AS Afflatus: Issue Thirty-One

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

howl
Brown Belt
House: Sagacitas

Member Interview

Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:27 am

• 1. What are your bad habits?
      god where do I even start? The fact that I'm not very good at communicating? I struggle at times to say what I actually want to say because I overthink everything about a thousand times over and it's awful.

2. Do you like big crowds of people?
      It's very situation-dependent. In general, not so much-- I find people overwhelming. But when I willingly subject myself to crowds, such as a visit to Rockefeller Center or a football game, I really enjoy the energy. It all depends on what I'm up for and what is happening.

3. Do you think age matters in a relationship? Why/Why not?
      It depends on what you mean by 'matters'. There's a point where age does definitely matter-- whether or not the relationship is legal, for the first place, as well as the fact that age does tend to make a difference in the way people think and act. God knows I'd make different decisions at 22 than at 20 and that's only a few years apart! People at the same ages tend to be experiencing similar things, which does make a differences. But honestly, high questionable and illegal preferences aside, I'm not going to yuck someone's yum. Be with who you want; as long as it's consensual, do your thing!

4. What are you paranoid about?
      Honestly I don't really know?? I don't like sleeping on the first floors of houses because clearly windows are a huge risk or some shit, but past that, hopefully not much.

5. Do you believe in luck and miracles?
      The world is full of absolutely random chances. Sometimes in the eternal RNG that is life, you roll incredibly well, sometimes you do not. Luck and miracles as the words we use to describe highly positive or negative experiences, so who's to say that they don't exist?

6. Are you easy to get along with?
      Heck to the no. I'm a piece of shit.

7. What do other people find outstanding about you?
      I'm a know-it-all rather smart, and I think that tends to impress people. I learn and memorize information pretty easily and have a wide variety of interests, so on most topics I've heard a few things that I can share. I don't actually know if I'm that intelligent, I just love learning.

8. Trip to outer space or to the bottom of the ocean?
      Bottom of the ocean! The incredible diversity of life there is something I have always dreamed of seeing. I've always wanted to do gown in a deep-sea submarine, and just explore what's down there. I can't imagine much more beautiful. The most common form of communication on this planet is light as it is the primary communication of the deep sea, and the deep sea is an incredible huge and incredibly unexplored area of our world. I am fascinated by that world, the world that shares our planet and yet is out of our reach.

9. What is your secret/most important wish?
      To be accepted-- by the world, as who I am, by my family, by someone I love.

10. Do you have a vice that you hate having?
      mm my continued existence is a vice at times-- probably being a judgmental and at times unlovable person.

11. What is your favorite rp genre?
      There are just too many cool things to name. Basically fantasy; whether medieval or outer space or anything else!

12. What is your least favorite rp genre?
      Anything with high school or teenagers. I just don't want to relive those days and don't find it particularly fun to write as I don't feel that I have anything creative to say.

13. How did you get started with role-playing?
      In fifth grade we had a Warrior Cats clan at my school! We also got playing Warrior Cats on the playground banned from the school! We also had a website that we played on, with all the drama of a fifth grade class. Throughout middle school I roleplayed Warriors with friends and expanded to wolves and to book series like Percy Jackson, and started other websites and CS roleplaying. Eventually, I moved here.

14. What is a roleplay that you have wanted to try but did not get the chance to do yet?
      Honestly? I'm not sure. I'd love to a fantasy RP inspired by Horizon: Zero Dawn because the world it sets up and the peoples of the game are so interesting.

15. From your experience, do you have any advice for other roleplayers that are just getting started?
      Don't worry! Other roleplayers are very understanding. Even if you struggle to find a rhythm, you'll get there. People on this site tend to be really understanding and won't judge you as you find your writing voice! Or, if they do, dump them and find some other roleplay partners!
breadstick
Yellow Belt
House: Amaranthine

