, art, sitcoms, action & science fiction.

writeblr character index
            character development thread

100 DoS
Gamora
Black Belt

Tue May 07, 2019 2:23 pm

• caligo wrote:
      Tue May 07, 2019 1:58 pm
      hi !!! Ohmygod I haven't posted anything here in a g e s rip.
      i love your profile afkahfajglajg
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐
      i'm just your average marvel nerd & starmora
      enthusiast. feel free to pm me about anything.
      still suffering from post-endgame depression.
      julienuhhh100 days of summerstorage

└────────────────────┘

ichor.
Admin Aide

Re:

Tue May 07, 2019 4:07 pm

important wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:48 am
    • i love answering questions about myself so naturally... my questionnaire has been finished (:

just DM me nina you know i'm always gonna help you
I shall I shall. I’m lazy rn Bc I want a nap

@cali: eeeee cali

──────────────────────
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━──━┓
site admin aide
message for questions or just to chat
slowly returning to rping trying to catch up
discord: anika#6882
my fave color is purple. i like cats & naps

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━──━┛
──────────────────────
xImagex
──────────────────────

──────────────────────
xImagex
──────────────────────
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━──━┓
insta storage plots search
coding writing temp art
charries

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━──━┛
ImageImage
──────────────────────

python regius
Orange Belt

Tue May 07, 2019 9:45 pm

• @the feedback thing, ichor mostly
    I thought about the google forms being an option too, but then there's the problem of people just being really rude, and although I would hope that wouldn't happen its anonymous so it's kind of bound to happen.
    The only other solution I thought of was that when people post feedback they can either post it themselves directly over the thread and just indicate what piece they're giving feedback on or message the feedback to the person running the thread to have them post it anonymously.
    but it also requires people to be willing to put in the effort to give feedback to others and idk if a lot of people would be interested in that?
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

Wed May 08, 2019 4:02 am

ichor. wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:14 pm
yes yes yes

okay so my semester is nearly over
unfortunately im doing summer classes rip me
but what would you guys like to see more of so that we can get some activity back up here? i know questionnaires were something y'all were interested in. i gotta find some good questions xD

edit: found a questionnaire on tumblr xD will pretty up post later
i be interested in questionnaires
ichor.
Admin Aide

Wed May 08, 2019 5:28 pm

python regius wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:45 pm
  • @the feedback thing, ichor mostly
    I thought about the google forms being an option too, but then there's the problem of people just being really rude, and although I would hope that wouldn't happen its anonymous so it's kind of bound to happen.
    The only other solution I thought of was that when people post feedback they can either post it themselves directly over the thread and just indicate what piece they're giving feedback on or message the feedback to the person running the thread to have them post it anonymously.
    but it also requires people to be willing to put in the effort to give feedback to others and idk if a lot of people would be interested in that?
yeah that's the other idea i had. i could run the google form and if there's something rude/mean, i would omit it. overall, with the anon forms i've created - afflatus and then the feedback one for me as a Keeper - things have been very polite/nice with the exception of the last issue.

and people being willing is definitely an issue. it's why i removed the anon critique section of the afflatus. but if it's something plenty of people are interested in for the house forum, i could definitely set something up. i can create a poll in a bit to better gauge interest

Spiritstar3 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:02 am
i be interested in questionnaires
there's a questionnaire posted in the house forum! bloop