character interview

Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:27 am

CHARACTER INTERVIEW: SEBASTIAN

1. What would you say is your character's theme song?
━ oh man oh man am i glad you asked. born for this - the score. it just screams seb to me, through and through. i actually have a full playlist of one/two songs that describe each of my ocs, and this is sebastians.
2. If your character was a supernatural creature, what would they be and why? Can you describe what they’d look like?
━ sebastian has taken many forms over the course of our aus, and i think my favourite is our rendition of him as a vampire. he's just completely done with life, having moved on from his pirating days, occasionally battling with his enemy, doing dirty deeds for the other vampires in the city to get a good reputation. he still honestly looks pretty piratelike, still scruffy as hell, but with slightly updated clothes. his fangs are constantly popped out and it's not a pretty sight. this is pretty boring i'm so sorry lmao
3. If they were in the Hunger Games, would they survive for long? What would be their weapon of choice?
━ oh man, we've had this discussion too. sebastian ends up winning the hunger games out of all of our ocs - and he'd go with either a pistol or a rapier if they were available. if not, he'd do with daggers. the classic pirate gear.
4. What would be your character's totem animal? Why?
━ oops forgot to fill this in. i honestly dont know
5. What kind of a superpower would your character like to have the most? Why?
━ oh man, well, seb has had an au in the past where he has the ability to manipulate fire, set fire to shit on impulse (including his own clothes), and generally cause havoc - and honestly, that's what he'd choose if he had the chance. however, if he couldn't have that, he would have the ability to turn invisible on command - it helps a lot with sneaking around n shit, and stealing things.
6. It’s the purge. What does your character do? Do they stay inside, or do they go out and break the law?
━ dude, sebastian breaks the law on the daily - he would absolutely go out and break the law, especially if he could get away with it with no repercussions whatsoever.
7. Did they grow up nurtured or neglected? How has this affected them in adulthood?
━ a mixture of both. seb was never really close to any of his family, and was more a tool for his father in stealing for him, doing his dirty work - he was emotionally distant from seb, and his mother more or less kept in tow with this. they provided for him, whatever he needed to live, but given the violence from his father he wouldn't've considered it nurturing. seb doesn't harbour much remorse at all for leaving his family behind and the treatment he got from them was more or less what pushed him to find his family in the crew, therefore relying on them more than he would ever say verbally. he does have a relatively vulnerable side that he rarely lets anyone bear witness to as a result of little emotional support as a child.
8. If they could only save one thing from a burning building, what would it be? Why?
━ honestly unless it was his own or kai's i don't think he would save anything. just walk on by. if it was his or kai's? his weapons, or kai himself. as materialistic as he is, he sure as hell isn't going to risk his life for anything, especially in a fire he likely started.
9. What do they think is the worst thing that can be done to a person?
━ betrayal from someone closest to you, or someone you trust with your life. this comes in the form of his death in the ghost au, but is more or less something he lives by religiously. in the ghost au, he died as a result of his loyalty to the captain, who the rest of the crew was planning to overthrow, and thus was killed off first out of his supporters as the one most likely to put up a ferocious fight. this more or less comes in during every au he's incorporated into; though he does, at one point, turn on his own crew in the first au we had with him.
10. What is their greatest regret?
━ now that depends on the au, but it's usually 'not stabbing someone before they got the chance to stab me'. actually, no, that's all it is.
11. What is their perception of redemption?
━ sebastian thinks it's bullshit. he's a lawbreaker, wanted, beyond redemption some may say. he very, very rarely seeks redemption, he'd rather be judged for what he is than pretend to be righteous. he can try as he might to be a better person in the end, but he will always be a pirate, and there's no changing it.
12. What would they ask a fortune teller?
━ are you kidding? seb wouldn't ask them shit, he doesn't believe in this sort of thing, nor does he really give two shits about what they'd say, regardless of how accurate. he's very much 'fuck fate'.
13. Someone has wronged your character. Do they respond with forgiveness or revenge?
━ revenge. no chance for forgiveness. he very much goes by 'an eye for an eye'.
14. What, if anything, makes your character feel insecure?
━ being replaceable. he's so used to being a vital cog in the midst of a large and complex crew, so much so that he's not used to not having a use. he's very aware he could be replaced at any point if he does a bad job, and such insecurities carry into relationships and friendships, too, albeit quietly. they are very, very rarely spoken about, if at all.
15. Does your character see themselves as the victim?
━ most of the time sebastian accepts how much of a bastard he is, but it could be said that he does see himself as the victim of an unfair life from the start. as the thief's kid always sent to do his bidding because he's smaller, slippery and less likely to attract suspicion, he was never really given an opportunity to do what he wants to do, and he's always had his path set out before him. he tells himself he would never change it, not for the world, but what someone tells themself and what is reality is fundamentally different.
Last edited by breadstick on Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt
House: Vipera

Member Interview

Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:27 pm

1. What are your bad habits?
Probably the fact that I let things go so easily. But then I let things continue to bother me even when I have supposedly let them go? If any of that makes sense.

2. Do you like big crowds of people?
If I know people in it, then yes. Otherwise if I'm alone in an ocean of people, I don't necessarily care for it.

No I don't think it matters. If you love the person, share common interests, and generally care about each other, why should it matter? My boyfriend and I are ten years apart but to both of us it feels like it doesn't even matter because we both enjoy Star Wars and are both nerds and we both learn from each other even though I'm younger.

People talking shit behind my back. I also am paranoid that I'm going to be hit by a truck whenever I'm driving and I get boxed in by them.

I think some people are lucky. Am I one of those people? Nope.

I think so, at least I hope I am.

Probably how much about Star Wars I know for how young I am. XD Or that I seem to have photographic memory of my toy section at work and can easily point out where things or. Or how I know exactly what funkos come out what day and can tell people exactly when to come in to get them.

Space please. I can be a Mandalorian.

To finally settle down, find someone to call my other half. Get a house that I can have the entire basement be funkos. Have a kid or two, and of course be married and happy.

I can sleep so much. Like I can sleep from 8pm to 3pm the next day and still be tired and I don't care for it because I want to do things.

Fandoms.

Things that we have to world build (roleplay with deer very much excluded XD)

On ChickenSmoothie because I was bored. It was Warrior Cats and then moved into vampires, and then somehow I ended up here.

14. What is a roleplay that you have wanted to try but did not get the chance to do yet?
Honestly most to all of my roleplays I can usually find someone to do it with. I suppose for awhile I was really into Jupiter Ascending and wanted a roleplay of that. But now I'm out of it.

15. From your experience, do you have any advice for other roleplayers that are just getting started?
Be yourself and don't let anyone tell you how to run your characters or what to do specifically. Do what makes you happy.

xxxx
Imagex News: ......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [][∞]
Errickon [] Momo []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
LeesiGalaxy
Green Belt
House: Halcyon

Member Interview — Leesi

Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:32 pm

1. What are your bad habits?

I have an awful habit of doubting myself or putting myself down when there’s something I should be proud of. Also, I bite my lips and the insides of my cheeks a lot, and I also have this habit of scratching my head if I’m bored or concentrating on something, which makes my hair super oily and aggravates my scalp, giving me dandruff. Bad habit! I hate it!

2. Do you like large crowds of people?

Not really, no. Specifically because I don’t like people standing behind me because of bad past experiences. If I’m up against a wall and no one can get behind me, I might be fine, but you won’t catch me in the middle of a large crowd, and if you do… save me. XD

Ehhh... Personally, I would never date anyone 6 years older than myself, I think it’s weird. But if two consenting adults want to be together, then I’m not going to stop them or try and tell them they can’t. But I AM going to think it’s weird and gross when a 60 year-old is dating a 20 year-old. Ew.

Too many things. I’m paranoid that all my friends secretly can’t stand me and just put up with me because they feel bad for me, I’m paranoid about people being behind me and touching me. I’m paranoid that I’m actually terrible at my hobbies that I feel I’m actually kinda good with. I’m paranoid to sleep in front of people (aside from my boyfriend obviously)... Idk, just a lot of things.

I mean… no? I find luck to be more believable than miracles simply because I’ve experienced some weirdly good luck that’s like, what are the odds???? But luck is kind of just mathematics at work. As far as miracles go, I’m not really religious, so no.

I’d say so, yes! Online, I find it very easy to make friends and get along with just about anyone, minus a few people here and there. In real life, I’m pretty shy and I find it hard to socialize, as I went to a school with like… 15 students. Growing up, I rarely met a lot of new people, so I have a hard time getting comfortable with people. But I want to say that I’m a pretty agreeable person and that it’s not difficult to be friends with me.

People are always really impressed with my art— I tell people I like to write, but I don’t show them my writing much at all, it just feels a lot more personal. When I DO show someone my writing, they always seem so impressed. These things would be validating if I didn’t fear I was secretly terrible at everything and people are just being nice. X’D People are ALWAYS blown away by my hair (it’s length specifically, it’s to my thighs) so that’s nice. XD

Space, no competition! I know there are places on earth in the ocean that we have never explored, and we have no idea what’s down there, but honestly… it just freaks me out. So space it is!

Gosh, I know this sounds really… full of it, but I kind of just want to keep improving my art and eventually becoming successful enough to make a living out of it. That would be really nice. I want to get married and have a couple kiddos, too! <3

All of my bad coping mechanisms that I don’t really want to talk about, they’re just too personal.

Fantasy and sci-fi! Give me elves, give me androids, I live for that shit! Also, definitely all the fandoms.

Probably slice of life? I just find it too boring, it’s hard to keep my interest. I’d be willing to try one with the right partner, though!

Well, back when I was 11 or 12, my aunt had downloaded and printed out a Halo fan fiction she had come across (I know, who DOES that?? It was like 20 chapters long too, thousands of words! She had it in a BINDER.) and read it to her daughter and myself. After four or five sessions I asked where I could find more “books” like that, and she explained that it was a fan fiction from a place called fanfiction.net. This BLEW little Leesi’s mind. I was like, “Wait, people can just… write whatever they want, even about characters from different shows and stuff?” And she was like “Yeah!” and helped make me an account. Little Leesi started writing TERRIBLE TMNT and Transformers fan fiction and eventually found her way onto the forums, where people were role playing. Little Leesi’s mind was blown AGAIN. “Wait, you can write WITH people? And have their characters talk to yours???” And so, that’s how I started role playing, and I still love it soooo much!

Listen to me. I n e e d a Westworld role play. I NEED IT. Desperately.

I have several bits of advice, most are pretty technical/practical. First of all, keep in mind that at the end of the day, this is just a fun hobby! It’s supposed to be a good time, try not to sweat over the little details. Naturally, as time goes on and the more you write with other writers, your style will develop and you’ll pick up on what is and isn’t good role play etiquette. It’s just something that comes with time. Just remember to have fun! That being said, there are several things that will help people be more inclined to write with you. Saying, “No one can tell me what to do with my writing/character/idea!” is all well and good, but don’t be surprised if it’s hard for you to find partners with an attitude like that. Hopefully my advice is helpful!

One) Role play is a give and take hobby. It’s two (or more) writers getting together to write, both expecting to get something out of the experience. Make sure you’re giving just as much as you’re taking! Two) Creating interesting and believable characters is half the fun; make sure your character is fleshed out and consistent, a character your partner(s) will care about! It’s hard to role play with someone whose character is an insufferable, perfect, annoying Mary Sue. Three) There are a lot of unspoken rules when it comes to role play— everyone should know the golden rule of ‘No God-modding’, but there are a ton of other similar rules to make sure both parties have a good time. You can ask your new partner their advice on “rules of role play” or you can google it.

I’ve never participated in one of these before, I can’t wait to do the character interview! Juuuuust gotta pick a character to use.
teddy
Green Belt
House: Amaranthine

character interview. | elizabeth sorenson.

Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:03 pm

• ELIZABETH
    xxSORENSON based on no particular rp.
                • xxx
                  xxx

oh, man, it's a bit of a toss up between stiletto by billy joel or killer queen by queen. i feel like they both fit her. in her mind, she's a charming, dangerous femme fatale. killer queen, especially, has some sort of elegance to it which i feel as if she would resonate with. she thinks she's a juxtaposition between the good and the bad, the beautiful, and the ugly.

2. If your character was a supernatural creature, what would they be and why? Can you describe what they’d look like?
                  honestly, i could see her as a shapeshifter. she's very charming and alluring, and i feel like this would get used to her advantage. her most chosen/comfortable appearance would likely be how she looks now, though when she needs to get something from someone, or get someone's attention, the shifting could be from anyone the person would find attractive, a family member -- anything she could use to get what she needs.

3. If they were in the Hunger Games, would they survive for long? What would be their weapon of choice?
                  she'd definitely survive as long as she could. elizabeth has pretty good survival skills, if she does say so herself. granted, she knows a lot more about combat and staying alive than she does the wilderness, so the games would likely throw her off a shit ton. she's a fighter, though, and would definitely go down while raising some hell. her weapon of choice would definitely be a fixed blade. something short and easy to conceal. that's right up her alley.

according to native american folklore, she'd be an alligator. alligators represent efficiency, stealth, aggression and revenge. the alligator is also symbolic of maternal instinct, which, i think, oddly suits her.

she'd definitely like some sort of enhancement super-serum to boost her agility and strength. i wouldn't imagine that she'd care much for something like invisibility or telepathy, even though both of them would help her on missions or contracts. she relies heavily off of her senses, too, so some sort of sense enhancement would be up her alley.

6. It’s the purge. What does your character do? Do they stay inside, or do they go out and break the law?
                  oh, yeah, no, she's definitely going out and breaking the law. she'd probably have a contest with herself to one up all the crimes she committed last year, or something like that, anyways. she'd have fun doing it, too.

7. Did they grow up nurtured or neglected? How has this affected them in adulthood?
                  neglected. even though she thinks she's an excellent speaker, a charmer, or someone who knows how to talk to people, her idea of relationships, whether it be platonic, social, or romantic, are clearly stunted. she doesn't know how to be around people on a personal level. she doesn't understand how to make actual connections with people.

8. If they could only save one thing from a burning building, what would it be? Why?
                  herself. she's selfish, and she isn't afraid to admit that. if she had a choice to go back into the building and save the elderly, children, etc, she just wouldn't.

strip them of their identity, make sure they're forgotten about. that's her biggest fear -- that she'll become a nobody one day.

in a weird way that elizabeth would never bring up, nor mention, probably that she never got to live a normal life. it's too late for her. she couldn't settle down and start a family, not have children, not find 'the one,' not in the lifestyle she's living. she likes to think that that doesn't really bother her, but deep down, it does.

she's indifferent to redemption. she doesn't seek it, she doesn't want it, either. when the idea of judgement day comes, she won't care. she won't need to redeem herself.

something revolving around her death. perhaps when it happens, how it happens, and if there's anything she can do to prevent it. she doesn't want to die, and would do anything she could to make sure she stays alive.

13. Someone has wronged your character. Do they respond with forgiveness or revenge?
                  she definitely responds with revenge and retaliation. she's cold-natured and would immediately react out of malice, even if it's something simple like accidentally cutting her off or accidentally short-changing her. in a way, though, she wants to be forgiving. she doesn't want to be terrible -- but she can't help herself.

though she pretends like she's always confident and blithe, eye contact absolutely kills her. she avoids eye contact with people in conversation (unless she needs to go Bitch Mode) because she feels like they're staring into her, judging who she is, reading into her, and it terrifies her.

i don't think she really thinks like that. perhaps she sees herself as the victim of some sort of twisted life fate, that she was going to be bitchy and lonely from the start. i don't think she sees it as black and white as being the victim, though.
LeesiGalaxy
Green Belt

Re: AS Afflatus: Issue Thirty-One

Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:33 am

Character Interview: Bree
Based on my Detroit: Become Human role play with Newt, ▷ d e v i a n t s ◁

I’ve always felt that Lovely by Billie Eilish & Khalid was her theme song. A little backstory, in our role play, Bree is taken hostage because she is the daughter of the androids’ creator, Elijah Kamski. The lyrics of the song suit her both literally and figuratively.

Thought I found a way out, but you never go away—“ She left to live her own life, but her father and his creations, his legacy, are literally always around her, reminding her of him constantly. She can’t seem to separate herself from her father no matter what she does.

Oh I hope someday I’ll make it out of here—“ She’s locked inside a room in Jericho, held hostage, and she wants to get out (at first). Figuratively, she hopes she can get out from under her father’s shadow and live her own life, for real.

Isn’t it lovely? All alone. Heart made of glass, my mind of stone.” Bree has always been ‘alone’ no matter where she was. Her father was pretty absent, always off working on his androids, and her mother left soon after she was born. She was practically raised by Chloe, the first android. She has a fragile heart, but it’s sharp if you get too close. Her mind is always working, and it’s heavy, hard to carry.

Idk, I just think the whole thing really suits her.

Hmmm, that’s a tough one. I was thinking, maybe a changeling? “A changeling is a human-like creature found in folklore and folk religion throughout Europe. A changeling was believed to be a fairy child that had been left in place of a human child who was stolen by the fairies.” She is a human who was pretty much raised by an android. I don’t know what she’d look like, maybe she’d just have cute pointed ears. >:3

Bree would survive for a while, only because she’s whip-smart. She’d honestly avoid as much combat as she could, and I’d say she’d survive all the way up until it was her against... I dunno, a kid or something. She wouldn’t be able to bring herself to do it. And then the kid would kill her. X’DDD She’d probably use a spear or something, something she can use up close and at a distance, as well.

She’d have the antelope as her totem animal. The first site I read for it said, “As totems, antelopes are symbols of elegance, high energy levels, communication and wisdom. People born under this totem or protected by it are very intelligent and they use their knowledge to advance in life. The first person you are going to look for advice is a person born under this totem.” And another said they are— “Active, agile, jumpiness, keen eyesight, survival, willing to sacrifice, mental clarity, intuitive, protective.” And I think all of this suits her!

Hmm... heh. Technopathy. Talk to machines... `Cause she’s— yeah you get it.

The only laws she’s looking to break are the ones keeping the androids in chains, so she’ll probably just stay in that night. XD

Definitely neglected. Chloe took care of all her physical needs growing up, but Chloe just didn’t have the emotional ability to nurture Bree, and Kamski was busy all the time. The only time he showed her any attention was to study her as a basis to create children androids, or teach her about the androids so that one day she could make them, too. I would say that Bree is emotionally constipated. Like, she has so many feelings and emotions but she doesn’t know how to talk about them, so she bottles it all up. She’s also quite the recluse and prefers to spend her time wrapped up in soft blankets and reading books.

Hmm, Bree never put that much stock into items, she doesn’t really own anything she would be devastated to lose. Maybe one of the first books Markus bought for her? IDK.

She thinks slavery is pretty freaking bad. Like, once she realizes the androids’ emotions are real and legitimate and they’re a brand new race/species of people, a flip is switched and she is just like, “WTF! No this is not going to stand.”

Maybe not being kinder to Chloe. It isn’t like Chloe was ‘awake’ then, and she wasn’t cruel to her or anything like that, but she still wishes she’d treated her more like a mother and less like a babysitter, you know?

Making an effort to right the wrongs is good enough for her. Though, even if her father tried to redeem himself, I’m not sure she could ever forgive him. Or maybe she could, but she just wouldn’t want him in her life anymore.

She’d ask if the androids win, if she can be with Markus and be happy, and live at least some semblance of a happy life with him, or if they’ll just have to keep fighting forever.

Bree is generally pretty forgiving, unless you’re her father. In which case, revenge! MUAHAHAHAHA!

Her emotions and expressing herself make her feel insecure. Sometimes she feels like an android, herself, finding it hard to be honest about how she’s feeling.

Kind of, yeah. She sees herself and the androids all as victims of her father, their creator. Honestly, she feels he screwed them all over; he was a shit father to her, and he knew that his androids could be capable of emotion and he still let them be, essentially, slaves. Even though they’re victims, though, she won’t let that define her life. She’s determined to do something about that, which is why she decides to help the androids get their freedom.

LOL if you see my coding, I’m sorry for your eyeballs. I kept changing my mind if I wanted all the text to be grey, or not. xDDD
important
Black Belt

member questionnaire activity

Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:10 pm

• 1. what are your bad habits? i have a lot! too many! i can't remember all of them! but i will try to list what i can remember! i bite the insides of my cheeks and lips a LOT. i tear at the skin around my nails and pick at it. i crack my joints. i drink too much coffee. i stay up too late sometimes. don't eat, or eat too much. i used to have way worse bad habits but i've since then gotten a LOT better at treating myself better. used to be super bad, going to bed at like 5 AM and not eating for days and hurting myself but i've grown a lot as a person and my little tiny habits i have now help me so!
      2. do you like big crowds of people? NO big no FUCK no. i get super stressed out and jumpy and anxious and desperate to get myself out of said situation. even like... going to the store when it's super busy puts me on edge and makes me a huge wreck just ask emily she's had to reign me in a few times and tell me to chill out lmao
      3. do you think age matters in a relationship? why/why not? yes. if i see a sixteen year old with a twenty plus year old i'm cocking my fucking shotgun. but if it's like.. a thirty year old and a forty year old, whatever -- they're both consenting adults and (hopefully) happy. it's not my place to condemn other people for their relationships, unless, like i said in the beginning, it's fucking sick and illegal (:
      4. what are you paranoid about? (: everything??? (: i'm terrified that people don't like me. that they just put up with me because they're too nice to tell me otherwise. i lived a good twenty plus years thinking i was nothing so it's super hard for me to accept that people can care and love me without ulterior motives, unfortunately. i'm getting better, but!! it is hard for me, especially when it comes to other people.
      5. do you believe in luck and miracles? yes and no. i believe in coincidence but not luck. this is a super hard question for me to answer because in some things, yes, i can definitely smile and say it's a miracle and that we were lucky that it worked out, but in others, i feel like i am the master of my own fate -- so anything that happens, whether good or bad, was of my own making and doing. does that make sense? probably not!
      6. are you easy to get along with? i personally like to think so! like i don't wanna kiss my own ass or anything but i do like to think that i'm an easy-going person!! i know i am not perfect by any stretch and do have my own vices and triggers that set me off, but for the most part, if you're nice to me, i'm nice right back!
      7. what do other people find outstanding about you? i don't know! i do not know. i do not ask and i do not get told or if i do get told i tend to forget or brain likes to think it's an elaborate Trick. i'd ask but i honestly do NOT want to know the answer to that (:
      8. trip to outer space or to the bottom of the ocean? bottom of the ocean! it's super fascinating to me! the idea of so many creatures that we haven't even discovered yet is super intriguing to me! i'd take that over space any day of the week!! i love the ocean in a weird way -- i like learning about it, but i don't like... hm, i don't like going to the beach? but i'd love to like. scuba dive. or get in one of those cages and swim with sharks and shit. love that!
      9. what is your secret/most important wish? well my most important wish is to get my fucking visa which should HOPEFULLY be coming within the next few months (ish??) but my secret wish is secret (:
      10. do you have a vice that you hate having? i'm going to be perfectly honest and say that i don't even know my own vices. i tend to distance myself from, well, myself. ignorance isn't a cute look on me, but unfortunately, it's the only way i know how to cope and be happy lmao
      11. what is your favourite rp genre? i love! fantasy! fantasy is my most favourite i think. more specifically the world of TES, but fantasy in general i love! dragons! elves! magic! weird creatures! give me tons of that shit! love it! i think that's my top genre like i love a LOT of genres but to me nothing will beat fantasy
      12. what is your least favourite rp genre? slice of life. i just find it too boring for my personal writing tastes. feel it gets too dry and dies more quickly. i like action centred stuff! though i don't mind things like romance in a plot, i don't want it to be solely focused on it, y'know?
      13. how did you get started with role-playing? omegle. there's a huge nice throwback for a lot of us. i started on omegle, which was probably the worst place to start, but we all gotta start somewhere. met my first rp partner through there, were we continued our rp through emails. i slowly started trying to find one on one chat rooms built for role-playing, then moved onto CS when i found that. found AS through there, and here we are!
      14. what is a roleplay that you have wanted to try but did not get the chance to do yet? i really wanna do an ESO based rp (2E) but not a lotta people play and i'm unfortunately neck deep in that shit rn so lmao. like i've always wanted to do a three banners war type of plot but, again, finding people for such a thing is so difficult ):
      15. from your experience, do you have any advice for other roleplayers that are just getting started? read! read, read, read. read books, read other people's writing, read your own writing. and most importantly -- write! it doesn't matter if it's sloppy or bad at first. it's for you. develop your style. find what you're comfortable with. once you figure those things out, put yourself out there! post ads! message people that are looking for role-plays! write prompts! develop your characters! even if it's some locked up google document that no-one else can see or a huge thread where you throw words together -- write! learn from your mistakes, learn from your accomplishments, and learn how to improve! practise is everything, especially when it comes to writing!
angelofwarfare
Red Belt

member interview

Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:20 am

Image xxx ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
xxxxxxx1.) What are your bad habits?:
xxxxxxxxxhmmm. probably procrastination on certain side projects. after a long week of work, there are things that I can't just be bothered with and I keep xxxxxxxxxpushing it back week by week. eventually, I do get to them. though, the completion to these projects take longer than they should because of this.
xxxxxxxxx2.) Do you like big crowds of people?:
xxxxxxxxxno, not really. I can deal and manage with it, but I have the preference to smaller crowds.
xxxxxxxxx3.) Do you think age matters in a relationship? Why/Why not?:
xxxxxxxxxuhh, in certain situations yes. a sixteen year old with someone that is eighteen or older? that's a huge NOPE. a person that is twenty years old and is xxxxxxxxxwith a thirty something year old? fine by me.it depends on the circumstance.
xxxxxxxxx4.) What are you paranoid about?:
xxxxxxxxx"did I accidentally offend them with what I said?" sometimes, I overthink things. :')
xxxxxxxxx5.) Do you believe in luck and miracles?:
xxxxxxxxx miracles? nope. luck? ehhh, yeah, I can sort of believe in luck and chance.
xxxxxxxxx6.) Are you easy to get along with?:
xxxxxxxxxI'd like to think so? I am kind of shy-ish? like, I keep to myself like the lil introvert I am. though, I am fairly easy to talk to. I try to understand the xxxxxxxxxother person, such as their mannerisms, what they like and don't like, etc and take this into account when interacting with them.
xxxxxxxxx7.) What do other people find outstanding about you?:
xxxxxxxxxfuck if I know. lmao. idk. creativity? thinking outside the box? kindness? being easy to get along with? um...I am fairly good at cooking?
xxxxxxxxx8.) Trip to outer space or to the bottom of the ocean?:
xxxxxxxxxdo I get to go to space with the normandy, forward unto dawn, or an imperial star destroyer? if so, helllll yesssssssss. spacceee!
xxxxxxxxx9.) What is your secret/most important wish?:
xxxxxxxxxsuccess. yep. success. where I do not have to worry about a thing, and take care of myself as well as the others that look up to me. I want to give xxxxxxxxxthese people all that they have given me and more. they deserve it.
xxxxxxxxx10.) Do you have a vice that you hate having?:
xxxxxxxxxa vice? I mean, I don't smoke, drink, or gamble. I do like lounging around on my days off. maybe that. can someone tell my lazy ass to go do xxxxxxxxxsomething other than laundry, gym,and grocery shopping?
xxxxxxxxx11.) What is your favorite rp genre?:
xxxxxxxxxfantasy and sci-fi based. sometimes, fandom based toooo.
xxxxxxxxx12.) What is your least favorite rp genre?:
xxxxxxxxxugh. high school and slice of life. definitely.
xxxxxxxxx13.) How did you get started with role-playing?:
xxxxxxxxxI was on a horse sim website. there was the 'forums' section and the 'roleplaying/games' section. I mainly wandered around the forums, and one day, xxxxxxxxxI decided to check out the other tab. I joined my first rpg there, and since then, I am still roleplaying. not as often as in the past, but still enjoying xxxxxxxxxmyself.
xxxxxxxxx14.) What is a roleplay that you have wanted to try but did not get the chance to do yet?:
xxxxxxxxxspies (or two forces that normally would be enemies but have to work together) and something similar to star wars and/or the mass effect series. xxxxxxxxxlike, the obvious light vs dark theme with these larger pieces playing on the field and the characters are just hanging in there to reach their objective. xxxxxxxxxfor the sci-fi plot, they would be on a medium sized ship with their own crew. got a captain, engineer, etc. either a onexone or a group rpg for the sci-fi xxxxxxxxxplot.spies is a w.i.p. already. yassssss. my dreammmsssss.
xxxxxxxxx15.) From your experience, do you have any advice for other roleplayers that are just getting started?:
xxxxxxxxxum...one person has mentioned it already to read books or shows for inspo. also, be nice to your partner. don't be a meanie. be understandable of xxxxxxxxxtheir situation whether it be work or school. advanced scribes isn't what is going to pay the bills. they don't owe you a reply. one other thing, help your xxxxxxxxxpartner with plotting and stuff like that. they will love you for it, trust me.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
angelofwarfare
Red Belt

character interview #1

Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:21 am

Image ╒═════════════════════════════════════════════╕ xxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"nadia w. artamanova"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.) What would you say is your character's theme song?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxgod is a woman by ariana grande
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx2.) If your character was a supernatural creature, what would they be and why? Can you describe what they’d look like?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxa genie! she was cursed by an ahamkara (basically something that makes wishes, but its price is heavier than the benefit). I think xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxit would be rather fitting. for the attire, she'd be rocking that genie look!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx3.) If they were in the Hunger Games, would they survive for long? What would be their weapon of choice?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I would like to believe she would be one of the five remaining survivors since she is nimble and quick. for her choice of weapon, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxmost likely throwing daggers or a glaive.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx4.) What would be your character's totem animal? Why?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxohhh! I did one of these quizzes recently! she'd be an owl! mysterious, wise, and associated with the night.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx5.) What kind of a superpower would your character like to have the most? Why?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwell, she's got quite a few already. probably to see through the eyes of an animal or something like that. or, talk to animals so she xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcould speak to her kitten!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx6.) It’s the purge. What does your character do? Do they stay inside, or do they go out and break the law?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxstay inside. don't get involved with it.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx7.) Did they grow up nurtured or neglected? How has this affected them in adulthood?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxpartially neglected. sure, her parents bought her everything she could ever want. though, they thought buying material things was xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxa collateral for giving love to another. there were times were she thought about running away from home. in adulthood, she can be xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxa little wary and distrusting of others at first because of this. she keeps a distance from others.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx8.) If they could only save one thing from a burning building, what would it be? Why?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxher family's book. it has their history, sketches, images, etc.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx9.) What do they think is the worst thing that can be done to a person?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkeep them 'caged/entrapped'. no sense of freedom for them.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx10.) What is their greatest regret?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxnot revolting/speaking out sooner.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx11.) What is their perception of redemption?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwhen a person has truly righted their wrong, and are genuine in this process w/o an ulterior motive.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx12.) What would they ask a fortune teller?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'will I find happiness?'
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx13.) Someone has wronged your character. Do they respond with forgiveness or revenge?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxforgiveness. she isn't quick as to enact revenge unless you did something realllyyyyy bad. it really depends on the severity of it.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx14.) What, if anything, makes your character feel insecure?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxum, a few things. she's got a low self-esteem. she doesn't believe in herself when she should. she's insecure about her looks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(specifically her height). she is also insecure on whether people treat her as they are because of her status and it is expected from xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxthem or they truly care to have interest in her.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx15.) Does your character see themselves as the victim?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxa victim? kind of? I mean, she was living in a gilded cage for a while. stuck at her residence because the person she married was xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxafraid of the world seeing her. so, she rarely left the walls of the residence. plus, there was the expectancy of acting and behaving xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxa certain way. so, she was submissive for a certain time.
╘══════════════════════════════════════════════╛
angelofwarfare
Red Belt

character interview #2

Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:22 am

Image ╒═════════════════════════════════════════════╕ xxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"raphael m. warren"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.) What would you say is your character's theme song?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdiamond eyes by shinedown
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx2.) If your character was a supernatural creature, what would they be and why? Can you describe what they’d look like?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhmm. that's a tricky one. he's technically is one, since he was revived by a valkyrie. I'd say something related to a canine such as a xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhellhound, werewolf, or a dire wolf.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx3.) If they were in the Hunger Games, would they survive for long? What would be their weapon of choice?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx the same as the previous response, perhaps the last remaining five. for a weapon, a polearm of some sorts or a crossbow.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx4.) What would be your character's totem animal? Why?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a wolf, as cliche as it sounds. intelligent, strong instincts, and relies on a pack.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx5.) What kind of a superpower would your character like to have the most? Why?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxtelepathy would be handy to speak to another without saying the words aloud. it could be useful, whether it be related to a mission xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxor just for funsies to screw around with people.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx6.) It’s the purge. What does your character do? Do they stay inside, or do they go out and break the law?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxstay inside. he's not the type to be mixed up with that kind of chaos. at least, not willingly.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx7.) Did they grow up nurtured or neglected? How has this affected them in adulthood?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhe was nutured in his childhood. it reflects through his work to help others that are need and the kinder attributes he displays in a xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxrelaxed setting.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx8.) If they could only save one thing from a burning building, what would it be? Why?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxvials of precious ingredients, herbs, etc that he has gathered from a mythical and alternative world he frequents.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx9.) What do they think is the worst thing that can be done to a person?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxfor their dreams to perish/die by another's hand.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx10.) What is their greatest regret?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxnot living 'life' in his previous life. haha. bit of a tongue twister there. he wanted to marry the woman of his dreams, but got drafted xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbefore he could.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx11.) What is their perception of redemption?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxthey prove themselves as worthy once more, and have the willingness as well as the drive to change who they are for the greater xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxgood.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx12.) What would they ask a fortune teller?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'will I find my renewed purpose in the world?'
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx13.) Someone has wronged your character. Do they respond with forgiveness or revenge?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxrevenge. he's not a carpet that someone can walk over. he's not going to take that kind of crap.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx14.) What, if anything, makes your character feel insecure?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxif what he does is worthawhile, and the impact that he creates in others. right as of now, he feels like a wanderer of the earth. he xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdoesn't know where he is going and he doesn't know where he is supposed to go. he feels lost, and the definition of his greater xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxpurpose is unknown.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx15.) Does your character see themselves as the victim?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxa victim to a certain point. he died in a war, and then he was revived to fight another war. the same element of being forced and no xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcontrol of his fate is implemented again. so in a way, he does sort of feel as if he is a victim. he was shaped to fulfill another's xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxpurpose to be a warrior of sorts. he did not get a say in what he wished to be. it has been simply done. though, he tries to find the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxpositive aspects in it.
╘══════════════════════════════════════════════╛